Why didn't Marvel have Hemsworth shave and wear the helmet?

He looks so much more like comics Thor in the concept art.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P23aKF-694k
strawpoll.me/13712159
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thor should have a beard let's be honest

Hemsworth hated the helmet because it was uncomfortably painful and constantly flying off.

Probably for the same reason Hugh Jackman never wore the famous Wolverine cowl in any of the X-Men movies.

Because Hemsworth has very attractive facial hair. Also, beards actually work well thematically with Thor, like mentions

>always thought the helmet was goofy as fuck
>they actually make it look awesome for the movie
>but never use it

the irony still kills me to this day

SImonson says you're wrong.

rigth looks fucking goat

Because the days of actors putting in the effort of actually looking the role are long passed

I'd have no problem with him wearing the Ragnarok helmet with long hair and no beard.

we could had full helmet

His hair looked best in Avengers. The greasy braided look we got since Thor 2 has been crap. And THor with short hair is just not Thor.

fug i wish

Captain America also had exposed ears in the concept art for Avengers.

Loki concept art

Source?
I mean I kinda can imagine it. The helm looks like a pain in the ass to wear.

He still would have only worn it for 5 minutes so what's the big deal?

I think they should've just changed the colors for the Avengers cotume.

I remember the ear autism from back in the day
agreed, I first noticed it in AOU

Why would he have a problem with it, but not Hopkins, Hiddleston, and Elba? And at that point he was also a D-list actor at best. Only known for playing Kirk's dad in the first few minutes of Star Trek.

it looks better and the dessing make him breathe in space more believable

>The greasy braided look we got since Thor 2 has been crap
It's a super girly hairstyle too.

How do you go from that to this? Did Thor stop washing his hair or something?

The armour looks better.

I want to shove my face into his armpit and get ticked by armpit hair.

He explained in an interview with IGN that the helmet would slide onto his nose and the wings would often get clipped and broken.

They don't have as many action scenes. As for Hiddleston, he even says himself that the helmet is very uncomfortable and heavy for him. He just bears it.

You can say that Hemsworth is being whiny, but to be fair, Thor has a lot more screentime that he would have to bear.

I love Hemsworth and I think he's fine for the role but I always thought Thor would be a really wide tank of a man. Hemsworth is kind of lanky compared to that.

Yeah. I'm sure wearing a helmet is so hard for an actor to do for millions of dollars. It's not like other actors have done things that are uncomfortable or even painful.

Kirby's Thor wasn't super big though.

Christian Bale is a literal insane person.

Hemsworth looked more like Thor from the neck up in Rush than any of the MCU movies. Also did an accent that goes much more with Thor than the muffled Aussie one he does as Thor.

You call it insanity, I call it passion. And Dedication.

He looks so much more like Thor with a shaved face and non-greasy hair. Never mind the fact it isn't quite long enough.

>that time Thor raced Zemo

>We could have had Loki with the ponytail/tassel
UGGGHHHH

Speaking of Zemo, this was his concept art.

Jesus fucking christ, this is almost as bad as what we got. They should have just not had him if they were so embarassed by the source material.

Him wearing the purple mask in CW would be dumb. The character would havee had no reason to wear it, you'd basically have to artificially insert it into the film for fanservice' sake.

>They should have just not had him if they were so embarassed by the source material.

I never understand you people.

Apparently it's being saved for a future movie.

>Apparently it's being saved for a future movie.

I'm having a hard time understanding why this version of Zemo would EVER wear that, but whatever.

Every day I regret this.

Maybe his face gets disfigured and I don't know. He gets cold behind the ears in winter?

thunderbols maybe'

don't you fucking talk shit about muh ultimate thor beard and his helmetlessness

It's just that the whole point of this version of Zemo is he's very much not the kind of flamboyant guy who prances around in a supervillain outfit, he's a spymaster who does his best to remain innocuous.

It'd be weird for him to pull a 180 and go full comic book now.

>still has adonis belt
>just holding his shoulders back

If they don't have a character, then i can still be excited, and anticipate them being cool.

But when they 'go in a different direction', it just ruins it. The MCU Zemo is the baron in name only. The could have just given him the codename "Flag-Smasher" and it wouldn't have changed a fucking thing. And now i have no hope that i'll ever see an actually good Zemo in live action. The same goes for:
>Crimson Dynamo
>The Mandarin
>Kurse
>Shocker
>The Tinkerer
>Iron Fist
>Purple Man
>Nick Fury
>Jasper Sitwell
>Jarvis
>Diamondback
>The Defenders
>Mordo
And so on. The only example of it being better than the comics is the vulture from Homecoming. These specific examples don't even bother me that much, it just feels like a "fuck you". Like they know who these characters are but only care enough to have them show up once, be barely recognizable, and then go away forever.

>Nick Fury

What's wrong with Jackson's Fury? He's essentially the Ultimate version.

Because the Ultimate version is him.

>It'd be weird for him to pull a 180 and go full comic book now.
Unless he gets a job in Thunderbolts and decide to ham it up as a public figure.

>The character would havee had no reason to wear it,

He was off in the middle of remote Russia, in Winter.
When the fuck is a ski mask MORE appropriate than that?

Those should have been replaced by Hercules or black Kinght

You are stupid.

Definitely Thor here.

Like Crossbones was?

Why were they so terrible?

He's had a beard in the comics plenty of times, you rapist. Fuck off and stop pretending to belong here.

hemsworth didnt like it

Honestly, they should've given Malekith that hairstyle. It's reserved for elves, girls, and Qui-Gon Jinn.

I know you're going to say it would look silly, but I really wish Hawkeye got to wear his mask in some capacity in the MCU.

Why do you think it's bad that a Norse god has a beard? Actually it always bothered me as a kid that Marvel Thor DOESN'T have a beard.

Alan Taylor is a workman director. His experience with GoT means his style is geared to making things grounded and dour, which is great for television but terrible for movies.
Everything that makes tv cinematic is played out in actual movies.

He literally couldn't wear the helmet. It was too heavy and would fall off. Blame the manufacturer.

all superheroes look better with a beard, it's a fact

>SHAVE AND WEAR THE HELMET

they're probably think about female audience

Ultimate Fury isn't Fury.

>Liam Neeson never ever

Simonson was wrong

One day user, one day.

So Thunderbolts?

>Alan Taylor
Isn't that the same guy that filmed a sex scene between Cersei and Jaime in GoT so badly that everyone mistook it for a rape scene?

Crimson Dynamo was in one of the movies?? If so, I'm very disappointed. Been waiting for him to pop up for a while.

Simonson brought more more to Thor than other writer. He is to Thor what Claremont is to the X-Men. You could have a case to refute that with Lee and Kirby, but they created him without a beard.

He was 'whiplash'

Cause Hemsworth is a cuck who complained about wearing it. Even though every other Asgardian character/actor with a helmet wears theirs.

What, that's fucking dumb.

Because Loki made fun of him!

I love this scene youtu.be/P23aKF-694k

I never saw that scene.

Well apparently, Anton Vanko was in agent carter, but was never Crimson Dynamo. So his son, Ivan Vanko, from Iron Man 2, is the closest thing.

He looks like Sentry here more than Thor.

Comics Star-Lord would be wearing the full set today.

Let it go user.
Please...

The Helmet would have been nice, but the beard is fucking sexy.

Beard or no beard?
strawpoll.me/13712159

It makes sense for him to wear some kind of mask but...Not that.

Hawkeye's classic mask>>>>>all other masks

Dormammu didn't look awful, but I really wish he didn't have pupils.

>muh expressive characters
ruined ultron and it ruined dormammu

Would you guys have preferred a green Mantis?

A guy with a proper beard always looks better

Dude, you just made me realize that over 80% of my Pictures folder is just Dormammu comic scans.