HELLBOY: RISE OF THE BLOOD QUEEN Character Details

>The Splash Report‘s sources tell them Abe Sapien, Alice Monaghan, and Major Ben Daimio are on Hellboy (David Harbour) ajnd Professor Broom's (Ian McShane) side in the film, which will show them going up against the Blood Queen (Milla Jovovich). In the script, Alice is a young woman who can hear the dead, while Daimio is a serious military officer and the victim of a curse that transforms him into a bloodthirsty monster.

>Other characters in the mix are King Arthur, Merlin, the witch Baba Yaga, and Gruagach, a fairy monster and adversary of Hellboy’s. Gruagach seeks revenge against Hellboy, whom curses for his current predicament.

>The sources also added that we'll only again see the Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense, whose headquarters is now located on a snow-capped mountainside.

splashreport.com/exclusive-hellboy-reboot-script-details/

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hellboy-reboot-adds-sasha-lane-1027514
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It'll be neat to see Daimo actually meet Hellboy. Alice being a BRPD agent and having the 1950's Chinese Agent's powers is a bit odd, but its not like adaptations haven't changed characters before.

I'm looking forward to that guy as Hellboy. He was my favorite part about Stranger Things.

I absolutely loved the first hellboy, the second was less great. I bet I'll be disappointed by this new one.

Did they just merge Johann and Alice?

>Hear they are going more loyal to Mignola's universe, which Del Toro took many liberties with
>Hear they're incorporating BPRD agents I've never even read about, since I haven't read that much of BPRD
>But they're changing their origins

I mean, for what purpose? I get it, streamlining the plot but, I dunno, makes me a little uneasy.

Ben's origin is the same. it is weird that they're basing it in Colorado and switching up the timeline, since Hellboy has never been to the Colorado HQ and never met Ben. Also they're giving Alice the powers of a different agent Hellboy worked with in the fifties, which is strange. Also having him work with Ben, whose were-Jaguar thing was a secret.

I'm going to try and stay optimistic.

>Daimio, Arthur, Merlin, Baba Yaga, and Gruagach
All we need is Roger and Johann and it'd be perfect

Which is easy because Neil Marshall also did the Descent and Dog Soldiers, which were awesome. He also did Centurion, which was pretty okay.

So they're going for a NORAD vibe with the BPRD? I guess if you think about it it makes more sense to have the huge repository of dangerous monstrosities and arcana be located AWAY from Washington, the center of government of the most powerful nation on Earth.

And kate

Well, this will be odd.
But I like that we'll get Gruagach. Funny little guy.

Really, Milla Jovovich?

Thinking Neil Marshall's horror credits guarantee a decent product is what made Constantine such a grave disappointment.

The mountain base was a part of John Arcudi's BPRD run, they moved there from Connecticut pretty early in the series. It was a weird WW2 base full of occult technologies.

The tv show? Besides the pilot he doesn't really seem to have much to do with that, though for what its worth the pilot's direction was pretty unremarkable.

The pilot was so crap they changed the formula of the series to something less crap, that was still pretty crap.

fuck yeah! Love captain Daimio! Wish we could see him with Roger. I love how he influenced Roger in plague of frogs

I'd chock that more up to Goyer than anything

*chalk

If David S. Goyer was involved, then there was no saving it.

i cant tell if youre saying "really, milla, why are you taking this role" or "really, milla, why are you giving her this role" but she draws in horny nerd dollars so shes a pretty obvious casting choice for literally any comic/sci fi role from a studio stand point

Yes, really. Milla's signing up to get killed.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hellboy-reboot-adds-sasha-lane-1027514

Alice has been cast.

>not irish

ÉIREEEEE-

She isn't even a bad actress. The Messenger was great. She's just been stuck doing her husband's action shlock for the majority of her career.

i absolutely couldnt agree more. i dont think shes anythign GREAT, but shes certainly able to work well with a good script and deliver a solid performance. but her retarded husband was probably close to ruining her career

I don't really care if Alice is a red head or not but does this mean she won't have been saved as a baby by Hellboy from Celtic faeries?

Looks so much like her it's uncanny.

Yeah, why use the name of Alice Monaghan if she's not going to be the baby from The Corpse?

>irish girl kidnapped by fairies from Celtic myth
>they cast a roodypoo

Why can't we have nice things?

In any case it's good that she's working with Marshall now. He made the only halfway decent Resident Evil movie. It's called Doomsday.

Hollywood hates Gingers.

The fuck. Alice is the most Irish person possible. Like it's built in to her characters origins and destiny. This isn't Liz where her being whatever she is is incidental. Alice is from a specific time and place.

Fuckin' fuck.

>Most powerful nation on Earth

Phil Lynott and yer woman off Preacher are examples of black Irish people. Stop pretending you give a shit about Irish representation so you can further the stupid racist outrage that comes after every black casting in comic-book films.

How can you guys keep this up so soon after the Domino tantrum?

But it's nowhere near Moscow?

Fuck off retard.

A Lizzy fan? I don't really care what your point was, but you got my respect.

This cast of characters seems a little bloated

Jesus fucking Christ, why are all the redheads in comics being replaced with black people?

>what is hair dye and makeup artistry....

get a fucking grip, OP picked the worst image he possibly could to get y'all riled up.. theres plenty of pics where shes not in weird dreads and she'll be just fine.

>people keep talking about how great the hellboy movie was
>finally see it
>it's really shitty
>story is boring and predictable
>dialogue is ok at some points to contrast where it's mostly terrible
>makeup on everyone but hellboy is on point
>CGI aged like milk, but they abused it too much
>it wasn't even good CGI in its time.
>that terrible scene where he's on the roof with the kids watching that "date".

I feel like people are fucking with me on this. That movie was mediocre in its time at best and has not aged well.

I agree. They are a terrible recreation of the comics.

Well, color me cautiously interested.

Some hot opinions user, some people like stuff you don't.

I love the first one. The second one was not that good.

I bet you hated the Constantine movie too

Nah it was a thoroughly mediocre movie with a lot of charm, and Samael was really cool. The visuals actually were decent for its time, not sure what you're on about there, but obviously it's going to be a little overrated on a nerd forum, you know?

It's because the stupid fucking Jews who are most of the producers in Hollywood don't fucking care.

But I'll bet the fairies care. If I were the Jews I'd be careful screwing around with media that concerns the Fae, since of course God has withdrawn His holy covenant from them, and they're at His mercy. I'd be careful pissing off fairies if I were a Jew.

Still no Perlman?
Then I still don't care.