DAMMIT DC IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE

DAMMIT DC IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE

Gaiman said he trusted Scott

You have to deal with it

you guys are fucking plebs, Daniel has showed up in Morrison's JLA and Johns' JSA.

READ COMICS YOU STUPID FAGGOTS

That was my point though, it all gets run by Gaiman. Nothing is being dishonored or whatever.

They made a prequel to Watchmen as well as Lucifer. what the hell do you think?

sacred cows hold back the medium.

This. DC always asks his permission. Some people be crying for nothing.

Cape comics are a series of "runs". You read the good ones and ignore the bad ones. Batman has stood the test of time with plenty of bad comics. Even if this ends up being terrible, the Gaiman Sandman series will not be lessened by it.

>Gaiman said he trusted Scott

SNYDER HATERS BTFO
Turns out angry nobodies are the people that hate him

Putting this stuff up on a pedestal is retarded.

Watchmen is a really good comic, but it's just a superhero comic. Same with Sandman, though it hardly falls into the superhero genre.

And the original stories aren't ruined retroactively. A ton of utter trash has been made in the Star Wars universe, but it doesn't make the original movies shittier.

>He didn't like Metal
>He isn't hyped for more Endless appearances
>He doesn't know anything about Daniel and Carter

You serious right now user?

This. Honestly, if it makes for an exciting story I don't care if they use Watchmen or Sandman. It has no impact on my view of the original stuff.

At least DC is actually experimenting now.

So how will Joker worm his way into this one?

He's takes over for Destruction

he was already in the Casting issue

also one of the Nightmare Batman is a Joker

>Destruction
>Not Delirium
Nigga you stupid.

Hello, Big Bro!

that's not the sandman is it?
im in the middle of reading the sandman.
im onvolume 2

>When your meme won't come true but you are still hoping it happens.

Delirium didn't retire so it wouldn't make sense to mention her in that context.

>Retire
This is Snyder we're talking about. Bat wankery and Joker wankery abound.
Either Delirium loves the Joker and gives him her position, or he will take it by force of being more crazy than she is.

Yes they did and they were always part of the universe, but cameos or fun one shots are not the same as a fucking event. Johns editorial is cancer and pander only to WB executives.

Snyder and Johna are powerlevel retards that lack the skills to justify this shit.

Don't worry about it and keep reading.

yes and no

the original Dream, "Morpheus" dies. Daniel, a human child born in the dreaming becomes the new Dream, a much more compassionate version.

Not OP but I wasn't impressed with Metal.

It better improve fast or I'm going to drop it like a bad habit.

Sandman ends with a contrived bullshit plot where Sandman murders Silver Scarab in front of Fury for shits and giggles and then declares that her baby, Daniel, is HIS, just because he can take the child anytime he wants.

So one of Morpheus' enemies decides to steal the brat/fake the baby's death to get Fury to kill Morpheus. But she can't do it herself, so she ends up calling upon the Furies of Greek Mythology (her namesakes) to do it for her. They refuse, BUT then tell Fury that there is a loophole in that they can punish (IE kill) Morpheus for another crime he committed (murdering his son) to avenge what he did to Lyta and Hector and their son. Which leads to them threatening to nuke the Dreaming and everyone in it, unless Death agrees to kill Morpheus (which he ultimately consents to).

However, as a final fuck you to Fury, Morpheus turns her son into his avatar/the new Morpheus. Which means Fury can never be with her son again and Daniel has to watch as all of Morpheus's friend keep trying to do horrible horrible things to her, because fuck the new incarnation of Dream, they liked Morpheus better and want Fury to suffer for taking him from them.

He appeared off-panel in JSA, which was around the time Neil basically demanded NO ONE NO ONE be allowed to touch any of the characters featured in Sandman without his explicit permission. Even though he didn't fucking create Fury or Silver Scarab (who was by this point the new Doctor Fate), Neil declared them HIS characters and that no one could EVER write them again. So Geoff (who went through a LOT of trouble bringing Fury back and rehabbing Hector as Dr Fate), had to have them killed off in super rushed fashion and had Danial (off-panel) usher their souls to a nebulous other dimension after they were killed off

>let me throw more buzzwords it will make my lack of any real argument seem legit!

It's a reincarnation of Dream. The Endless are Immortal but can change form. Kinda like that fag the Doctor.

Gaiman is probably familiar with American vampire. Not with his current shit.

why will they incorporate Codename: Knockout??

Dream Daniel looks awful in this artstyle though. He is supposed to be youthful and androgynous, as symbol of new beginning, not looking like badly aging rock-star.

>He appeared off-panel in JSA, which was around the time Neil basically demanded NO ONE NO ONE be allowed to touch any of the characters featured in Sandman without his explicit permission
Source on this?

Fucking this

Sage for bullshit thread

>Joker tries to fuck with Delirium
>she makes him sane, thus completely de-powering him

Wankery or not, you don't fuck with the Endless.

>but cameos or fun one shots are not the same as a fucking event.

Literal autism.

man, what did Gaiman have against Lyta and Hector

When did Ric Flair become Batman villain?

I'm already bored with Metal. Yet another Scott Snyder Batman centric comic with cockteasing pf a mystery that will inevitably end up being not only disappointing but also anti-climactic. But hey, fanservice, yay!

No, Star Wars are shit movies on their own.

Gaiman also said he likes the Lucifer show. Dude's got his own opinions, and they're not always good.

Ugh. I always had a distaste for Gaiman, just never had great examples before. This I feel validates me though - for how much anyone says that he's a visionary writer that only cares about his artform, he's just as much an egomanical douche as any other author in the industry.

Lucifer's a fun show. Just because it's not a faithful adaption doesn't make it bad. Look at iZombie, literally has nothing to do with the comic beyond a qt.pie zombie eating brains.

>Look at iZombie
You mean, total garbage?

No, I mean ultimate comfy.

Did you post this the other day? I swear someone said the same stuff, but never gave a source for it.

Metal will be fine but the tryhards "intellectuals" that spend their time in hypercrisis threads will find reasons to hate it.
Remember this is the board that loves Johns, Hitch etc. but has the guts to shit on Snyder

When the fuck has anyone praised Hitch?

>doesn't follow the JL storytimes

During the period that started with the Authority, vol. 1 and ended with the insanely late Ultimates 2. Or America's Got Powers, I guess. Depending from whom you ask.

That was when he was solely an artist. user was most likely referring to Hitch's attempts at writing lately.

>comfy
Look, a retard!

Well it's not like Hitch's art has been particular good either for some years now.

Not metal enough, needs lobo

You'll notice that question answers itself if you keep reading buddy. Don't worry it's still a fun read.

iZombie is great, pleb

Lucifer and iZombie are more entertaining than any current liveaction capeshit

Fuck off, tasteless retard.

Not the first time Dream has helped out the JLA

>"le capeshit" buzzword
Thanks for outing yourself.
Of course only Sup Forumstards would watch that tripe.

>mad at well-written suspenseful drama

lmao

You can stop with your shitty memes, Sup Forumsshitter.

liveaction comic book show objective ranking:

iZombie > AoS > Lucifer > Gotham > Arrow > Daredevil > LoT > Supergirl > Luke Cage> Jessica Jones > Iron Fist > Wynonna Earp > Flash

>enjoying good television that got a decent comic an omnibus is a Sup Forums meme

?

>LOOK MOM, I POSTED THIS AGAIN XDDD
I repeat, fuck off with your garbage. Preferably die somewhere.
>good show
Seriously, stop. You're not funny and only shitting the thread up with your shitty opinions on a garbage show.

Oh god, this scene. This is the page that sent H.E.A.T. into an autistic rage the likes of which no fandom will see again. Dream saying Kyle would surpass Hal because he understands fear is what prompted them to send a mystery package to DC's offices. Fucking bomb squad was called in and everything. A few weeks later when letters came in, hundreds were from HEAT members asking for the heads of editorial, Morrison and anyone affiliated.

The DCMB had to fucking shut down the GL and JLA board. God it was hilarious and insane. I hate being old.

what the fuck

>that Supergirl series being better than anything except for a vasectomy with no anesthesia

You opinion is literally, objectively wrong. There is absolutely nothing about it that can be taken seriously as the choices of an informed man.

Good time, good times.

Sandman is supposed to be part of the DC universe, so this really isn't the same as something like Watchmen.

They guys sound worse than the "Never Sam, always Rich" guys

Rich fans are small fry compared to HEAT. Hell, fucking imagine something like HEAT happening today.

100%
it's funny that they're basically the same autistic faggots though

H.E.A.T. is great proof that comic book fans have always been insane autists, deep down. All that's changed is the technology and the level of access it affords.

and to think people say batfags are terrible

>READ COMICS YOU STUPID FAGGOTS

Sup Forums? Actually read comics rather than just bitch about them? You speak madness, next thing you'll be telling /tg/ to actually play games.

HEAT was fucking bad dudes. Like, the worse I have ever seen of comic book fans. When Hal Jordan became Parallax and Kyle came in, they formed HEAT, which originally stood for Hal's Emerald Attack Team. They would later change it to Action due to some incidents of coordinated violence across the country and random comic shops. They basically went into shops, tore of copies of Green Lantern and in a few cases assaulted people. Of course they claimed it wasn't them.

Shit was fucking wild. One of their leaders called himself Lord Malvolio after a character from the GL backups in Action Comics Weekly and if you were a GL fan you fucking knew him. He patrolled EVERY FUCKING FORUM. All of them. He claimed it was for his online store Emeralddawn, but he was basically scouting for new recruits and trying to control the situation.

At a convention I once talked to Ron Marz about all this and he said that writing GL at the time felt like a fucking nightmare due to all the harassment. He had to change his number (he has no idea how they got it) and the offices had to check his mail just in case.

In perhaps undeserved fairness to H.E.A.T., Hal really did get some shoddy treatment in the end. Sure he was never a great character but the entire Emerald Twilight/Zero Hour thing was pretty egregious character butchery.

Not to mention in the process the Green Lantern Corps was destroyed, which I think to this day is the single dumbest fucking thing DC has ever done.

Certainly doesn't justify a fucking bomb threat, though.

Damn, Johns must have been busy

Yeah, but Final Night was GOAT

>Not to mention in the process the Green Lantern Corps was destroyed, which I think to this day is the single dumbest fucking thing DC has ever done.

Hardly. Even today they barely manage to do anything with the corps beyond "omg change in leadership or THE CORPS IS LOST/NEARLY DESTROYED!"

Does uh... does anyone have one of those where-to-start-reading things for Green Lantern?

Kyle is the best comic book character created since 1990

The Corps suffers from the same problem characters like The Spectre do: Status Quo is God.

>inb4 Malvolio was Johns all along

>which I think to this day is the single dumbest fucking thing DC has ever done.

The Corps had also been destroyed a few years prior to Gerard Jones run. Fuck, the Corps I believe was destroyed another time before that.

From my understanding, the idea was to make Hal into a Magneto like figure. One who was trying to fix everything in the name of a flawed ideal. Eventually he was to be redeemed and become an elder statesman type in the cosmos. This was abandoned due to Zero Hour kinda butt fucking everything. But it was really interesting where this would have went. Here' we have a fallen hero driven to insanity on a quest to fix everything at any cost.

Final Night was pretty great though in tying it all up in a bow. Especially him dying a Lantern saying his oath.

As for his treatment, DC tried hard as hell to please Hal fans and calm HEAT the fuck down. During Kyle's run Parallax kept popping up. Hal Jordan came back from the past for almost half a year and it was essentially a Hal/Kyle book vs. Parallax. Hal would be seen in a bunch of Year One style stories and flashback books. Elseworlds dedicated to him. Etc... Dude even had shit tons of merch. But it was never enough. HEAT could never be happy. Even his time as the Spectre which gave us a pretty fucking solid ongoing was spat on. Some of the BEST Hal Jordan tales were in that book.

But yeah, messy stuff. I was 17 and working at Golden Apple Comics is Hollywood. Those were the days.

Busy fapping to his Hal and Kyle fan fiction? Nothing can be gayer than that "you've never flown with me" one shot with Cooke.

Polite storytime request

Malvolio was some sad shit from New York who got busted for impersonating an Air Force officer. That's the reason his Emeralddawn site went defunct since he spent some time away. I remember Alvaro's Comic Boards exploding when that shit came to light. This guy was pretending to be a real life Hal Jordan.

That is just sad. What a sad human being.

I don't understand why it's so hard to emphasize the fact they're essentially cops in space. Sure they have rings that shoot lasers and it's a capeshit book but come on. Treat it properly as a cop book, in space.

Of what? A lot of stuff has been mentioned in this thread
The Metal thread was here:

>DC scuppering a promising character arc in the name of a massive continuity reset

Sunrise, sunset.

>Malvolio was some sad shit from New York who got busted for impersonating an Air Force officer
>This guy was pretending to be a real life Hal Jordan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Jesus. You couldn't make this shit up. This would make a great low budget movie.

This is Zack Snyder Fault

Because every writer now wants to tell a HUGE EPIC NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME story. Can't do basic space cop stuff with that.

Back when I was working at Golden Apple, we were one of the first shops on the west coast to get those DC Direct Planet Krypton Green Lantern ring sets. Somehow he caught wind of this, and the fucker tried to order out our stock. I didn't speak with him, but one of my buddies did. He said the guy was going on about how he's the biggest GL online retailer and he needs them because true GL fans want them.

I ended up speaking with a guy who worked at Midtown in New York about this and he said that he was on a block list due to harassing staff for exclusives and direct access to product for his site. If anyone ever wondered why emeralddawn.com always had those rings listed but with a huge SOLD OUT across for fucking ever... there you go.

Fuck him and his inflated prices. People thought we ripped them off, fucking wildwest of online shopping was ridiculous.

Is this book even in continuity?

Johns ruined the GL with the emotional spectrum

>Neil basically demanded NO ONE NO ONE be allowed to touch any of the characters featured in Sandman without his explicit permission
And god bless him for that. There's plenty of other incestuous capeshit trash to lap up. Keep Sandman out of the gutter