Will he ever make another appearance?

Or is he doomed to to fall into obscurity and become wasted potential. I got a little excited during the new episode, for a split second I thought he was going to be the villain.

Other urls found in this thread:

geek.com/tech/what-is-rick-and-mortys-infamous-secret-plot-1655488/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>rick and morty
>continuity

hell make a cameo in the series finale

>Will he ever make another appearance?
How can you be so sure he hasn't already made a second appearance?

He's part of the background arc that supposed to tie in all the episodes, some story about whatever. Apparently they give a hint about it in every episode in some way but fuck if I know what it is.

he is silently building his Rick Defeating Army which consist of Tammy and now Supernova.

Stop stroking our collective cocks and give us the narrative moneyshot already, Roiland. It's been two seasons already.

He is Rick's Original Morty. Rick doesn't know because universe hoping and drinking.The Rick we follow is THE RICK that invented the portal gun. Starting the suffering of all Mortys.

Despite being that sort of character the obnoxious fandom clamors for and puts in every fanfic I actually really fucking want Evil Morty to come back now. Rick really needs to get his ass kicked and along with Tammy he's the only character who might reasonably be able to go toe to toe with Rick. It would make more sense then introducing new characters at this point and flow naturally.

Dan harmon and Justin Roland have already said they talked about Evil Morty's return longer than entire seasons

holy shit this, i want to see rick get the shit beaten out of him badly. seeing the ghost train guy grab him by the next gave a glimmer of hope before the "lol my skin zap u because science" bullshit
what if theyre building up rick to be seemingly undefeatable so the payoff of something like this happening is even bigger?

What if this season is evil morty's orgin story and that's the reason theres a huge focus on Rick being a dick and everyone wising up to it.

Probably not though.

Tammy got the drop on Rick and had the backing of an armada and Rick was still able to hand the Federation their asses. I'd still be down to see her team up with Evil Morty and Supernova as suggested, I just don't know if I'd consider her nemesis level. They're both good but they'd need a little help to pose a genuine threat.

Seriously?

> Wanting a fan influenced episode so that you can be assblasted when the story doesn't conform to how your headcannon wanted it to
He had his run. Let it be. It's like asking for ppg and samurai Jack to get more seasons after they ended

Sauce?

Fuck gimmie a second

Gonna need some sauce on that user.

How old is Jessica again?

its a drawing, user
but judging from the massive hips/tits in that particular art, she's certainly legal

>DH: We haven’t talked about this in a while, but before we wrote the first episode of Rick And Morty, we had a conversation where, I think it was Mike McMahan who said, “Should we decide that there is a secret we keep from the audience forever?” But we always know it.” I won’t say what. We said, “Oh, what about this?” And we went, “Yeah, that’s really cool.” I was kind of obsessed with it for a while. But I think what’s really interesting about this new golden age of TV is that [Snaps fingers.] halfway through the first season, somebody made a Reddit post where they threw out the theory, which was exactly what we had talked about, basically. It was like, “Oh, thank God we didn’t really do anything with it.” JR: We were operating with that thought, though. We were writing season one with that thought in our heads that it could be the case.

Awww.
They may have cancelled it they may have not. We won't know for a while.

geek.com/tech/what-is-rick-and-mortys-infamous-secret-plot-1655488/

>"Oh thank God we didn't really do anything with it."
Half the point of theories is to see whether they're right or not so why would it matter

That's what I mean. Tammy has potential because she flew under the radar for so long and got the drop, but she's not really at Rick's level yet. Evil Morty, meanwhile, no one ever caught onto, from what I can remember. As a team, they've got a shot at being an actual threat, which we need. Rick's stagnating and it would be nice to see him actually legitimately challenged by something.

>Evil Morty shows he's still a Morty at heart by awkwardly flirting with Tammy when they're not making their master plan

He'll be remembered alongside Bipper and Monster Arm as "Things that were only in one episode years ago, but that the fandom won't shut up about."

They're building a legion of doom to go against rick

>Tammy
>Phoenix Person
>Supernova
>Evil Morty

I'd like to see the guy from the Microverse involved as well.

While it would have made no sense for him to show up again per se the concept of Bipper showed up again two more times, with possessed Ford in the arc backstory and of course the big moment with Blendin in the finale, so he was relevant again (and I mean he was just Bill possessing someone). Time will tell if Evil Morty is, too.

He has nothing to do with beth or summer so he has been removed from the plot sweetie :)

Why is he called Evil Morty?

Nope. The guys higher up are already "influencing" writing and turning Rick into le invincible science guy to pander to the Big Bang theory audience.

You forgot to sip your tea.

>beth or summer
>Taking over the plot
Nigga, Jerry is by an far the most overused character in Rick and Morty. More then half of all the b-plots in the wholes show existence was about him.

Consider the fact that despite leaving the house the next episode is literally about "Rick and Jerry".

If the school of Mortys thing is an actual episode he'll probably pop back up in it

>Big Bang Theory audience
Everyone I know who likes that show is just kind of a normal, boring person. They might think it's smarter than it is, but it isn't some status symbol for them. The older (40+) just like that it's a sitcom, while people in their 20s seem way more interested in Sheldon's autism than le science jokes. It's garbage, but it isn't garbage for pseudo-intellectual neckbeards.

R&M, though, has definitely catered to them. First off, these types hate BBT for "being a smart show for stupid people" and jerk off about how R&M is a "smart show for smart people". These faggot think BBT is nerd blackface and worship Rick, but not in a religious way because God is a lie.

The neckbeards who wrongly identify with Rick are no better than fat chicks who idolize Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad version).

As opposed to the losers that identify as Jerry? The asshole that choose to try and split the family apart for his own petty reasons.

>not knowing that you're closer to Jerry than any of the other main characters
I got some bad news, user

>The asshole that choose to try and split the family apart for his own petty reasons.

trying to protect the kids is petty!?

I mean, I watch it, its at the very bottom edge of how dumb a show can be and still be watchable for me. It's an okay relationship comedy, I'm not sure why it's the punching bag for bad sitcoms on the Internet, pretty much everything else on CBS is worse.

It's actually a decent set-up for a sitcom on the most basic level, it's The Odd Couple meets Cheers.

The entire reason the latest episode happened is because of continuity with something that happened 20 episodes ago.

>Jerry
>Protect the kids

Honestly, I was only being harsh to avoid getting cyberbullied on the internet. That's on me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking straightforward sitcoms, and Big Bang Theory isn't so bad. I've watched it in a social setting and it's made me laugh. It never gave XKCD vibes.

No one is more insecure than people who obsess over what they should like and how people will view them for it. I'll step up and say it: I love The Phantom Menace. Does that make me stupid? Probably. Is it a shit movie? Probably. That won't stop me, though.

People who take the whole "every show is the sole determiner of your smartness threshold" seriously are just big goobers.

Yeah Phantom Menace is a movie, but it was the most extreme example of my guilty pleasures I could think of.

now kiss

There is no wasted potential in Bad Morty. Anybody interested in that arc playing out is desperately clawing at a deeper, more serious vision for an episodic comedy show. Its actually very immature to keep pining for this.

When he shows up Rick will destroy him by the end of the episode with almost no effort while every five minutes Rick tells everyone how he's the smartest person in the multiverse and no one can ever come close to challenging him.

explain?

I've honestly thought this. What if Evil Morty is a future version of our Morty? This season is really hammering home how much Morty is becoming disillusioned and hostile towards Rick.

This is exactly what it's building into. It's pretty obvious he's getting smarter and more cynical/malevolent.

>Off screen continuity
They were trying to make fun of people like you

Everything they do is making fun of someone or something. They don't really stand for, except "literally everything is bad".
Would future Morty conflict with the "no time travel" rule that Dan and Justin placed?

>Would future Morty conflict with the "no time travel" rule that Dan and Justin placed?
Why would they bother sticking to any rule? Also, it would be a good way to throw off the fans and hammer home the consquences of Rick's assholishness and the negative effect of his interference in Morty's life and development.

It's because Jerry is fun to watch.

I'll be honest lads, I really want Doofus Rick to come back and be a continuing character. I really, really liked him. I found him hilarious in every interaction he had with the Ricks and also his genuine love for Jerry (especially in the comics).

The creators say hes a weak guy trying to do whats best for usually the wrong reasons. Not a hero but he's trying.

what episode was this from again? ive basically forgotten all of season 1 and 2

He was putting his foot down for the first time and trying not to be the spineless worm his wife sees him as. Jerry isn't a saint and is just as selfish as the rest of the main cast but atleast he's trying to get rid of what is tearing this family apart, Rick.

It sounds like the creators accidentally made him a reasonable guy with cartoonishly exaggerated negative qualities. Like, the creators' warped viewpoints render him, in their eyes, as being equally antagonistic to Rick.

It only rumbles my johnnies because Beth gets off so lightly. She's almost never called out alone (as in, not called out alongside Jerry) and she's only been the butt of the joke like, what, once? When she shot Mr. Poopybutthole?

I dunno, man. I love laughing at Jerry's plight, but I don't see how we're supposed to root against him, outside of the hilarity factor. He's kind of a Meg now.

Nah, there was an interview that clarified jerry as a character, he does what he thinks is right because he thinks hes supposed to do iy. Not a good person but something close enough that he could become one eventually

>watching wasted potential the show
>complaining about wasted potential

And so is Rick

>wasted potential the show
user this isn't Danny Phantom

Rick brought the family more closer together than ever.

Why do people forget about Lincler? He probably wants to give Rick payback still

I wonder if they'll put all the characters that want revenge on rick in the same episode.

Yeah, and then he'll defeat them effortlessly, because "omg Rick is da smartest guy in DA WORL"

My biggest problem with this show is really just that they are trying too hard to make people laught. They should have just made it a comfy sitcom where scientist buddies with mental issues are doing scientist buddy stuff.

>I'd like to see the guy from the Microverse involved as well.
Given how time works in the microverse it'd have to be his distant descendant by now.

>My biggest problem with this show is really just that they are trying too hard to make people laugh
Going to have to disagree there. Stuff that tries too hard to make people laugh is shit like the new Ghostbusters movie, where it's just constant mile-a-minute jokes that are all varying levels of terrible. Rick and Morty lets situations develop and don't feel the need to turn literally everything they do into a joke.

Just like Courage!
>lol Rick can create an entire dungeon... WHILE DRUNK
Jesus, it didn't used to be this way. I think. Rick used to lose sometimes, or at least not win totally flawlessly.

>Off screen
I don't remember what episode, I believe it was season 1, but basically Morty got Rick to agree to letting him choose 1 in every 10 adventures.

Then he nearly got rape by a peice of candy

Trying and failing is still failing.
You do not survive in the world like this

>because morty winning a bet that he gets to choose every 10th adventure is ground breaking continuity
rick toppled the fucking galactic government and fucked the economy with zero ramifications 2 episodes on but morty's stamp ticket came up holy shit stop the fucking presses
you cant just have partial continuity or nothing makes sense. it's like people actually think zeep or evil morty or gona come back

It was the Meseeks episode.

Too soon, I feel that he's more of an season finally type.
Hopefully E-Morty will go Lex-Luthor and recruit most of characters that tried to kill both Rick and Morty from pass episodes.

If he doesnt come back why would they make that ending. It wasnt funny or memorable as a scene on its own. It works for foreshadowing something coming in the future. The line "a smart morty can be a bad thing" makes this stronger.
But hes probably series finale material

My theory is that evil morty is an agent of the citadel of morties(mentioned in the comics) to replace their old, murderous ststicksupid ricks with young, nice stupid morties that provide the same stealth bonus.

The literal first time we see him he's blackout drunk and discussing blowing up the entire world with Morty. Now you could mark that down as pilot weirdness (it does feature timetravel, assuming Rick ain't bullshitting), but Rick has always been pretty capable of doing whatever the fuck he wants - getting everything Cronenberged was about the only notable exception. Besides that, I'm certain he can still lose.

Rick also created a modern society with electricity and took it away while laughing.

>94667743
>Citadel of Morties

What's that?

>Last episode
>Mediocre adventure where rick effortlessly defeats an alien space mob while blabbering on about smart he is
>They try to pull a hamfisted "rick is sad" moment, doesn't work
>Later on rick and morty are in the spaceship flying back to earth
>"So rick, whatever happened to that morty with the eyepatch?"
>"Ohh burrrrp he fell in a black hole. also god isn't real"
>the end

>Citadel of Morties
What's that?