/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

/swco/ Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Adventures in Wild Space #4: The Darkness (Aug 15)
Star Wars #34 (Aug 16)
Poe Dameron #18 (Aug 16)

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

What is she, /swco/?

>When the Death Star was destroyed, about half of the 501st Legion was still in the hangar getting to their ships. Of those who made it out, another third were caught in the explosion. I'd fought with some of those men for over twenty years. Afterwards, those of us that survived hooked up with a nearby Imperial fleet making a retaliatory strike on theRebel's baseon Yavin IV. It wasn't the best thought out plan, but we were cut off from our leaders, tired, and operating on instinct. If not for our training, we probably would've never gotten past their orbital defenses.

>And so the battle over Yavin came to an end. I'm told we destroyed hundreds of Rebel ships that day. Even if it had been thousands, it wouldn't have made up for the Death Star.

watching a few light saber fights. Someone explain the force in combat to me. Is it used in a way that the Jedi/Sith can look a few seconds into the future to predict reaction/counters? Basically trying to thinking hundreds of steps ahead in order to move the opponent into a position they can't dodge/block?

Most of the force is used to not cut your limbs off accidentally while focusing on cutting your opponent's limbs off.

A sad and overused meme posted by an autist?

this one is fine. it's one post every thread
way better than forced ss

Sort of. It's more intuitive than just "oh, I see he's about to do X, so I'll do Y" so it comes across more as fast reflexes than literal future predicting. I don't think it's something they stop to think about and just kind of react the way the sense they should.

He'll never get ahead in life

>there was canonically a galactic republic that was around for 25000 years
>it was replaced by another galactic republic that was around for another 1000
>all because of some dumb shit Obi-Wan says in ANH that is contradicted by Palpatine in AOTC

Anyone else think this is fucking retarded?

wtf i like Asians now

Reylo is love
Reylo is life

Even now, I fail to understand the hype for the character.

possible love interest for best boy, who, quite frankly, deserves some happiness after what jj did to him

There's no hype, people just like her. She's fun.

She's a female cross of Han Solo and Indiana Jones with smarts, selfishness, highly flexible morals, and brief moments of loyalty. And a great ass.

do these threads expand past just comics and cartoons for star wars? i'm playing kotor for the first time and while i enjoy the gameplay and strong dialogue, the history just makes no fucking sense. 5000 years before the movies and the setting is completely indistinguishable from the movies, which isnt how civilizations work at all. and even further, it's implied it was this was for 25k-30k years.
is there any material in any medium that actually makes sense of the shit worldbuilding?

Does Rebels get better with more seasons like clone wars did? i'm about to finish the second season and i'm not really enjoying it all too much.

This is pretty much the Star Wars General of Sup Forums, we talk about everything here, and yes that is a complaint that's often brought up about KOTOR and is in fact noticed and actively being avoided by Lucasfilm themselves.

the black sun got your back /swco/

it's really hard to put my autism aside for such massive timespans across all sorts of star wars works. i guess i can try, but fuck. it's no star trek that's for sure

>they finally admit these worthless generals are ghost towns

inb4 the "these threads are comfy" excuse

If you go into Rebels expecting The Clone Wars, you're going to be disappointed. It's a different show, at a different time, with a different focus, and different themes.

To be fair, KOTOR was written by an illiterate rube who neither liked nor understood anything about Star Wars, so you don't need to be apologetic for being shocked by the startling contrast between it and basically everything else.

They were, until this shieldgate fag showed up

Who still wants to fuck Ahsoka?

i want to do things to her feet

these threads are comfy

Gross. They should keep their helmets on.

It is significant that after his arrival the amount of shitposting in this general increased from 1/3 of the thread to 3/4 of the thread.

I do, but only if she's above the age of 30.

new thread new day for the master race

it had to be sand

Forget KOTOR and read Tales of the Jedi instead.

I mean i never expected it to be like the clone wars with epic battle or anything. Maybe i'm struggling to connect with the characters Hera and Kanan are probably the only characters i like.

Satan blesses your post, thus young Ahsoka is the only holy option.

Adult Ahsoka is underrated

Fuck.

And here I am working with the ISB like a sucker

I've been seeing mixed feelings about Inferno Squadron, has anyone here read it yet?

why did Lucas change his mind about Jango being Mandalorian?

Where and when did George Lucas ever state, claim, or insinuate that either Fett was Mandalorian?

I thought this was because of a toy, and not Lucas

every time you forget about me i return

boba fetts totally a mandalorian

dis he not originally create the concept of mandalorians with Boba?

haha no

>put on armour "I'm a Mandalorian I hope my dad love me"

He said that Boba Fett wears the armor of the Mandalorian Supercommandos, who fought the Jedi since time immemorial, but does not detail how he acquired it nor imply that that Fett himself is such a supercommando nor that he has ever fought a jedi.

No. It's more or less as Obi-Wan describes to Luke during his own training. The Force more or less kicks your reactions and reflexes up to and past 11 to the point where strikes, thrusts, and such can be parried and returned right back, almost regardless of how fast the opponent is. It's the kind of skill you'll want in a hyper fast kendo or fencing match. Instead of simply testing and breaking through the enemy's defenses as is much more traditional, the Force allows combatants to remain at engagement distance for as long as they can until one or the other makes a fatal misstep. That's kind of the reason why to most it looks like a flailing dance than any sword fight they might see in real life - historical or contemporary: because it's meant to be miles beyond that. The Obi-Wan and Maul duel in TPM is a pretty good example of this, whereas their duel in Rebels takes the concept a bit further, blending the high octane of the lightsaber duel with more traditional swordfighting.

Precognition is not an active ability but a passive one, achieved only in sedentary.

I'm the furthest thing from a mando or bobafag but that just seems like splitting hairs 30 years too late to me

Boba Fett reused scrapped designs for Mandalorians developed during ESB's production, but it was never said he was one

here's a couple pages from the "The Empire Strikes Back Sketchbook"

Anybody got Tales of the Jedi? Seems like the mega doesn't have it.

Noone ever claimed he was Mandalorian, even in the EU, until after Jango Fett was revealed and the Dark Horse comics gave him a backstory as an adopted Mandalorian in Jango Fett: Open Seasons in 2002, so that's 22 years after the fact that a connection was made by fans, and it took a further 7 years for George Lucas to make explicit in TCW his intention to dispel that notion.

If they removed one zero from the dates legends timeline, would you all be more willing to believe the progression?

And here's the description/history blurb from the back of an old Boba toy from around when ESB came out(If I'm not mistaken)

>Mandalore supercommandos
>Evil

Jedi propaganda

That toy's actually from the Kenner Power of the Force (2?) series from the early 1990s (1994 I think), preceding the release of the Special Editions of the original trilogy. Still relevant though.

yeah I knew it was something older than the PT just forgot how old

also checked

it matters not the word have been spoken, you shall rile the mandofags for me!

I'm amazed at how much of this made it into TCW and Rebels, which is pretty much all of it.

Post Reylo. What's your favorite ship?

This one

Nice.

What is a shieldgate user?

user and his waifu

I bang Porg.

Lewd Content Warning: best boy INSIDE best girl

>1 minute apart
are you even fucking trying

Blue

All this image needs is Mace in the background, facepalming.

More! Grievous is my waifu!

>no irises
>no forehead ridges
>no indented cheeks

Kay.

I'M GONNA MARRY MY WAIFU AND YOU'RE ALL INVITED TO THE WEDDING

LOOK ELSEWHERE BOYS, THIS HOT PIECE OF ASS IS OFF THE MARKET!

I'm calling it now: At the end of this day,we'll have a new SWCO thread.

SWCO is dead like Star Wars. How much time is left till The Mouse will buy us?

Pretty bold claim considering there's less than 3 hours left in the day, but given the rapidly decreasing quality of this particular thread already I wouldn't be surprised if it were pruned.

To say the truth,I think is more alive than ever.
I'm going to the Dark Side.

Post more of this.

We deserve to.
This general has no purpose and hasn't since the last episode of Rebels aired
No airing show=deleted general
That's how it should be and that's how it works for almost every other series except this one

Did I won?

Nice ship.

Woohooo!

Post Reylo you traitor!

The loophole is that SW has comics coming out virtually every week, so the "SW COMICS and cartoon" thread has no reason to perish while Rebels is off-season.

>comics constantly coming out
>general allowed on COMICS and cartoons

Marrying royalty, nice

Best ship. But why does Padren get no love?

Not him, but it would be fine and dandy if the comics were actually discussed instead of the current content.

>No airing show
Sorry mate, but comics coming out nearly every week, with the occasional book, official news, or released rampant speculation on movies is more than enough to keep it going. Sup Forums has evolved past mindless hatred of generals, do try to keep up.

We just need to ban this reylo fag and we'd be fine. He's so obviously samefagging, his posts are exactly one minute apart, it's fucking ridiculous

But user,the comics are boring. The current content is better,right?

Working on it...

>Padren
I assume one is Padme, who's the other?

>i cant spell /swco/

[/Spoiler] I like Porgs

Ctrl+s
Hownew.ru

Kylo Ren.

He still hasn't learned how to spoil.

>Kylo Ren.
Hmmmmmm. No.