Would Samus be formidable in the DC universe or just another street level hero?

Would Samus be formidable in the DC universe or just another street level hero?

Since Batman is supposedly top-tier, someone with a thousand times the firepower and technology would probably be top-tier too.

Is that Darth Maul in the middle of that Metroid?

No that's Samus

Assuming events from the games happened in the DC universe, she'd be one of the GL corps most wanted criminals.

She'd be a cosmic hero and probably wouldn't be on Earth pretty much ever. She's a one-woman apocalypse so street level is a little insulting.

Stop wasting posts and images with this stupidity.

She'd probably be along the same level as Adam Strange

It's not stupid, it's totally Darth Maul in the middle of that Metroid.

These. Even just keeping her at maximum Super Metroid power (minus the Hyper Beam), she's a walking apocalypse.

I could see her clashing with cosmic heroes pretty easily, when they hear about the wake of destruction she can leave chasing a bounty.

Fans' Ideal Samus: Skull-fucking cosmic bounty hunter who gets roped into all the event comics as a heavy-hitter, and occasionally crosses over with Wonder Woman.

Game Samus: Explorer that gets used in high-concept space stories.

It's Mother Brain.
This. Samus is fucking strong as hell. She's had guns that shoot black holes before. She'd be cosmic for sure.

Formidable I guess
She's a space bounty hunter you could make some good stories with that

>high-concept
None of the Metroid games are high-concept.
Metroid: Space Pirates stole a parasite and it's threatening to destroy the galaxy, pls kill it.
Metroid II: same parasite is threatening to destroy the galaxy again, pls kill it.
Super Metroid: Space Pirates stole the goddamn parasite again, pls kill it.
Metroid Prime: Space Pirates put the parasite and phazon together, pls kill it.
Prime 2: Phazon-eating monsters are threatening to destroy the galaxy, pls kill them.
Prime 3: There's still some phazon left, pls destroy it.

>Samus is transported to the DC universe
>This destroys all her gear
>Proceeds to install motherboxes, lantern rings, zeta beams, flight rings, and so on.

I could see Samus being a Lantern desu.

She couldn't hope to contend with top tiers like Superman or Wonder Woman. She'd probably be a Black Manta tier threat.

>She couldn't hope to contend with top tiers like Superman or Wonder Woman
Why not? She can take a rocket to the face and only suffer mild, repairable damage. I'm sure once she acquires the kryptonite beam, Superman is fucked.

If Samus ended up in the DCU, she'd have pretty much no reason to go anywhere near Earth. Which is good because DC Cosmic could use some help.

Likely she'd mostly fight the Dominators, since they're uncannily similar to the Space Pirates.

Superman's too fast for that to work. She'd never tag him.

You're underestimating space bird magic.

Are street-level DC villains able to tank weaponized space-rifts?

As much as I prefer the DC universe over the Marvel universe, I really do think Samus would fit in better in Marvel than DC. She could work way better as a solo bounty hunter or someone who might join the Guardians of the Galaxy and get into all sorts of crazy cosmic adventures. Cosmic DC is ruled by the Green Lantern mythos and as much as I'd love to see Samus become a Lantern, with Ridley and the Space Pirates joining the Sinestro Corps, it's something that'd only really work for one arc. DC Cosmic isn't really interesting outside of the Lanterns or the New Gods.

I want a comic about the exploits of the Space Pirates Science team.

what if she was a rival to Lobo?

She'd be a pretty effective bounty hunter but one among many

And her and the Main Man would have a very complicated relationship because they employ very similar methods but have very different personalities

Oooh, didn't know I wanted this until now. This, this could work.

This would be a cool crossover idea
[Spoiler]Better than the fucking SNK/Marvel crossover[/Spoiler]

That would be stupid. They're total opposites and not in the fun way where it's an odd couple thing, they're just not compatible story-wise.

What about Mother Brain as a kind of evil Charles Xavier?

Samus Aran is an expert combatant in both ranged and close-quarters-combat, keen survivalist, unrivaled acrobat, master linguist, eagle-eyed archaeologist, professional particle physicist, top-tier xenologist, immensely skilled pilot, all-round engineer, enlightened meditative spiritualist, (almost to an Ascended Lady Master level while still living), and intuitive tracker. Suitless, Samus can lift 66.5 TONS on Earth. Her DNA is as modular to genetic upgrades as her armour is to technology, as she was infused with Chozo blood. She has, over decades of ruthless hunting and slaughter, ingrained herself into the very essence of Space Pirate culture, universally referred to as the "Accursed Hunter" and in isolated places is worshipped as a Goddess of death and war. She has been able to intercept, if not outright dodge, bullets after leaving the muzzle, and combined with her superhuman will and endurance (surviving multiple blasts from Mother Brain's rainbow beam) she's damn near invincible.

Samus Aran, in her universe, has ascended to the mythical status that Superman has in DC. She's walking Armageddon, and quickly devours any information available to her.

But can she crawl?

>Rivalries should be friendly like my animus!

Fuck right off, you talentless hack. They hating each other and trying to kill one another in brutal ways sounds great.

If the calc-heavy crazy on that one VS Wiki is anything to go by, Samus is probably in the low end of DC's high-tier dudes (they mostly scale from a source claiming that a power bomb can blow up a planet). Probably not strong enough to kill Superman, but enough to take down pretty much anyone weaker.

The Chozo would make a lot of sense as ancestors of the Shi Ar.

She really cant. But even if she could. Doing so would pretty much doom her to being hunted by pretty much everyone.

High concept means the opposite of what it sounds like, user. Metroid is high concept *because* it's simplistic

That depends, how much Phazon is involved?

...Take your fucking (You).

lel