Is he a good father?

Is he a good father?

He's the father we deserve.

No, he's pretty awful.

He's the worst, his own sons are better parents than him
Dick is a better father to Damian and Jason is better to Bizarro than Bruce has been to any of the Robins

Depends on the writer but mostly

>pre-90s
yes
>90s
no
>post 90s
sometimes yes sometimes no

All Robins are what they are because of Bruce. So if they're good parents, that means Bruce did something right.

He did so badly they did the opposite of what he did and ended up being good parents

He's not even a good human being.

So he's Clay-tier?

That seldom works however. Most of the times, shitty parents raise shitty people.

That's why Jon will be the best Superman ever.[/spoiler

He's a good father in that he's raising his kids the best he can. He's a bad father in that Bruce doesn't realize that his best is bad parenting.

the guy is potentially mentally ill and didn't wan any of the kids
give the guy some slack, he tries his best

That's a really good anology. I'd say that sums it up. All of them were fundamentally changed by Bruce's parenting and not all of them responded in the same way (Dick is more stable than Jason), but they all did their best to NOT be Bruce when in a parental role and they are much more capable.

He's going to be exceptional when he grows up. I've never seen a kid with more potential than John. I love his dynamic with Damien and I truly believe they will help each other grow. Damien will push John to be more critical/observant and Jon will push Damien to open his heart. Tomasi Superman and Super Sons have been what I wanted for years.
A solid Superman series with action, art,
and purpose

I don't know if Supes is a better father than Pa Kent.

Supes would probably say the same thing

He was in the 70s and 80s. Then when the "brooding grimdark Batman" craze happened he suddenly turned into a dickhead to his kids.

you need TWO parents to raise a child well.

>Bruce
>Alfred
That's two.

Hell, Dick had three dads.

I really do miss the post-crisis setting. Rebirth has some good points, Supersons, the Outlaws, Diana's new introduction to mans world, and... erm, I think that's pretty much it for me. Superdad of course, but he is technically doesn't count as Rebirth. Bruce meeting BatDad was good. I suppose I sort of like the whole Watchman background stuff, but there isn't enough focus on it to keep me invested issue to issue.

I don't especially like the new take on the Bat family, despite liking Nightwing I'm finding the series dull as hell, they have ruined the Image stuff from making Constatine a twink to having Lucifer not even stay true to it's previous run.

>the Image stuff
Uhhh... user?

Depends on the writer. With Damian he was a good dad in Batman Inc., and a great dad in n52 Batman & Robin. Lately it's been a mixed bag of different visions for the way Batman parents, especially between Super Sons and Teen Titans.

He's had some great parental moments with Jason Todd over the past few years. They are building past that edgy angry phase that he's been in and now he pretty much has a great functioning relationship with Bruce, especially as of the lastest RHATO annual.

Dick is self-explanatory. He's really his only adult son, and he treats him like thusly. He probably trusts Dick more than anyone except Alfred, so they aren't very clingy. I haven't read any of his ongoings since halfway through Grayson though.

Honestly his relationship with Tim has always felt the least familial. They just don't feel like they have the same connection as any of the others. Tim feels like a nephew, at best.

You don't actually know much about Constantine, do you user?

To be fair, most of the time Tim has his own parents

Brainfar. I mean Vertigo stuff, obviously.

He's a manwhore, but from art to him being in a relationship with a black guy built like Luke Cage, the entire thing just felt off.

>Teaches kids parkour, self defense, and brings out the best in them.
I dunno, you tell me.

>Went to hell for Damian's soul
Most parents wouldn't do that.

Most also wouldn't take their child to site of their murder.

WE NEED MORE TIM AND CONNER

especially if their kid was a monster like Damian
Damian was already a trained murderer when he arrived at Wayne Manor anyway, if anything Batman tried to give him a normal childhood and he refused until Dick made him Robin

>Brainfar
This sounds like an alien conqueror's name.

BOW BEFORE BRAINFAR, HUMAN

I was talking about what he did to Jason.

that arc was so dumb, it was just Batman going around being told by the rest of the family
plus bringing Jason back there made no sense

All Robins have died because of Bruce.

At least they died for something

hacks will write hacky shit

Bruce has died for all of them too, quid pro quo.

Isn't Damian Ra's al Ghul 2.0 now?

In the last run of Batman and Robin..

There are far too many Robins and Batgod primarily quasi familial people as it is. Additionally, once The Cereal Lords outline for the shit that was New Kingdom was followed to it's inevitable reset button conclusion and Chris Kent was sent back to limbo and the stupidity of his FP universe gave us a El-less Kon that got dumped and no one noticed (much less cared), there's no real reason to bring back Kon-El anytime soon.

Since Metal is what it took to finally bring back Starman and Hawlgirl, you can just expect that sometime around 2035, they'll bring Kon back.

true this

No.

Only in Batman Beyond.

>Bruce
>Alfred
>Clark
Dick had four dads, including his dead father.

>Batdad
>Butlerdad
>Superdad
>Daddad
>Gaystalkerdad

>Daddad
>not Deaddad

He's a decent father considering he spends his night fighting crime in a bat-suit and is faces life threatening danger every single day and usually tries to keep his kid under control and not always on the streets fighting crime with him. Does he fuck up occasionally? Sure. But no parent is perfect.

As a father, I would never put my child in harms way. Batman is a mentally ill self-centered individual. He only sees the mission ahead and nothing around him. Damian was a tool for Batman to use in missions, the only time Batman had feelings for him is after he died. Then restoring him back to life was Batman new mission in front of him, while ignoring his friends and family around him that are trying to support him.

Adding to this, the fact Batman continues to put himself in danger instead of retiring from the hero game is also an example of being a self centered horrible father. Damian should be his number one focus. When you have a child your life stops being about you first.

Then the same goes for Superman and Jon

Damian was raised to be a killer though. Making him a Robin is a good way to set him on the right path.

Also, this is comics we're talking about. Judging them with real-life standards is absurd.

>a good dad in Batman Inc.,
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>especially if their kid was a monster like Damian
lol.Timfags.

Tim Drake is a natzi.

Well with all his death and now Batman Incorporated , the truth is that not much has been shared with Damian and treatment a distant , not as it has been with Tim . I think Bruce does not care much for him.

In fact those who have taken charge of him and improve his attitude have been Dick and Alfred , they do that take all the credit.

Bruce should spend more time with his son and less time with his black non-Robin".

hit the nail on the head. social services would have a field day with batman. Batman may be many things but a good father he really isn't.

Bruce is a bad father, in both a real world and super hero world sense.

I remember liking his parenting moments in New52 B&R.

Let's be honest here, social services wouldn't have had the resources to care. They can barely care about the kids without secret identities as it is.

No.

He has enough money to pay others to be good fathers to his children.

>when he grows up
top kek

Dick and Jason would have died without Bruce and Damian wouldn't exist. Only Tim would have been better off never knowing him.

You sound insufferable.

God no.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHA