Why was Spider-Man Homecoming such a colossal fuck up?

>worst 2nd week B.O. drop for any MCU movie
>grossed less than the 'Amazing Spider-Man' movies despite the MCU hype and Iron Man inclusion
>will gross nowhere near as much as the Raimi trilogy despite 3D and IMAX ticket prices

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/spider-man-homecoming-promotional-campaign-140-million/
forbes.com/sites/robcain/2016/04/06/was-the-400-million-warner-bros-paid-for-batman-v-superman-a-good-investment/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

three spider-men in one decade

>tfw we're gonna have this same exact thread at least every week for the next couple years

>More profitable than both ASM films, Man of Steel and BvS
>Over $100 million more domestic than AMS2
>Highest grossing MCU first solo film
>Has to carry the weight of three shitty movies made before it
>All of this in a month without China

Nice try you falseflagging DCuck

>Domestic box office already surpassed both TASM films
>Barely coming out in Japan and has yet to release in China

And this is how you kill a bait thread.

Spider-man is boring

$702 million without China is a flop?

I wouldn't be shocked if China pushed it to $900 Mil.

All of this.

I just googled how it was doing and it impressed me how well it's doing. Also it had the best MCU villain.

has Spider-Man HC falseflagging become a meme or something now? i feel like this is the weirdest bait to keep forcing

I like how people have to add in "drop" to heavily evade the fact that it's in the top 10 highest opening MCU movies

MAYBE BECAUSE LIKE THREE OTHER BLOCKBUSTERS CAME RAGING OUT OF THE PEN IN THOSE WEEKS FUCK

It's just upset batfags that their franchise went too stale while Spider-fuccboi keeps doing great, even with the power of MCU.

Read, though, I said Batfags, not even DC fags, they're too happy (and deservingly so) with WW being a big success to shitpost about Marvel films

>They went with Tom Holland who does not care about or understand Spider-Man at all.

>Then they went with kiddie spider-man which has been shown to not be the best part of the story to tell and we've had too many times already.

>Spider-Man is the web that holds the Marvel universe together, they don't get this and can't properly connect all the dots so they didn't infuse Spider-Man into this universe correctly.

I love how people judge the quality of something based on how much money it made. If people got their money back if they thought the movie sucked, this movie would be even more of a flop.

Black MJ.

If you know anyone who's done this they deserve to be ridiculed and spit on at the very least. Thats faggot behavior.

really tingles my spider sense

>Then they went with kiddie spider-man which has been shown to not be the best part of the story to tell and we've had too many times already.
We've had 1 movie where Peter was in high school the entire time and it was pretty bad.
Raimi-man graduated after the powers montage and Webb's Peter was in college for TASM2.

We've yet to see high school Peter for an entire good movie. Factor in the ages of every hero in the MCU and high school Pete was really the only way to go.

what is with the influx of teenagers here? fuck off you faggot fuck. im guessing you're the faggot saying wolverine isn't necessary in the dark phoenix thread?

>700+ already
>not even china yet
can dcucks ever leave the suicide watch ???

800 is more realistic

>disagree with someone
>assert they're young/younger than you
Is there a worse form of argument? I haven't been a teenager for several years, nor have I posted in any Dark Phoenix threads yet.

Dr. Strange had tougher competition.

>I haven't been a teenager for several years
I should try to remember that if someone's 20 they likely never saw the Raimi films when they came out. I'll have to update that. You're still likely a youngfag based on that response and I'll still assume you didn't see them Raimi flicks until years later.

>Peter Parker had delicious black girls thirsting after his dick

Nothing went wrong.

Anyone who's twenty now would have been five years old when the first Raimi film came out, jackass.

Early/mid twenties are what Raimifags usually are anyway because they were young when those films came out and thus they're huge fucking nostalgia fags.

I'm 26 and saw each of them in the theater for my birthday, since they came out 1 to 3 days after. I loved the Spider-Man cartoons growing up, all 4 that I watched, and my dad was excited to take to me to see those movies because he watched 2 of those cartoons and read Spider-Man comics growing up.
I even had the special Spider-Man 2.1 UMD PSP bundle. I love those movies, even 3 for all its problems. The only movies I've watched more times than Spider-Man 2 are the original Star Wars trilogy, Jurassic Park, and The Mask.

Instead of making these assumptions and being flat out wrong, you should talk about what part of my post makes you think those things and why I'm wrong. You're an ass for the simple reason that you don't argue anything, you just try to posture over people you disagree with. Articulate your position user, I'd be happen to discuss a different point of view than my own on Spider-Man.

It is at this point. It made sense the second weekend (although even back then people posting here didn't know what a flop was) and arguably did in the following weekends but at this point Homecoming is likely to surpass both Amazing Spider-Man movies in the box office (and already has domestically) and even companywarfags aren't dumb enough to honestly think that's a flop. Plus I'm willing to bet we've had at least 25-30 topics literally copy/pasted from this in the past few weeks.

>Plus I'm willing to bet we've had at least 25-30 topics literally copy/pasted from this in the past few weeks.

>What did he mean by this?
>What is _____'s end game?
>Who was in the right?
>Well, Sup Forums? Is he right?
>How do we fix ____?

Every fucking day for the last five years

Who gives two fucks about the ages of the other characters? That's like saying Carol Danvers should be a senior citizen in her next movie. Also, Peter was /hardly/ in highschool during his series, which is why it's skimmed over in the movies, because that shit was never important no matter what Bendis wants to meme.

>Homecoming is likely to surpass both Amazing Spider-Man movies in the box office
There's also a semi decent chance that it'll surpass Raimi's Spider-Man 2. I look forward to the logic gymnastics in these threads if that actually happens

its not more profitable than BvS.

Spider-Man has production budget $175 million + 140 mill advertisting budget = 315 million spent

cbr.com/spider-man-homecoming-promotional-campaign-140-million/

So its only made $387,781,093 in profit.

Meanwhile BvS budget was $250 million, and we know the advertising budget wasnt double that because Spider-Man's was the most expensive advertising budget Sony had ever put forth. So we can assume that BvS had an advertising budget that was MAYBE a little more expensive? We'll be liberal and say $150 mil, which comes out to MAYB $400 mil spent (though its probably lower). Even with this estimate, BvS has made $473,260,194 in profits.

You guys are retarded as fuck, your lives must suck hard.

I would watch a senior citizen superhero movie in a heartbeat.
Carol has never been old, Peter has. That's an important difference, precedent.
Peter was hardly in high school in 616, which is definitely the universe the MCU cribs the most from, right?

>not a single word about movie or character
/co - Companies & business

>which comes out to MAYB $400 mil spent (though its probably lower)
150m is the lowest estimate for what they spent on advertising, you don't have to pad like this because you're already probably right

Because SJW bullshit.

If you defend it not being SJW bullshit you're a tard.

>SJW bullshit
This movie was white privilege the movie. Peter gets everything he wants thanks to his rich white one-percenter friend. Meanwhile every person of color is treated like a joke and Toomes is demonized for being a blue collar American who had a black daughter. I'm surprised people aren't talking about this.

Once you stop using facts then you clearly see the movie didnt do that good. It's not suicide flop tier but still

The movie is shit because it's not a fucking Spider-Man movie. It just has a main character who shares his name.

>Once you stop using facts then you clearly see the movie didnt do that good.
I know what point you meant to convey user but the way this is worded is hilarious

shouldn't profitability be in relation to the budget? ie 72 million out of 315, vs 73 out of 400? That makes SM more profitable.

BVS's marketing budget with was $165 million.

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2016/04/06/was-the-400-million-warner-bros-paid-for-batman-v-superman-a-good-investment/

So, BVS made about $458 million to BAKA's $387 million so far. But BAKA just opened in Japan has yet to open in China. Japan alone will net them another $20-30 million after the $7 million opening- Spider-Man is fucking huge there and the TASM movies both did around $30 million. That would bring BAKA's profit to $412 million meaning it'd have gross $47 million in China to outdo BVS.

TASM 2, which has done far worse than BAKA in every single market so far, grossed $95 million in China.

>We'll be liberal and say $150 mil, which comes out to MAYB $400 mil spent (though its probably lower)
150 million is a really low ball estimate. Your overall point is still likely still right though

>What went wrong?

"not muh" fags

>not muh Uncle Ben
>not muh MJ
>not muh Osborn
>not muh not muh not muh

>Let's make a Spider-Man movie that has none of the things that made Spider-Man good or the charming personality of the main character.

Genius.

As a lifelong fan I'm fucking tired of the Osborns and the shitty soap opera tier drama that comes with them

>not muh fag replying to a post specifically about not muh fags
You just couldn't resist, could you?

MJ and Osborn do not make Peter's personality. Uncle Ben is in the movie's history and if you didn't see any of that influence when Peter decided not to use the Spider-Man outfit at the party then you don't understand anything about Uncle Ben and only want the literal lines about responsibility.

what the fuck are you saying, profitability is just how much they made after how much they spent. Why are you adding convoluted bullshit to it?

no it isn't, the only "reported" number we have is $165 mil and it means im still right

you're a dumb faggot

>hurr durr im just gunna guess instead of research

why cant you be like this user

what the fuck is Baka

Because Sony was involved. Sony can't do anything and NOT fuck it up. Oh. And fuck Avi Arad too.

It looks like he tried to abbreviate "Spider-Man Homecoming" as S M H, which gets filtered to baka.

The moment I heard aunt may got jiggy with tony stark I threw up in my mouth a little.

Not even going to torrent this one

desu, it means desu desu newfag.

This month is a priority month for local Chinese productions.

>and it means im still right
both posts you're responding to said this you cunt

>I
He never got jiggy with aunt may. Actually
he proposes to Pepper at the end of the film.