Superboy #85
Bruce Wayne: Murderer/Fugitive
Batgirl Vol. 3 #1
Red Robin #13
Batman Inc #6
Red Robin #25
Gates of Gotham #1-3
Batman and Robin Eternal #1, 7-9, 11,13, 24-26
Detective Comics #934-938, 950-956, 958-960 (so far)

That's some generous breast armour for a teenage Asian.

GOD NO!

Solo #10
Tiny Titans #33, 39, 45-46

#
The issues that ruined her character:

Robin #148-162
Supergirl #14
Teen Titans #52-54
Batgirl: Redemption Road #1-6

After that Cass was forgotten like MayDay "Spider-Girl" Parker

Mayday and Cass came out roughly at the same too, right?

Forgotten? NEVAH!!!

Late 90s.

When legacy characters still had substance and effort put into them.

Does anyone know where you can read Batgirl Annual #1 (2000)?

I can't find on readcomicsonline, it's was by Scott Peterson and Mike Deodato.

Muh dick

The Deodato magic

I wish I had the gumption to start Steph threads every day. :)

Cass

Honestly cute.

SFW fetish artists are weird.

She going deep seas swimming with those ballastes?

I'm a die hard Cassfag but Steph run as Batgirl was probably better written than Cass or Barbara.

I just found it and now wish I never had seen it

view-comic.com/batgirl-v1-annual-001-2000/

Scott Peterson must be half-Indian or at least Bollywood fan, such a waste of Deodato art and Cass Cain character.

Her full reading order

fyeahcassandracain.tumblr.com/reading order

As the Steph fan, I don't know if I can agree that Steph's run was better written than Cass's first 35 issues or so (when Puckett left). I don't prefer it, because it's a bit too despairing, but it's tightly constructed (with a few wonky notes like that stupid meta who gives her speech and the aftermath), and firmly committed to its aesthetic.

I think the only thing starring Babs as Batgirl that comes close to either Steph or Cass's solo titles is Batgirl Year One, but that's not better, just about the same level of quality.

That being said, I think Steph's run is a masterpiece.

that's not a bunch of legos...

>(with a few wonky notes like that stupid meta who gives her speech and the aftermath)

That was extremely stupid, there was other ways of making Cass talk than just pulling a Deus Ex Machina with a random telepath that will never been seen again!

Chuck Dixon wrote her well in Batman and the Outsiders.

Cass final arc in Batgirl is great, her confrontation with Lady Shiva is emotional. I dream with the movie

Yeah. And it led to further stupidity like Shiva teaching Cass the body reading technique in a few minutes, after it took her a lifetime of specific abuse and training to get it the first time.

I agree that Dixon wrote Cass well (awesome, even) in Outsiders, it wasn't a Batgirl series, really, so I don't count it next to other solo Batgirl series.

Ehhhh. I am really not a Gabrych fan, and I found the second confrontation with her mother didn't add anything to Cass's story, other the finding out she was her mother. I really wanted to feel something in the last issue of her series, but I just felt kinda meh. Disappointing.

To a degree if you love Cass you love Steph too. It's just there's a divergence of you're okay with Cass in Batgirl vol. 3 or not.

It was meh. Rushed and quick.

Eh. As a Steph fan first and foremost, I think it's at least 50/50 that Cass fans will hate Steph or Steph fans. At the very least, I've not yet met a Cass fan who wasn't incredibly angry about Steph's time as Batgirl, at least as far as it connects to Cass.

Well, now you have! Some user on Sup Forums!

I like the Orphan outfit

I love Steph and she got just as raw a deal Cass got.

if cass is dc's x-23 then why isnt there as much waifu art of her?

what is wrong with her tits??

>Does anyone know where you can read Batgirl Annual #1 (2000)?
It's in the Silent Knight trade.

Because Marvel committed to using X-23 in other forms. DC has not, almost always going with Babs instead.

flotation devices, she doesn't know how to swim. Or is that read? It's one of those first grade things

Hello, friend user! So glad to be user with you. :)

Completely agree.

too much yellow, IMHO, but the real problem is the mask. It makes no sense.

Orphan costume with Black Bat mask would be better, but it's too generic.

Black Bat costume IMHO needs more her using the scarf as a mask., kind of like The Shadow

Her original outfit looks a lot like fetish gear.

Damn that's some real bad artwork

isnt there an arc where shes someone's drugged sex slave or something? seems like she is made for fetish.

Is this actually a thing in the comics? It should be.

I hated this so much. I want Cass to finally get her due in cartoons, at the very least.

Now I know how Frankenstein felt. What did I create?!

something that makes me more interested in these characters than the comics ever have?

Really? Explain.

The only Batgirl to ever make sense.

What do you mean by "sense"? Because while I think her origin and "power" are cool, they're incredibly implausible.

She's the only of the batgirls who has any business being a batgirl. The other two would end up splattered on a wall somewhere. I still like all three.

This cover always makes me laugh

Never a thread away from a shipfag here at Sup Forums, huh

pretty much.
honestly the only interesting thing i ever found about cape comics were ships.

im an unapologetic shipfag.

I'm guilty of shipfagging too but I don't understand how people can be into it over things they otherwise don't care about

I love Steph, Batgirl or not. She was an important part of Cass' developement.

OT3. Needs more fics.

The scene that destroyed the old universe.

someone post stacked robin steph.

DC is terrible about using anything between 1985 and new 52 in animation. One big issue is,a s much as I love the DCAU guys, they were largely pre-Crisis fanboys.

I would totally read a slice-of-life comic about the Batfamily in their everyday lives. I admit, I'm probably more a fan of the livejounal/tumblr idea of the batfamily than the actual one in the comics since the new52 started.

People don't know it, but Cass is the really the last Nanto Rokusei Ken general.

There's one incoming sometime this week actually.

The artist used pic related Cass facial expression then changed the art style, very nice

Which is why I love YJ. They have no preference. They'll throw all the legacies in there. Why I'm kind of hoping we get a Cass cameo or something in Season 3.

Noice!

What's cass's status in DC these days? I started read through that arc with Orphan and harper row when I heard she was being reintroduced, but I stopped because holy shit that series was terrible...

Last I heard she was on a team with clayface? How did that pan out?

She's the tank on Batman's Tec team. Currently, her and Clayface have a tight friendship with him teaching her how to talk better via teaching her Shakespeare.

That's actually pretty adorable. Is the series any good?

>The Batgirl with the best costume who's actually intimidating is also the most forgotten

It's a mixed bag. You'll get Cass and Basil having the best moments. Everyone else is just there, while Cass/Basil get the best moments. It's clear Tynion has a soft spot for them and Tim.

Now that I finally got through the entire Batgirl series, how did people feel about all the casual hookups Cass started getting after the first half of Batgirl? Or the whole "rebellious teen" angle Horrocks went for?

I personally feel Horrocks' run was the weakest. Which is a shame, because it came right after the first half which I adore.

Horrocks had a alright beginning, fantastic middle, and weak as hell ending. It's understandable given he left the comic and mainstream comics right after that. Losing Cass's supporting cast (Steph and Babs) for stupid reasons then the casual disregard for Stephanie via the editors he answered too. When Devin Grayson make's more rational sense than the editors you know it's fucked up.

I really prefer Scott's short story for the Steph art. Same rad design, less goofy boobs.

Hmmm. I don't HATE this but seeing her talk in long sentences still strikes odd. Even when she COULD talk I always felt it came off like she was speaking a second language. you know like someone American who goes to France might KNOW the language but generally would still have to take that second to think and process it some

>fyeahcassandracain.tumblr.com/reading order

Fuck, thanks user, but does that come in a trade order edition? Because fuck spending a week tracking down and figuring out the order those trades would be in by individual issues.

I am actually just developing a proper interest in post-Crisis Cass. When she was introduced I was a stupid kid, so she was boring because she was a girl. I've really enjoyed reading through X-23's past, and it occured to me that she and Cass are a lot alike, and I may end up liking her a hell of a lot of I invest the time.

Unfortunately, most of X-23 has better art than Cass does.

Eh, I can live with shitty art if the character is interesting.

Does anyone have a trade reading order?

Well, the first three trades of her Batgirl run are here: comixology.com/Batgirl-2000-2006/comics-series/5623

How is Cass in New 52 and Rebirth ? Is she still a good character ?

Luxia Jiang as Cassandra Cain in the Batgirl movie.

Steph > Cass

I don't care for your (You)s.

Can we compromise and say that they are both good in different ways?

It might be because she's a barely legal blond MILF in post crisis, but I always find myself too distracted by finding her sexy as fuck to pay attention to how good or bad she is at being Robin or Batgirl.

Steph in peril art please. I thirst.

Oh, user. I think, on an objective level, you are correct. But my heart belongs to the blonde.

Have this, (You), (You) are right. ;)

something the reminds me how much of a self-insert Tim's character is

Best girl and worst boy

Personally, as Batgirl Steph > Cass

Overall character Cass > All