I fuckin love any example of a primarily human task force trained and equipped to neutralize and detain superhuman...

I fuckin love any example of a primarily human task force trained and equipped to neutralize and detain superhuman threats.
Any notable ones, Sup Forums?
Alternatively, what kind of gear and weapons would the average member of such an organization need to be equipped with in order to be an effective officer?

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/task-forces
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well there's The Boys if you don't mind some of the good ol' ultraviolence. They're sorta superhuman though, they use a serum to acquire super strenght and super durability.

that's actually the premise to a comic i'm working on

BPRD my man.

And probably just good gear and kit with an effective squad formation and communication system.

Literally the premise of DC's Human Defense Corps. Would kill for a return to this series someday

You don't say?

I guess we'll never know . . .

Whenever I read some supernatural/superhero story I always think "wouldn't human governments know about these evil vampires/demons/supervillain/aliens and just send a spec ops team to shoot them with whatever their weakness is or just bomb them to fuck and back?"

Yeah, and I love the idea of a superhero who has their own mooks. Too bad neither really happens in any substantial form, since both the comics industry and consumer base are autistic retards who are damn near allergic to the mere idea of logistics or anything that isn't Batman.

Marvel had code blue for a while, they were a police squad that dealt with super criminals.

Superior Spider-Man, my guy.

Wanna talk about it?

i know it's not from any comics or cartoons but the SCP's Mobile Task Force could be a good example of it
scp-wiki.net/task-forces

Stormwatch Team Achilles a comic about just waht you're talking about, and here's a warning, stop being so ding dong curious.

>"Stop being so ding dong curious"
Wha...?

>in any substantial form
Uh huh. Let me know when that becomes a full time thing, and said looks become a regular fixture of the supporting cast so their presence actually means something outside of a temporary arc.

Yeah, I do, actually. I hate that cape books seem to shy away from logistics. Exploring how a super hero's operation works is a great way to tell stories. How do they get their information? Where does their equipment come from, how does it work, and how is it maintained?
What about support staff? How come neither the Justice League nor the Green Lantern Corps have any technical staff that would be required to maintain their operations? Infrastructure, nigga! Hell, who even built the Watchtower in the first place? And don't you dare say Superman, because there's no way in hell a fucking journalist knows anything about structural engineering. Fuck off.

Why don't any of the capes who are rich and/or politicians have a team of elite guards enhanced to match their weight class with them at all times? This especially makes no sense with Wondy, since Hippolyta has been shown many times to be protective of her daughter.

It's disgusting that in an age of increasing stagnation of the medium, that most readers and writers refuse to ask these questions, when they could open up tons of opportunities. Goddamn.

I kinda want an A.I.M. comic based around this, but without heroes. Just working people and interns solving the problems in the Marvel universe. Was New Avengers anything like this?

Before I recommend BPRD, Ghostbusters, The Boys and maybe also SCP, I've gotta ask what you mean by 'Superhuman'. Do you just mean capes and people with superpowers, or do you also mean supernatural stuff?

>they use a serum to acquire super strenght and super durability.
You forgot to mention teeny tiny issue that in universe of the Boys, ALL superhumans come from this seru. Also some members like Mother's Milk were born with superpowers due to being exposed to said serum in the womb.

That's like having some Mutant Protection Taskforce be composed entirely from mutants, buddy.
Let's face it, The Boys is just an superhero comic where heroes wear ugly leather trenchcoats instead of costumes.

Mostly capes and people with superpowers, preferably.

Hey, man, chill. :'(

That's the most 90's thing I've seen all day I love it

Not Sup Forums per-say but highly Sup Forums related...

"Hi, we're here to leave you sucking air and then chip away at your HP with nigh invulnerable gun turrets and completely neuter you with spec ops cowboys and not!Gurren Laganns

Heck is that?

Me too you plagiarizing fuck.

Malta operatives from the now dead City of Heroes/Villains MMO.

They were basically a conspiracy organization that formed during the Cold War who believed Metahumans MUST serve the interests of the United States government. Or ultimately their own.

Malta's were fucking assholes for most players to fight because that guy with the blue gun there was a sapper and could basically disable any and all of your attacks via endurance (mana) drain, even if your character's original is natural and they're just a martial artist. You had Engineers who summoned floating, mobile gatling gun turret pets which didn't despawn when their summoner died, gave no rewards for being beaten, and were highly resistant to pretty much all damage except fire. Malta Gunslingers were straight up walls of damage and could fire poisoned bullets, fire bullets, ice bullets, and all their attacks were highly damaging and really accurate. And the standard operatives could either immobile you and slow your ability recharges with web grenades or flat out stun you with stun grenades.

On top of all this, see that mech in the background? It spammed high damaging AoE attacks that left DoT fields. And if there were more than one, a damaged one would then gattai to another, regaining all its HP and then become an even stronger opponent that could spam even more AoEs.

They were generally considered pains in the ass unless you had the super-reflexes defensive set.

That was a pretty awesome miniseries.

I still have PTSD episodes from when my poor Rifle/Gadgets Blaster in CoV did Malta missions, ending up drained and dropped by Malta teams.

Get out of my head, nigga.

I'm not OP, but part of what I loved about Worm (and the PRT) is that those details were there more than in a comic book. Like, they described organizational structure, some of the mooks, some of the operational minutiae. That shit is always interesting. I personally find it boner-inducing, but maybe I'm just autistic.

While you're not entirely wrong.
You opened with calling everyone autistic.
While being a fucking sperg of legendary tiers.
Dial it back, you dumb faggot, no one here was even remotely being a capefag.

Well while Superman is a genius, he's not the only member of the league who could help.
Do you also think construction workers are the ones who designed the buildings you massive idiot?

Right? Shit like funding, employee benefits, even insurance could make for fine stories. But nobody wants to do it because it would require thought.

>Do you also think construction workers are the ones who designed the buildings you massive idiot?
Do I think people who are qualified to build structures built a structure? Yeah.

And again, that in itself could be a story. Imagine the sheer amount of shit the League must've had to go through to organize that project and get it done. Like, did they somehow convince NASA to help do it? Is there a construction company somewhere that does orbital contracts? Did the GLC hook them up?

Each of those possibilities could make for a good story.

There's a difference between an architect, and the guy that pours concrete.

Who gives a fuck about the planning of a building?

Yes, I can't wait for the next justice league arc where they get building permits and draw up floor plans

Are you telling me you don't want to know what kind of overkill bullshit safeguards Lex has built into his office building?

Those seemingly mundane elements make for meaty detailing and world building that only enrich a story when used right. They're the cherries (or sprinkles if you're a degenerate) on a sundae, man.

Your point being?

Someone who's bored of every story boiling down to a plotless punch up.

Fuck you and your sarcasm. I'd read the fuck out of that.

World building =/= a meeting with the zoning board.

Superman's the guy that pours concrete. He'd absolutely help build the watchtower.

Hey man, that sounds awesome. Has to be a lull in the drama at some point.

Yeah, but again, Clark's a journalist. One still has to have some working knowledge of engineering to properly build stuff, especially when one is doing the majority of labor.

Again, he's a genius.

If you want more esoteric take on this idea, user, I'd suggest you look up Brett Lewis' "The Winter Men." It's a noir drama set in Russia sometime in the late Yeltsin/early Putin years, and it concerns the fate of both Soviet superheroes and those trained to contain them after the fall of communism.

There isn't a lot of nuts-and-bolts stuff, but the basic premise is that originally there was one Soviet metahuman, "The Hammer of the Revolution," who vanished sometime after Stalin's death. Out of healthy paranoia, all the various elements of the Soviet military-industrial complex created programs to counter him. The KGB had one, the army had one, the GRU had one, and so on and so on. Some worked with powered armor, others experimented with artificial organ that enhanced their host's abilities, etc... The black joke of the whole thing is that as the Soviet system decayed, all these counters just became pawns in power plays between various factions within the Soviet government, rather than defending against the long-vanished Hammer or going out to crack capitalist heads. When everything came to an end in 1991, all these groups just went to pot. (There's actually a flashback scene where some of the Soviet Army's power armor are deployed in Grozny in 1994, and their half-functioning, poorly-maintained suits are just torn apart in the streets by Chechen fighters.)

If only the suicide squad actually did something like this. That would be amazing.