Why do so many people seem to think Gravity Falls is the greatest cartoon ever?

Why do so many people seem to think Gravity Falls is the greatest cartoon ever?

it's the Lost syndrome but without enough seasons to backfire
It leaves all these clues and mysteries for you obsess over you hopefully overlook it falling to pieces toward the end

It is a pretty good cartoon, but it also has a massive popularity boost full of normies who haven't seen an action adventure cartoon since they were a little kid, and they give it more credit than it deserves. Not that it doesn't deserve any credit, just a bit overblown.

Also people like that mystery and decryption stuff.

Gravity Falls is old news.

Now it's all about Rick & Morty.

greatest cartoon ever?
no its not

The first season is amazing
the seccond was ok and the ending was rushed but overall its a good toon

The show has good animation. The season 1 finale was good and the mid-season 2 finale was great and the peak of the show. Everything else is either average or shit, the typical episode of the show is just random supernatural stuff happening without any kind of overarching plot, it has more in common with Adventure Time than ATLA. Not that there is anything wrong with random cartoons but fans advertise Graviity Falls as a plot driven cartoon. Also the way it handles characters is pretty shitty, they give Pacifica one episode then forget about her, Gideon has a change of heart for no reason, Robbie is a pointless character, Old Man McGucket gets a lot of build up and nothing comes from it, Mabel always has to get her way, the show wastes way too much time on Dipper trying to get into Wendy's pants, etc.

Because literally everything important in the show is top-notch? The plot, the humor, the animation, the characters, I can go on and on...

And in contrast with say Avatar, it did not have a single truly bad episode (sorry, Mabel haters).

They're really young

This.

GF is written in the style of early 2000s cartoons, if anything you'd expect a somewhat older fandom

I loved Gravity Falls when it was airing, but I started noticing more of its flaws after it ended and loved it less.

I still like it, but it isn't the perfect masterpiece everyone makes it out to be.

You know what? I totally agree with you about the plot... but you're missing the point, and it's also why you go off on a moronic rant about the characters.

The driving force of the show isn't the plot, it's the humor (especially in the brilliantly-written dialogue). The fact that plot points are sprinkled throughout the show (and also that there are more than a few plot-focused episodes!) is basically the icing on the proverbial cake.

>The show has good animation.

What's the truly bad episode of Avatar?

Two of them: The Great Divide and The Painted Lady. Every other episode is still watchable even if it's subpar, but those two are painful to watch.

i liked The Great Divide

>The driving force of the show isn't the plot, it's the humor
The entire fandom and all of the people who have reviewed the show disagree you. They're all about that plot and those mysteries.

I hate how everyone acts like the grappling hook was a big part of Mabel's character when she barely used it

She uses it in the three most climactic episodes of the series.

>The Painted Lady
Katara at least has a noble goal in that episode, in The Runaway she's just a nagging pest and armchair psychologist. The fact is the money Toph raised in that episode helped the Gaang's mission to defeat the Fire Nation and she should get some credit, I mean Katara steals a scroll for herself and it's treated as a joke Toph funds the invasion and it's treated as her acting out.

because they havent seen many shows.
Im sorry GF fans but this is the case. If you saw more shows you would realize why it isnt special at all.

That's way less than half of the show

What? It only took 1.5 seasons until it backfired.

Oh look, it's the GREATEST_CARTOONS_EVER.jpg/WEEB CARTOONS ARE BEATEST fag again.

It has an older fandom. My point was "the best show evar!" is something younger audiences throw around because they haven't been exposed to shows before them and those that are yet to come.

>implying I would ever use JPEGs for something like that
fucking pleb

>le season 2b was bad because Sup Forums says so maymay
Fuck off.

People give reasons for why they think the second half of season two was a disappointment, you can accept their reasoning or reject it but don't dismiss it.

Are you fucking kidding me? Toph was going insane in that episode, whatever Katara's faults were then she was fundamentally correct - they couldn't keep scamming the same fucking town!

It's not remotely comparable to taking one item and escaping, let alone an item they seriously needed for Aang (not just Katara).

They seldom give reasons, and just about never reasons that hold up to the flimsiest of scrutiny.

To this day I'm impressed with how Gravity Falls was able to convince so many people that Mabel was likeable and interesting

>People like her
>Not likable

Pick one

People only like her because she's cute and "quirky"

Why do you hate female characters?

thats not an argument for not liking her.

Sounds to me like YOU don't like her and are portraying your subjective opinion as objective fact.

>I don't like this character who is female
>"Why do you have female characters?!"

Go back to tumblr.

It wasn't an argument for not liking her, it was reasoning for why other people like her

To this day I'm impressed with how Gravity Falls was able to convince so many people that Mabel was one of the most hated characters ever made.

The Ember Island Players

Was this really worth a page ten bump?

I'm not sure which one of you pisses me off more.

Love u user

She was until the story kicked in, then it became clear how detached she was from it. She's great when you take her episode by episode.