Is there still hope for the show?

So the next episode is being written by Ryan Ridley. All of Ridley's solo episodes have been really good (Meeseeks, Lawnmower Dog, Council of Ricks, Unity). The ones he co-wrote with Tom Kaufman and Roiland/Harmon have been weaker (Look Who's Purging Now, Ricksy Business, Interdimensonal Cable 2) but even those weak episodes still have a lot of funny moments whereas the last three episodes haven't been funny at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRVosg4GQqA

Well the next episode is a Jerry & Rick adventure.

this season is great

Every episode is written by all of them. They have someone bring in a general outline script then usually completely rewrite it in a group. The mad max episode was originally about them going into books until the rest of the team got hold of it. An amazing one line was retained from that female writers first draft. If you're not baiting you're honestly retarded, congratulations.

I couldn't get less of a shit if they hire women, sjws, or trained monkeys. The male writers and Harmon have every chance to fix or completely change each script and do before it makes it to production. Sup Forums talks big shit but has no idea how the world works.

I'M WALKING HERE

That's a good joke, something the last three episodes didn't have.

I don't know man. It's held up pretty well imo.

The mad max world had some funny shit. The gimp man walking in gag I lost my shit to and I think that's pretty close to classic R&M.

Pickle Rick was just all around ridiculous dumb fun action. A pickle took down a compound full of guards.

I haven't watched the latest episode maybe you'll be right there, but I feel like this is staying pretty regular so far.

It is missing some of the darker depressing stuff it had before but that'll probably come soon.

This season's been really good & funny so far though. Seems to be its breakthrough season ratings wise too.

Also

>tfw no Evil Morticia gf

And, I feel like people have waited so long they've overhyped themselves, so now when they see something that they expected more from they're looking for any changes to blame it on.

You can't fix bandwagon contrarians OP. Doesn't matter who the writer is.

If you think Rick and Morty is going to shit I suggest just waiting until the season is over and the hype has died down after a few months then watching it at your own pace. If something's just TOO shitty you can immediately go to the next episode.

I'm surprised people didn't like the last episode. I thought it was really funny. Morty being done with ricks shit, his little stamp card. Rick taking out the big bad in a drunk blackout and the stupid twist at the end. I thought it was great.

oooo wee

>I'm surprised people didn't like the last episode.

People who watched the episode liked it. Autists who don't watch the show are just pretending not to like it.

Yeah, I'm not understanding the hate. All the episodes have been rather fun, but they don't ignore all the festering issues going on in the family. I also like how they don't completely reset Morty's personality every episode.

One of my friends keeps complaining about the gore. I think she misses the point that the show is trying to drive home right now that Rick is NOT the hero and may very well be the main antagonist all along in a story about Morty.
Ricks giving less of a fucks because he's overestimating his control now that the galactic federation AND the council of ricks are gone AND Jerry.

>I think she misses the point that the show is trying to drive home right now that Rick is NOT the hero and may very well be the main antagonist all along in a story about Morty.

We got that from the first episode. They don't need to keep doing it, make funny jokes instead.

>be "roastie"
>watch season 3 expecting a shitshow
>find it about as funny, 6/10, as I ever did
>enjoy it
Fuck.
I bet the memes were all right and I am some god damned piece of shit agent of a garbage hivemind of evil whores.
Fuck.

>be "roastie"

I'm having less hope for this season. It seems to just be defaulting to random violence instead of humor.

>implying there's a single fucking fag in Rick and Morty threads that isn't an /r9k/ Sup Forums cross poster
Don't be a coy little cunt, you weaselly fuck.

same

>try to tell shit joke that self -deprecates and riffs on established notions of gender within your niche community
>fuck it up
>even the other autists hate your guts
I guess I'll go back to watching cartoons everybody else hates.

So it's like Simpsons then? They once told that each episode is written in a group, and sometimes the Writer is credited just cause it's his turn.

Yes, its just the memesters who are upset.

i mean i dont hate the show i love rick and morty
i just start laughing at "roastie" so hard i never can read past it

>The mad max episode was originally about them going into book
Would have been cooler desu.
Fucking sick of references.

>i just start laughing at "roastie" so hard i never can read past it
I do too. I think it's funny because only the creepiest weirdos obsess so much about autistic terms for vaginas and shit. If normal or sane people think about that they don't share it even anonymously. It's fucking weird and kinda crazy.

I just watched the latest episode.

Holy shit what a Ghost train wreck.

I didn't think anything could top how bad episode two was, but this was literally an episode with zero humor, and not even as good as action as the farce that was Pickle Rick.

They should have ended the show when they had the chance, the premise of "Rick is a douchbag." is an old hat now. The punchline to every joke is the same. The bait and switch that Rick actually cares is the same. We get it, the joke's not funny anymore. The show has basically turned into Superjail level of shock gore and violence, with a raspberry twist of emotional abuse.

>First episode was GOAT
>Every episode after it was meh

If they drop the ball with evil morty I'm calling this season a dud

The real joke is that this is the highest view season yet because of how good it is and all the asshurt threads don't change that

>View = good.

Million flies, etc, etc...

The real award there goes to the marketing team, not to the writers or the show itself.

>viewcount = show quality
???
We're only four episodes in, letdowns and false hopes exist.

Well popularity doesn't equal quality, but my friends who have been watching the show from the first season like this season fine and a lot seem to think it's the funniest it's ever been, Sup Forums is the only place I've heard any complaints. As for me I don't see any diffrence either way honestly.

>The amount of people taking their time out of the day to watch a show they're not forced to for entertainment week after week =Quaility
It's tv user. The more people that watch it, the more are in agreement that its worth watching. 1 million people saying something is good outweighs 10 shitposters

The more dumbed down it is, the more people will like it.

I'M PIC*UUUURRRPP*KLE RICK! HAHAHAHA!

No, it's pretty normal to make fun of common bodily flaws people see, ie "curl-bro", "neckbeard", "manlet", etc.

It's just when it comes to vaginas that you get triggered and insecure. Just remember that when guys want to see a roast beef sandwich, they'll go to Arby's instead of you.

Tell that to Firefly you PLEB.

>really good
>lawnmower dogs, unity

>Autists who don't watch the show are just pretending not to like it.
Most pathetic post I've read on Sup Forums in a while

Objectively wrong opinions

i don't accept bland as good
i only want good things
if you want a mediocre show good for you , but i will called it for what it was , a borefest of episode.

Congratz on being an outlier

Except people who use any of those terms are retarded pathetic spergs, too. I laugh and stop reading when I see any of those.

>P-pass me the buuuurp w-wrench on that table Morty, and the g-god buuuurp.

What did he mean by this?

That's called getting triggered.

Do you want me call them pissflaps instead? Less mean?

I always wondered if "god" in Rick and Morty had the same deal as Mr. Needful/Satan in that he's just a dude Rick hates.

Sooooo
Anyone got the not-so-thinly-veiled mention in the not!avengers episode about Rick browsing Sup Forums OS something?
He does pray occasionally in desperation, like when he needed the collar to save himself
His superiority complex and nihilism just gets the best of him in the mundane life

>Rick giving unsolicited opinions on Israel
Really activates your almonds

>He actually believes that damage control nonsense

Hope for the show..?

Everyone fucking loves this show and everyone watches it, fuck off nerd.

Gore iant funny. Watching a dudes dismembered legs fly around for 2 minutes wasnt funny. Seeing Ghost Train explode wasnt funny.

This is Family Guy shit.

I'm watching the episode right now. This is so unbelievably bad. What the fuck happened?
>"It bothers me that these people don't like us"
This isn't just a dip in quality-- it's a totally different show. This blows so much.

If you mean the Israel thing, that's not really a Sup Forums thing. A lot of liberals and left-wing sorts hate Israel or at least its government's policies I should say. The big argument is always whether hating Israel makes someone anti-Semitic (even if the person critical of Israel is Jewish which does happen...including in Israel itself, like a lot of Americans yell about America and hate its government).

It was just a shit episode
Literally the only good joke was when 1m ants told ghost Train he was 1m times better in bed

Damn

In what way is it totally different? Just asking

>about going into a book
>thinks that wont result in even MORE references

>Is there still hope for the show?

I'm gonna give it a soft yes.
I like the current season, but I understand when you guys say or talk about how it's dipped in quality, because although I can't quite put my finger on it- I've been noticing the show having a little less of that... 'charm' it had in the other seasons.

I'm still excited for the new episodes and I'm gonna watch them all like a good little boy, but I'm not finding this new season as, say, offensive as what happened to samurai jack.
It's alright, maybe the whole shift in writers has them trying to do things differently while still retain creative integrity (I.E: funny) or maybe they're just gearing towards this being the last season and you can't just look at every episode individually 'cause it's leading up or something.

I dunno!

>All of Ridley's solo episodes have been really good
>Meeseeks
>good

I'm gonna stop you right there amigo. Those shrill blue dildos had as much comedic impact as a Family Guy episode.

>being so contrarian you think meeseeks and destroy wasn't one of the best episodes of the show
Rick and Morty fans deserve this shitty new season

No, as they say, "resisting will only make thing worse"
Just walk away, no way to fix it, most people are doing this, hopefully, if it get low ratings it will die before another awful "progressive writing team" season.

I'm my heart, S3E1 is the canonically ending of the series.

It's the same as it's always been. Some of the shit is just getting old and feeling repetitive as time goes on.

However the ratings for this season are the best they've ever been. S3 Rick & Morty ratings are through the roof. So whatever they're doing this season they'll want to do it more. Even though the show is actually just the same.

Which line?

I like the meeseeks episode because I could empathize with someone whose life is constant pain.

:*^)

>an execution
the ep will be the same unfunny shit as before

It's just such a shame that there was an arbitrary change in writers that ended up hurting the quality of the show so badly.

The season also has 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and every episode thus far has gotten an "A" from the AV Club
So the chances they'll listen to a bunch of asspained anime avatar misogynists is none

Maybe we'll get lucky and Dan Harcuck will get kicked off the show like he got kicked off community.

Roiland is looking for an escape already.

I still think Meeseeks is the best of all Rick and Morty-episodes
I love how both the A and B-plot reach their climax at the same time and the way it was directed

The Purge episode was weak because they knocked it out in a half hour at the last minute because they couldn't figure out how to get Rick out of jail (which was originally supposed to be the S2 finale but became the S3 premiere)

I mean I'm not , I'm crouching in an elevator shaft

BUT HEY...I'M WAAAALKING HEREEEE

But is it actually meant to be funny? Cause I don't think it is. I think the whole point is to make us question why we have been viewing Rick as the hero of the story so far when clearly, it's Morty.

into the fucking trash you go

Yeah, right? I don't see how anyone enjoyed that last episode. There wasn't a single funny thing in it.

And what happened with the end of Season 2. Wasn't all of Earth open to intergalactic travel now? That would've made for a much more interesting season than this boring therapy plot.

>pandering to demographic who are sick of pandering to demographics

I can't help but feel this is missing the point.

I think Jerry is going to beat the shit out of Rick towards the end of the season.

You've got
>Rick being self-destructive and thinking everything is bad and meaningless
and
>Jerry being a sniveling coward who does the right thing for the wrong reasons
If the show has actual character development, instead of just maintaining the "Rick is right about everything and always wins and nothing ever changes" status quo for the rest of the show's run, both of these people are going to undergo development. Rick's obvious path involves him losing and having his worldview challenged, Jerry's is him growing a spine and becoming a legitimately good person. The meeting point between these is Jerry somehow managing to pull one over on Rick and get back into Beth's good graces, with an actual fight being a good way to illustrate Jerry overcoming Rick.

>new season of breakout popular show
>people are watching it
>they somehow know it's good before they've watched it
woow flawless logic there cumstain
your friends are redditor dipshits
I watch the show, I just have higher standards than you. Try eating dogshit some time, I think you'll love the taste.
but that's a unique premise that would actually be interesting and break the status-quo, we can't have that

>hat's a unique premise that would actually be interesting
Yeah, but isn't it weird that it was just completely dropped? Especially when that's the big note the second season ended on?

>There wasn't a single funny thing in it.

>pretending they were going to go the emotional drama route with Rick's dumb ride and then bait and switching, making it about Noob-noob
>a pile of sentient ants fucking a lady
>making fun of Superhero babies by stating that yes, a half-ant pile half universe baby wouldn't work
>Million Ants Man continuing to make three pointers
>the dead minions were all posed so they were blowing eachother
>Rick and Morty being on a classic super team in the first place
All pretty solid jokes

>1 dead thread
So is R&M kill?

Maybe

What you listed are setups, not jokes.

Lol, what a cunt. Roiland seems like a normal and fun guy, no wonder that he wants to get out.

They're gags, which are technically jokes.

they are also shit jokes

>And what happened with the end of Season 2. Wasn't all of Earth open to intergalactic travel now?
To be fair all the aliens left and probably took all the equipment for sci-fi space travel with them. But for some reason knowing about all that stuff did not change things on Earth at all.

the best thing was how the meeseeks couldnt help jerry due to his concept of simplicity. he believed that 2 strokes off his golf game was simple because it is a small number, but the specific number made it hard for the meeseeks to help. he could have become a pro at golf if he asked but since he only asked to get better by 2 strokes they had to help him get better but not too good.

Meeseeks was great. It wasn't constant laughs, but it was way smarter and funnier than what we've gotten recently.

The joke wasn't the specific number, it was that Jerry was bad at golf and wasn't capable of learning something so trivial, even though the Meseeks were able to help out with much more complex issues.

What's so good about Tick and Morty? Is it the obnoxious yelling every five seconds just in case the retards watching it have something to laugh about?

>I'm a retard and didn't watch it
lame troll

I've watched the first two seasons, and only enjoyed, like, two of them. So fuck off.

I know right? Women are funny!! Get over it!!!!!

>Unity

>I watched two seasons of something I didn't like

I liked the vindicator's episode. I laughed at some parts.

Clever dark humor in the first season

/co always does that, look at what happened with samurai Jack, and it will happen again when Young Justice comes back.