JSA Storytime: Mr. X

Good evening owls,

more Condemned

Other urls found in this thread:

syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-reveal-vertigo-launches-sci-fihorror-title-imaginary-fiends-by-tim-seeley
dropbox.com/sh/6ps0808vm23betc/AACGOlvtPpiA5bCczKIUG_g5a?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hello, Storyteller.

So, apparently, the "metalhumans" thing was just the appetizer. Snyder's only just getting started with the stupid shit.

A Justice League Megazord. For fucks sake.

I'm sleepy like Somnopolis

Like, I don't get why he couldn't just go full in on the whole War World Fight idea.

It stands on its own!

Devin Grayson is writing the Power Pack oneshot. I'm curious how the reception to that will be considering her infamous reputation, lol. And if marvel will give her another book.

Also
>Deathstroke #21 (DC) - 24,956 [86]
pls stay there

This event is gonna be so sad

Everything I hear about this just seems uninteresting.

the good shit continues
AND
IT
DONT
STOP

I guess I'm gonna be the only one of us who really likes this event

no sleep 'till Radiant City

not him but if it makes you feel better I just think meta(l)humans is dumb but I don't care enough about Snyder to bother reading it

OP, bendover. I have to thrust or this doesn't work.

lol

I can agree on the meta(l)humans but everything else is just dumb enough to work for me.

Kill yourself

No way, Dave. This has to be an epic, game changing blockbuster that will change the DCU forever!

See, this is why I hate how the word 'fun' is thrown around all the fucking to justify bullshit. If Metal were just a fun romp as Snyder initially claimed, it probably would just be a bunch of gladiator matches on War World. That would be fine, and hell I'd probably be all for the Justice League Megazord because COMIC BOOKS. But no, Snyder just had to make this "important" and "epic", asking us to take this absurdity seriously. Well no, fuck you, pick a tone and stick with it.

robomurder!

Completely agreed.

And hell, gladiator matches on Warworld with some other conceits thrown in? That's crazy enough.

But all of the grandiose stuff it is doing is...well, really safe. The new safe.

Call me shallow, but I am now more interested in the event because of the leaked pages (then DC actually giving the pages to the WashingtonPost as a "fuck it" moment).

I really want to see where this is going now.

Fine

>Rene the Cranium

no spoil plz

>I really want to see where this is going now.
Here's a spoiler: nowhere interesting

so what should we read next?

>EXCLUSIVE REVEAL: VERTIGO LAUNCHES SCI-FI/HORROR TITLE IMAGINARY FIENDS BY TIM SEELEY

>The bogeyman is more than a figment of a child's imagination in Vertigo Comics' new title Imaginary Fiends. Instead, it's a real creature from another realm that nudges the impressionable to do bad things for them. And there's more than one of these creatures. A lot more.

>Debuting November 15, and exclusively revealed at SYFY WIRE, the six-part sci-fi/horror book from the adult-oriented DC Comics imprint is written by Tim Seeley (co-creator of Hack/Slash, Nightwing) and features art by Stephen Molnar (Star Trek).

>The story kicks off with a ripped-from-the-headlines premise of a young girl found covered in blood in woods by a small town. Her best friend, Melba, has just tried to murder her, pushed to commit the act by a spider girl with the appropriately creepy name of "Polly Peachpit." Seven years later, Melba is about to be transferred from a psychiatric facility to federal prison when Agent Crockett arrives. He knows Polly Peachpit is real, and but one of many spectral parasites from another dimension that seek to gain access to our world. By convincing compliant humans to commit acts for them, the parasitic aliens become stronger, all while remaining invisible to all but their hosts.

syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-reveal-vertigo-launches-sci-fihorror-title-imaginary-fiends-by-tim-seeley

Sounds familiar but interesting for a mini.

Paradax/Zenith

Long or short?

That robot is a fully deputized officer of the law, and is fulfilling its duty in protecting a witness.

Hey, you're not wrong. There's certainly an element of morbid curiosity at play here. Like, just how insanely stupid will this thing get?

Ooh, the second Mage issue is out this week.

might be alright

Maybe it'll sell at least 6k by issue 3

short

yessssss

Has she ever worked for Marvel?

I was reading about Steve Gerber last night and thought maybe we could do something of his?

Omega the Unknown, Destroyer Duck, or Stewart the Rat.

I'm still gonna pull for Nu52 Amethyst.

Then again, we never got around to reading the LoSH/Star Trek crossover.

>Omega the Unknown
This right here, we could even read Vols 1 and 2

She did a Dr Strange book I think

And some Ghost Rider and Black Widow

Yeah she wrote a meh Blonde Widow, a really terrible Ghost Rider mini, and forgettable X-Men Evolution tie-in comics.

Omega the Unknown is on the mediafire and 12 issues

that sounds rad

Trying to stay clear of Metal spoilers but a Justice League Megazord is amazing

Yesss, do it.

it's recolored digital but it's clean and bright, at least?

I have original scans if we'd prefer that.

>“Hal Jordan yearns for the thrill of discovery, but the days when astronaut and adventure were synonymous are long past. His gig prospecting asteroids for Ferris Galactic is less than fulfilling — but least he’s not on Earth, where technology and culture have stagnated. He might be a nobody, but he’s in space.

>When Jordan finds a powerful ring, he also finds a destiny to live up to. There are worlds beyond his own, unlike anything he ever imagined. But revelation comes with a price: the Green Lantern Corps has fallen, long since murdered by ruthless killing machines known as Manhunters. The odds against reinstating the Corps are nearly impossible … but doing the impossible is exactly what an astronaut like Hal Jordan was trained to do.

>From creator Gabriel Hardman, the critically acclaimed author of INVISIBLE REPUBLIC, comes a soaring new epic original graphic novel in the tradition of the best-selling WONDER WOMAN: EARTH ONE VOL. 1 by Grant Morrison and BATMAN: EARTH ONE VOL. 1 by Geoff Johns! GREEN LANTERN: EARTH ONE VOL. 1 is a radical look at the Lantern mythology and a great entry point for new readers.”

Thoughts of GLEO?

Sounds interesting.
He sounds bold.

That's all you need.

Now shit gets real

okay vote: original scans or digital for OtU?

I wonder in how many universes R.U.R. actually exists in.

>Ripped from the headlines
Do they mean the Slender Man murder from 3 years ago, or is there something more recent I don't know about?

I'm looking forward to it a lot, I like what I'm hearing and the creative team is pretty solid

Probably gonna be the best GL thing in ages which is a low bar but I'm desperate

Sounds a bit odd but interesting. Which is what Earth One is all about.

What a helpful robot

That Slenderman thing had its documentary come out late last year right?

I say that the time frame is still okay enough.

Keep crying faggot.

>Ferris Galactic
Huh. Y'know, I always want Carol to build spaceships. Wish kinda granted, I guess. Still feel like that should be a storyline in the mainline book, but whatever.

>Still feel like that should be a storyline in the mainline book
it SHOULD be but that would require a writer giving a shit about Carol

That would require acknowledging Carol has any life outside of dating Lanterns.

:(

Shut the fuck up, Snyder.

It's weird that the room doesn't have any furniture or anything in the fourth panel. It just seems a bit empty.

don't worry satan, Venditti is gonna do better this time!

Either is fine with me.

>Metal and Godhead

What a weird, despicable, combo

>seething this much
Absolutely hilarious, based Snyder working all the faggots.

Here's the link to Omega if we decide to go with the scans:
dropbox.com/sh/6ps0808vm23betc/AACGOlvtPpiA5bCczKIUG_g5a?dl=0

Warning: Omega was famously cancelled without a conclusion. Gerber promised to finish the story in Defenders but quit before he ever got to it.

It's like DC is trying to punish me

oh shit, I missed that I got the Satan get

can I use my temporary Satanic powers to hope for better for Carol?

You deserve to be if you're still reading capeshit in this day and age.

I like that it's actually different instead of what Batman and Superman and Teen Titans are.

>can I use my temporary Satanic powers to hope for better for Carol?
please do

Yeah, although Batman is a good Burton-y riff.

Yes, and you WILL end with a better Carol. Carol Danvers that is

It'll be shit with his tier art, like the rest of Earth One books (besides Superman, it didn't even have great art).

It's especially a damn shame, since a number of the classical cape love interests have made something of a comeback. Steve has been fairly prominent and even got his own oneshot, Lois has returned to the Daily Planet and fought a villain using a fucking mech suit, and Mera is arguably starting to eclipse her husband in popularity and now she's a temporary Leaguer.

Carol though? She keeps getting passed around like a piece of fuckmeat.

>Wonder Woman Earth One
>bad art

I was really bored by it.

>hope for better for Carol
Why? She's the worst lanternfu and cucked Hal.

I don't know what I typed there, I meant WW and Batman had great art and garbage writing, TT vol 1 also had pretty good art. This will be same.

I can see that.
I feel like the first was pretty weak outside of a few moments, but the second has more of a grasp of its own sense of personality.

You have Bruce trying harder to not be complete shit, and it feeds into his characterization well.

I have always felt that Mera benefit far from from Johns GL than Carol did

I don't know why Carol just can't catch a break like a lot of other love interests have

Venditti and Justin Jordan totally fucking her over didn't help at all and you'd think Johns using her in GL for years would have counted for something but nope

I don't blame her for the godawful Kyle relationship because there's a long string of women being written like poop in order to hook up with Kyle

>he gives a shit about Hal
literally LMAOing @ ur life

In the end, while he lost the plot after the reboot caught up with him, Johns was very smart in going "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED"

Is Kyle good for literally anything?

we're totally reading original scans for OtU because they have ads fuck yeah

>TT vol 1 also had pretty good art.
no it didnt