Ant-Man joining the Guardians of the Galaxy

Well, Duggan indicated we'd be getting an Earth hero on the team, and it looks like we now know who it is.

>including the 1990s Guardians of the Galaxy into the count
For what purpose

Cute

I mean, sure? It's annoying we have to have another earth-hero join up but if it's true Rich is joinin up as well then that's 3 human's on the team.

I trust Duggan because I've really enjoyed his run but I wanna know who had a say in this

Actually wait this could be really cool if Scotts off in space hunting down Pymtron.

>top of Petes head is finally covered when wearing the mask

I really, really hope he integrates the helmet fully

Closer to the higher priced and "oversized" #150!

Pymtron is in Alaska. It'd be a waste of time to try to find him in space

>I trust Duggan because I've really enjoyed his run but I wanna know who had a say in this
I imagine Duggan was the one who suggested it in the first place. During that AMA he did, someone asked what Earth hero he'd put in space, and he said that it'd already been written and drawn.

The guy's controlled non-Earth insects in space before, so he's got potential in a cosmic setting.

>Actually wait this could be really cool if Scotts off in space hunting down Pymtron.
Duggan's actually confirmed we'd be getting follow-up on the worlds that Pymtron attacked while in space, so I think you're on the right track and that's part of why he wanted Lang on the team.

Ah, the ever important Ant-Man Bump.

Why are they dressed like the new ones that they dislike instead of Xandarian Centurions?

You and me both user, you and me both.

They're joining the new ones and probably starting at the bottom of the ladder.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #146 & 147
GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MARCUS TO (A)
Covers by AARON KUDER
THE INFINITY QUEST Parts 1 & 2
THE GUARDIANS’ HUNT FOR THE INFINITY STONES BEGINS! Their first stop? Joining up with the Nova Corps, of course! Join the Guardians as they all take up golden helmets in the quest to keep the universe safe! Nuff said!

Seems really strange after being attacking them, but I guess it makes a little more sense than Rich joining them.

Why wouldn't Rich join them? It's even been confirmed they've got members with the Nova Force.

How? Rich wants to redeem the Nova Corps name, do you expect him to tear down the current one instead of just trying to join and improve it from within

He's the embodiment of Xandarian justice, and the GotG have been a bunch of thieves with sometimes altruistic motives.
They don't seem like the kind of people he'd normally associate with.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the new Nova Corps, not the Guardians.

He's already associated with the Guardians plenty. He's friends with Peter and fuckbuddies with Gamora.

>do you expect him to tear down the current one instead of just trying to join and improve it from within
Yes. He should go back to being he Lone Ranger. That works much better.

I was hoping for Darkhawk, even if he's not totally an earth hero anymore, but Ant-Man isn't a horrible choice. Could be interesting if they do visit the Pymtron stuff later on.

I guess that's my fault for not being clearer, but still there's no way he'd approve of the shit their doing

>Captain Universe
>Vance Astro
Poor Gabe, he deserved better.
Since the moent Bendis took over GoTG I lost track of Vance, what happened to him?

Also, yes about Darkhawk, I want him to take some part in the fraternity of raptors mess

I really hope Duggan's the one writing this Darkhawk one-shot, as that would solidify him showing up in Guardians at some point.

>Lang's a thief, and the Guardians now do a lot of thieving
>Duggan's said previously he'd be following up on Pymtron stuff here
>"perfect" tease was for the character said to be "a stowaway"
In hindsight, this should've been fairly obvious.

>Since the moent Bendis took over GoTG I lost track of Vance, what happened to him?
I think he just managed to get back to his own time somehow. He was part of the Guardians 3000 book.

Actually, it was said somewhere in the DnA issues that the Vance stranded in the present wasn't one from any of the 31st century teams we'd seen before. So I don't think the one in Guardians 3000 was him, either.

Looking back, the Starhawk/Guardians 3000 stuff in DnA's run was really weird and didn't seem to lead to much of anywhere. Not sure I really liked it outside of Vance's character.

>Groot is still a kid

I forgot about this

God I hope it's good

>Getting Scott away from Spencer
Finally, I liked the first run but Astonishing Ant-Man leaned too hard into the incompetent loser aspect

Relevant

I was so happy for Bendis to get off gotg but then this Duggan guy goes and pulls the same movie synergyzing bullshit by showcasing baby groot.

To anyone reading gotg, should I get over it and give it a chance?

There's a plot reason Groot is stuck as a baby

Someone is sapping his energy to grow an army of evil Groots who look like he used to before DnA

>should I get over it and give it a chance?
Yes. Look, the synergy stuff is here to stay. It's NEVER going away. The sooner you get over it, the sooner you can get back to reading comics that you'd otherwise enjoy if you hadn't bought into the meme that if everything isn't exactly like the DnA run then it's shit.

Did you hate it when Jack Flag joined the team too?

At least it's someone who doesn't have their own book right now and has relevance to a plotline Duggan's going to be bringing in (Pymtron's wrecking planets in the name of the Avengers).

>another Earth hero

But he's the only one? It's not like this is Bendis where we had Carol, Kitty, Flash, and the Thing all at the same time. And even DnA had Jack for token Earth hero.

>the shit their doing

Guarding the galaxy?

Keep telling yourself that, shill. Jack Flag had build up and proper reasons to join the team. This is just more blatant MCU pandering.

>hurr remember Disney's Marvel's Ant-man? Well now he's part of Disney's Marvel's Guardians of the Memes for extra lols! XD
The Guardians will never be good again until they bring back DnA and ban all synergy.

Unlike Bendis, Duggan's bothering to do twists on the synergy. There's some fucked up stuff going on with why Groot's stuck as a baby.

Relevant

>Jack Flag had build up and proper reasons to join the team.
So you've already read these issues, then? Fascinating. What else do you know, o great time traveller?

Also, DnA broke up on bad terms. You're not getting them back. It's time to move on.

>your mentor has gone on a galaxy spanning genocide in the name of your team and you wanna make reprimands/help
>no build-up
K

God damn it Duggen stop tempting me to pick up your above average book

Absolutely.

Duggan's proved to me that he knows his shit with referencing old Starlin Infinity watch stuff and plenty of DnA stuff.

I'll admit, it did start out with a bit too much synergy for me, but I have faith in Duggan. His first 6 issues of Deadpool with the dead presidents were pretty terrible, but he used those as a transition to slowly introduce fans of Waypool into his own Deadpool stories. The result was some of the best Deadpool stories ever like the good the bad and the ugly.

I'm expecting pretty much the same here in this series, introducing people who only know Bendis and the MCU GotG to his own style. He's writing Gamora great and in the solo Drax issue, it sounded more like DnA's Drax voice more than he has in a loooong time. I still have some issues with how he's writing Starlord, but we'll see if that improves.

I don't think Ant-Man's a horrible choice, especially if he really does go through with his Annihilation Conquest 2.0 thing he set up back in Uncanny Avengers and continued in the Deadpool space issue. Nothing gets under Ultron's skin quite like someone in an Ant-Man suit.

The president issues were good, you were just too recently hurt by Way to enjoy them

Know the worst part?

I bought every single issue of Waypool

I started buying it as soon as the new Deadpool series was announced during Secret Invasion. I was only 14 and I had loved Cable and Deadpool. Deadpool and ASM were the only comics I bought for a very long time. I feel like such an idiot for owning Waypool's entire run.

>I still have some issues with how he's writing Starlord, but we'll see if that improves.
Guess this is a good time to post the preview for tomorrow's issue, as it's probably the most serious Duggan's Quill has been.

I do think a lot of the reason Duggan's Quill has been so joke-y has been because of not just synergy, but also his wanting to make Quill the only Guardian not fucked up by events between the Bendis run and his.

user...

Don't feel bad, we all have to start somewhere and often don't know better.

how many nega-bands are actually around?

Is this implying the Raptors aren't androids anymore? I had suspicions after Talonar started bleeding last issue.

I didn't buy the whole run, but I know that feel.

I was dumb and hungry for more Deadpool.

From a list someone posted on here weeks ago:

>Mar-Vell's - Used by the Kree to create the Nega-Bomb.
>Phyla's - Disappeared when she put on the Quantum Bands
>Genis' - Separated along with Genis
>Khn'nr's - Missing after his death
>Noh-Varr's - Reclaimed by the Kree. His also looked different to the others.

I don't know if this pair belongs to any of these characters, as I don't think any of them died in a spacesuit, but I imagine they'll eventually end up with Phyla due to the hints of her coming back.

spacesuit is probably just hiding the body because surprise. mar-vell's body fell on some planet after AvX.

I really wonder if the whole Soul World plot is picking up an abandoned Infinity Watch about it becoming corrupted by Kray-Tor. If so, Duggan truly knows his shit.

i think starlin resolved that one. could be the fact that goddess and magus are still in the gem.

Hide what, though? The body's just a skeleton. Plus Mar-Vell's Nega-Bands were used for the Nega-Bomb, unless he somehow had them in that one AvX arc.

he did have them in that avx arc, but since we see the costume, it would show if it was phyla's or his.

Wasn't there a pair in Waid's Avengers during the Negative Zone arc?

Annihilus was using them to open a portal to Earth

>Agent Venom joins the Guardians
>Leaves his adoptive daughter behind
>Ant-Man joins the Guardians
>Leaves his daughter behind

The guardians are a terrible influence on Dads apparently.

Cassie has a support system. She has her mother, her former teammates in the Young Avengers, Avengers and the Initiative.

Andi was an orphan living with her aunt and had absolutely no friends in the superhero community outside of Flash.

>Ant-Man on Guardians, something I've wanted for ages
>It's Lang
>It's always Lang
>Pym is dead
>Ultron is wearing his face
>No Scientific Adventurer in space
>No Ant-Man family, despite the number of characters stemming from Ant-Man being somewhere near 15 if you count Nadia, Lang's supporting cast, LMD O'Grady and the Vision family
>It's been over 10 years since Millar poisoned Pym's character development by making 1610-Pym abusive as fuck
>It's been two years since Rage of Ultron
>Still no love for a founding Avenger

I'm just...still so fucking MAD.

>Andi was an orphan living with her aunt
I don't remember her aunt at all. When was this mentioned?

And still, Drax isn't exactly dad of the year with Moondragon and Cammi

Its insane how much better Kuders art is here than it was in IvX

Right after she became Mania

Thanks. I somehow completely missed that.

Kuder was made for Cosmic stuff

I'm way behind on comics. Someone explain this whole Marvel Legacy thing?

Well she started living in the sewers after Flash abandoned her

I love how he draws these guys.

Nothing special happening, just the yearly relaunch. This time they're going back to old numbering instead of #1.

I wonder if there's going to be a clickbait article about ant-man joining Guardians Vol3. I remember toplessrobot(?) did an article about carol being the main character of the first movie and at least one company did a "Is Karen Gillan playing angela in guardians of the galaxy?" article. Hell, remember when the dumb rumor of iron-man joining the guardians in the iron man 3 post credits became popular?

Relaunch planned for October this year. Everyone hates it, and Marvel said it's now only a teaser for what they have planned in 2018

>Annihilus
Heh.

Has Duggan's run been worth reading?

If you're able to get past the initial synergy hump and realise that you're never getting exact DnA back ever again then yes.

Oh, so Spider-Man will go back to what, 700? before Superior, for example?
Wonder what they could possibly be planning.

Maybe they'll actually do what people were hoping Legacy would be and kill or at least write off most of the legacy characters.

Rich might be joining too, since Duggan replied to a tweet about Rich joining with this (and then deleted it)

But at least he confirmed new members other than Ant-Man (either Lang or O'Grady)

ASM is going to 789 or something. It's counting Superior, the secret wars renew your vows, and the other two volumes.

At this point just get rid of the original guardians and make it a revolving door team of B, C and D list heroes

>Ant-Man (either Lang or O'Grady)
It's more than likely Lang, as he's Ant-Man right now and wearing a uniform similar to what's on the cover. Plus him being a professional thief fits in with the Guardians doing heists and shit.

What exactly are Legacy characters?
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

>At this point just get rid of the original guardians
They did that in 2008.

Pretty sure Scott will get involved because of Pymtron doing his genocidal shit in space.

Jack Flag joins after the whole Negative Zone incident because it was either that or go back to being an anti-reg guy in a pro-reg world (also space medicine made him walk again).

Man why are Mantis and Moondragon still not part of the team?

God, I am so fucking tired of these butthurt DnA casuals.

They also already made it a revolving door of B list, C list, and D list characters. Like, what the fuck do you think Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon were before DnA?

Except he's not, he's stunted because some fucked up stuff happened to him with some other Groots feeding off him in some way (we still don't know how).

But he's not a baby and Duggan even said it himself, the Guardians don't treat him like a kid in his comic. The only synergy thing is him looking similar to MCU's baby Groot but that could have been an editorial or artist choice.

I am pretty sure it's a case of Duggan taking a "We want Baby Groot in the GotG comic" from Editorial and doing something interesting with it.

Music cassette loving Star-Lord is weird tho but he wouldn't make that work with 616 Star-Lord no matter what he tried.

Fuck, you got me a little hyped there with the Ultron shit.

Because Duggan wanted to avoid using Nebula, Yondu, and Mantis for the time being (but he did say he had some notes on Mantis).

Don't know about Moondragon but Phyla is involved in the soul gem plot.

I thought Lang was all "muh Cassie" and wanted to be as close to her as possible but she's old enough to not be too dependent on him I guess.

Casual spotted.

Characters who use a previous hero's name. Like Carol is a legacy Captain Marvel.

He already used Yondu in the annual

Not written by Duggan.

So was Mantis. And they both showed up to pretty much say "yeah we aren't joining". I guess Duggan let that writer establish that

>I thought Lang was all "muh Cassie" and wanted to be as close to her as possible but she's old enough to not be too dependent on him I guess.
After what he did in Secret Empire, I could see Lang deciding to go into space and deal with the planets that Pymtron demolished while claiming to represent the Avengers to try to get some redemption for both himself and the Avengers. Plus he needs some more plotlines that don't revolve around Cassie.