So how do I get out of this horrible timeline where we never got an awesome Animorphs action cartoon?

So how do I get out of this horrible timeline where we never got an awesome Animorphs action cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

animorphsforum.com/ebooks/
mediafire.com/file/37ok6tmkabjwq9t/Animorphs.rar
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it would be too violent

But that's the fucking point.

animorphsforum.com/ebooks/

There'a graphic novel coming. Maybe it will renew interest.

Me too OP. Give me the Hard R Animorphs.

>that scene
>implying Rachel wouldn't punch Cassie's lights out

why is Animorphs so fucked up

Because it's a war

How did this end? All I know is that the one kid got turned into a hawk permanently and there was the alien who liked to eat cigarette butts. What happened?

Did this only not get a film adaptation because nickolodeon was holding onto the rights or something?

Reminder that all Animorphs books after like the 15th one were ghostwritten. KA Applegate would turn into a basic outline and some poor schmuck intern working for Scholastic would write the actual book.

Remember that "The author would like to thank ______ for their help in preparing this manuscript" blurb that was at the beginning of every book? That person was the actual author.

The Yeerks found out wo they were, so they recruited 50 or so disabled kids to help them. They then discovered the Andelites weren't coming to help them, but planning to lure millions of Yeerks to Earth and blow it up. The Animorphhs blew up the Yeerkpool taking out their town in their process. The death toll was massive. With the war going public, they launched a combined operation with the US Army to take control of the Yeerk mothership. Jake was prepared to sacrifice Rachel and all the disabled Animorphs for this goal, but his elder brother also died. In retaliation Jake ordered the exceution of 6000 Yeerk POWs. With the Yeerk mothership under the Animoprhs control, the Yeerks are forced to surrender and the Animorphs negotiate a peace treaty between the Yeerks and Andalites.

There's a timeskip. Cassie is a politican. Marco is a superstar filled with doubts about his shallow lifestyle. Ax is captain of the Andalite equivalent of the USS Enterprise. Tobias has abandonned his humanity. Jake has PTSD. Then Ax gets captured by an unknown alien, so Jake reforms the Animorphs (minus Cassie) on a suicide mission to go rescue him.

Rachel probably knew that she'd kill her.

Those ghostwriters did some fantastic work.

The last few books and all the Chronicles were written by KA. Megamorphs too, I think.

The Andalite fleet actually shows up in force, enough to liberate Earth, but the war has dragged on for so long that the Andalite High Command is sick of the casualties and would prefer to end it in one swift stroke. So instead of engaging in a campaign for Earth that would result in more lost Andalite lives, they hold the fleet back and decide to let the Yeerks concentrate on Earth.

So THEN they can jump in their armada. And glass it.

Since that's not what the Animorphs want, the Animorphs team up with the American military to do a surgical strike to capture the Yeerk Pool Ship, and use its transmitter to do BREAKING NEWS to the Andalite Electorate, preventing High Command from getting away with the glassing.

The mission succeeds, but Rachel dies assassinating Jake's brother's Yeerk, since while he was their traitorous inside man who wanted to take his Blade Ship and leave the war, he also wanted to blow up the Pool Ship because he hated Visser Three. The assassination succeeds and the remaining Yeerks on the Blade Ship just leave, since they have no stake in the game.

The Andalite fleets capitulate, and Earth is liberated. The rest of the war is glossed over (the Andalites are implied to make peace by fracturing the Yeerk Empire by offering their civilian populace the opportunity to morph into other, less parasitic forms) and Earth joins the interstellar community. Time skip and Earth is the hot new tourist spot for Andalite morphing tourists.

Usually I'd spoiler tag that, but meh, you knew what you were in for in an Animorphs thread.

Then this happened.

>in retaliation

This implies Jake didn't have him assassinated. Jake did it because he was angry.

I will never get this thing is it a meme a real book a reference i don't get it can someone please explain this to me

maybe stop being 12

Let me fuck your asshole

Do they still have Scholastic book fairs at schools? I'm asking you, since you're clearly still in middle school.

so is it a book about that transform fetish thing

and they find some horrible elderitch abomination has absorbed Ax. So they decide to ram their ship into it in a fiery self sacrifice kinda way implying everybody except Cassie dies

I still hate thinking about taxxons. I feel bad for them, but I still hate thinking about them. I mean they're sentient beings, and they are just straight fucked by an insatiable hunger that will make them self cannibalize if they get anything larger than a paper cut.

transformation*

Fuck Cassie.

They were ghostwritten by her husband, who wrote some great books.

>no Animorphs cartoon
>Redwall and Silverwing cartoons sucked and never got the epic movie treatment they deserved
>no Broken Sky anime
>no recurring Bionicle TV show with decent CGI
>no Hanna-Barbera Godzilla revival with better designs and less cheese
>Samurai Jack reboot crashed hard at the end despite having a kino opening
>PPG reboot is nightmare fuel cringe
>Wander Over Yonder cancelled
>Every new cartoon aping Rick and Morty's style

This truly is the worst Sup Forums timeline. Where is my Redwall epic goddamn it.

It's so much worse, since the Andalite Chronicles made it clear that the self-cannibalization is because all of the controlled Taxxons are cut-off from the hivemind that would have prevented that.

it's all in your hands

hold on

pull back the darkness

Not all. Remember the awful Cassie in Australia book.

As much as that show sucked shit, I will always love that intro song.

Huh, I must have missed that.

The Taxxons never made sense to me from an evolutionary view, but there you go.

Wow, that's pretty strong for a YA series, honestly. Thanks for letting me know; seems like a really bittersweet ending, in a way.

Some people theorised that the desert planet that they have is a recent (in evolution terms) event. They could swim very well in the book where the Animorphs rescued Ax and the blood thing could be like Sharks. So they could maybe dig into the seabed and coastal ground and then hunt in the waters.

It's why Animorphs is really beloved. It did not pussy foot around the trauma and violence.

>implying everybody except Cassie dies
Michael Grant (uncredited co-author, not one of the ghostwriters) has later claimed that we were supposed to assume they survived because Elfangor survived doing the exact same thing back in the Andalite Chronicles.

I strongly suspect that this was not the original intent though

Yeah, no way evolution would produce a whole species that hates living. That was definitely Crayak's interference in the relatively recent past

No, all of the "non-ghostwritten" ones were written together. How evenly this was split differs between boks

All non-chronicles between 25 and 52 are ghostwritten, with the notable exceptions of the epilogue of 28 (that book was a turd, but there wasn't time to salvage it so the epilogue got added) and the starfish book.

Why the fucking starfish book? Nobody knows.

I have a theory that Cassie gets so much shitty filler because her storyline ends in book 29 and doesn't pick up again until 50. All the other characters get ongoing storylines meaning they can't have filler, except Cassie.

To this day I don't understand why they didn't continue the Peace Movement storyline in Cassie books, instead of just occasionally metioning it happening offscreen

I kind of liked the starfish book.

Make Al Gore and Hillary Clinton the president.

It was OK, but nothing special. It seems such an odd one to decide you're going to write yourself in the middle of a run of 25 ghost written books.

This is the timeline Visser Four tried to create

>Why the fucking starfish book? Nobody knows.
Maybe she really liked that episode of Star Trek where the transporter split Kirk into Good Kirk and Evil Kirk.

Reposting this classic

>metioning

>boks

At least we're getting a Mouse Guard movie. Maybe it won't be shit?

Being awfully optimistic.

>Redwall and Silverwing cartoons sucked

Get the fuck out.

>elderitch

Cassie was the worst animorph, if they made another adaptation of it, they should actually give her some flaws and flesh her out.

Rachel's turn from seemingly flighty popular girl to bloodthirsty psychopath who realizes she can't function in the normal world is a pretty great character arc. Makes her death fitting because can you imagine her in peace time? She'd either be an emotional wreck or she'd turn into the Animorphs version of Dorner or something.

She had plenty of flaws. The problem was that she was never properly called out on them. Her weak attempts at pacifism almost always got the group killed or worse, but she was allowed to skate by. The real problem is that it never seemed to blow up in her fucking face. I'm okay with the fact that her intentionally infesting herself with a Yeerk to create that peace movement worked out. That was a pretty tense gamble and narratively I think it was fine. But she really should have had some moments where she tried to do right by her own ethics in a similar fashion and people died or the others in the group got hurt.

I've never read this, how does a story about kids who can transform go on for over 20 books?

The ending was setup for a possible Animorphs sequel series that never happened. The two new characters who were introduced in the last few chapters and came in the ship with them make that pretty obvious.

Transformation was just the ability they were given via alien technology. The series was about them using that power to fight a clandestine war against a secret alien invasion that was already halfway complete by the time they started.

Don't let the covers fool you. It's a gritty-ass series about about a bunch of kids using guerilla and gorilla warfare to slow down a secret alien invasion that hopelessly outnumbers and outguns them. It never really pulled its punches with the "war is hell" message.

Not to mention it didn't pull any punches with the fucked up morphing. Ants, man. Fucking ants.

tfw animorphs radicalized you but you didn't realize it for 20+ years

>Why the fucking starfish book? Nobody knows.
The ghost writer lined up for the book was fired because their first draft of the book was so bad. It was probably too late to find another one, so she just did it herself.

I said it in another thread but Cassie should really be a non-powered major supporting character (so she still helps the characters out, still can be Jake's girlfriend, etc.) with her spot taken by another character like Melissa. Mainly because Cassie sucks and Melissa feels like a wasted character in the original; someone who should've been far more important than she was.

A lot of people hated the ending at the time and a lot still do, especially the ambiguous nature of the suicide mission.

Three words, Cinnamon Bun Oatmeal.

Would Visser three make a good fighting game character?

He never did much fighting. He usually just morphed into some kind of nightmarish alien that could destroy whatever he wanted at that moment.

the G98 cartoon was alright. maybe when more monster movies come out they'll do a new show

There was one where Jake was treated in Tiger morph by Cassie's vet mum, who was freaking out because she knew for a fact there Tiger was still in its cage in the Gardens

>But she really should have had some moments where she tried to do right by her own ethics in a similar fashion and people died or the others in the group got hurt.
Jake never really forgave her for letting Tom get away in book 50. But you'r right, it was too little too late, it should have happened sooner.

I don't hate it as much as I used to, but it's still annoying. Apparently there was meant to be a Megamorphs 5 after the final battle, but there was a problem with the contracts and she had to end up cramming a normal book and a megamorph into book 54

>gorilla warfare

Not to ruin your guy's parade, but after one of these threads a few years ago inspired me to reread the whole series, it's not nearly as gritty as your remember. It's paced poorly and really doesn't match the memories we had. If your defense of it is that it was a YA series, I ask you to be critical of it because you like it, not because it's bad. It just isn't that good in hindsight.

Poparena does a pretty good review/synopsis of the whole series on youtube, and doesn't decent research, his faggy inserted opinions aside. Honestly, I think the ghostwritten books were better than the KA written ones, as Applegate's vision of the storytelling was more hamfisted, and the ghostwriters really turned up the volume on things, I assume they flanderized the perceived violence into real tangible violence.

Has anyone actually read the series recently? I really wish the quarterly Animorphs thread was more discussion and less nostalgiafagging.

yeah i can only get through like one or two if i try to reread cause they aren't great. it's the concepts that're cool and the fact it's kids series with those serious war concepts. (Book 7 or whatever where they tie up jake with the yeerk in his head and let it die)

plus now people are getting older and looking at the series through the lens of their life experiences

isn't this true for most books for children

I have. Here are all of the books for anyone else that wants to do the same - mediafire.com/file/37ok6tmkabjwq9t/Animorphs.rar

I think it holds up quite well. Yes, my memories didn't really match up with the reality as I went back through them, but I never experienced much disappointment. Hell, to an extent I was more impressed with the books. I really love that each character is presented with their own opinion of themselves, and an opinion of everyone else. In other people's books, everyone looks at Marco as not taking things seriously and not seeming to care that much - just joking for the hell of it. Then you read books from Marco's perspective and he's living in a hell of his own mind. He knows his mother is Visser One, his dad is an alcoholic, he hates the war, and he doesn't find anything about their situation fun or amusing. But he keeps telling jokes because he feels he absolutely has to. It's his attempt to keep himself from really having to face his problems and to keep the others from wallowing in the hopelessness of everything.

not 4 kids

As an adult that never read Animorphs as a kid is the series worth a read?

I just started reading it again after reading half of the books as a kid and I have to say I'm enjoying them, it's reads like you're reading a chat blog and the books are crazy short .

It's hard to say. The books are very hit and miss. There's some great stuff in there, but there's just as much pointless fluff. A lot of the first 7 books, in particular, are hot garbage (not all of them, just most of them).

I feel these are the reason why a lot of furries exist.

Every Cassie book is shit. Except the two that are good. Everyone knows exactly which two they are, because they're among the best in the series.

The Kangaroo one and the Toilet one, right?

There were Animorphs games, but they apparently suck.

You. You fuck. If you are old enough you had the tommorrow people. DEAL WITH IT.

I'd fuck that version of Marco

Isn't it great how Animorphs is Sup Forums related? Netflix will probably do something with it.

Chronicles has some really fucked up stuff in it. The whole alternate reality they create that is incomplete because a regular three dimensional being can't understand all of creation is straight out of Rick and Morty without jokes

>Isn't it great how Animorphs is Sup Forums related?
Damn right it is.

Don't stick your dick with monsters.

that was the exact opposite of the moral of the books. K.A. was really big on the whole inter-something relationships
Rachel-Tobias
Elfangor Loren
Jake Cassie
Dak and Aldrea

And weirdly all of them end tragically

Were Marco's parents the only couple to get a happy ending?

Technically but for the first 50 books they were in hell

I thought it was maple syrup oatmeal

Actually reading it all the way through right now. About halfway finished. There have been parts i think couldve been implimented better, but it's been a pretty great ride so far. Im dreading the ending since they've already been through so much hell that i want them to make it through, even if i know not all of them will. Cassie books have interesting concepts but are the weakest stories, marco ax and tobias books have been consistantly better than the others imo.

Reminder that David did literally nothing wrong

Wasnt David the guy that tried to assasinate everyone for reasons? Fuck that guy

The Animorphs captured him and kept him prisoner in a barn after their dumbass poorly planned mission destroyed his life
Rachel stabbed his ear with a fork and said she would kill his family
Marco hated him and tried to turn everyone against him from the start

nothing wrong

Yes he did. He basically gave up on humanity and his parents, deciding to become a superpowered criminal. Plus he was very insensitive to animals