Would Big Boss make for a good Captain America villain?

Would Big Boss make for a good Captain America villain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YniykBNZa0w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>villain

>Bossfags actually think this

I think Bucky is a better the;machoice for him. Call in Punisher or Fury or maybe war machine to assist for the end boss.

Only if Boss were full on steroids or something
Because Captain could easily whack him with the shield and half of his skeleton would be vanished

Big Boss really struggles to be a villain in my mind.

Don't get me wrong, he's done stupid shit, but the plot of MGS is him basically egging on the enemy faction, while offering help to Solid continuously. In every other game, he is genuinely the good guy, he's reminiscing wistfully while someone politely waits for him to get to the important part or it's MGS5 which was never finished.

Yes

>would an evil Cap/James Bond hybrid be a good Cap villain?

No idea OP.

Is this another "villain that would work well for superheroes" thread? Cause here's Ridley, just have him be a Green Lantern villain and I'd be sold.

>imp-fucking-lying
>kidnaps people
>steels oilix for himself
>threatens the world with nukes
>start wars without cause just so soldiers have a job with no regard for all collateral damage and deaths
>turn war orphans into more soliders for the war machine
>ditches loyal friends and followers
and most importantly
>personally admits he fucked up when he actually sees the world he was trying to create and calls Solid a better man for not making the same mistakes
I fucking love it when TPP newbies who, at best, watched Snake Eater cutscenes on youtube, think they know everything there is to know about Big Boss.

>Don't get me wrong, he's done stupid shit, but the plot of MGS is him basically egging on the enemy faction, while offering help to Solid continuously.
Nigga, you high? The only game where they interact continiously maybe is MG1, where his whole plan is to have Solid fail in his mission. In MG2 he is trying to kill him, and only MGS4 has a genuinely friendly interaction between them.

He was always a villain, MGS3 is just his dope-ass backstory

No one cares about the first two Metal Gear games.

seriously, why does everone pretent the metal gear games didn't happen? Venom Snake was created in large part to emphasize their existence

Is this like really aggressive PTSD?

My dude. I'd throw in the rest of the Space Pirates too and GEATHJERK while I was at it, for maximum crossover appeal.

But at least he's not a nazi

Outer Heaven's Logo had a Manji/Swastika

>Think we're finally getting the story of the tragic fall of Big Boss from a driven man wanting a better world for warriors into the child soldier rearing asshole we've always known and loved
>Lol nope, it's all a ploy to explain why Big Boss somehow survived MG1, a plot hole literally no one asked to be filled
>also he just became evil at somepoint, who cares, fuck you

I know Konami screwed us from the complete experience, but still irks me we were never probably gonna get BB's Macbeth story

He was already evil.

>Manji will never, ever not be synonymous with Nazis

Fucking Fuher......

He was on the slippery slope, true, but he hadn't gone full blown psycho. MSGV was billed as explaining how we got from Naked Snake Boss to full flegged world terrorist Big Boss

Look, all Big Boss is saying is, give war a chance.

the boss was the actual real american hero, Big boss rejected everything she did and choose revenge over peace. big boss is an Ozymandias tier villain who sacrifices people in order to get what he thinks it's the right thing.

And Kaz having to tell Venom why keeping former child soldiers on to become soldiers later on didn't clue you in to the darker part of Big Boss's psyche (Which venom shared thanks to Ocelote's hypnotic implantation of memories.)

I can think of a better Marvel hero/MGS villain combo.

You can't just tease me like a bitch over things I want but can't have user. It's not fair.

Is there any hero Big Boss would NOT be a good villain for?

Captain America would be better. Anyone who's seen the kind of thing that Armstrong's championing would work, honestly. Which is why I wish Raiden had called him on how shit his world would be, seeing as he lived in it for a while.

>villain

Name 5 things Big Boss did right in his entire life that don't involve getting his ass kicked by Solid Snake.

Freakazoid?
But that'd still be funny as hell.

Plasticman would be funny as hell too because his casual nature vs Boss' 200% fucking serious nature? Damnnnnn.

Aquaman. It wouldn't make sense. "Oh you're in the ocean?" (sinks platform)

"Oh you're on land?" (fucking ignores him because it's surface world bullshit)

His genetics are responsible for all the "Snakes" who came after him.

People with taste do. MG2 is a great game.

But either way, later games touch on his warmongering philosophy. It's an integral part of the character.

Villains don't always have to physically match the hero.

Then again, Raiden turned out okay (and his codename was "Snake"). Funny that the only one who wasn't doomed to never add any life into the world/only kill (Kojima loved the "killers don't make life they take it" metaphor via sterility) was the former child soldier.

Big Boss essentially creates a crossroads when he surgically creates Venom from the Medic. With the same memories and the same resources, Venom becomes the legend of Big Boss as an anti-hero, shouldering the weight of Diamond Dogs and eventually the creation of Outer Heaven. The 'true' Big Boss becomes the villanious interpretation of what 'Big Boss' is, and orchestrated the events of MG through to MGS4, in selfish lust for revenge, as opposed to the righteous vengeance of Venom, who accomplished what he believed were his goals when he eradicated XOF.

In a sense, the three things Big Boss did right were;
>The creation of the Big Boss identity and the formation of MSF/DD
>The creation of Venom Snake and the fulfillment of the Legend of Big Boss, and thereby continuing the development of the Boss's Will
>His death, giving Solid Snake the peace of mind on his final years

Why do MGSfags always pull this shit? We get it, you like metal gear. But this is not the board for video games.

The destruction of MSF is pretty clearly his reason for becoming more ambitious. After it gets blown up, Big Boss decides trying to passively exist in the world isn't enough and instead tries to reshape it in his own image. So he fucks off and gets some real estate in Africa to start building Outer Heaven.

>implying Big Boss wouldn't start tossing radioactive waste into the ocean just for the sake of fighting earth's greatest civil war; land vs water.

this

pff you can beat him with hairspray and a lighter. He wouldn't last 5 minutes against cap.

...battlefield?

Yeah, extending this pic beyond Snake/Big Boss was a terrible mistake. Sometimes you stupid assholes take a decent joke too far and rape it until it's more enraging than amusing.
I know you didn't make this but fuck you anyway.
Jerk.

He was.

Unless you don't think Liquid Snake was a villain either. He and Big Boss were after the same shit.

>and his codename was "Snake"
Yeah, for like 10 seconds. There's only one snake.

Say what you will about his ideals or cause, he still does some pretty damn villainous stuff. And someone like that makes a pretty good villain for Cap, I'd say.

How about Senator Armstrong?

Read it in his voice. Fuck some habits are hard to kick

>Beating up your demented infirm old man and burning him to death with an aerosol-flamethrower

Goddammit what a psychopath

As long as you agree revenge of the revengeance is stupid and non-canon.

He would be captain america

was sorrow cucked by cap

No
Captain America would have been Captain America, leading the Invaders and having interactions with the Cobra Unit.

Aw Jeez, I hope Cap's girlfriend doesn't find out.

> steve in cobra unit
what is his codename

>The Virgin

no no no no jfc no

Why would he be there? Just to suffer?

Cap coulda saved Venom. Just sayin

Pic related

Metal Gearzilla

Try again bitch; and MG II is 10x the Anti-G weapon that any metal gear could hope to be.

Railguns that fire anti-radiation missiles from another country.

Cadmium Missiles; kek, Super-X did that first and failed.
Also
>Implying Godzilla doesn't hit first and win in that first hit

The Valor

No place for that on the battlefield bud

Wonderful 101 is the best.

This son of a bitch would work for anyone. Just let him be a far more hands on version of Galactus.

Kaiju fanboys are the worst.

winter soldier is the best mgs movie

They seem to project personality onto monsters that I've only ever seen in the goofy movies with babygodzilla or whatever it was.

Big Boss is already peak human level AND benched a 900 ton mobile weapons platform.
youtu.be/YniykBNZa0w

>benched
that's an overhead press.

>Both's real name Jack
>Both held the title of Snake
>Both have doggo buddy
>Both help run a PMC
>Both had false memories
>Both lost an arm
>Both use cybernetic implants
>Both created by a "Snake"
Who portrayed the "remake of Big Boss" trope better, Venom Snake or Raiden?

One is an over the top American action hero, the other is an over the top Japanese action hero. Also, both lost an eye.

One carved his own path, one followed his wrath,
But maybe they're just the same?

In the end, both let their wrath guide them

But in the end it had to be this way.

>Space Pirates, GEATHJERK, and Godzilla kaiju are all apart of the Sinestro Corps
>Space Pirate and GEATHJERK grunts fight with the Qwardians and Manhunters as basic grunts
>GEATHJERK also supplies all their bigger kaiju and robots to the Sinestros
>Ridley becomes second-in-command
>other Space Pirate generals like Kraid and Weavel become huge Sinestro commanders
>King Ghidorah and Gigan are now the big guns of the Sinestros
Fuck me, this would be the sickest shit. The GLC would be almost completely fucked.

Big Boss is at worst anti-villain with emphasis on anti.

He just wanted a place for soldiers to be needed. Not to mention that years of betrayal and politicians screwing him and his loved ones was more than enough for him to make Outer Heaven.

Also the entire part of MGS5 and original Solid wasn't him but Medic that got turned into a copy of him.

People shitting on big boss, the patriots were basically hydra, he was fighting them like captain did on winter soldier. Of course the problem here is big boss is a real soldier and sacrificies had to be made

>trusting anything from video games

no

>Not trusting videogames.