Am I the only one who doesn't really like CatDog, Thornberrys, and Rocket Power...

Am I the only one who doesn't really like CatDog, Thornberrys, and Rocket Power? CatDog was mean spirited dreck and forced us to root for Dog, Thornberrys was BORING with the only redeemable factor being Nigel and his memes, and Rocket Power was cringey af

I ___agree

Catdog just never had a single likable character. In personality and design. Everyone was ugly and kind of a complete asshole.

Did not mind Thornberries, but it did seem a bit more like a pbs kids type of show aged up for a slightly older crowd.

Rocket Power was cringey. It came off as just way too much of a weird tryhard situation with out of touch middle aged show writers sitting around asking "Just what do kids think is cool anyway? I know let's cram everything X-games into a show as much as humanly possible and then pepper in some newly made up slang!"

What the fuck was his problem.

Hey man, don't hate on the time the sqjuid totally beefed it.

Shadman.

>CatDog
>A Mean spirited show attempting to be a cartoon with "Crazy designs", likely inspired by Ren and Stimpy.

>Rocket Power
>A show many to appeal to the active lifestyle of sport loving kids, while trying to be "Hype and Cool".

>Thornberrys
>A Klasky Csupo show.

Nah most people would agree with those sentiments OP. I think Thornberrys was the better one of those three because at least the cast wasn't totally unlikable though. I can't imagine anybody who's seen Rocket Power or CatDog recently can say they're terribly good.

That being said, I do think that CatDog was more hit/miss with its episodes, albeit mostly miss, while Rocket Power was more consistently mediocre. CatDog was more in need of serious quality control because it did have a handful of solid episodes, like the monster truck one and the parody of the Prohibition with dog biscuits, but overall was mediocre to downright bad. Rocket Power just felt like it was a corporate attempt to appeal to kids that were into X-TREME sports, so while it didn't dip as low as CatDog, it didn't have any real standout episodes either.

>Cartoons can't be good if the characters are mean!!! :(

Are you fucking autistic?

Thornberry was weird in that the entire supporting cast was far better than the main characters. The chimp was a piece of shit and the little girl was just awful.

Honestly, I didn't need the whole "talking to animals" Dolittle horseshit. An animated nature show with Nigel, the mom, and the teenager would have been just fine.

I liked Thornberrys a little, but it got stale quick minus Nigel. I agree with the other two.

>Am I the only one
No. Faggot.

Flea and Tim Curry alone made Thornberries worthwhile even though it managed to be about as exciting as paint drying. Should have taken a page or two from Indiana Jones and how to make jungles not shit.

Rocket Power was just plain unrealistic, as a kid I realized that there was no way in hell any group of kids could afford to be involved in half the shit they did. Also Otto and Twister were douchebags to the point of half the episodes being about them doing some shitty thing.

Cat Dog is like trying to recreate ren and stimpy at gun point.

Klasky Csupo also couldn't draw a good looking human to save their lives, the one time that worked to their advantage was Ahh Real Monsters.

Maybe Thornberries would be better if the animals were more wild. They were almost all perfectly friendly and tame even the predators. They needed more variation in personalities other than helpful friend that tells interesting facts about the wild. Nigel could have been the information guy to the audience.

>Klasky Csupo also couldn't draw a good looking human to save their lives, the one time that worked to their advantage was Ahh Real Monsters
Rugrats wasn't exactly beautiful but the designs were distinct, memorable and not too unappealing
Duckman also exists in a pretty grimy cynical world so the ugliness works there too
There's a reason they didn't survive past the 90s though

Klasky definitely was better at writing than animating. They made some of the only slice of life stuff found in western animation. But they insisted on maintaining their horrific style that turned half the potential audience off due to just being plain ugly.

I feel like the style degraded over time. The people in Rugrats were not so terrible but by the time they got to Thornberries and As told by Ginger they has this weird squiggly lines, mouth on the neck, horribly misshapen heads thing going on.

I didn't really watch the other two but Rocket Power was actual garbage and I don't know why it was popular

No sense getting pissed over things now. Klasky Csupo has been nothing more than a mid 90's era styled shitty website with an eternal "coming soon" comic. It's not enough to even bother calling it a shadow of its former self.

After being one of the major forces in animation on Nickelodeon, UPN, and CBS they gave it up and went out of business with Rocket Power and another terrible Rugrats continuation.

I only liked the Thornberrys for their home, Catdog and Rocket power were just things that were on though I liked the setting of Rocket power. Never did skateboard or surf.

Oh yeah I fucking hated most of those shows. I don't remember liking most of 2000s era Nick

I liked the episode where CatDog join a cat-only club (disguising Dog) but it turns out to be an anti-dog hate group.

It was popular because execs figured it was what all the kids were into and played it nonstop. It was the TTG of Nickelodeon.

This is why people only nostalgia over CN from the same era and never Nick. CN was incredible at the time while Nick just played trash on loop.

Our cable plan never came with CN...

it was the era it came out in, around 99-2003ish all things X-Games were hugely popular and anything could make twice as much money if they just stick a skateboard in it somewhere.

>Did someone say sk8brd