ITT: Post characters that are 1000x better because they were blackwashed (or another race)

ITT: Post characters that are 1000x better because they were blackwashed (or another race)

Gospel muses was a fantastic idea.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-figure_pottery
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sCoJvu8PF7Q
m.youtube.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Michael Clarke Duncan Kinpin was great.
But then again, Michael Clarke Duncan was great in general.

You never went to a black church before?

It really was an inspired (heh) idea

what did you mean by this? the greek muses have always been depicted as white so it's a race bend

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-figure_pottery

your dad

>greeks
>white

That makes it even more clever. The greek figures were painted as black figures on the pottery, so they made the muses on the pottery black women and made them sing gospel.

absolutely pottery

Absolutely loved them
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sCoJvu8PF7Q

I wouldn't necessarily say he was 'better', since MCU side-characters are pretty cookie-cutter, but I doubt anyone could have done a better job than Idris Elba as Heimdall.

I liked black Nick Fury and black Ben Ulrich in the live action Marvel stuff. That's about all I got off the top of my head.

I didn't like black Heimdall or asian Hogun because it ruins the whole nordic viking theme and I also didn't like the fact they're just aliens in the movies with advanced tech and lasers

Tons of greeks are white have you seen their sculptures?

underrated

This tied the bow on the joke so perfectly

hohoho

>m.youtube.com/

We don't like your kind.

Fucking Carlos.

Fun fact:
Greek sculptures weren't actually white, but were painted very colourfully. However the colours went away with time, so when the Romans later came and tried to copy the aesthetics of ancient Greece, they thought the sculptures where supposed to be white.
And that's why Roman sculptures are white.

I thaught Roman statues had colours too?

also checked

castle walls also had really garish paintings on their rooms where people would live or have parties

Hogun's always been Asian though

I thought the "archaelogists" just washed them off because they thought the colors looked stupid.

Bane.
A Latino could never pull off a Sean Connery impersonation like that.

Actually he was Pierce Brosnan. People assume he was Asian because he's a squinty fucker and ther assumes he roamed in from Mongolia rather than New York.

>Charles Bronson

I just realized it was a visual pun on "Greek Chorus".

Hey ma. Howsabout some cookies?

This guy started everything.

Scrape and lick

Isn't the same theory applied to the painted statue of ceasar (iirc) who had red hair and blue eyes?

Well obviously not ceasar since he was roman. I don't remember the man in question

You're both right.

The Romans definitely painted their statues. The Greeks actually preferred to make statues from bronze, which is why many of them were melted down into coins. But it's fair to assume that they also painted their statues.

t. somebody whos never read any comics
badass WW2 secret spy Nick>Sam L Jackson

Greeks are asians

Hogun's clothing are clearly Mongolian.

What even DOES count as white anymore?

Aryans

Greek here
I don't call it a blackwash since in ancient texts they sing the songs about muses and you find tons of lines complimenting their black hairs and black eyes. So I don't think muses were meant to be blonde blue-eyed pale girls, but rather olive brunettes

Do Greeks even have blonde blue-eyed white chicks?

Yep, every time I go to the British Museum.

We do have some but they probably have some Germanic blood in them and are not very native

>they probably have some Germanic blood in them and are not very native
I don't buy that, because even in ancient times, there were a couple of descriptions of blonde hair in Greece. I think genome research has confirmed it's been a minority there for centuries.

yeah it's pretty impossible to apply modern racial structures to people who lived thousands of years ago

>blackwashed
>implying the ancient Greeks weren't black
Fucking ofay.

I agree straw coloured hair* (not light blonde) is native here, but not blonde+blue eyes

Like this

>ofay

>ceasar

WE
WUZ
PEDOPHILES

Isn't hair color predominantly decided by the climate you live in?

Finding Italians or Spaniards with blonde hair is almost impossible (not to mention it would look horrible).
Heck, even if you're blonde as a kid, a lot of people get a brownish pigment by puberty if they live anywhere reasonably distant from the North Pole.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar

>Howsabout

>and ther assumes

Bless my soul, jerk was on a roll, asshole of the week in every Sup Forums opinion poll

Does that mean Hercules is Jesus?

Comics Bane is half-British on his father's side.

No Dice

Fun fact: The gospel muses are the first named black characters in a Disney animated movie since Fantasia.