Post your Sup Forums related ideas. I'll start

Post your Sup Forums related ideas. I'll start.

>John Carter animated series

Trees that are kings

I'm working on a Sup Forums related idea myself. Sup Forums would probably describe the idea as "Basically One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest but with lolis and ghosts."

oh

>show about a son of Zeus who tries to get a local village to worship him to finally ascend to godhood
>each episode he tries to do something for the village but their either give credit to someone else or outright ignore it
>B plot is about the MC dealing with Olympus, which is run like a dysfunctional corporation straight out of Office Space
>things like the Titanomachy were actually mergers
>Zeus is the CEO
>lots of bureaucracy and red tape
>MC meets figures from Greek myth, as well as from other mythologies
>In S2 or 3 there's a mass rebranding initiative at Olympus
>they all change their names to their Roman counterparts
>a running gag is that there's a new Roman emperor every episode of this season
>MC struggles even harder now
>series ends with him converting to Christianity

What?

Working on a high concept pitch to submit to Dark Horse, which sounds more interesting?

>A scientist searches for the source of an outbreak of supernatural diseases, along the way he uncovers a conspiracy centuries in the making

or

>A travelling doctor uses his knowledge of occult ritual and magick to heal a country plagued with unexplainable illnesses, all while searching for a cure to his own ailments

Pls respond

The 2nd. Though the first sounds to be more in Dark Horse's ballpark.

If you don't mind, could you explain your reasoning a bit?

but i'm either too depressed, too tired after work, or both

I just don't particularly care for conspiracy stories and I feel like a witch doctor-esque protagonist would be interesting.

Thats fair, thanks for the input user!

oh shit it's a writing thread, i almost post a drawing here

didn't you guys use supergirl for these? anyways i guess i'll wait for another thread

>Crossover between a western cartoon and a manga/anime

Basically, a whole mix of cartoon characters (and a few anime characters) in a fictional setting in Japan, which is no longer an island, but an entire state or continent of its own.

Not sure if this is "co-related," but I plan to draw it as a comic, maybe a webcomic. Close enough, I guess.

Tell me if it's cliched or what:

>Story about a mid-20's boy taking care of his 15-year-old sister. Parents died like seven years ago.
>The guy suffers from paranoia and has passed this trait onto his sister. They're both wary of strangers, don't like leaving the house, and speculate conspiracies.
>The island they live on has a large number of missing people
>Both brother and sister go on separate routes to solve this mystery.
>The girl discovers a monster trying to kidnap her brother. She also discovers that she can see into the monster's future, but only the monster's future. Nothing else.
>The boy discovers the step-family of his friend kidnapped a classmate of theirs. He watches his friend's step-sister kill someone by folding their spine and stuff their body under the bed.
>Neither brother or sister realizes the other is solving the same mystery, but with completely different leads.

Pic is of the step-sister, a main antagonist. In this pic, she's warping the flesh of a gerbil in her hands.

>tfw want to be actual writer for animation but have to be art person
>tfw could theoretically get shit signed with the WGA but since I have no previous credits no agent will ever look at my shit
I use the impracticality of writing as a justification for not doing it even though the same few ideas have been occupying my thoughts literally every day for about two years.

If they're paranoid why do they split up?

Make one user

Mostly out of their control, but:

>Brother finds a clue about the missing people leading to his friend's house.
>He wants to investigate but doesn't want his sister in danger
>She stays home while he goes to investigate
>While she's at home, she discovers there's a monster hiding in their parent's room.
>The monster only cares about kidnapping the brother.
>The sister, with the help of her own friends, is determined to kill it.
>When the brother comes home, the sister tries to tell the brother what's going on.
>But every time she does, she can see into the future that the monster is going to capture him.
>She keeps it a secret to protect him. He keeps his investigation a secret from her to protect her.

That's why. Eventually, their investigations lead them back to one another.

Kid lives in a world of adventure with mechs and magic and other dimensions.

He discovers he has magical powers and goes on adventures where he discovers his violent talents.

I've actually been working on this quite a bit and showing the shit scribble character designs to people and explaining plot points

I've been getting back the comment that his character design is kind of generic white male even though the character is ethnic. Also that his supposed violent tendencies have to be carefully emphasized to make them not generic protagonist powers.

>>A scientist searches for the source of an outbreak of supernatural diseases, along the way he uncovers a conspiracy centuries in the making

It's literally nothing. You basically said there's a guy and he finds a conspiracy. What's the hook?

>>A travelling doctor uses his knowledge of occult ritual and magick to heal a country plagued with unexplainable illnesses, all while searching for a cure to his own ailments

Is still vague but is almost a presentable idea. Develop the setting and come up with an example of what kind of occult. Is this some van helsing shit? What does the illness do? Don't say zombies.

>Jack kills Aku and takes over Earth.
>His empire splinters as the admirality board proclaim themselves the true heirs to Aku's throne and begin carving up battlelines.
>The Imperial Civil War begins when Kim's Marines begin trading fire with PDFs loyal to Ben THUNDERCOCK on Trantor-the unofficial capital of the empire.
>Lesser admirals, air marshals, and generals decide they've had enough with this shit and become warlords in the fringes of civilized space.
>As the fleets withdraw from the frontiers to the battlegrounds in the diamond worlds; opportunistic pirates, filthy xenos, and savage technobarbarians begin encroaching on Imperial territory.
>Among them the starving abomination of twisted metal and flesh once known as 'Steven.'
>It travels across known space with it's disgusting gem armada eating anything it can get it's mandibles on. Planets, space stations, people, shit... It sees everything as nothing but food.
>Seeing that the admirals are too busy dicking around, the fleets are shite, and she's next up on Steven's menu, a certain genius decides to create a band of Rangers capable of fighting it.
>... Results could've been better. But hey, at least Planet Icecube now has something resembling a fighting chance.

I was shooting for a 19th century Lovecraft time period

Not zombies I swear, its abstract diseases like having a sentient bellybutton or a whole town accidentally connected in a hive-mind, a man made entirely of ground beef, etc.

I originally thought the existence of a conspiracy itself was a hook, but I see your points user, I should develop my thoughts more thoroughly

>Lovecraft

You might not have zombies but you have the next most overplayed thing

>Is like having a sentient bellybutton

Yes you somehow managed to reel me back in.

hm.

>John Carter

How about John Titor?

Forgot pic.

Best girl.

I don't know what counts as "Sup Forums related" in this context, but I really, REALLY thought that Toffee was going to possess Marco in the new season of Star VS the Forces of Evil. That did not occur. I'm thinking about writing a story/timeline where it did.

Fun fact, back in the 1930's a John Carter animated movie was almost made. If the project hadn't fallen though it could have been the first feature length American Animated film.

Here’s something whimsical I came up with a coupel weeks ago, but no really saw it:

My personal pet idea is the Ellis moon knight as leader of some new version of the dark avengers, but it's composed of all the scary fucked up or crazy characters that couldn't function in the regular avengers books anymore. like, psycho mass murderer OG USAgent, semi-animal Tigra, schizo stalker bitch Sersi, demonically possessed Moondragon, nextwave machine man, serial sex offender Starfox, maybe throw in chronic fuckup ant man for some mainstream appeal. play it more or less like ellis's thunderbolts, except they somehow come out on top, most of the time.
Starfox is trying to be good and not use his power on women and Sersi latches onto him and starts going psycho on his other girlfriends. Tigra keeps backsliding into animal behaviour and got her kid taken away, so Moondragon has to try and retrieve her psyche, but no one realises MD is actually possessed and wanting to sow death and chaos under cover of being an avenger. USAgent talks like conservative cap but then just snaps and breaks people's necks for no reason. Machine Man is drunk on robot brain beer most of the time but bails everyone else out when the stupid fleshies fuck everything up. MK and USAgent both think they're in charge but mostly they just beat the shit out of people, while Ant-Man is the actual 'leader' because he can think rationally for more than two seconds, but he never gets any credit, but he won't quit b/c tony stark told him this was his very last chance to stay out of jail.

Ant-Man: "Hey MK, I don't think we're allowed to torture the Masters of Evil..."
USAgent: "Shut up, convict, this isn't torture, this is Enhanced Interrogation"
Starfox: "Why don't I use my pleasure power on Titania and get her to talk?"
Sersi: (thinking to herself) I'm going to kill that slut. She’s clearly a dyke, anyway.
Machine Man: "You can't use your pleasure power because it would violate the conditions of your probation, fleshie-perv."
Tigra: "GRRRWWWLLL!!!!"
Moondragon: "Now,Tigra… calm down… do not DISEMBOWEL THE MELTER, be a good kitty, that's it...
Ant-man: "Ummm...why are we being led by a psycho with a bag over his head, again?"
Moon Knight: "It's not a bag, it's my face." (stomps on whirlwind’s kneecap)
USAgent: "He's not in charge, convict. I am. Cap said so."
Whirlwind: (screaming)
Ant-man: "When did Cap say that? Did I miss the meeting?"
USAgent: "Convicts don't get invited to meetings with Captain America"
Ant-man: "Uhhh...what about Hawkeye, or Magneto's two terrorist children... this doesn't make any sense..."
Moondragon (telepathically) everything's fine ant-man, everything's fine...
Sersi (also telepathically) I can hear you, bitch. I need this gig to stay near my man, but don't fuck this up for me, or I'll skin that dragon living in your head and put it on my mantel. I'm 5000 years old. I've killed lots of dragons.
Tigra: (pounces on the Melter and starts ripping him apart.) MRRRRRWWWRRR!!!
Machine Man: "You fleshies are all insane. This is why I'm drunk all the time."
Moon Knight: (to Tigra) "Just don't rip his face off. That looks really bad, trust me. Everyone still talks about that..."

Machine Man: (grabbing Tigra with his extensible arms) "Stop that, crazy cat-lady. If you rip out the bad guy's guts, they'll just blame it on me. Tony Stark is clearly an anti-robot bigot. Look at all the shit Vision gets put through...that's all stark's fault."
Tigra: "HSSSSSS!!!"
Titania: (to Starfox) "You're kind of cute. Can we figure something out besides jail?" (Rubs her thighs together)
Absorbing Man: "WHAT THE FUCK?!"
Sersi: "WHAT THE FUCK!!!"
USAgent: ”WHAT THE FUCK, STARFOX! I WARNED YOU!!
Starfox: "I totally did not do that!"
(the air around Titania's head suddenly turns to a block of solid adamantium)
Moon Knight: "Hey! We can't actually kill them! We just hurt them. A lot. ...it's a vengeance thing."
Sersi: (looking at her nails) "She was trying to escape."
Zodiac (the Joe Casey one, with the bag on his head): "You guys are hilarious! We should be filming this!"
USAgent: (lifting zodiac up by the collar) "Shut your mouth, terrorist. You have no rights."
Moondragon: "USAgent, watch out! I think HE'S GOING FOR A WEAPON!"
(USAgent snaps zodiac's neck)
USAgent: "Not anymore he isn't."
Starfox: "What the fuck, Walker? He was fully cuffed!"
Moon Knight: (stomping on whirlwind's other kneecap) "You killed Black Spectre?"
Machine Man: "That wasn't Black Spectre. It was some other insane fleshie with a bag on his head. A lot of that going around, apparently."
(meanwhile Tigra is trying in vain to disembowel machine man with her hind legs)
Whirlwind: (screaming)
Starfox: "Is someone going to get Titania out of that block? She’s going to suffocate!"
Machine Man: "It’s adamantium..."
USAgent: (nods) "It's adamantium. I know. I used to carry around cap's shield."
Starfox: "Yeah, until you got it taken away for being A PSYCHO WHO BREAKS PEOPLE'S NECKS!!!"
Sersi: "What do you even care about that slut, anyway? Is there something you want to tell me???"
Starfox: "Ant-man! Shrink Titania and get her out of there!"
Ant-man: "EVERYTHING'S FINE…"

(Titania, suffocating, starts thrashing around uncontrollably, accidentally crushing the Melter with the block around her head)
Absorbing Man: "Shit! What the fuck is wrong with you assholes? I thought you were Avengers!"
Starfox: "Goddamn it... (uses pleasure power on Sersi) Okay Sersi, would you get rid of that block please?"
Sersi: (swooning) "Yes, my love...but she needs to hold still"
Moondragon: "I'll handle it, Starfox."
(Titania is suddenly dead still)
Moondragon (telepathically to Sersi): There, I just separated her astral form from her physical body. I did the exact same thing to my own father. Happy now?
Sersi (telepathically to Moondragon): I suppose…but just watch yourself, you bald cunt
Absorbing Man: "Hey! What did you just do?
Moondragon: "Be quiet lout, or you might accidentally SWALLOW YOUR OWN TONGUE."
Absorbing Man: "Huh? Why would I swallow my own t- >gaaakkk

Starfox: "Well, can we at least save the Absorbing Man??? He’s choking on his own tongue!"
Moon Knight: "I got this..." (hits Absorbing Man in the face with his baton, knocking most of his front teeth out, but clearing his tongue.)
Moon Knight: "He'll live..."
Tigra: (suddenly lucid, tasting the Melter's blood on her lips) "Oh god! Not again! Did I hurt anyone?"
Machine Man: "Just the fleshie with the melting device. But the other fleshie killed him before he could bleed to death, so I think you're okay."
Tigra: "Did I eat any of him?"
Machine man: "I try not to pay that much attention to the things you people do. Do fleshies usually eat each other?"
Moon Knight: "Whirlwind finally talked. We can go defuse Zodiac's bomb now. Too bad you couldn't use your telepathy on him, Moondragon, This would have been a lot easier."
Moondragon: "I'm sorry... his will was too strong. I'm sure Ant-man can defuse the bomb."
Ant-man: "Yeah, EVERYTHING'S FINE...let's go save the day."

END

Pitched a show a bit over a week ago. They said that they'll think about it but they wanna pay attention to where I take stuff and how my career develops before committing to anything.
Trying to develop another project but finding the right artist for it has been tough. But being able to afford decent people is not the problem.

Here's a pitch: A city of robots who think they're human live in an NYC-esque city trapped in a bubble. They all act like normal humans, not noticing the bubble surrounding the city and the helicopters and men in white suits watching them from outside; their programming prevents them from noticing. One of the robots, a private detective, investigates the disappearance of a girl, and slowly starts noticing the bubble and finds a way out.

>inb4 someone tells me that it sounds like Westworld

I ain't never seen Westworld

What sort of qualifications would one need to submit something and actually be considered?

Where did you pitch it?

hey Sup Forums I challenge you to write a story based on these cartoons.

A book/animated series that revolves around a group of kids going on weird adventures. The Gimmick is that all the main characters are descended from or tied to literary figures. The characters are:

Riley (Clark) Savage: A young boy raised by a group known as the Savage Society. A conglomeration of the greatest scientists, martial artists and military minds in the world who attempted to train Riley from birth to become the leader of the society like his grandfather before him.

Emmily Barnes: A young girl who, upon reading a memoire from her great grandmother in which she had a fling with the famous detective, realized she's descended from Sherlock Holmes himself. She has since dedicated herself to becoming a great detective.

Marie (Eve): A creation of a german bioengineer. He grew the individual organs, tissues and bones within his laboratory and constructed a girl who by all accounts appears to be a normal 14 year old except for the two small metal diodes that sick out of her neck. In all other respects she's quiet and reclusive but has an absolute fascination with science.

Harold (Titrala) Greystoke: An Afrikaans child who disappeared one day and sumarily was found to be living in the advanced futuristic city of Bolla, home to the Mangani. Titrala (his name means Lost-Child) was raised by the sapient gorillas and is searching for the man who murdered his human family, all the while adjusting to being an outsider to his adopted family.

And on thier adventures they'd meet people related to characters like Zorro, Peter Pan, etc it'd just mostly be an update to all these old characters.

Would a main character or supporting character that goofs around/makes jokes/tries to see everything in a better light work when being put in a relatively dark fantasy story? I didn't want to make him le typical brooding protagonist but I'm not sure how it would work.

Sounds like The Truman Show.

I just looked at their website for info, you can find more stuff there

I'm currently working on two different ideas. Both are getting around the same amount of focus.

The one getting the most focus now is a mech show.

Setup is that in future a race of unknown aliens come to earth blasting several cities in an attempt to subjugate humanity. To humanities great luck another alien race appears, offering humanity weapons and most importantly mechs.

The story picks up in the third generation of warfighters. The Tiger is a prototype and the first to combine alien and human sensibilities. Not quite a tank but not quite a mech it combines the best of both.

It is promptly stolen by the Yakuza, then by the Russians, then by the Yakuza again and finally by a small Mexican biker gang who promptly give it to a young chop shop owner who proceeds to have his nervous system wired to it's controls. After a couple of rough patches, the realization that the prototype is going to be irreplaceably fucked if he is executed for his crimes leads to him being stuck in a prison cell and used as a stop gap pilot.

The random guy falls into the cockpit is a tired cliche of the genre and I'm not going to claim that this is groundbreaking but I want to make it interesting.

The protagonist never becomes the ultimate hero. His ride is a prototype and a valuable one but it's a prototype of a mass produced grunt model. His rise through the ranks after a season in a quasi penal legion is similar to that of a ranger or a Marine raider. Elite but explicitly a fighter.

Its also supposed to be a running gag that he doesn't have the moral dilemmas that the elites he supports and saves have. It's never stated outright and never explicitly said but it's heavily implied that if he had been drafted instead of someone having the bizarre circumstances of falling into its cockpit happen to him, he would have probably would have been higher up in the force.

Title name : DoodELMan (Doodleman) the animation

DTSR = Dimension Time Space Rangers

A Story about a Armadillo named Marty who died saving his planet becomes one of the legendary DTSRs A Powerful Band of warriors from all across the Multiverse who keeps the multiverse safe from Gods who are willing to take over or destroy universes.

With the right tools for the job he and the other rangers will to arrest or kill the gods of destruction what ever means possible

It's shit.

"SUCCUBUSTED!"

Lately I've been thinking up ideas for Succubi characters who don't fit the usual meaning of the word. The original thought was "What would happen if a Demonologist would attempt to summon a Succubus, but stuttered/pronounced the name wrong?"

As a result I began to play with the word "succubus" and I found out it was so easy to make a ton of puns out of it, so I began to draw a few designs.

Pic is Suckstobe, pronounced "Sucks To Be" because "Sucks To Be You", the thinnest, flattest, nerdiest demoness of the Nether Reigns. She loves to geek out and is often distracted by nerd trivia in general.

I have a few other designs and characters. I don't have a proper plot yet, but I'm letting the ideas to slowly gather around.

A semi-magical world where everybody has their future provided to them inside of a treasure chest. You never have any idea what you're going to be until you go on your Key-Quest to find your Destiny Chest. There are normal professions that pop out of the chest, like doctor or goat herder or musician, and there are also bizzare ones like unicorn horn polisher or trollkeep or dildomancer.

Most people go on their Key-Quest with a group of other people for safety's sake, as you never know where your Chest is going to be nor the dangers you'll face trying to get to it.

But once you find it, that's it. That's the thing you were BORN to do. There is nothing else in the universe that you would be better at doing.

One day, the keys for the Key Quests simply stop appearing, and it's up to the protagonists to figure out why, discovering some things about the nature of the Destiny Chests that no mortal was ever supposed to learn

Working on a script for 2000AD's open submissions. I'm trying to find a good batch of Future Shocks to use as reference since I'm not too experienced with stories of that length.

A giantess who was powerful and ruled over tinies; suddenly shrunk to their size. With a different appearance, nobody recognizes her and now learns the struggles of being a tiny person and the disrespect they get just for being small.