First volume of Hawkeye

>first volume of Hawkeye
>Kate is pretty decent and a nice foil to Clint
>second volume of Hawkeye
>is a huge cunt over petty shit and blames Clint for everything and takes his dog

What the fuck happened?

Is that Lemire's run?

Because Lemire was probably trying too hard to emulate what people liked about Fraction's run.

Not OP but both volumes were written by Fraction I'm pretty sure

Matt Fraction has an obsession with super incompetent men and hyper confident women.

An artist that thinks with their dick can create both wonders and horrors beyond compare.

I liked Fraction's run of Hawkeye and I liked Kate as a side character. I hated having to read through Kate being in LA. Is there a current run I should be reading?

Kate in LA was the reason I dropped that run like a brick.

See I never got this complaint concerning Hawkeye. Yeah he messed up at times but he still got the job done, it just wasn't super flashy and flawless. But every character needed to remind him of how useless he was when he was trying to realistically deal with shit the best he could.

It was painful to get through, but I like the run overall. Kate be damnned.

I guess I had personal flashes, like whenever Kate just went "Oh Clint' when she sees his busted car or something, and it just reminds me how my sister just pulls that same shit on me even when I'm not doing anything wrong.

>that story about the Russians threatening to hurt the people his apartment building if he doesn't leave
>considers leaving
>all the women in the comic have varying degrees of "WOW YOU USELESS FUCK-UP WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT" responses yet don't bother to help at all
>we never see him confront the Russians after getting shit on and the run just ends with Kate going to LA with Pizza

This run had so much potential and then it just got fucked I really want to know why

>Clint and Pizza Dog Adventures never ever

What?

user, we do get to see him confront the Russians. The run didn't end with Kate.leaving: she came back.

Same. It was such a fucking slog, I just couldn't do it anymore. It felt like it lasted forever, too.

>all the women in the comic have varying degrees of "WOW YOU USELESS FUCK-UP WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT" responses yet don't bother to help at all
This is the part I hate. They constantly just shit on him, then wonder why he doesn't ask for any help. Gee I wonder why the guy you're constantly shitting on doesn't want to ask you for help when things don't go his way.

Also they did finish it up user.

Man thats bad. I've read old golden age comics that sound more natural.

God that's fucking terrible, even compared to Kate in LA that's terrible. Is there anything that America doesn't make worse right now?

Reading this reminds me of that old Lewis Black joke about John Kerry.

>I started listening to him speak and thought "Fuck, I don't have enough breadcrumbs to get home!"

Seems about accurate.

You're confused. Fraction's run had the alternating issues with Kate in LA, coming back at the end of the series to stop the tracksuit gangster

All New Hawkeye by Lemire had Kate be a huge cunt who blamed Clint for the Project Communion stuff and had stupid flashforwards to a future where America Chavez was Captain America

Occupy Avengers by David Walker, despite the title, is about Clint dealing with the fallout of killing Banner in CWII by traveling around the Western US with Red Wolf and helping "underprivileged" communities.

Hawkeye by Kelly Thompson is about Kate being a Single Female Private Eye in LA having quirky college millennial adventures like tracking down a cyberstalker and dealing with daddy issues

Your choice which one of those sounds more appealing.

>Occupy Avengers by David Walker, despite the title, is about Clint dealing with the fallout of killing Banner in CWII by traveling around the Western US with Red Wolf and helping "underprivileged" communities.

Isn't that the one where Walker said it wasn't going to be [hero wanders into backwater town and saves the day without actually addressing anything even resembling real world issues or concerns], and then it was exactly that?

>Hawkeye by Kelly Thompson is about Kate being a Single Female Private Eye in LA having quirky college millennial adventures like tracking down a cyberstalker and dealing with daddy issues

Honestly that's a solid concept, though of course a main villain should be causing everything in the background.

Just you know the modern Marvel execution means it's probably bad.

>main villain

They've been trying really hard to make Madame Masque Kate's arch-nemesis the past few years.

That Kate one sounds pretty terrible. It's like Kate in LA, but worse.

Poor Whitney has had a hard decade

Hawkeye would be better if they were both fucking. There's not enough teen girl/30s man pairings in comix

The second volume of X-Men Legacy had a guy well into his twenties at least hooking up with a teenager.

Legion was chronologically about the same age as the New Mutants who are apparently only like 21

But with all of the time travelling he's done there's no guarantee that he actually was in his 20s

Every time I read that last panel, I can't not read it as "boyfriend-free-girlfriend".
It's written like a CWC comic, too.