DuckTales 2017

Since the last one is over the limit and Fenton is the best Duck.

Where to watch?
>youtube.com/watch?v=gP0Neif7Y4E
>itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/ducktales-vol-1/id1262090276

>tech crew is best crew

In the previous thread
>Well Ma Beagle is in the opening, and Bigtime, Burger and Babyface have been mentioned
When were they, especially Babyface, mentioned, I must have missed it.

Why is Gyro a hipster now

wouldn't be the least logical way to translate his design to modern times, desu

I just love how they've gone out of their fucking way to try and make a cast of ducks look diverse through designs and voice cast. DUCKS.
It's like self-parody at this point.

will we see him?

>everyone finally paying attention to Fenton
>but not the version of the character that made me invested in the first place

SUFFERING

(the new version will probably be fine but still)

That trinketm? Scrooge bought that because the merchant told him a good story, none of that made any historical sense.

Gyro's design is supposed to look goofy and disconnected from social trends. He's plain hip now

I only remember Webby mentioning Ma Beagle. But we need more scenes like this in the new show.

I dont get the problem. I'd understand if they were actual races but they're just ducks of different color, which isnt racial diversity, just character design diversity, which I say, the more the marrier

Don't know about Babyface but Bigtime and Burger were written on this

Gyro hasn't changed.

Fashion has.

>I'd understand if they were actual races but they're just ducks of different color
Pretty sure at least Mark Beaks is a different kind of bird. That doesn't look like a duck bill.

But it's not like this is anything new, there were different birds before: Gyro is a chicken and Gladstone is a goose. I always presumed Launchpad was a pelican because of how he looks but I can't actually find any confirmation of that...

And even then, all sorts of ducks look different anyway, so it's not all that strange

He's a grey parrot, they have said they wanted to expand to more animals.

C U T E
U
T
E

just noticed F.O.W.L.
deepest lore

Watched the first episode recently and wanted to know if it was easy for you guys to clearly understand what Donald was saying. I had difficulty at times, and had to really focus.

I genuinely can't remember a time a cartoon premiere has made me so happy. It may have its flaws, but they pale in comparison to the joy this has brought me. Scrooge, Donald and Launchpad are all fantastic. The writers clearly know and love the characters (and honestly, the nephews, Webby and Beakly had such weak, nothing characters before it doesn't bother me that they've changed).

And the threads are great because there's so much duck media to discuss and new people who only know the old DuckTales cartoon to share the comics with. It's enjoyable seeing new people discover a whole new set of stories of Scrooge, Donald and co. they never knew.

However. Almost nine years I've been here Sup Forums, and I was quite proud of the fact I'd never come down with one of this board's infectious diseases. But this show has gone and done it because Christ I want to ravage Gabby's cloaca or whatever the fuck she has. I guess I officially like anthro now, I hope you're happy.

(You)

I also had difficulty at times and rewound to turn the subtitles on. Pretty decent Donald voice but I wouldn't mind if he was harder to understand. A perfectly understandable Donald Duck is something that nobody should ever hear, after all.

drumpf

fenton

Does everything have to get turned into something gay, or even a ship at all. Jesus this is the world we love in.

>not available in your country

why do companies do this

Just like democracy

I also have it unavailable and I live in Poland.

Gets funnier every time I hear it, but as 'competent villains' go, not sure if it beats Quarter-Life, Halfway to Destruction's "If you do not give into my demands- TOO LATE!"

They also were mentioning Cape Suzette and St. Canard in the opening.

>folks want Donald and Fenton
>Not Donald and Gabby Stabberson

Alas, sword chicks never win...

Waifu claimed.

Practically the whole voice cast is still white, and the only non-white voiced character who's clearly supposed to be the same race as his voice actor is Fenton.

Also, even if they changed the type of some ducks, it doesn't even affects the main characters cause HDL, Webby, Scrooge, Donald etc. are still white, but I guess even changing a minor side character like Fenton to a brown duck, ruffles some peoples feathers. IDGI

Personally, I'm enjoying not actually shipping anything, but let's not pretend this isn't something people weren't doing before.

Are you new to the internet or fandoms?

>the world we love in
aww, shipping is something ubiquitous to all media through history.
>"Menenius and sicinius must be lovers"
> Probably some Elizabethean pleb after shakespeare wrote coriolanus

There was a shitload of shipping from the fans in the old show too

Is it bad I want to see the beagle brothers get it on?

While Huey watches?

>no magica

DROPPED

But Hipsters aren't smart.

Yes user, it is bad.

Ancient caveman: I ship the sun and the moon.

The fuck is this supposed to be saying? Donald says he's better than Fenton, then Fenton says ice cream is better than both of them? And then somehow that gets Donald all hot and bothered?

Am I reading this wrong, or should I just not be surprised that tumblrinas don't know what basic mathematics symbols mean?

>implying Della didn't get possessed and is now Magica

>Louie claiming
I think I smell a new meme.

My theory about the implication of Tailspin, Gooftroop, and Darkwing showing up is that I think the creators are hoping to create sort of a new 'Disney Afternoon Universe'.

And after the success of the Avengers (and acquiring Star wars), I could see Disney wouldn't be object to the idea of expanding on the experiment of creating a shared universe and trying it with their cartoon lineups.

So we may yet see a Gooftroop, Tailspin, and DWD revival too.

That's what I wanted to hear.

well, I guess he agrees that food is better than love. (which it totally is) but I guess he included them both in that equation?

I think the bigger question is why all birds are anthropomorphic EXCEPT seagulls. Are they trying to say seagulls are LESS evolved than other members of the avian species?

SEAGULL LIVES MATTER

MINE!

Split evolutionary lines, like how it is with chimps and humans.

>why all birds are anthropomorphic EXCEPT seagulls

This, in any anthro world if there's a natural animal to an anthro species then it's akin to humans and apes or monkeys.

I was just about to post the same

Change "youtube" to "youpak"

They share a common ancestor. Like us and monkeys. There are cattle and domesticated dogs and mice as vermin in the Disney universe despite these all being anthropomorphic as well.

She was mentioned as one of the returning cast early on

Ducktales/Starwars crossover when? They already have figures of Disney characters in Starwars costumes at the parks.

I was thinking no one else caught the seagull sailor. The anthro with non anthro animals is silly, but they went out of there way to poke fun at it and show they're self-aware about the whole thing.

>wanting Star Wars/anything
Enough of this tired fucking normie franchise.

Lol

Look at you. Calm down, friend. Calm down.

>Largest franchise to have ever existed
>The original franchise that started them all
Are you seriously upset that it has fans?

No, but it sucks and it ran its fucking course out over 30 years ago. Literally everything in the Star Wars franchise apart from the original trilogy and Genndy's Clone Wars shorts is trash. Crossing something over with Star Wars is just about the most shallow, shameless nostalgia grab you could imagine. See: Family Guy.

Don't forget to clap the next time you see Vader.

Phineas and Ferb's crossover was genius and I won't hear otherwise

She does leave her ass exposed for easy access. 10/10

>ran its fucking course out over 30 years ago
You are aware that people continue to be born yes? That new generations come and go regularly and that these things are generally aimed at that new audience? You are not the sole target of every piece of media.
By your logic Romeo and Juliet should never be performed again, Lord of the rings should never be read by anyone younger than 60, you should never have even heard of Sleeping Beauty, all copies of the Wizard of Oz should have been burned in the 1940's to prevent them from 'running their course'

It's madness, people want to experience these things over and over again. Whether you approve or not.

That painting of Glomgold in the background is priceless.

How the hell do birds grow beards anyway?

The staying power of Romeo and Juliet or the Wizard of Oz and the timeless qualities of fairy tales have nothing to do with Star Wars becoming the bloated, shallow, nostalgia-pandering cash-grab that Disney has been and will continue to ram down our throats for years to come.

The same way they grow fingers and learn how to talk. Evolution~

Clearly Star Wars has "staying power" as it's still generating new media and has a strong following.

Stabberson's in the opening sequence, so I guess she's going to be a reoccurring character.

It's hard to tell. It clearly has "staying power", but the way that the whole concept has been expanded and diluted over the years by all the shoddy new material, and the way people keep eating it up is just appalling. It becomes a kind of feedback loop where new content makes them remember the old stuff even more fondly, which makes them that much more eager to gobble up more new shit, no matter how terrible it is.

BerserkColorized.png

dud Duey say he wanted to go to Cape Suzette?
did they finally admit that they're all in the same universe?

They're making the Marvel Cinematic Duckiverse

I think that horse means to have sexual encounters with Donald!

They're going to Legend of tbe Chaos God, aren't they?

Everyone wants to have sexual encounters with Donald.

Nah, these two are cuter.

Or the genuinely enjoy it for what it is. That's a possibility too. There was stuff in the old media that was considered awful at the time of release too.

I, for example, loved ewoks. But most of the older generation hated them. I watched Caravan of Courage and it's sequel that I forget the name of unironically and probably would watch it again.

Same way I enjoy new Ducktales, even though I'm sure that there are others out there who probably think it's 'raping their childhood.'

where's the pomf?

Shabooey!

Maybe we'll get Merlock going after the lamp.

In a world where that would work.
I'll just wait for someone to stick it on mega.

The preview to episode 2 where the kids are running around shooting at each another shows Mrs. Beakly bringing a newspaper to Scrooge, where you can read that Ma Beagle was released from prison.

so, what exactly happened to Donald's sister?
if those pics were anything to go by he taught the kids to walk and had them since they were like six months old
she's not dead right?

Presumably lost during the 'Spear of Selene' incident that caused the rift between Donald and Scrooge.

judging by that endinf they'll probably address this

I'm kinda interested in seeing what they would do with Rockerduck designwise.

is donald duck black?

No. Angry.