Why are Green Arrow's comics always so overly political?

Why are Green Arrow's comics always so overly political?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because Oliver is a bleeding heart liberal?

Because part of his personality is that he's a giant liberal and part of his concept is he's a Robin Hood analogue.

Because he's been an overtly political character since the late 60s

Because his gimmick is modern day Robin Hood, and 'rob from the rich to give to the poor' is very political in a modern context.

Does he really rob from the rich and give to the poor?
When was the last GA story about him robbing a corporate bank to give the money to people in low income housing?

Because he's based on a character that steals from the rich and gives to the poor and less well off

His entire Rebirth run thus far has been defined by him trying to stop a secretive corporate and banking society from fucking over the little guys, user.

I'm talking about actual stealing though.
Not nebulous behind the scenes espionage crap

Like breaking to houses and taking their jewellery and shit

Who's this cool-looking character in the blue outfit? Never seen her in a DC comic before.

Oh wow

I love seeing shit like this.
People were so SURE that Hillary would win

>I'm talking about actual stealing though.
Why would Green Arrow just resort to theft? Even Robin Hood, who "stole from the rich and gave to the poor," isn't defined by that. Robin Hood was about disrupting the thwarting the misrule of John, brother of the true king Richard the Lionheart while he was away from the crusades. When he stole money, he did it primarily to disrupt the plans and of the greedy and the ruling classes who were oppressing the people at the time. And even then that was a relatively minor part of the character.

In Rebirth he did kind of strongarm a wealthy couple coming home from dinner to give their lobster leftovers to a homeless guy. They were going to feed it to their dog so I guess its okay?

From what I remember for the legend he did plenty of robbing of carriages
At least that's what I remember from Wishbone and the Disney movie

I think it was since Adams' GA&GL story, putting a liberal Ollie and kinda conservative Hal together on a trip to show some of the issues contemporary to that time (this is where Hal getting lip from a black guy for protecting folks of all colours but black originated, as well as MY WARD IS A JUNKIE did)
And they aren't always political, the first GA I've read was the Brightest Day spinoff

desu it's not like it's THAT much out of place and GA has the first Trump as President in DC too
and Newsweek is a shit magazine, big surprize there

Magazines do copies of both outcomes so they aren't blindsided. Come on son.

They don't put one version out on stands before the big day though
That was the shit storm
It wasn't that they were made, but that they were shipped and sold

Oh, then they are fucking retarded.

Speaking of, who's the current President in the DC Universe? I know GA #25 or something showed Lex shaking hands with Trump, but have they actually given a name to the current President in Universe?

>Trump's skin tone is noticeably orange and unnatural compared to Lex's very human, normal-looking skin
Hahaha. What a disgusting-looking man.

It's trump.

Marvel is "no one".

I prefer comics to have their own, fictional president personally, or at the very least keep it vague. I dont think DC has stated who their president is

Most Americans are tan. Superheros light pink skin from European ubermencsh ideals.

>Marvel is "no one".
What, really?

Because liberals are physically incapable of not being political

They were really butthurt over Trump winning. Remember the Trump/MODOK and the Hillary issue of that fat heroine? (who's name escapes me)

>People were so SURE that Hillary would win
It honestly was a layup. She blew it pretty hard by not appealing to the midwest.

well he is kinda orange and Lex is pretty pale (also notice how the artist remembered he's ginger, I think only two people do that in DC)

atm I don't think it's an actual named person, last time in main DC world the POTUS was shown I think a while ago, around when Trump was elected so it was still a black dude
Superobama is still best President

I don't remember anyone ever directly stating someone by name. It's usually just Mr. President or some such and they let the appearance do the work. They never named Dan Quayle when he was possessed by a daemonite in Wild CATS in the 90s. They never named Ronald Reagan in The Dark Knight Returns in the 80s. And so on.

I don't see what any of that has to do with actual orange skin.

>the Hillary issue of that fat heroine?
Faith. That's Image comics though.

> Hillary issue of that fat heroine?

Valiant Anons. If you're gonna talk shit, at least get the facts straight.

Don't just blindly accept someone's post without research. What he neglected to tell you is that it was a third-party contractor that made the decision to print the issues and that they were only sent to a select few stores ahead of the election. Newsweek themselves would not have given in the go-ahead, but it's common practice for magazines to outsource their issues for special occasions.

Anyway, here's a picture of Hillary Clinton signing an issue.

yeah this is the issue I spoke about , i think it's from the Rebirth issue

I swear Reagan was called by name in Invasion!, but I honestly can't remember.

>Image
Really? Could have sworn that was under Marvel. My mistake then

It was more than just that.
Hillary's message of "America is already great" really didn't work. There's a reason why Obama (Change you can believe in!), Occupy Wallstreet, Bernie, and Trump all had major movements in the last 10 years.
It's because America isn't great just the way it is. People are feeling like they're getting fucked. Telling everyone it's fine while their assholes are sore isn't going to work.

Trump won because he pandered to everyone's desire to have their fuckedness recognized by someone with the power to change it.
Of course, he's not going to do fuck all to change it. But he said he would, and that's all that you need to do to be elected.

If he didn't have that gimmick he'd just be green Batman.

It's probably just Trump. Obama was on Brave and the Bold, but that's the only evidence I have to support DC making the President the President.

This post is actually really on the money

Yeah its not like he has his own distinct personality and morals which helped stand out from the surface level Batman comparisons. Go watch ARROW some more fucktard

Because that's the entire point of the character? It's like asking why are Batman's comics always focusing on investigating crimes.

>Go watch ARROW if you think Ollie is just Green Batman!
>ARROW

Obama was in Suicide Squad.

Obama was also in Kingsman, his head asplode.

I agree.

But by that token, I think Warren actually has a much better chance of defeating Pence in 2020, because unlike Hillary, she's a politician that actually advocates for change. I would be very surprised if she wasn't the Democratic candidate.

...I'm pretty sure his point is that anyone who reads the comics knows that Ollie is very distinct from Bruce and that someone who thinks otherwise probably is only familiar with Green Arrow through Arrow. The "fucktard" really makes this apparent.

That was Will Smith, you jerk. Do they all look the same to you?

Why are the Flash's comics always rooted in pseudo-science?

Who's that character third from the top on the rightmost column? His face bothers me.

Marvel often uses shadowed figures for the President, not really showing their faces. There are a few exceptions (the spider-man Obama issue) but that's the general rule

Sometimes it's obvious who it is, other times it's just a generic silhouette.

>Warren
>not Gabbard
muh politifu
But seriously I'd rather have Tulsi Gabbard than Pochahontas, although her chances of winning are slim not being a christian and all. Although she is a veteran, and some govenor slated to win lost because he doubted the service of his opponent's family so she has a chance.

Whatever takes the Republicans out of power is fine by me.

Which is why things won't get better

Hey Amerilosers, keep it Sup Forums related, will you?

It's one of the few things that set him apart from Batman.

>discussion of a political American character gets political
How could this have happened?!

Things always get better. There has never been an instance of either political party holding power for more than eight years. No matter what you do, it will always cycle back to the Democrats.

By being an Ameriloser.

That's what I mean
Framing things as a "Other guys= bad/my guys=good" doesn't lead to anything getting done because the value of the people in charge stops relying on what they do and instead relies on what team they're playing for.

But the parties are in no way equal. Republicans have built a party on deception and lies. If you were to rely on what they do, they still wouldn't be any good.

No, they're not equal.
Democrats have better PR.

If you look right down what they do, there is no functional difference.
Compare Bush and Obama's policies. At the nitty gritty functional level, there was no major changes.
Obama continued the Middle East War
Even ramped up bombings via drones
He paid billions to save the banks, car companies.

Trump is a shitty president but that's not because he's a Republican. It's because he's Trump
Don't be tricked into think Dems are saints.

Those are some fair points, actually.

I would be ecstatic if Warren ran. She has a damn good chance of winning; same goes for Biden.