>Captain Marvel movie takes place in the 90's

>>Captain Marvel movie takes place in the 90's
>>Possibly explain how Fury lost his eye.
>>All supporting cast will likely be younger versions of current characters
>>It's unlikely they will add other names cause they will have to age them up 30 years after whatever ice block Carol falls into.

Anyone think this film could be the MCU's Rogue One? A film that solely exists to show events in the MCU prior to them happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights
thesun.co.uk/news/3851222/kurt-russell-phoenix-lights-ufo-sighting-1997-mystery-pilot/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Boden_and_Ryan_Fleck
youtube.com/watch?v=jtrmWnFAHYE
deadline.com/2017/08/captain-marvel-geneva-robertson-dworet-marvel-disney-brie-larson-anna-boden-ryan-fleck-1202149153/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rogue One was surprisingly good though.

>yfw Coulson and Peggy show up

Well no, because Carol's going to be the new Avengers leader. Jyn got blown up.

I WANT FELICITY JONES TO BE MY WIFE

>Only 28 and already has those wrinkles

Being an actor is some tough shit.

>set in the 90's
>no mention of Carol anywhere in the mcu
how did the world forgot about Captain Marvel?

She smiles a lot.

Carol thread right.

She was off genociding skrulls

She's going to insist on thorough examinations of the female Avengers when she gets back. They might be the empress after all.

I thought that, but after watching it with people who don't know Star Wars as deep...its pretty flimsy. Especially the stuff on the rain planet that was filler.

>Carol has a evil side called the Void within her.
>She basically the MCU's version of the Sentry.

I'm expecting those, and...
>>Tony Stark cameo of him still being a jerk.
>>Banner doing Gamma Studies
>>Ronan cameo (This would be the one I'd enjoy the most. Fleshing out a villain we already saw)

Maybe. If the movie audience is an unreceptive to Carol as comic readers have been to her, then I can see them putting their efforts somewhere else.

I bet you Carol falls into a black hole and comes out in the present.

Also, Smashing Pumpkins and Third Eye Blind for the soundtrack.

It was a shit film

That's actually a good idea though since unlike Rogue One seeing a previous period of this huge cinematic universe would be interesting to see how it effects the current events rather than just going over one story we already know the outcome of 40 years ago and the entire cast dies during to try and trigger nostalgia for no reason.

>>Austin Powers was frozen in the 60's and woke up in the 90's

>>Carol Danvers will somehow jump from the 90's to 2019
>>Roughly 30 years

This makes me feel uncomfortable...

Also brings up a very strange question, like how Cap's list of things he missed in Winter Soldier was all that stuff in that huge gap, what could be definitive stuff between the 90's and now that aren't the superhero craze because that would be cause meta universe problems.

Oh my god you shitlord, stop gay-erasing Carol! KREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They are just friends.

No. It absolutely wasn't.

Yaas Burger Queen.

Great third act. Boring beginning and pointless middle.

Hm.....you might be onto something

>takes place in the 90's

Christ, she's gonna wear flannel shirts and listen to Smells Like Teen Spirit on her Walkman mixtape while she watches Pulp Fiction on VHS isn't she?

I'm really not ready to be the age where Hollywood soullessly panders to my generation's sense of fake corporate produced nostalgia

I miss the old Warbird costume.

The armored one? I liked that too.

>A film that solely exists to show events in the MCU prior to them happening?

what exactly does that mean? it sounds kind of of like the concept of a prequel.

the events don't happen in real life so they're not going to show what something will look like in the future of our real world.

>>It's unlikely they will add other names cause they will have to age them up 30 years after whatever ice block Carol falls into.
not if they put them in lots of weird colored makeup. they could even cast a young person them in old age makeup in the movie briefly and have them appear in a movie set in an earlier time.

In Captain America: Civil War when Tony is at Peter Parker's apartment, Peter says that a video of Spider-Man is fake.

Tony says
"Oh you mean like those UFOs over Phoenix?"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights

>The Phoenix Lights was a mass UFO sighting which occurred in Phoenix, Arizona, and Sonora, Mexico on Thursday, March 13, 1997.
>Lights of varying descriptions were reported by thousands of people[2] between 19:30 and 22:30 MST, in a space of about 300 miles (480 km), from the Nevada line, through Phoenix, to the edge of Tucson.[citation needed]
>There were allegedly two distinct events involved in the incident: a triangular formation of lights seen to pass over the state, and a series of stationary lights seen in the Phoenix area. The United States Air Force later identified the second group of lights as flares dropped by A-10 Warthog aircraft that were on training exercises at the Barry Goldwater Range in southwest Arizona.

So that's might be 1997 to 201_ for when Captain Marvel might have come back to Earth. That's a decent amount of time for when things might happen. You might have Captain Marvel, Ravagers, Asgardians, and others interacting with each other in space.

thesun.co.uk/news/3851222/kurt-russell-phoenix-lights-ufo-sighting-1997-mystery-pilot/
And 66-year-old Kurt says he was one of the anonymous pilots – flying with stepson Oliver – who offered testimony on the sightings.

He said: “I was the pilot. [I] saw six lights over the airport in absolute uniform in a V-shape.
“I was just looking at them and I was coming in, we were maybe a half mile out.
“I kind of came out of my reverie and I said, ‘I don’t know what they are.’ [Oliver] said, ‘Are we okay here?’

The US Air Force has since claimed that one of the groups of lights was a squadron of A-10 Warthog jets flying in formation. Russell says he only realised when his reports to authorities was included on a UFO show he was watching with wife

My African American Bretheren

>Nitro is known by comic fans for playing a part in the death of the Kree superhero Mar-Vell. He is also best known for being part of the Stamford, Connecticut tragedy that started off Marvel's Civil War crossover.

post-Avengers 3 and/or 4:

Captain Marvel: new Hulk/new Bucky
Wasp: new War Machine/new Black Widow if Sony lets Marvel put Spidey in many movies
Black Panther: new Thor
Bucky: new Captain America
Falcon: Falcon
Ant-Man: new Iron Man/new Hawkeye if Sony lets Marvel put Spidey in many movies
Spider-Man: new Hawkeye (uses webs instead of arrows)/new Iron Man if Sony lets Marvel put him in many movies

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Boden_and_Ryan_Fleck

Half Nelson is a 2006 American drama film directed by Ryan Fleck, written by Fleck and Anna Boden. The film stars Ryan Gosling, Shareeka Epps and Anthony Mackie.

The story concerns an inner city middle-school teacher who forms a friendship with one of his students after she discovers that he has a drug habit. The film is based on a 19-minute film made by Boden and Fleck in 2004

Sugar is a 2008 sports drama film directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck. It follows the story of Miguel Santos, a. k. a. Sugar (Algenis Perez Soto), a Dominican pitcher from San Pedro de Macorís, struggling to make it to the big leagues and pull himself and his family out of poverty

It's Kind of a Funny Story is a 2010 comedy-drama film written and directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck. After contemplating suicide by jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge, 16-year-old Craig Gilner decides to go to the hospital to seek help.

Mississippi Grind is a 2015 American drama film Convinced that his newfound friend (Ryan Reynolds) is a good-luck charm, a gambling addict (Ben Mendelsohn) takes the man on a road trip to a high-stakes poker game in New Orleans.

In Treatment is an American HBO drama, produced and developed by Rodrigo Garcia, about a psychologist,[1] 50-something Dr. Paul Weston, and his weekly sessions with patients

The Big C is an American television series. The show follows, in Minneapolis, Westhill High School teacher Cathy Jamison – a reserved, suburban wife and mother – who is diagnosed with melanoma.

It was fucking superb.

I liked it too. Deserved every penny it made

She's not on earth

So, who are Skrull in this current MCU?

she never came back

so...this is their way to make her "re appear" as greatest superhero ever when she comes back from some black hole/time travel shenanigan to combat Thanos.
She will stole Cap Thunder of "time displaced" and "inspirational hero from the past".

Is there a carol reading list

The 90s setting fucks the whole timeline up but there is that mention of a "female with an electronic implant to control schizophrenia" in Doctor Strange

Also early in Carol's career as she blacks and fights crime without knowing it, and Ms. Marvel is like a separate persona to her

>Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel(1-50)
>Kelly Sue DeConnick's first volume (1-17) on the character.

Those will get you started. There's not a whole lot of of great solo stuff for Carol.

>Bonus points for Dennis Hopeless' Spider-Woman v1 and v2

Hank Pym, Clint, Tony Stark, Nick Fury, basically everybody who inexplicably came out of retirement/hiding

Basically anything by Claremont, Busiek, Reed and maybe Fazekas/Butters, Gage and DeConnick (just the first volume, though).

I'm sure there's a chart for this somewhere.

No one is "just friends" with Carol.

At least her hair is long and her body is feminine

Carol will be the skrull when she meets the avengers

She's the new Thor.

>reminder that her physique is shit
>reminder that guys have to lift to get in shape
>reminder that she look like a fucking twig, has no calves, quads, hammies or glutes to even resemble ms marvel

fuck this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=jtrmWnFAHYE

tfw I thought she was sexy af back then

she needs to fucking squat and overhead press. all these super heroines look riculous, kind of like dan deehan or whatever the fuck looked in valerian.

its just not believable at all.

>what could be definitive stuff between the 90's and now that aren't the superhero craze because that would be cause meta universe problems.

Well, she'd probably have not as much difficulty in adjusting as Cap did. Apart from certain cultural differences (which even then aren't that big considering PC shit had it's first big wave then) the only things she'd have to get use to is the surge of portable devices and Internet. Both of which existed back then, but are just more common place now.

Personally, I hope for when she shows up in Avengers 4, we'll get some interesting interaction between her and War Machine, since they're both Air Force and he's a higher rank.

Setting her story in the 90s is an easy shorthand way to make her the "elder statesman" of the superhero community despite our never having seen her or heard of her before. I've no doubt that Disney will take this route.

Its kinda weird that we've repeatedly heard that it was Tony, Cap, and Thor's entrance that started all the metahuman shenanigans, if Carol was active in the 90s you'd think such comments wouldnt be made. So I'm guessing Carol keeps a fairly low profile in the 90s, the intelligence community knows of her but the public is (largely) unaware of a new meta flying around before heading off into space.

It offers an interesting twist, she comes back, everyone looks at the Trinity (and especially Tony) as the meta-leaders, she has saved the world and possibly the universe but nobody on earth knows who she is. They could have alot of fun poking at this sore spot, a bit of a meta-narrative on the comic push to make her more prominent that never seems to stick.

I'm assuming movie Carol doesnt age or ages very slowly if she was active in the 90s and shows up in 2018 looking like she is a girl in her mid-20s?

You know, you KNOW, they'll have the CGI de-aged RDJr hooking up with Carol.

People like the generic Warbird armor?

People like this particular version of the Warbird armor, which was even more painfully generic?

Wow. Diff'rent strokes, I know, but wow.

Bunnies are naturally small, user. Brie probably put Bunnyfu in a cage.

There's a great fic that could be written about that.

I'm sure Carol has the tools to examine, Natasha, Wanda, Hope, Sharon, Maria, etc.

My money is on Maria Hill. Important enough for it to be a big reveal, unimportant enough for people not to kick off

Felicity Jones is pretty hot

And then spills her spaghetti when one of them does turn out to be a superhot Skrull?

Felicity is a Qt.

The fuck is this choppy bullshit?

My money is that she's trapped inside a star.

Kree take her back to Hala at the end to experiment on her.

I'd like to see her and Pym bond over their old stories.

deadline.com/2017/08/captain-marvel-geneva-robertson-dworet-marvel-disney-brie-larson-anna-boden-ryan-fleck-1202149153/amp/

They certainly are piling up reasons to watch this film, or at least the reasons they think will get people to watch this film

Who is this director and why is she directing the fucking ROM and D&D movies

Writer.

Agreed. It's the only Star Wars movie that wasn't boring and pointlessly dramatic. Before this, the only interesting things about the Star Wars franchise were lightsabers and Darth Vader.

boring as fuck.

>Nick Fury

Not him, you don't read Secret Invasion?
I'm just wondering what the normies will think when they see a possible dead hero in Infinite Wars and then the body becoming a Skrull corpse

looked trashy. they made the right choice in trashing it for a more practical one that gives a shout out to mar vell

Holy shit user, we have no idea what work she's doing for the movie. When she did Kong she got fit just because she realized she had to do a lot of filming in the jungle, so maybe she's based enough to hit the gym for Marvel.

BINARY

>Captain Marvel movie takes place in the 90's
So they're either doing this to cash in on 90s kids nostalgia faggotry or to allow Carol to effortlessly come onto the MCU scene and be the senior most hero in the absence of Captain America because YAS QUEEN

Sharon. Peggy doesn't really have a niece. She's just Alzheimersed in.