Is Dr. Light still the Rape Guy

Is Dr. Light still the Rape Guy

No, Identity Crisis is not canon anymore

Once you do that it's very hard to come back from it.

First thing that I think of when I see him on Teen Titans GO

The last time I saw him was in the build up to Forever Evil, and he was pretty much portrayed as a fucking saint there so no

Not since the New52. Also currently DC is in Rebirth, which is about getting back to more lighthearted, hopeful roots of DC comics and less about dark edgy stuff.

Yes.

He was last in Deathstroke. Rape has not returned to his backstory.

New 52 Dr. Light was a member of the government sponsored Justice League of America.

Honestly think they should replace him.
It's really hard to not think of a character as being a rapist when they've been known as being a rapist for a long time in a mainline continuity.

Every fucking time. Mid 2000s DC was such a joke. This issue was such a fantastic send-up of all the shit writing from that time.

I never understood why they tried to turn that into a gimmick. People who rape just do it, they don't dwell on it as some sort of identity thing like "HAHAHA I'm an EVIL RAPIST and I'm going to rape some girls tonight just to make them feel bad!"

>for a long time

It was less than 10 years

Yes
everything is canon dumbass
you should replace yourself, that's the problem, same with continuity faggots which i bet you're one of. can't move on and get over shit.
you're probably a boomer

Only the good things are canon, not everything

Hypercrisis and all

Wait, is there more of that or is this just edit of a single page?

Because COMICS AREN'T JUST FOR KIDS ANYMORE! We're MATURE, baby!

So what's the deal with the female heroic Dr Light? I see her a lot in old justice league group shots, but I don't think I've read anything with her. What's her relation to Dr Rape? I mean, preNew52, did she really name herself after a villain?

He raped her. She took the name and powers in order to take something from him.

Dr light vs Dr Manhattan

I don't know how they did it but they managed to make something like Billiy Bastions rape/murder funny kudos to the writer

I never liked Dr.Light but I always felt that him being a rapist was edge for the sake of edge.

I'm glad Rebirth got rid of the rape.

of course

What is this?

How have you not read COIE before? Or Suicide Squad where they interact?

Seriously man, these are some of the most recc'd stories.

Prenu52 Female doctor light was created during crisis on infinite earth back when wolfman had the idea of rebooting the justice league with Sup Forums's favorite word, diversity.

Now I have read COIE but I did not know they interacted in Suicide squad, how did those usually played out?

I want to believe that Dr Light just goes around raping heroes.
Like that's just what he does. Just a recurring villain.
Maybe it's like a rite of initiation for members of the Justice League
>You there, the toilets need cleaning
>I'm a hero. Get someone else to do it
>So you get raped yet?
>W-what?
>Raped by Dr Light
>What?
>Raped. By Dr Light. That's what he does. We try to stop him, but you know how it is. Sometimes they manage to run away and fight another day. Or rape, as is the case.
>No! That's insane.
>Then go clean the toilets, newmeat. J'onn was just in there after a cookie bender.

Yes there's more, and it's not an edit.

Kyle Baker's Plastic Man.

Where's this from?

an edit of the last Deathstroke issue

I love the idea that dr light found out he was a rapist and just leaned into it because he knew it was the only memorable thing about him