Sign of the Apocalypse: Wizard Magazine returns

>WizPop the daily video news service will share the uniquely authoritative point-of-view of Wizard covering the larger universe of all things pop-culture.

>In addition to standing as a daily digital presence, plans are in the works to return to publishing Wizard as a premium quarterly magazine.

>From “Casting Calls” to “The Drawing Board,” classic Wizard Magazine columns will be revived as web-based articles and regular video features. Wizard and WizPop will feature news and reviews of the latest in comics, tech, movies, gaming, TV, music, and toys. Also returning will be the hallmark in-depth feature interviews with some of the biggest names in the comics and entertainment industries.

>“To a generation of fans the Wizard name has stood at the intersection of entertainment and pop culture. By introducing Wizard and WizPop as vibrant digital incarnations, Wizard World will expand its pre-eminent position in the industry to connect and interact with millions of fans every day,” said John D. Maatta, Wizard World President & CEO. “With the triumvirate of Wizard, WizPop and the Wizard World live convention platform we have created a 24-hour a day digital and live experiential platform serving the fans of pop culture—the Wizard experience and the on-going conversation doesn’t stop when a Wizard Comic Con ends.”

businesswire.com/news/home/20170816005270/en/It’s-Back!!-Wizard-World-Announces-Return-Editorial

I never asked for this.

Oh man, it feels like time it's repeating itself

Sure, why not.

Kay.

ToyFare revival, please.

Because that's what people have been clamoring for-- another pop culture news blog.

Are 1/2 Comics coming back?

What about Molten Man?

They have that Boco. It's called Robot Chicken.

>Wizard is back!
>Staffed by former editors from Nerdist dot com

Ergo...Wizard was revived because the former co-host of Singled Out and Shipmates stopped drinking. I never would have guessed.

The 90s are literally back. Rob Liefeld Extreme Rebirth when?

Bring back InQuest please.

I picked it up before it died and it was shit. I used to buy it all the time in the 90s and would read everything in the issue

i keep saying TTG is similar to twisted toyfare theater but people have no idea what TTT is.

i have every issue except for like the first 10
i've never thrown any of them away and i still read them whenever i go home to visit the family
it was the best, so sad when it started to die off

I feel like TTT lives on in the /toy/ photograph threads and that one Japanese guy who stages the Bruce Lee and Freddie Mercury figures on Twitter.

Youngblood got rebirthed

Nerdist and Chris Hanson can go die in a tire fire

Marvel has already rehashed the fucking Clone Saga.

Heroes Reborn 2.0 is next. Soon.

The magazine went downhill somewhat during the late 90's but was still sometimes worth reading. But the beginning of the end was when they fired the people who'd been at Wizard since the beginning and hired people to make it Maxim-ish. I think that was like around 2008 or 2009. From that point to its cancellation it was mostly bland as fuck compared to what the magazine used to be.

Why not? Because current year. Wizard will just be another Bleeding Cool/Mary Sue/Outhousers/Buzzfeed clone.

Wizard was pure cancer on one of the main reasons the market tanked
They were so far up image's ( and to a lesser extend valiant's) they had book that were 4 months late already having double in cover price THAT WERE NOT ON THE SHELVES YET they were the reason Harbinger #1 was selling for up to 200.00
They pushed all the gimmick and speculation crap hard

I remember a Lobo issue where they mocked them.

Ow, the edge.

Wizard should stay dead. By the time it ended it wasn't even a comics magazine. Its decline into Sup Forums shit foreshadowed the death of ComicCon and comics fandom in general. Wizard was the first pillar to fall. I don't need it around reminding me how fucked this hobby is now and how good it used to be.

Yeah it was in response to how Wizard gave the Lobo title like a D or an F.

Did toyfare have a lot of "adult" toys in it? I remember somehow I got my hands on a toy/collectible magazine when I was maybe twelve, it had a bunch of weird stuff like teddy bears dressed like strippers and big tittied anime figurines.

New readers will never know about the amazing Zach the Malamute. RIP doggo