So what kind of fighting stance is this anyways? Is it some manner of duck street boxing...

So what kind of fighting stance is this anyways? Is it some manner of duck street boxing? Did people actually fight like this in the 40s? I don't quite understand the tactical advantage of it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EF85d5ElwaM
youtube.com/watch?v=SqwlaTwcugw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

By leaning in forward with your lead hand, it shortens the distance between your fist and their face, meaning you can hit them sooner. Similarly, if they happen to be a bit quicker on the draw, by having your face so close to their fist, they can't build up enough speed to cause any pain. It's the ultimate +ATK / +DEF stance in fighting.

Boxing looks silly, like most pure martial arts, because there are rules you must abide by that make it different than just strategically taking somebody down

This is why UFC fighters are the most proficient, but the most boring to watch

it's called "Bwah wah wah wah wah"

It's an hybrid of classic fisticuffs stance / basic tantrum

This mostly, its a parody of the old style of boxing when you'd have your arms out like that but the wrists all turned up

So the main rationale is having his arms not get in the way of the mouth animation

post the gif of someone putting a fiddle in Donald's hands and dancing to his tantrum

Sadly, it's simply not a good time to google-search "Donald tantrum".

But here's a YT video
youtube.com/watch?v=EF85d5ElwaM

even better, this always makes me laugh

I was going to look up some donald duck gifs, but something distracted me

>Sadly, it's simply not a good time to google-search "Donald tantrum".
Shame

If Donald and Scrooge went off in pure rage, who would win?

Or would they just destroy the planet?

UFC is way more entertaining than Boxing, wtf are you on.

They're both retarded as hell

>I don't quite understand the tactical advantage of it
Good half of animal folk around are at least twice as tall as ducks. He only uses the advantage of an easy crotch access.

internet fight stance

Came here to post this.

Probably because you have little to no testosterone.

>of someone
mickey rooney

Like a lot of Golden-Age cartoon tropes, I imagine it has its roots in Vaudeville

Probably Scrooge, cause he bottles it up a little more than Donald does. Donald is a rage machine.

>someone
I can't wait for all the cultural references in Family Guy to turn this stale.

It's not a fight stance, OP. It's a pose meant to be read clearly and quickly from far away from the stage (or screen, or TV) so the audience knows exactly what the character is doing and what they're feeling. Fist out front, back bent forward, chin (...) down and forward, it clearly conveys aggression. You know what the fuck is going on without even thinking about it.

It literally was named Donald's "fighting pose"

'Nam kiddies like Donald wouldn't understand true wrath like the rage incarnate that is Scrooge McDuck.

>it shortens the distance between your fist and their face, meaning you can hit them sooner
>by having your face so close to their fist, they can't build up enough speed to cause any pain
Well that's silly.

>UFC
>MMA in general

>implying the Unified Rules are not some of the most arbitrary and convoluted rule sets in all of combat sports

Wew, the projecting

Mickey Rooney was an actual madman.

That's a right hand lead. Animators are exaggerating the motion of his left.

It's actually an incredibly effective boxing technique, especially if the boxer is an out-fighter and is taller than his opponent.

It's actually a bit like that thing that older siblings do where they put their hands and the younger sibling's forehead, and the younger sibling can't reach or fight back.

Having the hand so far out in front means your opponent has to keep his distance. Which means you can work your jab until the cows come home, which is the bread and butter of a tall out-boxer. You can also use it very defensively, parrying blows the second your opponent throws them.

If the guy with lead stance knows what he's doing, there's just no way to counter it. He's just going to dominate and take apart his opponent the whole match.

Here's a good fight. Look how Klitschko uses his left to constantly probe and harass and ultimately defeat his opponent.

youtube.com/watch?v=SqwlaTwcugw

Even without the cultural reference, this is still funny. I had no idea who he was when I watched it as a child, and thought it was hilarious that he just puts a fiddle into his hands and starts dancing instead of taking Donald seriously.

Fucking beat me to it.

Kyokugen is invincible

It's a parody of the fighting stances of Pugilism, where the emphasis was to not get hit by your opponent, rather then hitting them as many times as you can like in Boxing now.

Donald is Chico?