Remember when DC tried to do with Power Girl the same thing Marvel is doing with Carol Danvers now...

Remember when DC tried to do with Power Girl the same thing Marvel is doing with Carol Danvers now? Why DC realized that this was a terrible idea almost imediatly while Marvel is still trying to push dyke Carol after so many years being a commercial failure?

Even when she had that costume she was still showing quite a bit of skin

Because Carol is a good character with lots of potential and Power Girl is not.

Because even the writers hated the costume, and so tried to find a bunch of excuses to tear off parts of it.

>Carol is a good character
I'm glad that Marvel got rid of Carol's problematic costume and personality and backstory and origin and haircut so that people can properly appreciate what a good character she is.

low effort bait

They probably just wanted to make her suit more practical without getting rid of the fanservice, instead of wanting to appeal to the PC police like Marvel did with Carol

There's a page of her flying down from space and the suit entirely burning up, but I can't find it right now.
It's funny, when the costume switched back, the art team changed and looked noticeably worse to me. but that's just my opinion

>Her costume gets changed to lose the boob window
>They just find an excuse to put it there

Not really.

They never drew her like a man nor did they do it to to cover her up for the sake of modesty, they just wanted to give her a redesign like literally every other character and everyone hated it so they fixed it.

Because PG has always been a mess and writers plaything. Without tits the only thing she is known for is having a cluster fucked backstory surpassing even super girl.

And unlike Carol she isn't being pampered to become the female face of the DCU. So its ok if they revert back to what actually sells with her.

kek, don't even needs dubs or trips on this one.

For the record, PG went back to her old outfit and she still exists in main DC.

The truth is that Marvel doesn't really care about Carol. They have her there because of the movies but they know that nothing they do with the movies will matter in the books. There's no point in reinventing or adding to the mythos because they'll throw it all away once the movies come by and do that. Her comic has never sold well and they know it won't get better but they know that a certain fan type is latching on to her for political reasons and they can't do anything drastic or it'll be bad publicity and they can't just outright cancel the comic either. So they hire first time writers and tell them to write a bland character with superficial flaws and make sure to not do anything too drastic so as to affect the world at large be cause no one will read it anyways so don't waste your genius ideas on her. And the story won't matter anyways because her character is too important in universe and the book will just get absorbed into the next event after 6 issues so none of your ideas will have a chance to develop into anything meaningful. That's why the last 2 runs have focused entirely on side characters instead of Carol.

Kevin Feige is literally ignoring everything about Carol post 2012 except for the name and costume and Marvel comics knows this. They know that scarlet witch and heck even lady Sif are more popular than Carol but they're too vain to even try doing anything with them due to movie rights even though Carol is doing what like 20,000 a month now and Gwenpool is outselling her. Theyre doing everyrhing to keep carol on like support but have no plans for her once she wakes up. They honestly haven't even given it thought since they know deep down it won't happen. Power girl is a solid b-lister and has a dedicated audience and they know it doesn't make any sense to mess around with her too much. They know she'll never replace Wonder Woman or Hawkgirl or even Supergirl and have fully accepted it.

She doesn't exist in main DC unless you mean the main multiverse. She only exists on Earth-2 right now.

That Harley Quinn book isn't canon

DC didn't quite learn its lesson. Just look at Powergirl in Injustice 2. I wish they used this version instead of the mediocre full body suit.

>DC didn't quite learn its lesson
You mean NRS. At least there's the cleavage, unlike OP.

Power Girl is a terrible character, whether they admit it or not the boobs are her only decent not-generic trait

This.

It had nothing to do with trying to revamp the character for the movies like with Carol. It was just "let's give this character a cool hip new look for the modern age!" just like they did for literally every other Earth-2 character.

Source?

by issue 12 she got his boob windowed costume back

the in game looks way better, you just like powergir lcause of sex

she has a personality unlike every house of el fmaily member, goofy stories, and part of the best team

That shoulder pad is awful.

Because DC didn't over-invest in the character by slapping their brand name on her.

Honestly, I didn't mind the costume. I can live with less drawn cleavage.

I'm a sucker for tight superhero costumes

Its a shame you can't even customize premier characters like the others.

DC actually fucking HATES Power Girl.

The only reason she's even still alive is a combination of Paul Kupperberg sparing her during Crisis because Roy Thomas was pissy when DC told him they were mothballing the JSA immediately after Crisis and Geoff Johns (who convinced DiDio to spare her when pre-Crisis Supergirl was reintroduced as far as Geoff wanting her to be the POV character for remembering Pre-Crisis DCU when the plans for Infinite Crisis started up in 2002).

As for the last decade, she only got a book because of Amanda Connor as far as her wanting to draw the character again (she drew the Infinite Crisis tie-in arc for JSA Confidential that centered around her) and her run on the character selling well enough, that DC was willing to bring her back in the New 52

It explains why they made her a coalburning bitch in the New 52.