Paranatural: Lesbian DRAMA

>the ol' Karma Konk

Other urls found in this thread:

paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-155
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is Mina brooding about big black tentacles?

Is he taking the piss at this point? What Happened with Isaac you Glass wristed twat!

Holy shit this is the second time I tried posting the thread and you beat me by a minute

Anyway those middle-right panels feel really forced

I meant middle-left, I'm really off my game today

There is literally no reason for her to get pissy at her for the text. All she has to do is excuse herself and leave some money on the table, apologise and say that she'll call her later but this is an emergency job that she needs to run and do.

But that wouldn't be drama!

clearly there's some other shit if both she and Max looked like that, thus her being freaked out and needing to leave at once. She's not mad at blind gay lady, just a hundred miles away and bad with people anyway.

Everything about the lesbian awkward romance is forced, no one but a pander-starved tumblr shill cares about this shit

I waded through 40 something pages of hit-ball to get this unwanted sub-plot forced in here so Zac could tick all the boxes on his diversity card

Plus what's her face, I don't even remember the blind bitch's name because it's been almost a year since her last page, tries to be all sympathetic about getting stood up then turns around and douches out the other two spectrals who have done literally nothing except appear twice....why am I still reading this

Because you love it, you nasty slut. You'll be right back here to complain again once the next page gets released.

>it's been almost a year since her last page
I hope you're joking.

Everyone involved with Paranatural is some level a masochist mate. Especially Zack "wrist pain turns me on" Morrison.

>paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-155
Oct 2016

it's been a minimum of t least 6 months due to his "Two updates a week, oh wait sorry guys my wrist is hungover so no new pages today call back later" release schedule, I know this because the last time I remember seeing her I was living in a different house

That's the thing, this is the first page that pissed me off enough to start posting shit, I was resigned to suffering through this in hopes Max or Isaac would eventually get to do something cool, but coming back to the diversity bingo card date while Hijack IS STILL RUNNING AROUND THE DAMN SCHOOL was the last straw

Pace me daddy!

>this page could have been used for literally anything and zack chose "lesbian drama"
>i no longer have a reason to believe that this comic isn't taking place inside of a gigantic void
>i didn't even recognize the spectral agents until some user pointed it out, that's how much the art style has degraded
remember when this was a comic about hunting ghosts

I'll be lucky if I'm still alive if Max ever gets around to even trying to get in contact with his mom's ghost

How can she see the check when she's blind?

I had stopped reading this quite a while back. Those two are STILL at that table?

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

There's been a 10 month gap in between at least. Not much else has actually happened in that time until the last page though.

>Not much else has actually happened in that time until the last page though.
What the fuck.

>alive when Max sees his mom
>not even when Max and Isaac apologize (and really befriend) each other at the end of this chapter, which is nowhere as near

>new page
nice, just let me click thOHGODMYWRIST!!!

he's not even kidding. just a few weeks ago, we all had to deal with the realization that it took an entire year for isabel & spender to sneak in & out of ms. baxter's office. zack has become utter shit at pacing, much like the mangaka he adores so much

God, what happened to him?

HOLY FUCK ARE THEY STILL AT THE GOD DAMN TABLE!? I haven't been reading this shit for like 4+ months, and when I left they were just getting to the table, THEY'RE STILL AT THE TABLE!?!?! This is GUTS IS OFF THE BOAT type shit. GAY MUSLIM IS AWAY FROM THE TABLE!

The first page of the current chapter was released in Dec 30, 2014, with the rest of the chapter supposed to be a flashback leading to the very first scene.

Now, take a look at the words in the last panel and despair at the sheer slowness of this comic's progression.

he's trying to cram too many characters and too many subplots into one chapter. constant unnecessary bullshit like the lesbian date, the notorious nonbinary backstory page, etc. combined with the fact that he takes wrist breaks or travel breaks every other week, have caused this chapter to go on for-fucking-ever.
people on Sup Forums can clearly see the decline in quality but his tumblr/twitter crowd & his artist friends keep eating it up and continue to tell him that he's amazing at making comics, which has effectively created an anti-criticism barrier for him. he would never listen to us anyway because he hates Sup Forums and doesn't want anyone on Sup Forums to be a fan of his work because he fell for the "Sup Forums/[board] is one person" meme and hates "what we stand for".
a new paranatural page used to be something i would get out of bed for in the morning but now i look forward to these threads more, since they might give me some advice on what not to do if i ever end up making my own professional creative work

>only hours have passed since 2 years and 8 months ago
>we will never have this many backgrounds on one page again
>we will never have this level of detail on a paranatural page again

So, within the comic itself, how long has it been since the beginning of the series?

Like two or three days.

like a couple weeks or something

Four days

I wanna say 4 days?
>Moving day
1st day
>Walk to school/ Ghost train day
Isabel walk to school/ Hijack/ Hitball/ Lesbian date/ hunt for Hijack

If that isn't a representation of the comics ballooning plot I don't know what is.

Three or four days. Max has known the entire cast for less than a week.

>Max has known the entire cast for less than a week.

Every single time

Why is the comic focusing on this romantic subplot of two non main characters I don't give a fuck about? I genuinely forgot. This arc has been going on for fuck long.

>Max has known the entire cast for less than a week.
Meanwhile In 2017 Mayview Isaac is 20, and the rest of the cast are 19.

I just realised we'll never get to see Isaac's overreaction to Naruto ending.

Okay, off the bat:
>Hitball should have been it's own chapter, as it had it's own three act structure
>When you have a ticking clock, you don't want to have a million fucking subplots that you're constantly cutting to, it undercuts the drama
I understand Zack wants to explore a lot of different plots, but this is not how you go about it. He wants to do all of them at the same time, because he knows if he waits, it'll be literal years before he even touches on one.

This is what one more page a week does. Gunnerkrigg court has only done 3 pages a week for the last like 8 years, and Tom is on chapter SIXTY-FOUR.

I don't read this comic but the black chick looks like a huge bitch.

I don't see how encouraging posting people's personal information on the internet based on pseudonymous tweets could possibly go wrong.

I think it's time for another pie chart because why not

Why would you make Nazi a hastag?

For attention

Is he challenging Sup Forums to meme warfare?

>black lady sticks liberals with the bill

every time

oh yeah, and he also spends way too much time on twitter complaining about "THE NAZIS" and donald trump and trans rights and other shit that nobody who follows a comic artist wants to read about

America is going insane. It's no longer a hyperbole. Americans truly need more lithium in their diet.

>Meanwhile In 2017 Mayview Isaac is 20, and the rest of the cast are 19.

Somehow I now want to see how the cast would look in present time.

This is the Weimar republic all over again. Commies and Nazis ran rampant then too.

Is this using the old canon of the comic taking place in 2008?

>canon of the comic taking place in 2008?
Is that official? I always just sort of assumed it was in the spring of the 2011 school year. When the comic began.

To be honest, considering they're neo-nazis, I don't see much wrong with that.

You mean other than the fact that you could post anyone's name and most people wouldn't know you were lying?

Ah, fair enough.

>year. When the comic began.
In one of the first pages, where Spender is looking over Max's documents, the date says 2008, but this was later blurred out

I just realized that Paranatural only makes me mad whenever a new page is up, because at this point all of it is wasted potential and there's nothing more tragic in life than it. Considering the fact that I have a huge ass backlog I don't want to waste more time getting angry every time this updates. I suggest you do the same because I see a lot of you also bitter about the state of the comic.
>see you next week
No.

tell me about this comic user.

i've seen it posted a few times on Sup Forums and in every thread the anons were just as you described.

give me the quick rundown.

I'm confused, is the blind midget's power to make people fall in love with her or is the Muslim women just gay?

I think that is her power. She made the train fall in love with someone, right?
Who fucking remembers that shit?

both

Kid can see ghosts, moves to town where other kids at his school can see ghosts, teams up with said kids and their history teacher in their club the that deals with the whacky and crazy ghosts.....by chapter 4 it becomes as badly plotted and paced as the original pre-shipuden filler arc of Naruto, though at this point we my almost be rivaling that in sheer length

yeah,that sound like garbage

It was good until about halfway through chapter 4 then it just starts running into the ground, ironically this happened to be about when he announced on twitter he wanted Sup Forums to hate his comic despite us regularly having a thread open about how good it was....that's when he started adding characters that were gay, disabled, trans like and was talking about

You've inspired me to learn how to do pie-charts.

Yup. Instead, read Unsounded, Kill Six Billion Demons, Gunnerkrigg Court, and Ava's Demon. Sup Forums seems to like them a lot, which I personally find funny because different as they all may be, they're united by one thing: Consistent updates.

Has anyone ever tried to tell Zack how poorly paced this chapter is?? Anyone??? Are people really letting him get away with nearly 3 years of filler? I don't have a twitter but I'm tempted to just message him to know when he'll plan on ending this chapter

Funny thing is he didn't make it unlikable to Sup Forums because of "muh diversity," he did it because he's a hack at pacing an-

Well I mean, I don't need to tell you, just look at it!

You're not a good writer when you force "progressive issues," Zack. That's not what makes good characters. FUCK YOU STOP GALUMPING AROUND GET TO THE POINT

If you want consistent updates, read "All Night Laundry". Started as a homestuck fanadventure, outgrew its lame-ass origins, moved out to its own website and the author updates EVERY night since they started... over three years ago. Illustrations for every update, too.

What are the odds Zack introduces a villain that's an obvious Trump caricature?

Like, I don't mind the club having an age diversity, but this brings up some problems:
1. the fact that almost all of the kid characters are of the same grade, and so happens to be in the same classes as Max. This means the perspective of the setting is more skewed to whoever's hanging out with Max (compare that to the Powerpuff Girls where the Townsville folk are often given the spotlight as much as the girls).

2. There wasn't even the subtlest of hints in visuals / dialogue prior to (shoehorned) Ch5P104 that indicate Isaac being in that grade as a possibility. His POV only took one page off the entire comic. ONE FLIPPIN' PAGE.

>B-but user, Isaac is 13 means we'll have a flashback to something heavy that happened 13 years ago!
Would it make any bloody difference had he had been stated as 12?

I wouldn't make much of a fuss about age differences if it wasn't for the fact that Paranatural takes place in of all things an American middle school...where AGE RANGE DOES MATTER.

Dammit, I screwed up some words...I meant to say:
>This means the perspective of the school setting is more skewed to whoever's in class with Max

Not gonna delete and redo my post in case other anons replied to it first...

Like, I don't mind the club having an age diversity, but this brings up some problems:
1. the fact that almost all of the kid characters are of the same grade, and so happens to be in the same classes as Max. This means the perspective of the school setting is more skewed to whoever's in class with Max (compare that to the Powerpuff Girls where the Townsville folk are often given the spotlight as much as the girls).

2. There wasn't even the subtlest of hints in visuals / dialogue prior to (shoehorned) Ch5P104 that indicate Isaac being in that grade as a possibility. His POV only took one page off the entire comic. ONE FREAKIN' PAGE.

>B-but user, Isaac is 13 means we'll have a flashback to something heavy that happened 13 years ago!
Would it make any bloody difference had he had been stated as 12?

I wouldn't make much of a fuss about age differences if it wasn't for the fact that Paranatural takes place in of all things an American middle school...where AGE RANGE DOES MATTER.

>Illustrations for every update, too
Oh, so it's like mostly just writing, like a light novel? That's pretty dumb.

>Trans rights

lol what rights? They get the same as every other citizen.

Wait, are you telling me this date, which served pretty much no point other then getting brownie points with tumblr, is finally coming to an end?

Well, I mean, I was almost always a calendar year older than some of my classmates. If Isaac was born in November/December he'd be the oldest of the class, since that's the usual cutoff for being put in school. That's not unusual.
Also, as for there not being any other kids of any age, Mayview might be a one year middleschool.
Some US schools have a separate school for 8th grade.
Already alluded to. There's a Class President who is described like Trump.

>Gunnerkrigg Court
That's mean, user. You might as well tell him to read Boku no Pico.

why are people acting like she's being a bitch to her on purpose. She clearly didn't intend for it and it's clear she's worried about Spender because of past events.

I could be wrong. But I think Isaac specifically stated he was in the the year above as the reason why he wasn't in Max's gym class.

Okay, I wouldn't know. I gave up right after Hitball, and have only been keeping up in the threads. Has this chapter been going since 2014?

Muslim lady sure, but he was talking about the black blind fatty

Remember when this comic was about a kid moving to a town and getting caught up in weird supernatural bullshit and not black muslim lesbians that nobody fucking cares about.

Even worse to argue about because she's been set up as shady since the beginning.

You know something? My favorite thing in the world is when someone takes a stupid fucking idea and makes gold with it. Whenever I hear a really high quality mashup of two incredibly different songs that should never work, but someone makes it work, that fills me with immeasurable joy. The fact that Barkley's Shut up and Jam Gaiden is a thing and a thing that is GOOD makes me so fucking giddy. When someone takes a bad idea and makes it good just by caring about it and being willing to put the work in to make it good, that's the stuff that makes life worth living.

This is the opposite. This is the darkest sadness I've ever felt, the deepest anger. This webcomic should have been a slam dunk. This was a GOOD IDEA on it's own that only needed passable execution to get by. If the jokes were still good and the plot was still good then I would be fine with the new art. But now that's been slowly ruined because they stopped caring and no one will probably care enough to go back and fix the things that went wrong.

Fuck. It fucking hurts to look at shit like this.

Sure but the hashtag isn't being used to randomly accuse people, it's just finding people who attended the white supremacy rally.

>Has this chapter been going since 2014?
Yup. Well late December 2014.

Maybe next time you don't get your picture taken at a nazi rally

I would love if Zack would just give us a fucking clue when this damn chapter will end! Unless that's the problem: even he doesn't know when it ends.

>works at fast food
>talks bad to the customer
I wonder what its like to be jobless

>tfw the best webcomic was about a depressed weeaboo and his spunky black zombie sidekick

Hacks art has just gotten progressively worse over time along with the story just being about two characters nobody gives a fuck about.

maybe it's only there to make you mad

>badly plotted and paced as the original pre-shipuden filler arc of Naruto,

The first episode of pre-Shippuden filler hell (136) aired May 25th, 2005.
The last episode of pre-Shippuden filler hell
(220) aired February 8th, 2007
That is 625 days

Chapter 5 of Paranatural started December 30th, 2014
Chapter 5 of Paranatural is currently on page 218 and it's August 15th, 2017
That is 960 days.

Chapter 5 has been taking longer than Filler Hell Naruto.

Well, to be fair, Zack goes by two pages, so ultimately that's a lot less material. Still terrible that it takes him this long. I am surprised he's only getting less than 2k on Patreon, though. I suppose this can't be his full time job

Man the entire aura thing was the worst fucking idea Zack ever had, he just keeps drawing it and it looks like the characters are stank or something.

He used to do more, but now he just milks the "Wrist" thing whenever he doesn't feel like working

Also depending where he lives you could get by on less than 2k a month, gost of living in the midwest is low

user, are you seriously naive enough to believe nobody would misuse this?