So he's just given up, huh?

So he's just given up, huh?

He's old. Time to retire.

I'm not sure how any of these older guys can put their names on modern Flash quality animation and look themselves in the mirror and call themselves animators. This dude worked with Bakshi for fuck's sake. Guess it's better than e-begging like John K.

he's rolling in those sweet royalty bucks from Harley Quinn, he doesn't need to try anymore

His years of work on the DCAU have pinholed him as "the DC guy", so he's unable to get any other work. Any attempts at a new TV project for DC is pointless because (besides TTG) they either can't get greenlit or, if they do air, they get treated by absolute shit by a network that clearly doesn't want them. Which means he'd stuck doing DTV movies, which are now in a schedule of "Two films set in a New 52 inspired universe and one AU film". Timm probably doesn't want to do New 52 inspired material, leaving him one film a year. Then within that small window to do anything, he can only really do Batman, because (since stepping down as overseer of all DC DTV movies) the one time he did a non-Batman movie, which was Justice League Gods & Monsters, it was the biggest flop of any DC DTV movie ever.

This is what his career has led to.

Hey, nothing lasts forever.

He's got his money. He has his renown, infamous or famous. He had his time.
And if Paul Dini's Graphic Novel and some of the interviews are indicative of anything he's been fairly reluctant about the ordeal of juggling DC and WB's interests (check out the group interview on producing Batman Beyond with Dini, Arnett and fresh faced Murakami.

I'm starting to think the DCAU was great in spite of him at this point.

McDuffie, Dini, DeSantos, Riba, these were the guys that really saved it.

Yep, and Timm got all the credit for it while these guys are mostly forgotten except for maybe Dini

This type of mindset is always so stupid.
Just because Coppola made a bunch of garbage later doesn't mean that he wasn't why The Godfather was good.
It only means that he lost his touch.

Dos Santos made a decent enough name for himself with Avatar

IMO Andrea Romano gave the whole setting its iconic and timeless voice.

Don't forget Alan Burnett, who had to clean up the mess Sean Catherine Derek made in B:TAS.

Every time I see a picture of him I think it's Adam Savage from Mythbusters

Without Dini, he's nothing.

Explain

I'd like to see him doing Marvel projects, since he's a Marvel fan, but the current state of Marvel Animation would hinder him.

Sean Catherine Derek was the first story editor for B:TAS and was the one that kept giving the stories weird pro-animal rights and pro-environment stories, which were done in a very cheesy, ham-handed way and made for some weak episodes. Derek eventually was phased out after some conflict and Burnett was brought in, starting his tenure with the Two-Face two-parter.

Is that the reason why the Catwoman BTAS episodes are complete ass?

>Hook up Lois Lane with Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne giving the impression that she really gets around when in reality she only had one relationship before Clark (Jose Delgado) and always despised Lex and Wayne.
>Cucked Dick Grayson to satisfy his own sick fetish
>Spread the cancer that is "WonderBats"
I cannot understand his need to pair "Bruce/Every women".

>After working with Hanna Barbera Productions in shows like The Smurfs and Captain Planet, Derek later worked on Batman: The Animated Series as the initial story editor for that series.
I think I can see what happened here.

If it makes you feel better, Dick cucked Ivy and dead Joker in the latest movie
But Wonderbat is shit and I hate that he made it popular

The very concept of the movie makes it impossible to be in the DCAU. I think they just wanted to make a quick buck with reused models more than anything.

I liked Gods and Monsters.

Part of it.

The other part of it is Timm and co. just being disinterested in the character in general.

A lot of people did, but that doesn't mean it was financially successful.

he should be put in charge of marvel comics along with amanda conner, gray, and palmotti.

He fell into the same rut a lot of creators fall into.

Early in their careers when they're still somewhat green, they have people who will tell if an idea is bad, and then suggest alternatives that might work better.

But later in life when they're these famous writers and directors, but stop seeing them as human beings and start looking at them like these legendary and infallible beings who can do no wrong, so people don't speak up eiter out of fear for their jobs or respect for the person in question.
There isn't anyone left willing to tell Timm that his bad ideas are bad. Worse, there are probably only kiss asses who tell him his shit ideas are good and reaffirm the choices he's making.

It's a pretty stable career though. He might not get any creative satisfaction from it, but at least it pays. Compared to many other 90s cartoon creators who are stuck doing nothing.

Which besides John Kricfalusi?

>eiter