You know, he initially auditioned to play the role of Peter Parker

You know, he initially auditioned to play the role of Peter Parker

Honestly he would have made a better one than Tobey

I dont think thats how it works

if he was picked but everything else about the movie from script to director and all were still the same wouldnt it be literally the same movie but with him instead of tobey?

The ideal Peter and MJ.

yes? thats the point

No, different actors produce different performances

No offense, but what kind of asinine point to make is that? That's like saying a comic book wouldn't be different if nothing was changed except the artist

Why do you think people say "Heath Ledger's Joker" and not "TDK Joker", or "Jack Nicholson's Joker" instead of Batman Joker, or "Mark Hamill" etc etc

The actor makes all the difference, and it's not pretentious to say that yes acting is an artform

as long as it was made in the 70s and with that shitty style in mind. Yeah, that would be a GOAT Spider Man movie

Wasn't he offered the role, but he went on to do That 70's Show instead?
I can sorta see Topher actually pulling off the "Bad Peter" phase in Spider Man 3.

I remember an Opie and Anthony interview where he said he showed up to audition in full Spider-Man costume , apparently he's a fan

Because people are retarded and the media push actors front and center for everything.
Not to say performance doesn't matter but it gets way too much credit when things like dialogue, makeup and editing make a lot of the performance work.

Actors are overrated. That being said Topher Grace would have been a great casting as Peter Parker regardless if we're talking about the Raimi version or not because he can pull of charming smartass better than anyone we've seen in the role.

>Actors are overrated.
I agree, but they have as much to do with the outcome of a performance as the script, directing, etc etc

People do put actors on a higher pedestal but that doesn't mean they aren't still extremely important

>Wasn't he offered the role
I can't seem to find anything suppporting this, so it was probably just something I dreamt up.
But yes, I would definitely have liked to see him as Peter Parker.

Peter yes, MJ no, for me

>Donna
>supermodel
laughingjackie.jpg

I now want to hear Mark Hamill read lines from The Dark Knight. Specifically stories about how he got those scars.

He did do that once, theres a video of it somewhere. Audio is a bit shit though.

I like Topher, but Tobey really hit the core of Peter's honest and kind nature. His mistakes don't feel malicious or shitty like Garfield's, they felt like a teen bullied his whole life and finally getting some spotlight, so he made some mistakes. Tobey really felt like someone just trying to do what is right.

>I like Topher, but Tobey really hit the core of Peter's honest and kind nature.
>Peter
>Honest and kind nature

Peter Parker is a massive douchebag, his origin is that of a cynical nerd who hates those around him, if it wasn't for his uncle dying he would have most likely become a super villain.

I'd prefer Jack

>The "Peter is bad" may may

Peter was careless and arrogant at first, no shit, but it was because he got the rough end of life every time. He's a kid, someone who makes mistakes. There's a huge difference.

>inb4 anons start posting out-of-context panels from Lee/Ditko/Romita without actually reading comics

Peter isn't "bad", that isn't what I said. I said he was a massive douchebag and cynical nerd, which he was.

He was never the guy Tobey portrayed in the movies, he was never the weepy eyed houseboy who has a heart of gold

Peter was that nerd guy who goes out of his way to make himself look smarter than everybody else and makes everybody feel bad about it. It's not like Reed who was SO SMART that people just felt bad, Peter was more like "ha flash you're so dumb, can't even pass the a test you jock"

Could bullies have treated him better? Sure. But Peter never really "got it" either until way later.

I like being bad
It makes me happy