Do you fags like Tom King?

Why is he so hype right now?

He's got many more good ideas than your average joe schmoe comic book writer, but his execution is always deeply flawed/lazy/bad.

He's a good writer who's actually trying to write interesting stories in genre fiction.

His fascination with the male anatomy is a bit jarring (see the constant ass references in Grayson and the first appearances of Bane and Hugo Strange in Rebirth Batman) but all in all he's been putting out some solid work. Grayson was an interesting spy vs spy story with all the superheroics as a background, and his Rebirth run on Batman is excellent. Some awesome shit in Bane's attack on Arkham especially

Kite Man as well. Hell yeah

I only read his Nightwing so can't really comment. At least he is no Bendis.

I'm confused about why people are so put off by his Batman.

Because he talks like he has the 'tism.

>and his Rebirth run on Batman is excellent
Opinion disregarded.

Seriously, what's the reason for the dislike? The "bat"/"cat" thing can't be the main reason.

I dig his character and plot work but boy does he sure like that 9-panel layout.

>Refuses the have Bruce narrate, which just leaves the readers perplexed and unsatisfied when Batman does weird, uncharacteristic shit.
>Bruce talks like a robot repeating shit over and over
>the dialogue in general just feels stilted and overly-synthetic
>"Bat"/"Cat" garbage
>makes Bruce a suicidal wrist-cutter for some reason
>each arc has had interesting buildup with unsatisfying execution and endings
>hypes up his huge arc called The War of Jokes and Riddles™ but doesn't show the war at all, it's all background noise and has everyone acting OOC as fuck
>cares more about pet character Kite-Man than Batman

His best two issues were the Swamp Thing issue and the Button issue, which were just him aping Moore as hard as he could.

>the Swamp Thing issue
based King bringing back good swampy instead of that crap Nu52 version

His Batman seems like a bit of a dick.

The Vision was really fucking good.

I agree about his situational set ups. His resolutions haven't matched the hype, but i disagree about the way he writes Batman. I can't think of a time during this run when i wasn't clear on Batman's motivations. Narration would be redundant.

It was new 52 Swamp Thing that he used.

He's a guy who gives a fuck about writing in the big two. Compare that to all the Image guys like Snyder, Aaron, Lemire, Remender etc. None of them bother to write anything good for the big two.

So why did he give himself up to Bane, how did he know Bane would only cripple him in a way he'd easily be able to fix in a cell? How did he know Bane's well-armed Henchman would all miss him with their hundreds of assault rifles shooting at him? How did he know Bane would leave him out-of-sight, in an unguarded cell with all of his gear?

Why didn't he ask the Robins for help when Bane was so dangerous, thereby putting the lives of everyone else in danger? Why did he think they'd all turn tail and run? How can he be so fucking stupid as to think there was even a 1% chance of that happening?

What the fuck has he even been doing all this time during The War of Jokes and Riddles™? Why does he not seem to give a shit about the kid who died as a direct result of him meddling in his father's life? Why is he fucking Catwoman and falling asleep afterwards while people are apparently dying in droves right outside?

Why is he going to join forces with a mass-murderer instead of trying to take them out? He talks about his massive amount of resources, has he even bothered trying to use them? So we've seen him try one plan, and it involved putting the lives of an innocent man and his family at risk. Why was that his first and only plan of attack?

Why was he okay with letting Catwoman, a woman that he apparently says he loves, rot in jail for the rest of her life for a crime she didn't commit? How could the so-called "World's Greatest Detective™" not figure out that it was her best and only friend/apprentice who killed those people, and that it was her he was chasing across the world? Why was he letting Selina sit on death row while he was training those Gotham idiots?

Hell, why is King's Batman so willing to play fast and loose with other peoples' lives in general, and why does he never seem to reflect on the fact that, throughout this entire run, he's a gigantic failure who has caused more harm than good?

It's the exact opposite, pleb.

That's Tim Seeley, the other Grayson writer, silly user.

Fuck yeah, kite man

I liked his first couple of issues of Grayson a lot but his last few were pretty meh.
Omega Men is good but it has problems.
Vision I'd okay but it has even bigger problems and is overpraised.
I think hr is one of the very few new fresh voices in comics but he's fallen into a trap, he thinks he HAS to write dialogue like that because it's his "signature style" and people want to see it every damn time. His Batman is a pile of shit, the first story arc is decent but the rest is garbage, the Swam Thing one shot is nothing special and the Fudd one isn't good aside from the fudd speak.
He's made a career in shallow references that people go wild for.
I don't know, I want to like him but his execution is poor more often than not.

Catwoman is the most competent character in the run, Batman's suicidal tendencies are not presented in an interesting manner, the romance is sucky, a lot of stupid spreads for no reason(and he said in a podcast a few months ago spreads that don't impact the story and are just drawings of a city with no words and stuff like that are just a waste of space). Using cameos from obscure villains was fun at first but after that it became tiring, Kiteman has an overly melodramatic backstiry in which Batman is responsible for his kid's death, the art is not good, and last but not least.... THE DIALOGUE IS FUCKING INSUFERABLE.

It was yeah. The only person I would not recommend it to is a newly adopted child.

Yeah but he acted like actual Swamp Thing so it was way fucking better

at least he's GOOD at it and doesn't do 9 panels cause it's the only way he knows how to write. There are some writers that just force everything into 9 panels with no good reason besides that's what ever page is and don't want to change it. When he does it, there is always a reason.

What's the reason for having 9-panel layouts as opposed to others?

I am surprised all of Sup Forums doesn't hate him now that he is popular and writing Batman.

Overrated but good

3x3 symmetry is the main advantage

>He's got many more good ideas than your average joe schmoe comic book writer, but his execution is always deeply flawed/lazy/bad.

he basically write himself into his coimcs.

batman got all suicidal, mr miracle got suicidal

>What's the reason for having 9-panel layouts as opposed to others?

because King thinks it makes him a good writer

So what's the advantage is possesses over 2x2? Is it just supposed to be a happy medium between 2x2 and 4x4 where you can put in a lot of information with it still remaining quite easy to digest?

2x2 only has diagonal symmetry and rotational. 4x4 really only has rotational symmetry. 3x3 has top bottom, left right, diagonal and rotational. You'd have to go to 5x5 to get that much symmetry again and then you are getting really small panels.