/BlackWidow/

Why did she fail to become the "Wonder Woman" of Marvel.

I like her more than Captain dykehair

They never gave her a arc. At least hawkeye was one if the best parts of AoU.

She wasn't played by an actual Russian qt.

her vagina is barren

Comparing her to WW is like comparing Superman to Coulson.

She's a cold, machivellian character who's really just there to be the woman on the Avengers. They tossed ScarJo Ghost In The Shell in lieu of a Black Widow movie, I think.

Dad hawkeye was a mistake and a character assassination

By wonder woman it means Marvel's prime bitch

Black Widow is sneaky kind, not tank hits jind

Hated CapWidow. Clintasha? Fine. Buckywidow? Ok. MattWidow? Eh. But Capwidow just rubs me wrong.

They should have given her spider like powers

Even invisibility will actually suit her more than sue storm.

They don't have to have the same powerset

I will never forgive them for not bringing in mockingbird wtf

Nothing really interesting about her.
No cool costume, just a plain black suit, no powers, they don't go very much into her origin and when they did it was heavily criticized.

Actually continuing:
They took away the things that made her stand out too. No accent so she isn't even THAT Russian, her stingers are barely used and they're the same color as the rest of the suit so it's like they're not even there. Same with her Widow symbol.

hard to make a Disney movie about an assassin

Why did wheadon include her in the first place?

Because Disney doesn't care about her.

Their princesses are for girls, and their marvel heroes are for boys.

they needed a girl

Wasp is shit.
She Hulk would still Hulk's thunder
Scarlet Witch's rights BS was still up in the air at the time

BW came with built in SHIELD connections

They didn't push her.

She was introduced as a side character, and Disney had no desire to develop her much further. They gave her a little hint of background in each Avengers movie and otherwise let her just be the spy character.

Wasp would have been a Disney princess
Superhero
They missed out on a great potential
Wtf

the real answer is that edgar wright was far too creative for a cinematic universe and got the boot after spending too much time on his ass

I actually like Coulson a lot more than Superman.

This is the weirdest sentence I may have ever read on this board.

She has the personality for it too

Wasp has the while fairy Pixie thing goong on and girls love that shit.
If it was up to him Wasp would have stayed dead with Janet.

It would be stupid to give her an accent, considering she's a super spy.

The only characters that could ever become the WW of Marvel are all X-Men.

Eh, there is still time to do something with her now Wowo and it's Gross has made executives cum buckets, as Scar Jo still has plenty of good years. It's the woman from Ant-Man I'm wondering about. She's aging like milk. If you cans ee the signs of age after hours in make-up in a AAA title, you probably shouldn't have been cast as one of the few female heros the MCU has.

That said, I don't know that anyone would go see a Black Widow movie. Maybe earlier in the MCU, but not now.

I agree though. I have no hope for Captain Marvel. Everythimng about Carol that is interesting, primarily that she is a superhuman trainwreck bordering on sociopath, is everything they won't make their Wonder Woman. She is going to be blandy competant, with shades of Hal Jordon if they go airfoce origin.

>Wasp is shit.
Get fucked.

>Wonder Woman snaps necks

>Blackwidow gets her neck snapped

Pure mathematics, she just doesn't work out.

Thats probably Jessica Jones then given she has the most exposure across media

Did they ever explained that dog Jesse killed?

Unironically this. Whether you liked the show or not, normies ate that shit up. She's the self insert character for every women who ever fucked up or feels like a victim (so, all), has super strength and is a detective, had Tennant in her show, has a big strong black on-again-off-again boyfriend, and is the bitchy quipper of the Defenders.

Honestly, I'm surprised she is only in her own comic and Defenders at this point.

She's sorta one note, does have a very interesting personality. Sure she's cool when she's kicking ass, but that's why they always keep her in the supporting cast to Iron Man, Cap, Hulk and Thor. The people who can kick ass and make audiences give a shit about their daily lives.

Plus no one wants to see a super hero movie about an emotionless assassin with little depth besides "I can't have kids" and a boring costume

Wonder Woman is noble, she has a complex personality and can do more than kick people in the neck. Plus she stood out in the movie that was named after 2 super heroes that weren't her.

Black Widow is a quintessential side character. She doesn't really stand for anything, she's just there to make the main characters' positions clearer. She's the sleek stealthy spy to Tony's walking media event, the cheeky dark girl to Steve's upstanding hero's hero.

I like Widow a lot because, of all the idiots in MCU, she's the only one who seems to contemplate on what it means to be a better hero and a better person, but I don't think she can carry a movie by herself.

I still desperately want a courtroom procedural TV show staring a genre savvy She Hulk.

>boring costume

wtf?

The things spoken by casuals.

my god, someone smart posting.....wtf

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with giving Marvel a Wonder Woman?

Wasp has always been the Wonder Woman of the Avengers that's what make this all so weird.

When has jessica jones appeared outside comics

Wasp and Ant-man is kind of a package deal and this was before marvel realized the bubble was made of animantium, who knows if it would have worked, plus female superheroes dont sell.

Man I wonder if Marvel took the guy who said that out back and shot him after Wonder Woman.

She has a netflix series, was renewed for a second season, plus Defenders which will be out in about a day.

Are you stupid?

Blacked Widow is lame af though

Evangeline Lilly is fucking ripped and pretty fucking hot as well. Have you seen her instagram pics? she is easily 10 times more fit that Gal Gadot.
Also, if Black widow was a male character (same skill set, character, all that, etc) they would have been retired from the avengers the same way Hawkeye was. She's only there so it doesn't turn into a sausage fest, and she will stay there until they can find another woman to replace her.

I think at the end of Ant Man's character arc (either in Ant Man and the wasp, or the third one) Scott will be cleared off all charges against him and he and wasp will be made apart of the "New Avengers" or whatever they call Avengers 5.

She's not a hero. Plus ScarJo's getting too old. Women can be milfy villains but as protags they're just old hags.

except ScarJo's tiddies aren't as impressive anymore. did you see those BTS pics form Ghost in the Shell?

Pretty sure they're not planning on crossing over any of the Netflix series with the Cinematic movies.
I heard somewhere on Sup Forums that Charlie Cox (daredevil) has some movie deal in his contract or something, but he's probably the only one i want to see cameo in any cinematic film, maybe just to flesh out that spiderman is not alone protecting new york

Because Carol is way better.

It's boring on her, doesn't look flattering at all. It doesn't help that she doesn't have a cleavage anymore.

there used to be a time where her boobs could get half a chub going for me every time i saw 'em.
not anymore though....

I hate Scott Lang tho the father angel is just too lame and uninteresting.
One of the worst and pointless movies of marvel

I want Hank and Jan

Me too, user.

Me too...

>female superheroes dont sell.

I love how tumblrinas are so fucking insecure they draw natasha as a fat girl with a man's face

Thor is the Wonder Woman of Marvel

Some characters just aren't built for a solo. It isn't about sales, it's just that they don't have too many stories you can tell about them on their own.

That's kind of what sets the Avengers apart from the JL. I can't remember who it was, some 70s writer, Conway maybe, who said the JL is like an Olympic team, everybody's the best at the particular thing they do, whereas the Avengers work more like a baseball team, with people like Wanda, Vision, Beast etc, who don't really work on their own, shining as part of a greater whole.

Mockingbird a shit

>Wasp is shit.

wrong

I would enjoy that too.

She honestly never did much for me.

Bump with Wanda is the true WW

>Magic user
Han

whose dick do I have to suck to see daredevil in the next spiderman movie

Hold on Brie Larson isn't gonna have a dyke cut right? RIGHT?

>Why did she fail to become the "Wonder Woman" of Marvel.

Because Scarjo is a very flat actress who can only do two types of characters, and neither one of them can stand on their own and require a male lead to bounce off of. People are already tired of seeing her in everything, and Disney sees how poorly her solo outings are, so a BW movie with her in the lead would be one of the lowest grossing movies they ever put out.

Gal on the other hand, despite not being the best actress, has a special kind of charm to her that makes her Wonder Woman endearing enough to want to root for her and ignore a lot of the minor faults.
And then of course, Wonder Woman's name alone carries a lot of weight, where as Black Widow is now synonymous with "Hulk's cocksleeve".

Unironically Widowmaker if it's cutscene Widowmaker and not in-game Widowmaker.
From a lore standpoint she's the deadliest woman on the planet and the world's best sniper in general.

Widowmaker is actually special in some way. It's not really a fair fight.

yet ScarJo is 1000 times a better actress than Gadot

>yet ScarJo is 1000 times a better actress than Gadot

Not really. Maybe like, two times better on a good day.

Source? Is this costume from Axis?

This, I'll cup the balls if we can get Frank in there too

I don't like Wonder Woman.

But her character is the strong amazon fighter who is an idealist, and has some human weaknesses aside from honesty, and maintaining some feminity. That is something people can get on with. Her character depends strongly on the writer, but aside from her occasional arrogance she embodies what is good in women.

Black Widow on the other hand is conniving, manipulative, and mostly has the qualities that make men distrust hoes. Which is fine, she is a spy and an expionage expert. But the vast majority of the people can't really get behind stuff like that.

He didn't have any character to assassinate.

because prior to KSD Carol was the better character

Incorrect

user Carol was the stronger character between the 2, Nat has never been anything more than a side character, despite being more well known

Am I the only one who is a big fan of genuinely nice guys getting with dangerous women?

I played a paragon Shepherd in Mass Effect and romanced the fuck outta Jack.

Too bad Cap/Widow isn't really a thing. Except in that one timeline where they had a kid.

There is literally nothing interesting about Black Widow.

And while Wonder Woman is a complex character that I don't think they did a particularly strong job with in the DCEU, she at least has her own world and unique identity that makes her stand out.

Black Widow has been in 5 movies now. We've only gotten some hints about her being a child soldier. In the 3 movies she's been most heavily featured in, Iron Man 2, Winter Soldier and AoU, she seems to have some differences in personality. What is the core of her character in these films? What is her arc, her motivation? I honestly couldn't tell you. Why is she even on The Avengers? Because she could trick Loki into giving her info? Okay, how does that qualify her to fight robots and alien armies?

Maybe things could have been solved with her own movie, but frankly, it'd probably be too generic to work and they know that. Even if they took more elements from the comics, like her age, it'd be ruining the streamlining of the universe and more or less be stealing Steve's backstory too.

>after spending too much time on his ass
He was constantly working, just not on Antman. Its The World's End's fault because he made a promise to his partner who was dying of cancer that he'd finish that movie.

But whatever, TWE is a better movie than Antman and Sup Forums seems to like what Reid did, so maybe its for the best. Personally I think Antman is one of the worst MCU movies and one of the few actually guilty of being called generic.

There is a draft of The Avengers with Wasp. It was rejected because of Wright's then upcoming Antman movie.

>He was constantly working
He shelved Antman for about 8 years user, as far as any major studio is concerned that's sitting on your ass, Let's not forget his refusal to consider working on a revised script or tying it into the MCU proper

No powers, no personality, Scarlett Johansson can't act and her only recognizable treat is "she's hot", and even at that she's getting greatly overcome by more prettier younger actresses in the MCU.

>Wasp is shit.
Wrong.
Edgar Wright basically had all the characters in the Ant-Man franchise hostage. Both Ant-Man and the Wasp were supposed to be founding Avengers in the MCU.

Incorrect because KSD's Carol was fine and Butters/Fazekas/Gage was great.

That shits dumb. More cliche than Nerd/hot girl.

KSD was bland, and stripped away a lot of Carol's personality

>Antman's initial draft is done around the start of the MCU, Feige himself says Edgar Wright is the sole reason they even want to do an Antman movie
>while waiting for the go ahead, as marvel decides to focus on Iron Man 2 since the first one blew up, he makes Scott Pilgrim
>it bombs, Marvel now weary of funding his vision, halting pre-production
>Marvel wants to take their time because according to Feige, they don't really consider Antman to be a noteworthy character and something to rush
>they decide to tweak the script together
>while this is going on, he's simultaneously writing Tintin and producing Sightseers
>Feige decides to stick with Wright's vision, telling Whedon that Wasp can't be in Avengers despite writing a draft where she has a great deal of prominence
>2012, Wright is finally in a good place, the Marvel brand is strong and they show test footage at comic-con
>everyone having seen the footage love it, saying its nothing like the previous marvel movies
>Feige is now worried about Wright's unique/non-house style, telling Wright to once again rewrite it to fit their universe in tone
>Avengers being a massive hit causes Disney to put hard dates on ALL marvel movies
>Wright's producing partner gets cancer, Pegg and Wright swear to him they'll finish The World's End
>meanwhile Disney won't allow for any breaks
>early 2014, Wright has cast everyone
>Feige tells him he wants yet another draft even though they're supposed to start shooting in two months
>Wright walks and they bring a yes man in
Its a two way street. Marvel Studios shuffled its feet just as much, if not more, than Wright did, yet for some reason he gets all the blame.

Any character could have become Marvel's WW had they given them a solo movie before the first Avengers.

because Wright doesn't hold the IP and decided that Antman wasn't a priority to complete. It's a simple concept, the movie wasn't that important to him.

When will folks just aceept that Marvel will never have a ww of their own.

Marvels most prominent female character is a mutant, they have have a WW they simply can't use her in the mcu

The movie only exists because of him and was born out of his love for "To Steal An Ant-Man", but yeah, he didn't give a shit.

user if you are offered a contract, and don't take every effort to work/finish said contract it isn't a priority for you. The movie wasn't a priority for Wright so he walked off, and Marvel got someone else. Clearly since he walked off he didn't give enough of a shit to complete it.

>most prominent female character is a mutant
She was with the X-Men but she's not a mutant. She's getting an MCU movie in 2019 user.

I legit don't know what character you're talking about.