It's already superior to the original because they finally nailed Scrooge's personality. In Ducktales...

It's already superior to the original because they finally nailed Scrooge's personality. In Ducktales, Scrooge was a complete wet blanket, a nice old grandpa and wide-eyed idealist who liked treasure and adventure. His greed was downplayed to a ridiculous degree to make him more likeable to dumb kids.

In the comics, Scrooge is a total hardass, viciously independent and carrying a sharp wit. He's quicker to anger than fucking Donald. His greed, distrust and lack of priorities are portrayed as immense flaws which makes him not only funnier but also more tragic and his eventual care for his nephews even more satisfying.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ggmVm2ljDuw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I gotta agree. You make multiple good points. I also like what they did with Ms. Beakley and Webby. I know people will shout "SJWs!" leftism! feminist trash!" but I genuinely like them more now. Webby isn't just a retard with a fetish for pink, and Ms. Beakley looks like she'll actually be allowed to take part in combat or at the least roughhousing, instead of fainting every 5 seconds.

The logic and twists that came from Atlantis being upside down definitely threw me for a ride too. The twist with the jewel was fantastic

Donald is better too, in the comics he's just a straight man. Here he actually gets angry a lot.

>care for his nephews

You mean Dewey? Did he even talk to the other two the entire time in Atlantis? I don't know, the entire thing felt very rushed. Nothing really felt earned. Right out of the gate you've got ghost pirates and dragons turned to stone and then suddenly LETS GO TO ATLANTIS which is maybe two rooms? Dug the logic in that the jewel would be on the ceiling but then they just kind of wander out and the bad guy loses because, by the way!!, jewels cursed. They need to let the show breathe more and cool it on the sarcasm. Try and be a little more genuine and actually enjoy the adventure, not just snark their way through a couple of booby traps to get a useless mcguffin that we'll never see again anyway.

I was referring to the comic, clearly there's no real bond in the cartoon yet. Still better than screaming about them waiting for him to die so they can claim his inheritance.

What? That only happened with Magica's fear-clones of the triplets, right?

Reminder that in the quasi pilot of the original Ducktales, it was his greed that set off the plot
youtube.com/watch?v=ggmVm2ljDuw

>Did he even talk to the other two the entire time in Atlantis?

I think he called on Herbert once.

There's something exceptionally offputting about this animation.

>In the comics, Scrooge is a total hardass, viciously independent and carrying a sharp wit. He's quicker to anger than fucking Donald.
Stop pretending he was any of these in the DuckBoot pilot.

The date says 1987 but it feels more like 1977.

>I know people will shout "SJWs!" leftism! feminist trash!"
Do you deny it? It seems you like them in spite of the SJW trash. Tell me how making them better than the boys improves their character.

he was witty and a hardass, don't know how you failed to see that, we've yet to see him angered aside from that whole bit with donald

>One instance of a girl doing anything
>WAAAAAAAAAAAH SHE'S BETTER THAN THE BOYS! WAAAAAAAAAH!

I don't even know why I come here anymore

>Ms. Beakley looks like she'll actually be allowed to take part in combat or at the least roughhousing, instead of fainting every 5 seconds.
She's... the fucking... HOUSEKEEPER. It's absurd to think she would ever take part in combat other than maybe hitting a burgling Beagle Boy on the head with a frying pan! Not every fucking character in the original show has to be "redeemed" by turning them into a fighter.

>better than the boys
>is a terrible liar episode 1

yeah no, she's already worse than louie and we got like 2 minutes of him

Meanwhile Launchpad is demoted to a chauffeur, while Scrooge's original Chauffeur and Butler doesn't appear at all.

>better than the boys
was it stated and implied that she was this?

>Launchpad is the chauffeur now
Please be joking. There was still a sliver of a chance I was going to watch to this thing, but I don't know if my heart can bear a Launchpad that doesn't live to crash planes.

He crashes a plane in the very first episode, user.

Phew.

He also pilots a plane in the pilot
submarine too

It's already inferior to every series I watch on the regular because Donald's voice is so bad that I can barely understand half the shit he says. There are literally thousands, if not millions, of people who can do the Donald Duck voice, and they grab someone who clearly struggles with it. Fuck this shit, if he's going to remain a regular then I'm not sure I can tolerate it.

Um, pretty sure they didn't "grab" anyone and that it's Tony Anselmo, Donald's voice actor for the past 30+ years. Maybe he's losing his voice, but on a project this high profile they wouldn't have gone with anyone but him.

I don't find him THAT hard to understand. You can usually get it listening to it two times or less.

It doesn't. It's Disney's Gynocentric propaganda at work. If women were portrayed realistically most men would commit SUICIDE. Most men cannot stomach the idea that women are the inferior sex. These "capable intelligent skilled women" shit is just the fetish of subservient beta males.

In a weird way I am glad that real women are repulsed by these losers and that they try to cuckold them. The problem is that these losers are also the ones who will invent artificial wombs and could you imagine a world where beta males easily reproduce? It sounds like a disaster. To quote McBain in undercover nerd:

"The weak shall inherit this world!"

And that is going to lead to the species getting fucked over and HARD. Whatever happens, for as much as women suck the beta males are much worse.

So she's a bad liar....that's a non-flaw. Same goes to her being cooped up in the house for years. In a show about global adventures you know that is a moot point. Webby is just another unrealistically competent twat character. Same to Ms Can Fight And Unrealistically Kick Male Ass because if they showed male antagonists successfully beating up Beakly? It would get canned for Violence Against Women displays. That and of course portraying a woman as incompetent.

And we can't have that now can we?

basically the idea is that she's had to deal with all the supernatural shit in scrooge's mansion on a daily basis

>one instance
You mean that time Webby captured the triplets and struck fear into their hearts? Or that time Mrs Beakley womansplained that she wasn't Scrooge's secretary, and then proceeded to throw a pen into the wall? What about that preview where Webby went full Splinter Cell on the triplets? Just that one time.

Supernatural shit? What could be considered supernatural besides maybe Scrooge's lucky penny (which isn't magical, but still draws Magica de Spell to the the mansion now and then)?

The sad thing is, I don't know if you're joking or not. I've been terrified that this is what Alex Hirsch's girlfriend would do to the characters, but I haven't actually watched the pilot yet.

Maybe try watching the episode before you bitch about it.

>What could be considered supernatural
Did you even watch the episode? Also Scrooge has dangerous enemies, so a body guard makes sense

I'm legit describing things that happened, yeah. I WISH I was making it up. And yet people like this still slurp it up with a spoon.

Or I could just bitch about the fact that apparently they reinvented her character completely and, according to , turned into some kind of bodyguard. As a fan of the original incarnations of these characters, I'm entitled whatever opinion I want on whatever I gather from reading about the reboot on this board.

This fucking guy. This may be even more annoying than punching Nazis.

I can't stop thinking of launchpad as duc version of chris pratt

>Urggghh he's comparing a new thing to the older thing it's based off of AND HE HASN'T EVEN WATCHED IT HE'S ONLY READ WHAT WE'VE WROTE ABOUT IT AND ASDFFYGYGyg38e7g387g!!!1111

Parks and Rec Chris Pratt, maybe. But it's hard to compare him to any action movie characters Pratt has played as they are generally pretty competent.

yeah, parks and rec

But what's happened to Webby is not unique. It's standard procedure across all cartoons for many years. Female are always the intelligent snowflakes who rarely if ever are inconvenienced. Even as a kid despised Wilma Flinstone for being an untouchable cunt (who sabotaged her own husband from success a chunk of times).

Man fuck writers for making these annoying Mary Sues.

>I'm legit describing things that happened, yeah. I WISH I was making it up.

yes but you're also given them a context that doesn't exist and makes you sound like a crazy person.

You mean when Webby tied them up and then creeped them out and Mrs Beakley being mad at her shitty employer not remember what it is she does there?

I'm just glad that they're giving them something to do aside from being annoying as shit set decoration. Besides, you're getting your "women being put in their place" thing with them alluding that thr Boy's mom was probably killed on and adventure.

Beakley doesn't even act like secretary work is demeaning or anything, just that it's not her job. She flat out tells him to hire a real secretary.

>She's... the fucking... HOUSEKEEPER.

So is Inez with the lazy eye, but goddamn, I do not fuck with her when she breaks out La Chancla.

She probably knows that Scrooge is just trying to save money, and that he's too cheap to pay her to do both jobs.

You guys realize that Webby is going to be a patsy for the Boys' pranks, right? She'll basically be their bumbling sidekick.

Wow. Is the show as triggerable as this thread insists? Or is it just pretty tame and people are blowing things out of proportion? I can never tell with place these days. Really wanted to give the show a go too.

*this place

git gud

>Supernatural shit? What could be considered supernatural besides maybe Scrooge's lucky penny (which isn't magical, but still draws Magica de Spell to the the mansion now and then)?
they established in several shorts on YouTube, that Scrooge owns a lot of mystical and sci-fi crap(including a time machine), enough so that the vacuum has a ghost setting on it

The only thing Sup Forums is good for anymore are the images and storytimes.

It's a reboot of a twenty year old and beloved cartoon. How can you not expect autism to spike?

Not to mention that he actually gets a whole lot more screen-time unlike in the original Duck Tales.

It seemed pretty tame to me, but I'd recommend checking it out yourself if you're curious.

>People went full REEEEEEEEEEEEEE at a thread when some user posted Alex's twatter antifa signaling.

Why are the backgrounds so drab and ugly? Is a little more effort really too much to ask?

never thought I'd see a Shocker Combatmen version of Pepe

They're modeled after the look of the comic books, you filthy pleb. Compared to pic related, isn't it obvious? /s

I thought it was nice. That the boys could fight so well was strange given that they best of the cheap were characterised as somewhat competent pros. They however still beat them comically and with team work. Webby was flipping around doing martial arts and shit. Donald didn't even get a brawl in. Pretty odd, tb//h.
Everything else is okay. The special agent gran is fine, sort of. She's hardly even a character at this point and doesn't seem primed for adventure so much as she's okay with Webby going.

Things i liked
>Scrooge's personality as OP stated
>Webby isn't nearly as bad or annoying a character as I anticipated from the trailers
>new Ms. Beakley is now pretty cool
>Donald's in it right off the bat
>Launchpad is pretty much untouched, if maybe a tad more vocal
>animation and colors are fun
>the background character designs are also really cool
>Similarly to Webby, the nephews didn't piss me off like I thought they would, especially having normal modern boy sounding voices
Things I didn't care for
>Dewey's little development episode, but I can understand that was the whole point of the episode
>Louie is supposed to be the "evil one"?
>No Duckworth
That's pretty much it. One itty bitty inconsequential qualm is I'm having a hard time getting used to Scrooge's new VA. All in all I gotta say I was pleased to see how much I liked it. As OP said it seems like they took to the comics more and based Scrooge around that. I was horribly afraid Webby was gonna end up another Gravity Falls Mabel, so I'm so happy to see that even though she is quirky it's not too oversaturating for her character, and her loneliness and inexperience with people skills are decent personality traits to give her.

>They however still beat them comically and with team work.

It also helps that the mooks were the best of the cheapest.

Not the cheapest of the best.

>great shapes
>bright tree and backhoe dominate the page
>meanwhile the bg in the OP has nothing but the most depressing and dull colors on ugly shapes

Quit yer clownin'.

>11:07
That's a reaction image, if I ever saw one.

Except they weren't made to look like fuck ups. Just cheap expendable pros. They even had Donald talk with the sword girl to indulge further into how different they are. She was trained from birth in a hilariously edgy backstory. If they wanted bumbling mooks they would have done so. Instead they chose to make the kids beating them a proving.
I think it's an odd, potentially bad call. Especially right off the bat. It's a small gripe but this and the other nit-picks are all my misgivings. Otherwise it's mostly inoffensive. Not particularly good yet but with potential to go somewhere if it's treated kindly.

/s stands for 'sarcasm', son. I don't know if I'd call the background in the OP depressing and ugly, but what I've seen of the show so far does not impress me, nor do I agree with the fans who have been praising the backgrounds as "comic-inspired" when they clearly don't hold a candle to even TMS' backgrounds from 1986 (pic fucking related!), much less Carl Barks' work.

/s stands for fuck off you newfag piece of shit.

14:03 is also a good one

its a cartoon, little boy

>getting this butthurt over "/s"

Someone get on that please!

a reaction gif as well

why the fuck are us adults watching a kids show
>>>why

alright, i'll stop posting, i wouldn't want to upset you any further... /s

Cartoons of the era made up for lack of good writing by looking nice. The idea was that kids were retarded and would watch anything with bright colors.

>Besides, you're getting your "women being put in their place" thing with them alluding that thr Boy's mom was probably killed on and adventure.
Jesus what a stupid fucking sentence.

I'm not asking for "women to get put in their place." I want a cartoon where characters can just be characters, not a constant "boys vs girls" episode where the girls inevitably win. Just fucking make a cartoon. Stop soap boxing. That's all I ask.

>meme-lord
>competant

Don't be a tard, you're embarrassing.

>not a constant "boys vs girls" episode where the girls inevitably win
but dewey got them the jewel and louie was better at lying

And you stop being a snowflake who accuses the cartoon being too soapbox-y without actually ever fucking watching it.

>louie was better at lying
Why does this lying bit keep being brought up as if it matters? Who cares? Again, I'm not interested in competitions. Just let the characters be.

The channel was stuck, I swear! I couldn't change it even if I wanted to until the pilot was over and done!

>Watching cartoons
>Reading comics

Why bother when you can just get the footnotes on what to complain about from threads like these?

Assumptions, I see. And no evidence to support your claim. Hmm.

you are the one being triggered that the girls are better and they really aren't. webby is better at combat stuff because beakly taught her, while donald refused to let the boys do anything remotely dangerous, it's not a competition and no one treats it as such they just are. you are the one getting triggered over imaginary slights

>DuckTales '86
>Lack of good writing
I can see how you would think that, seeing as how the action was never buried under 15 layers of snark and irony.

Then learn to deal with opinions instead of writing embarrassing shit like this

Why am I a snowflake for wanting good cartoons? Surely you have more words in your vocabulary than the overused buzzwords, user.

I watched the pilot, by the way. Which is why I'm expressing my disappointment.

He never said any of the things you're accusing him of saying.

"not a constant "boys vs girls" episode where the girls inevitably win"
except this isnt that at all

Ducktales was AIDS in cartoon form and Don Rosa infamously declared it to be the worst experience of his life, you know, the guy who has to puncture a hole in his eyeball every 4 hours to not go blinder.

Ducktales raped the duck lore so hard that if you claimed to like it you'd get beat up in school. At least Quackpack didn't fuck Scrooge.

How are either of you fuckers making such assumptions from one episode?

I have a really hard time believing that Scrouge would actually leave all those gold coins and other treaures behind in Atlantis and only take the Jewel. That seems really out of charecter

Then you're delusional because nothing of the sort happens in the show. Could I recommend you a fresh dose of reality? I hear it's good for people living in echo chambers.

No arguments, I see.

Beakley and webby aren't "better than the boys". They're better than Huey, Dewey and Lewey, but Scrooge still calls the shots and is the mastermind of the show, and Donald, given enough incentive, is basically second banana, but he still overrules the rest of the cast. That's how the dynamic should be.

He did only bring a small sub, plus everything was blowing up. If you can't carry everything like you'd love to, make sure to carry the most valuable stuff.

He's been forced to do that before. It's kind of an old meme at this point, the greedy villain trying to bring the gold with him at the cost of his own life, so I can see why they would drop that aspect.

>She's... the fucking... HOUSEKEEPER
tell that to Scrooge
fucking cheapskate

Come on, look at how she talks and what she does. Webby says she trained her to be ready for anything, and Beakly insists that raising Webby is enough excitement for her now.

If Beakley is not a retired adventurer of some sort that is eventuallly forced to come out of retirement I'll eat my hat.

(As a note, I am perfectly okay with this. Besides, it makes sense that Scrooge would get someone used to danger to clean his house, what with all the barely sealed unspeakable evils)