Has anyone noticed that there's practically no black superheroes in the Big Two?

Has anyone noticed that there's practically no black superheroes in the Big Two?

Most of their titles center around white male leads. It's getting kind of annoying.

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:African_American
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who cares, they're all just people

>talk about the lack of black people in comics
>must be bait
The state of Sup Forums nowadays.

>Who cares, they're just people who have faced discrimination that I will never know.

In the end, it all boils down to white fragility.

White people can stand or even fathom the fact that black characters can be as good as white characters so they shove them aside to rot. That's why we have so many Peter Parker and Steve Roger movies.

Not really seeing how that's relevent

NIGS DONT READ COMICS

Top Kek

bait.jpeg

Bring back Static desu

>Static
>a white boy trapped in a black guy's body
Why would anyone want that?

Has anyoned notice there's no black people who fund their own comic companies? It's getting kind of annoying.

Someone seems awfully angry most black superheroes are pretty crappy.

I'm asian so I don't really give a fuck,
nigga. Thanks, Japan!

Why is Japan literally the worst society ever?
Their intolerance and xenophobia would put America to shame.

That's because white people are always putting black people down.

Why bother?

t. Insecure white boy

Because black people, who continue to be disenfranchised even today, need representation.

How many is practically none?
Like can ya list them for us?
If ya list then out we will be able to tell how short the list is and agree with you.

Seems like a stretch to link those issues.

Black Lightning
Static
Black Panther
Falcon
Storm
Bumblebee
Icon and Rocket
Vixen

That's pretty much it. It's pretty disgusting.

I thought skin color didn't matter

It doesn't-when you're white.

If you're anything else, you're fucked.

>That's all they can think of

Boy oh boy, another strong case of niggers not reading comics.

Black people do read comics.

But please, enlighten us on the millions of black supeheroes out right now. I'll wait.

>African Americans don't read comics
>50% of comic readers are black
Nigga what?

It really isn't.
Charlotte is still a thing.

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:African_American

Here ya go, fag. From one company.

Half of these don't even count.

Why do you get to decide what does and doesn't count?

>Didn't mention Luke Cage, the black superhero with his own live action show right now
>Didn't mention Blade, the first Marvel black superhero to get a movie and he got his BEFORE Spider-Man did

Because I'm black and you're white?

It's not that hard.

How do you know I'm white? How do I know you're black?

>Luke Cage
You mean who's show got cancelled and now he has to team up with a bunch of white people? Yeah, great example.
>Blade
I don't see a bunch of kids going around saying they want to be Blade. What I do see is a bunch of kids saying they want to be Spider-Man. And sadly, it's not the Miles Morales version.

It's bait. He's a fag and most likely not black.

Why do you Sup Forums children like to LARP as black men online?

This is a thread about the lack of black representation in comics and you're against it.

Do the math and you'll see who's who.

So? Let kids have role models.

Why does Miles Morales matter?
According to you less than 30min ago, he doesn't even count as black.

>You mean who's show got cancelled
do you not know how Marvel netflixs shows work

Yeah fuck man. I wonder why kids would wanna be an insanely popular and relatable character who's been in comics for well over 50 years over some dipshit creator's pet that came from EDGY UNIVERSE and only become mainstream recently.

To make the black dildo up their ass seem less weird.
"It'd make more sense for me to use a black dildo if I'M BLACK TOO."

He doesn't but I'd rather have black kids looking up to him than Peter Parker.

This guy is right, we need to get the kids of today hype about Blade again.

Are vampires still wiped out in Marvel or are they back now? I remember it was a thing for a while that all vampires were destroyed, but i also heard that Jubilee is a vampire now so i don't know what's going on anymore.

>but I'd rather have black kids looking up to him than Peter Parker.
god why? Peter is actually a good character unless you just mean literally because Miles is black so that somehow makes him worth respecting more

STOP TAKING THE BAIT SO MUCH YOU COLOSSAL FAGGOTS

Are you saying that people can only relate to fictional characters with the same skin color?

So fake black people are better than white people?
Good to know.

It's easier than combating possible subconscious implications that only whiteys can be heroes.

Where the fuck has Blade been anyways? I want more Wesley Snipes. That tax-dodging motherfucker needs to get in on a reboot.

That's implying half the responses are legit, instead of just people dicking around like when people would go "remember Saturday Morning Watchmen when you were a kid? Such a good show."

>If you care about black representation, you must be a neo Nazi reject.
That's how you sound.

>Because Native Amrican people, who continue to be disenfranchised even today, need representation.

Fixed

Poe's Law is in effect here; there's a good chance this guy is being genuine and not just shitposting.

In which case, this thread is a lot worse.

I and everyone who reads comics noticed this decades ago. If you're just getting annoyed by it now I question your powers of observation.

The last time i saw him was back during Captain Britain and MI:13, where he joined up and immediately team killed the vampire in the group, but i think that was about a decade ago.

God i still have bile in my throat from when i found out that they blackwashed Turok...

Fucking Poe's law, it's almost as bad as Murphy's law.

Speaking of this, wasn't there a team with Native Americans on it during the Initiative?

Mighty Avengers for a minute. Almost had a comic with a new daughter but it was killed in the crib because a white guy was writing it.

Black people are already too privileged. They're the go-to diversity type.

Go start an all black comic company and make all black comics. If what you're saying is true there must be a huge, untapped audience out there waiting for relateable black heroes.

This fuckface made a similar thread yesterday about fags and you retards ate it up too. Report and hide this bait instead of feeding. Don't forget to sage

Of all the Native American suerpheroes I've seen, American Eagle is probably my favorite.
>Strongly identifies with his heritage.
>Yet his power set has nothing to do with mysticism or shamanism.
>All while starting out in one of the most stereotypical costumes ever.

why do americans care so much about the skincolor if the important thing at the end of the day is that all taht comics are american products is like america niggers dont think themselves as an americans Im mexican and we are proud of all ur representations white or brown like canelo and villanos etc

user are you feeling alright? Is one of your hands numb?

Kek

Because Marvel is now Minority Comics. Just buy their shit if you need black comics.

You think white people would allow that? Keep dreaming.

Its because this is the 2nd time you posted this thread this week

This is my first thread here.

why

Sounds like the truth is being told to you, user.

If people noticed this decades ago, why has no one done anything about it?

They did. It was called Milestone and was actually popular, but the creators were retards that decided to fold into DC.

But do continue, I love seeing massive victim complexes.

Why do white people need representation?

No person trying to be legit would call many black comic characters "fake black".
If they WERE being legit, they deserve any ridicule they get.

no fucks are given

Comic books don't exist to be vehicle of representation alone, they're about stories and art.

I'm confident that the vast majority wouldn't care and you could even find some Jew to loan you start up cash like in the music biz.

>No person trying to be legit would call many black comic characters "fake black".
You'd be surprised how often people try to invoke the No True Blacksmen fallacy.

Cause most of what was done was left to obscurity cause
1. Some of it was badly written/made
2. Some of it was good but never took off cause like ANY medium of entertainment you've got a better chance guessing the weather a year from now than what people will buy NOW.

That fallacy sounds made up by you. Either that or whoever made up the term is really shitty at naming stuff.

I do often hear the stories from friends about how being educated made you an "oreo". Black on the outside but white on the inside.

Retards the lot of them.

>That fallacy sounds made up by you.
Just scroll up if you want to see it.

Fuck off, nobody cares