Are you going to submit anything to 2000 AD this September, Sup Forums?

Are you going to submit anything to 2000 AD this September, Sup Forums?

2000ad.com/submissions/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dax_tnZRExc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only £2.65 a week, I'm not a writer or an artist but I like 2000AD

Bet your ass I will. I sent 'em one last year but I fear it might've gotten lost in the mail, because the first time I sent 'em one they replied without issue. I also have a second script lined up but they only accept one per letter so no dice there.
The good news is that now I have a bunch of Zarjaz strips to send 'em as examples of my writing, plus a bunch of articles on my blog that they themselves have been reblogged before, so I'm gonna shove all that up in the last page and hope for the best.

Nice. Have you sent in any Future Shocks?

Yep. As a writer, Future Shocks are all they accept for starters. Sent 'em one two or three years ago, got a nice letter from Tharg with a short bit of feedback. Wrote a new one and sent it but since my country doesn't call them SAE's I fear the post office didn't quite understand what I needed, so it got lost.
If you want to play with the actual 2000AD stable characters, Zarjaz and Dogbreath are the best place to start. Pic very related.

Cool. I think I'll try to do some brainstorming tomorrow, at least come up with an idea.

>couldn't apply last time cause motel I was at got fumigated to oblivion
>since then have gotten a screen tablet and can make stuff way quicker
>have the unfinished stuff from back then AND new stuff to send

gon b gud, just hope they accept american artists.

Tempted to go to Thought Bubble Leeds and pitch a Future Shock, seems like a better chance of getting accepted than adding to the slushpile.

Go for it. I talked with Simon Fraser back in 2013 and he adviced me to "go big". Blow up Earth, destroy the Universe, enslave the human race, do anything. Just don't try something low-key unless you're doing a Terror Tale or you *really* trust your character writing skills.
Also, Tharg's suggestion on my first script was that each page should lead to the next one, make a reader want to see what happens next. Try to have each page end in a cliffhanger of sorts, moving the plot forward but introducing new ideas on each one.
Finally, take a close look at the example scripts and do your best to mimic their structure. It's not super necessary, but editors in general like writers who know how to stick to a template.

Best of lucks, man! And yeah, they accept american artists.
Have you seen their example Dredd script? Cycle of Violence?

yeah, I actually took a look at all of them and was in the middle of doing pencils for holed up before I had to move. I'm gonna see if I can knock out that dredd script and mmmmaybe either the horror or fantasy pirate scripts.

I also double as a writer and seeing how those scripts were written actually helped out a lot as a learning experience.

>they accept american artists
Tempted but (probably) not ready.

Awesome. Hoping for the best!

If you'd like a place to try out, Zarjaz/Dogbreath are two 2000AD fanzines that accept scripts and art from anyone. It's ad honorem work, but it's a good place to hone yourself, and legend says that the actual 2000AD editorial staff keep an eye out on it for any promising talent. And at any rate, it's a good way to fill your portfolio with sequential work, if you need it.

Thanks, I will defintely give that some thought.

I've got a story I've been kicking around for a while that I think could work as a Future Shock submission, but there's a bit of a problem. The twist depends on a North Korea expy. Because of current events I'm debating whether or not I should change it and risk muddling up the plot, especially the end.

Fuck it, I am going to snd for a spec script. Why not?

This may be redundant to ask, but do they also accept American writers?

Bump

I didn't know they did that.
I'll consider trying.

Maybe I would have contributed if I had an idea

Or skill

Or passion for comics that wasn't ruined by talking to you retards

You need to learn to compartmentalize, friend.

No, but I might next year.

>art
I am confused, do I need to send for a spec script or can I do one of the examples from the download?
Can I do more than one?
I am pretty excited to give this a shot.

>Stops supporting 2000AD/Dredd

That would explain a lot

How do I send them a request for Judge Hershey to sit on my face?

that is fucking amazing

Yep.

You can do one of the examples from the page. I'm not sure if you can do more than one tho'.

With a singing telegram: youtube.com/watch?v=Dax_tnZRExc

>I'm not sure if you can do more than one tho'.
If I remember correctly they prefer you just send one example at a time rather than spamming them with your entire portfolio

Thanks guys. I have on,y read the first Dredd script so far, but I am fairly certain I could do that. I ordered Teguuth collection last night, because after reading about it, I was interested.
I don't think for a second I'll get in, but I am excited to try (like hell) to do so.

Contemplating it. I got lucky a year or two ago when I submitted something to a 2000AD fanzine and it got accepted. I know the format and have a few ideas.

What I've heard is that even if you don't get picked Tharg is really good at giving useful feedback. Genuine constructive criticism from experienced comic pros has to be valuable in it's own right

The feedback I got was super short, like just one sentence, but it was definitely useful. So good stuff.

Fuck me, that pic's a bit wonky. Needs more Loomis.