Okay, no. We need to talk

Every single one of you drooling retards needs to get it in your head that this right here is not okay.

To elaborate, many of you have defended Dark Days: Metal Dark Crisis Ultra Super Whatever as an event that's meant to be a "fun" schlocky romp. Yeah? Well that's bullshit. So far, the book has been treating itself completely seriously, the story built up to be important and game changing, asking us to question the fundamental workings of the setting.

And then suddenly the League is on Warworld, with no context, and they hijack the Toyman robots attacking them, and form the Justice League Megazord. And then they leave, never mention this again, and move on with the story. ... WELL OKAY THEN.

If this was a "fun schlocky romp", the whole fucking book would be about gloriously wacky shit like this, but instead, it's about yet more "EPIC" multiverse Crisis type nonsense, and about how nothing will ever be the same, again.

Pick a fucking tone and stick with it, dipshit. Fuck Snyder, and fuck you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x7PjQnw_E0U
comicsalliance.com/multiversity-interview-grant-morrison/?trackback=tsmclip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do agree that there's a pacing issue. Snyder just can't do exposition without filling pages upon pages with boring word balloons, leaving little room for the fun stuff like that.

>he doesn't dig giant robots
youtu.be/x7PjQnw_E0U

His complaint is moreso "why open with something like this, then spend the rest of the issue on exposition played seriously".

I absolutely dig giant robots. Too bad when they form the Megazord, the next page just cuts to them going back home. We never even get to see them use the fucking thing. That's bullshit!

If you're gonna do crazy shit, let us actually enjoy the crazy shit. Blueballing piece of hack garbage.

>"Nothing will ever be the same."
>Largely confined to it's own series.
>Has a self-contained one-shot crossover with just six series just two or three times in just three months.
>Every other ongoing is ignoring the event and just going ahead with their standard stories.
Maybe it's just you, bro.

Its called a cold open. And its not like the rest of the book is 100% deadly serious with shit like Batman escaping on a dinosaur Emu.

>And then suddenly the League is on Warworld, with no context, and they hijack the Toyman robots attacking them, and form the Justice League Megazord. And then they leave, never mention this again, and move on with the story. ...
WTF?! I love DC now!

>reading Snyder Batman
After New 52 this is your own damn fault if you didn't realize that Snyder sucks when writing for the big two, and Metal being another Batman event should have told you of how low the quality will be. Fucking sheep

>robots made by the toyman acted like toys
>op acted like a faggot

everything's checking out so far

Oh fuck off. The Nth Metal thing, the Dark Multiverse, the reintroduction of several characters who we already know will appear in later books... This is about as self contained as a reactor leak. Stop living in denial.

That is exactly my complaint, one of them anyway. If this was supposed to be just a fun romp, why couldn't it just be a bunch of Warworld shenanigans? It's the false advertising that really gets to me.

>another Snyder hate thread
You really don't have a right to complain when you support even worse writers

Stealing from power rangers is what capeshit has come down to, and people still call writers who try as edgy.

All the advertising is about the Evil Batmen, Mongul only appeared in the preview of this issue.

>Stop living in denial.
The irony.

it's not okay. IT IS AWESOME. This is what comics are all about: taking something so batshit insane and making it so cool that we just don't give a fuck.

Pure creativity, not even bound by logic or reality.

I guess you don't like it, though......would you prefer batman moping in an alley again?

Shut the fuck up drone. Go drink more period blood

Honestly, I took this whole part as being nothing more than a Silver Age throwback, especially with that instance of Bat-Deduction out of nowhere and the whole idea of the arena.

Just a silly appetizer before we dive deeper into the story. Besides, I'm not convinced this won't just end with being Bruce's dream. It feels that way.

>cold open
It's a waste of an idea, a far more interesting one than some shit about Nth Metal being the source of all superpowers.

Seriously, did they at least bring the Megazord back to Earth with them? Of course not, because that wouldn't be a waste of time and ink.

>Mongul only appeared in the preview
And again, therein lies the problem.

Also, nobody sane gives a flying rat's ass about the Evil Batmen. They're nothing but a bunch of boring looking minibosses that Snyder desperately wants you to think matter worth a shit.

I mean really, The Merciless is just Bat-Ares for fucks sake. You could not phone it in any harder if you tried.
>The Drowned is just pirate Mera
... Never mind.

What I don't understand is how was this silly Megazord opening linked to the whole Nth Metal plot ?

What's wrong OP? Upset that people aren't hating it enough in its own thread?

>I guess you don't like it, though......would you prefer batman moping in an alley again?
I wanted to actually see the Justice League Megazord in action. You don't introduce some gloriously insane Silver Age bullshit like that and not have it play out. Snyder is such a fucking hack.

Jack shit. The most relevance it has is that it fits the motif. It's filler.

Why is the Justice League Megazord FILLER?

>Sup Forums is defending Snyder
How deep is Sup Forumsmblr and Sup Forumsddit infestation?

The whole concept is beautifully retarded Batwankery at its finest.

This whole Barbatos thing is getting a bit boring. We get it, Batman's superpower is being a legacy toon of a shit demon.

lmao, tubltards and redditors are the ones that complain about Snyder all the time

>he wants to act hipsterish about reading funnybooks made for 12 years old toddlers and 30 years old neckbeards
LMAOing @ your life choices faggot.

>waaaah I hate Batman! stop writing things about him this makes me mad!
Lmao

The show PR uses as a source wasn't even the first to use a giant combining robot. GoLion debuted begore Goggle Robo.

I'm just glad that Cyborg is having a good time.

that stick in your ass, would you die if I pulled it out?

Yeah, cause he actually got to see the Megazord being used.

Shame none of the readers did.

Fucking this. Injustice and TTG Cyborg felt like a kick to the dick, so this was pretty nice.

>Why is the Justice League Megazord FILLER?

RIGHT?!?!

The worst part for me is that I'm generally interested in the whole Nth Metal plot, and like the inclusion of Hawkman as a detective, with batman following his footsteps.

It's just these weird additions that put me off.

>Duke as the Signal (the fuck was that all about?)
>Joker apparently having inside knowledge on the thousand year old conspiracy and then just dissapears (how, why?! never referenced again)
>JL Megazord filler.

Snyder's a fucking moron who doesn't understand how tone works.

Neither do you.

>Reading Snyder's Batman
He hasn't written a good Batman story since Black Mirror

t. biased dickfag

Does Snyder just have an army of drones who defend his bad writing? Cause that's what this is. Bad writing.

You cannot expect the reader to take inherently silly shit seriously.

All of Snyder's Batman stories have just been shitty retellings of the stuff Morrison did just before him except with an added dash of THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

Correct that to DC story, and we have an agreement.

His Swamp Thing was okay

Ah, that might be the case, haven't read that one. Then all agree with your first statement.

> He spends his free time shitposting on an Indonesian image board

Yeah but it pulled in an even better run and effectively neutered it.

>he said in a thread about capeshit

>and about how nothing will ever be the same, again.
Only marvel does that bullshit. Calm down.

>t. Snyderfag

You sound like a fucking pissant

The point was to show the Justice League doing a Justice League thing before METAL shakes it all up. it was en media res

and anyway dude it was awesome

cold open

>nothing
That's Snyder's bread and butter
>CoO - And now Bruce has a brother and the CoO is behind Gotham, things will never be the same again
>Zero Year - Rewrote Bruce's early years
>DotF - Bruce told the Joker his identity things will never be the same
>Endgame - Bruce and Joker are dead
>Superheavy - Bruce forgot his memories things will never be the same again

It was necessary too since the issue is a setup with most of it being pure expository writing and Snyder doesn't want to go for cheap shock factor to keep people's attention.

>All the advertising is about the Evil Batmen, Mongul only appeared in the preview of this issue.
So do these guys conform to the members of the Gentry or what...?

You mean the story that undid an interesting premise with "LOL, it wuz all a dream!"?

What?

>Dame Merciless the femme fatale - Wonder Batwoman
>Demogorgunn - Horde of evil Batmen
>Hellmachine - The mountain that appeared in Gotham
Can't figure out Lord Broken or Intellectron, Barbatos and his influence maybe

Grant Morisson said that the Gentry were Batman's villains taking tot heir furthest extreme.
These look more like his allies taken to villainous extremes.

...not that any of that matters because Snyder doesn't have that level of detail in his worldbuilding. He's all texture and no deep structure. That's why you can't revisit his stories... there's no framework there to set new stories in.

It's not a Batman event.

>Grant Morisson said that the Gentry were Batman's villains taking tot heir furthest extreme.
The Gentry aren't based on Batman villains though, they're based on villain archetypes.
>here the Gentry represent all these bad influences, but really each one of the Gentry is kind of a villain archetype taken to the limit. Intellectron is the mastermind taken to the limit. Dame Merciless is the femme fatale taken to the demonic limit. Demogorgunn is the zombie horde taken to the limit, and so on through the rest of them. Lord Broken is the madhouse, Arkham Asylum taken it to the limit. Each of them represents a fairly understandable villain type once you think about it.

Read More: Digging Deep Into 'The Multiversity' With Grant Morrison [Interview] | comicsalliance.com/multiversity-interview-grant-morrison/?trackback=tsmclip

Everytime someone says that I want to follow up with "I USED TO READ WORD UP MAGAZINE"

I also like the take they represent Comic Companies. Intellectron being the Bat obsessed DC, Marvel as a broken 'house of ideas', Image being a zombie horde as both The Walking Dead and a variety of 'groundbreaking' books which just feel samey, etc.

lol stay mad fag