WHY DOES THIS SHIT HAVE 14 FUCKING FILMS, WHEN ONLY THE FIRST ONE WAS GREAT?!

WHY DOES THIS SHIT HAVE 14 FUCKING FILMS, WHEN ONLY THE FIRST ONE WAS GREAT?!

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/94547739/#94555617
youtube.com/watch?v=SsjJ1WWrV20
lostmediawiki.com/The_Land_Before_Time_(Lost_Deleted_Scenes_Of_Animated_Movie;_1988)
youtube.com/watch?v=Jkb9QbNkZE4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because dinos print money.

Wasn't the second one at least decent?

I never got the hype for the first one and I'm pretty sure I saw it in theaters even.

They're direct to video sequels and they basically have the talking/singing dinosaur cartoon market cornered. They probably get a better return on each sequel than the artsy original ever made

I'd say they were honestly decent up to Secret of Saurus Rock

After that it all lost me

Kids like dinosaurs and cartoons.

As a kid I preferred the "comfier" sequels, but rewatching years later the first one is really a masterpiece, very palatable as an adult. Complex, detailed animation that flows very smoothly set to rich backdrops and a very atmospheric soundtrack.

A shame so many of the "scary" scenes were trimmed after the first public viewing and lost to time

Actually the third film was the only good one.

Corporations are going to keep making the most money-printing material until the masses stop buying it. It just seems there's a niche demographic for LBT sequels.

>Ever using comfy as a buzzword

That's a good question. The answer is kids are dumb, their parents are dumber, and MONEY. Oh and there are even braindead shit taste sub-retards that grew up with that garbage and have tragically convinced themselves that any of the sequels have merit when they most certainly do not. Pity them for they are well and truly lost.

No. I was able to figure that out when I was like nine. Even nostalgia isn't a good excuse so long as one saw the original first and had a basis for comparison.

I was a kid and I fucking loved dinosaurs. There are many, many other kids then and now who are the same. And there are many parents willing to buy anything with a dinosaur on it for those kids. That's why.

i have a question.
If you had creative control over the next movie, what would you do and what would the movie be about?
just sharing ideas.

Yep yep *bang*

Kids like looking at dinosaurs.

Ow, the edge.

Why man

>dinos print money.
The Good Dinosaur clearly disagrees.

If you wanted this pic, you should have just said so, user. You don't have to play coy with me.

A lot of people who grew up on this never let go and ended up being DeviantAutists it seems
>see: some dude named ChimpmunkRaccoonOz

we are really working our way to the bottom of the barrel here.

Please user, think about what you're doing

shadman is that you?

>Lin Manuel

Yeeesh. I'll never get over how unattractive he is. At least he's a talented song writer.

Go fuck yourself.

I died a little inside right now

>he wasn't there for the thread

>A shame so many of the "scary" scenes were trimmed after the first public viewing and lost to time

Fucking bullshit is what it is. When I was a kid literally all I wanted from it was more Sharptoorth.

Two words. Cha. Ching.

Little kids love colorful little baby dinosaurs who sing and that makes it a license to print money.

>A shame so many of the "scary" scenes were trimmed after the first public viewing and lost to time
I did not know about this.
This makes me sad.

Creative comtrol or complete creative control?

How much money could there possibly be if the sequels were all direct to vid/dvd and had virtually no buzz or marketing?

desuarchive.org/co/thread/94547739/#94555617

>Some days, I wonder if I ever left Sup Forums at all.
>user, 11th of August of 2017
these are some deep words

I know the original request was sucking rather then licking but this is probably even better

youtube.com/watch?v=SsjJ1WWrV20
You know, for a cheap direct-to-DVD sequel that bastardizes the spirit of the original, tones a lot of things down and makes it a musical, you gotta admite the effort they put into the villain song. They actually bothered to write creative lyrics instead of 2 minutes of egg puns + the actors are killing it. This song is better than it has any right to be.

Fourteen?
FOURTEEN?!

Fuck off.

The films were great up to The Land Before Time VIII: The Big Freeze

After that film they went to shit.

The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers was okay but it felt like it had too much shit going on. Like two movies in one. It should have been split and both stories lengthened.

>Eggs-cuse me, Ozzy

IT PRINTS MONEY

I will never get over how damn much enthusiasm the singer puts into that song.

If he wanted eggs so badly why not knock up a bitch and eat the eggs

What does the president of China have to do with this?

nobody cares you fucking antisocial

>inb4 then why u reply lol

If you didn't care why did you reply

sure thing, pal.

>admite

your annoyinh

>sucking rather then licking

*sucking rather than licking

What all was cut? I always thought the VHS copy I owned had some intense scenes.

And a television cartoon!!

The same reason Alpha & Omega has six movies when none of them were good.

He was cute on Sesame Street.

Eat all the eggs

But they don't have any dinosaurs.

>the original movie
kek

>Have to add that to the title to differentiate it from the sequels

either or

Weren't they originally supposed to die in the volcano and the great valley was supposed to be like the afterlife?

Furries?

That shit has six movies? When the fuck did that happen?

I didn't even realize it was popular enough for that since it looks so low budget

They make money.

That's always the reason.

They want to see how long they can go before they get to the mass extinction event.

they could have them grow up and littlefoot could be seen taking care of his own child, and we'll all be worried if he'll die like his mother.

But in the end they all die.

first one left a hole in my heart. Then I was happy when as a kid watching some sequels with them being relatively happier. Also some sweet dinosaur fights.

Why do they use the exact same vector for one of the characters on every cover while they seitch it up with the rest of them.

*switch it up

>They make money.
They do?

No, that was just a rumor.

lostmediawiki.com/The_Land_Before_Time_(Lost_Deleted_Scenes_Of_Animated_Movie;_1988)

I never watched the first one, so I have no opinion on it. But I remember that CN helped me cultivate a hatred for this series when I was a kid because it was the only thing they would show in the movie block. It's one of those cases where you start to dislike something you were indifferent about because of how much it gets forced on you.

The original is dark and charming, most people like it.
I don't know how it fucking works but it does.

I beg to differ

Meant to reply to

>that Tyranno
I threw up.

That was me with finding nemo but it ws primary school rather then a network.

I remember enjoying the sequels up to and including The Stone of Cold Fire.

>direct-to-DVD
>DVD
Try again, summerchild.

My personal favorite movie after the first one is the fourth. Something about Littlefoot's girlfriend, seeking a way to cure his dying grandpa, and the misty setting of the mysterious beyond made the movie very enjoyable for me.
Have a possible Land Before Time Character made by ISIS, I imagine Tony Jay would voice him.

Cocaine is a helluva drug..

Why is that bitch looking at the male dog while everybody else is looking somewhat forward? Is she after his dick or something?

>Tony Jay
I'm sorry user, but that's going to be hard for him to do

This show is perverted as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=Jkb9QbNkZE4

Boner stop

>Have a possible Land Before Time Character made by ISIS
Calling that an ISIS character is pretty misleading. The signature means just that the pic was drawn by a deviantArt person called IsisMasshiro.

Looks like she's at at the top of it.

What I thought was interesting was the movie where Littlefoot finally found his dad who was acting like a deadbeat and had adopted another son who was jealous of Littlefoot.

Wrong thread, fucker.

I remember this fucking song. Watching this was a delight.
>Egggggs

Also
>dat pinky voice

Six? I remember discussing this here on Sup Forums less than six years ago when the first one came out. What the hell.

That's not true, there aren't six Alpha & Omega movies.
There are actually eight of them.

>There are actually eight of them.
Jesus Christ.

>Lucas/Spielberg

wtf

>1988

In their primes?!?! wft

it just has to make money, not be good

>these even happened
I only ever BRIEFLY knew about the first movie, and that was because of a commercial that may as well have only aired 10 times. It couldn't have been that much of a success to warrant all these
sequels