BIONICLE

>Post everything BIONICLE related

Tell me about BIONICLE. I've had a passing curiosity about it for the past two years but ever got around to seeing it.

Basically- I've been out of the loop since series 1 and the first movie came out.

How are the other movies?
Is there some sort of site that consolidates all the comics/movies/web content?
(How was the little point and click web game? I actually remember playing that.)

And is Lego still continuing with it or are they just keeping it as a legacy thing?

Will they do something in the same vein as The Lego Movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=341157
youtube.com/watch?v=k9GwPoq-tLs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJK_W0zW94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for Lewa is best toa

Being Lewa is suffering.

>And is Lego still continuing with it or are they just keeping it as a legacy thing?

There was a short-lived reboot recently.

>Will they do something in the same vein as The Lego Movie?

Unlikely, and while I've enjoyed the Lego movies so far, the tone wouldn't be fitting for Bionicle.

WRONG

I thought every bionicle movie was good, and I watched all of them pretty recently and they still hold up. The lore is pretty darn deep for lego.

Personally, I'd like a Bionicle character to be in the Lego movie. Just an appearance at least.

Like they go to a part of the Lego world where a bunch of sets are crossing realms or whatever and they just bump into a Tohunga who's just minding his own business or something, like how Takua was just drinking coffee in the Lego Backlot game.

It's too good, they'll never make it into anything.

>tfw no animated TV show
>tfw no movies where they actually look like they're supposed to
>spherus magna never ever

>Tohunga
We've got an oldfag over here, folks.

>no tv show

This part's the hardest to believe. Seriously. If they played their cards right it could've been the new Beast Wars or something.

They even had about the same amount of lore as transformers, and higher quality.

A cameo would be neat.

It's a shame they didn't start making TV shows for their properties until Ninjago came along.

If you saw Mask of Light, you should finish the first trilogy. Web of Shadows is alright, but Bionicle 2: Legends of Metro Nui is fucking rad. The toa are uncertain and shitty and suffer a lot. They're definitely a lot more nuanced the original 6.

There is actually a 3 episode long Netflix original 'tv series', but don't bother looking it up. Its unforgivably awful. Its animated a lot worse than even the old flash toons.

This to infinity

Bump.

Sooo, did Lewa ever get out of Tren Krom's body?

What im in for?

You just gave me a blast from the past friend.

If you have any interest in Bionicle, we have a general on /toy/ still.

Yeah, Artakha forced Trenny back into his jellygoo body. Then Lewa got launched into space with a bunch of fags, teleported to the home planet, and last we saw him, he was lost in the jungle and surrounded by half plant ooga-booga tribesmen.

>no soundtrack CD's with the movie's music EVER

>How are the other movies?
Okay, I like 2 and 3 better than the first, but they're clusterfucks because they cram in huge chunks of the story into 70 minutes and leave a ton of stuff out. 4th movie is only good to shit on.
>Is there some sort of site that consolidates all the comics/movies/web content?
Follow the advice of >(How was the little point and click web game? I actually remember playing that.)
Still the best storytelling media the brand ever put out, provided you're thinking of the first one.
>And is Lego still continuing with it or are they just keeping it as a legacy thing?
>Will they do something in the same vein as The Lego Movie?
Lego only craves Disney dick, and Ninjago replaced Bionicle as their sacred in-house cashcow.

At least the first one's OST got a digital release, and the others might be coming too. The fact that there's still formerly affiliated people out there who care for this franchise even after its second calncellation is truly a spirit-lift.

Right. To be honest this just makes it more clear how little clue Lego had about handling their properties. They did okay with their ancillary media (but that had some mess ups too, like the game that got canned and the game that came out unfinished), but they really needed some central and more accessible storytelling method. Transformers stood as the perfect example of how to market character and story-laden toy franchises with cartoons, but Lego gave their support to a Galidor show instead.
On the other hand, given how all over the place Bionicle was in 2001, there's a high chance a cartoon would have been a disastrous mess. The franchise was anything but streamlined.

Lego had something with the movies, but didn't follow up on them. I'm actually borderline fucking amazed that even after the success of the Ninjago tv show, they still fumbled on Bionicle's reboot so hard with their limited, low-effort media support. This time, they didn't even need to look toward what other companies were doing, the example they should have followed was all theirs.

They really just need to hire someone compentent in marketing. Like just outsource a dude or two from Hasbro and go to town.
Ita surprising to hear that BIONICLE saved Lego's ass from bankruptcy and they treated it like a pool floaty to keep from drowning instead of a rocket to success.

>At least the first one's OST got a digital release
When was this??

I'm pretty sure they only made the reboot so that people would stop complaining about bionicle being gone.

That, and they should have pinpointed G1's problems better. There was all this talk about how the lore got too complicated, and while that was true, they way they told the lore was an issue too. It was spread across too many outlets, most of which were only available to kids in the US. Movies only came out occasionally, the comics were too fragmented and surface-level, and the books weren't even marketed. And they had many inconsistencies too.

But instead of fixing all that with G2, they just made the story overly shallow, but they repeated the same mistakes. Fucking hell.

Couple months back.

My dream casting for a Bionicle movie franchise reboot that's about 4 Matoran searching for the legendary 7th Toa. Meanwhile the current 6 Toa battle the evil forces of the Makuta.

Takua- Donald Glover
Jaller- Zach Efron
Hahli- Olivia Munn
Matoro- Paul Dano

Tahu- Dave Bautista
Lewa-Jemaine Clement
gahli- Gal Gadot
pohatu- Alan Tudyk
onua- Vin Diesel
Kopaka- Rami Malek

Makuta- Ciaran Hinds

Turaga Vakama- Michael Gambon

And now people are complaining about ALL original constraction properties getting canned and replaced with Star Wars, G2 being phoned in shit, and Bionicle being gone again. It was hardly worth it.

>Tell me about BIONICLE.
The original Bionicle-verse is also a part of DC's Multiverse.

Still waiting for a crossover that includes Gali going on outrageous adventures with Aquaman or Onua accidentally digging into the Batcave, from below, while Damien is standing above the Toa and lands on his head after the latter emerges.

G2 was made just to kill constraction. Now Lego is all about Ninjago and Disney.
I'm curious,would Ninjago CCBS figures sell? Lego is all about money like it always was about.

>G2 was made just to kill constraction
No, things like this are.
The G2 sets (at least the Toa-waves) were some of the best constraction sets ever released.

What is this? The 4th,5th wave of SW CCBS?
I still can find the TFA wave.
And next year we get another Vader,Boba and Darth Maul.

And they will all use the same chestplate, the same shinguards, the same thigh armor, the same shoulder armor and the same spring-loaded gun element again.
Because who needs unique designs when you can charge 5$ more whenever a set has a piece of clothing or plastic sheet that are worth 2cents at best?

I like those voices for jaller and company as toa, but i think younger people should do it when they're still matoran.

I could see ariel winter for hahli.

All of the figures are at clearence. 5$ each.
Ninjago shelfwarms too. We didn't even get the 2016 summer wave nor the 2017 one.

>The original Bionicle-verse is also a part of DC's Multiverse
Bionicle is a multiverse though. Are you forgetting Dark Mirror?

>The Bionicle multiverse is just another part of the DC multiverse.

I didn't see it on the map

There was one GL comic page that showed other dimensions.

The original Bionicles were part of it and the Toa's images made a cameo (but you need to look careful here and there).

Why Lego isn't doing the same with Bionicle as Hasbro is doing with Transformers?

Like what? Having Michael Bay to direct a Bionicle Live Action movie?

TF is one of Hasbro's flagship brands with a massive fan following and a large pop culture footprint. Even before the movies, it was pretty big with kids and old fans too.
Bonkle is a bygone has-been that helped save Lego at one point and has a minor cult fanbase, but most Lego users either don't care for it or outright hate it and consider it one of the company's worst crimes, and its building system is quickly going out of favor.
TF got Beast Wars that revitalized it after G2. Bionicle would need something similar, but who would take the risk, especially when one, there's shitty but more easily marketable Star Wars sets filling its place on shelves, and two, Lego's doing fine without it?

That said, Hasbro's planning animated Transformers movies, isn't it? I'd be satisfied if Lego made one more attempt at Bionicle, putting in as much effort as possible for a single, limited line of elaborate sets and a movie to go with it. Wouldn't need to be theatrical, it could be a special one-time occasion aimed more at the fans, like some of those DC animated flicks.
Bring back Faber for the art and tone, Furst for the music, and whoever else is available. Maybe give Greg Weisman another chance? Ryder Windham has potential too. Consult the MNOG people, Bob Thompson, perhaps even Greg Farshtey.
But yeah, that's just a fanboy wish. In no way realistic.

Pretty much.

When Bionicle started Lego only had Star Wars and Harry Potter, the odd license like Nesquik or Coca Cola here and there and Spider-Man and Jurassic Park still under the Studios label.

These days half of their product range is licensed stuff:
Star Wars
Marvel Super Heroes
DC Super Heroes
DC Super Hero Girls
The Lego Batman Movie
Disney Princess this
Disney Pixar's Cars that
Minecraft
Angry Birds
Jurassic Park
Speed Champions
Pirates of the Caribbean
Brickheadz
technically Architecture and half of the Ideas sets
Dimensions

the list goes on

We get Voltron next year.

>Makuta’s speech was particularly significant coming after the events of September 11, 2001. Templar Studios, who created the game for The LEGO Group, is located in lower Manhattan. Many of the employees were at the studio or on their way there when the tragedy, visible from their rooftop, occurred.

I am everywhere

I am everything you see

By now we could have something better than Bayformers on the silver screen

I used to be really into the comics and movies. Movies aare really good. My favorite is the golden mask.

The comics are a bit overly complicated. I had to refrence the wiki lore page multiple times to get what was going on in the over-arching plot. But, the individual stories, characters, and world are just really entertaining.

He are the originals. Knock yourself out.

brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=341157

It's on Netflix now. But it is definitely made for young kids.

>Look out I might be real

>one of the major plot twists is that Makuta is just a powerful guy of a whole race of Makuta, and is nowhere near on par with Mata Nui, rather than some kind of shadow god

This is the exact moment they dropped the ball

>nowhere near on par with Mata Nui
That was good though, since his whole plan was to get to that level. They were still way above Toa and practically all other races.
What wasn't good was making the Makuta species so numerous, incompetent and often easily beaten, while at the same time making them way too overpowered with defined abilities.

I think of them as like demons, basically. The ones the Toa Nuva fought in Karda Nui would be lesser demons you've never heard of, or more obscure ones, whereas big names like Miserix, Teridax, Mutran would be like Satan, Barbatos, etc.

At first I thought this was the dumbest fucking thing I'd ever read and then I imagined the actual voices in a quality animated reboot of MNOLG and now I think this might be the most genius thing I've ever read

imagine a show where we get to see everything.
the rise of the Great Beings, the Element Lords, the dreaming plague all the way up to the core war. In the matoran universe There is still Stelt, Zakaz, Xia,.. so much they could use

>Zach Efron
>Dave Bautista
>Gal Gadot

No thanks.

>Cameo
Wait wait
There was a cameo as they were showing the different worlds. Did you miss it?
youtube.com/watch?v=k9GwPoq-tLs
"A bunch of others we don't need to mention"
It hurts so much.

That part hurt me so hard it wasn't funny...

>gali
>gal gadot
i see what you did there

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJK_W0zW94
Fan animation
And a pretty good one at that