Now that Ashi's dust has settled, what does everyone think of Samurai Jack season 5?

Now that Ashi's dust has settled, what does everyone think of Samurai Jack season 5?

I liked it for reasons.

the dust has not settled, wait till it has.

I know it's a buzz phrase but it really was better than nothing. First three episodes were masterful and while nothing afterwards was up to par, it was still alright. I couldn't help but feel that every episode after the first four, yes I'm including four despite it being the start of the decline, used its time really poorly. I thought about how embarrassingly bad Ashi's death was handled when we had half an episode dedicated to Jack chilling with a wolf that didn't feel poorly paced at all.

Not Good

The dust will never settle.

Personally I've come to terms with it, and am perfectly happy with the AU I got out of it.

But it seems that people are going to keep making these threads, so just keep kicking up that dust I guess.

DUDE WITHOUT AKU I NEVER EXISTED LMAO

>How does it feel?
>How does it feel to have someone you love RIPPED AWAY FROM YOU??

it basically proved that genndy is a good animator but needs other writers because he kind of sucks at that.

I was so annoyed with all the goddamn spam and omega spoilers in op pics that I didn't bother watching it

It had a lot of good points, and some of the ideas were fresh and interesting. I feel the conclusion was rushed and lacked emotional depth, however, which left me quickly forgetting about the season.

I didn't like it as much as I would have hoped, but it was great nonetheless.
Flawed as fuck, but great nonetheless.
I admit I went through a period of denial about the show's quality, trying to justify just about every single flaw, but now I see them as the missteps they are. I still defend the show when I feel its due, even if I have my own complaints.

MUH POWER OF LOVE LOL

This basically

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the final season, and I'm happy that the series got to end on the creator's terms. Not a lot producers can say that.

Echoing this. Certainly could have been much, MUCH better, but I went in expecting horse shit and ended up with a killer start and a middling ending. Frankly, I just wanted closure, and that's what I got. Childhood Me can rest easy knowing that Jack did, indeed, get back to the past.

Ashi Best girl

I'm let down by how all most people have to say on the matter settles along the lines of 'it was good for what it was worth' 'I thought it was okay' or 'at least it ended'. one would think the bittersweet intent of the finale would stem from the characters doing their thing and the writing's effect, not from something as banal as the show reaching its closure.

It's because the finale played out like it's entire purpose was to end the show as quickly and neatly as possible, and it ended up being a poorly-paced letdown. I'm not that disappointed in what actually happened, only how it did. Everything good about the finale was negated by something bad, and it just left me, alone with many other people, feeling "meh".

Surprisingly good.

People think it jumped the shark after the third episode but truly it was after the 2nd.
Also Assi sucks and I can't get emotionally invested in
>lmao even though Aku has been dead for days, I'm going to pick this moment for the timeline to correct itself

I fucking genuinely would've preferred if Jack just cut Aku up and the moral was a cliche don't dwell on past failure, change your future with success. In essence Jack killed more people than Aku by invalidating their existence. Even if causality allows them to "exist" again, they are fundamentally different individuals.

>Jack travels through time
>removed from timeline and is unaffected by age and you can assume other time effects like killing baby Jack

>Ashi does the same thing
>IS affected

Pisses me off when writers pick and choose when to apply their own time travel rules.

First three episodes were good, the rest was poorly paced (and not just in comparison).

I was ready to enjoy this -- it was a conclusion to part of my childhood -- but it felt... off. Maybe it all went as intended and nothing went wonky in the production or writing room, but everything after those three eps felt flat and forced, imo.

>agagagaga

Never liked Samurai Jack, so I loved the first three episodes. Because they were nothing like Samurai Jack. Then all the Samurai Jack bullshit took over and everyone got what the wanted - An overhyped kid's show with all the contrived clichés that come with it.

Now the real question is - Who wrote the first 3 episodes?

The way I've looked at it is similar, though a lot less cynical. The first three episodes are essentially what a lot of people had built up Samurai Jack to be in their heads (whether it be from not watching the show in over a decade or mainly remembering certain stand-out episodes). Episodes 4-10 then are closer in tone with what most of the original show actually was.

I'm glad the story was finished. But the ending seemed really rushed. I feel bad for Jack though.

I don't really understand the ending. Why did Ashi hang around so long after Aku was defeated? It would have taken months for Jack's old friends to travel to Japan from places like England and Africa, but Ashi lived in Japan the whole time while they were planning the wedding. Did she persist because of some residual magic from the circumstances of her conception? Aku's magic, as a final fuck you to Jack? It doesn't make sense that Jack could keep his memories of a future that never will be, but Ashi can be erased, but not for weeks or months after Aku's death.

Ashi ruined everything. For a show that deifies Akira Kurosawa they sure as hell could take some pointers, I don't remember Yojimbo wandering around with a girl in tow.

Soon. August 21....

since that Star trek episode Inner light.

It was mediocre. It's not even fun to roast like Korra, it's just kind of there.

Will people even remember Season 5 was a thing a few years out?