You have been reminded :^)

reminder that samurai jack erased all his friends from existence

But do they know they have been erased? Does it hurt to not exist? Does it really matter then?

No, he changed their futures. Literally everyone wanted Jack to succeed and save the world that Aku had ruined.

Blah, blah, greater good, something, something, complete his mission, etc, etc.

I wish someone could rewrite my life in a better world. ;_;

he didnt save the world

he erased it
he didnt even defeat aku in future world
he just ran

She will never exist now.

>oh shit we only have 5 minutes left to finish the episode
>time powers
>its over
>we won bye forever
>end

Does Jack's world work with multiverse theory?

And I ran, I ran so far away
I just ran, I ran all night and day
Couldn't get away

no

It was for the greater good

>greater good
I AM THE GREATEST GOOOD YOU ARE EVER GONNA GET

you mean it was so jack could have a happy/bittersweet ending while everyone else gets nothing

no, otherwise Ashi wouldn't have poofed
although since she only poofed days/weeks later once she realized it, all logic is out the fucking door, so why not
and why not have a ladybug remind Jack of Ashi despite Jack never seeing her and the ladybug in her childhood and having his back to her as she held the ladybug on the island
finale was a fucking mess goddamn

>everyone else gets nothing
I'll never understand this. You do know he saved the world, right? The people Jack met in the future, they weren't the only people to ever live in an Aku future, right? That countless civilizations, societies, all crumbled and were subjected to Aku's rule for hundreds of years, right?

What right does the future have to exist, poorly, I might add, because lord knows there would be a MASSIVE power vacuum if Jack killed Aku in the future, one even Jack is unlikely to solve.
What right do they have to live "happily" when they've only now crawled from ontop of the bones of countless ancestors.

This will never be funny as shit. Something about how much of an asspull it was and the voice acting was so bad
>YOU HAVE AKU POWERS!
>YOURE RIGHT!
>spits time portal like it's not shit

Everyone in that world was living a shitty miserable life because Aku ran the place

erasing their existence was just doing them a favor

Ironically that's it's saving grace. It's so forced that it's great.

This has been the premise since episode 3. Where the fuck have you been?

All of episode 6 was literally about how Jack made that shitty miserable world into more peaceful.

He undo the world of terrible suffering due to Aku's evil. Jeez you faggots here made a fuss about this show. Just bury it and let it go.

I can't believe you shitheads still aren't over this. it was the plotpoint since episode one. "To undo the evil that is Aku". How is anyone surprised

>huuur duuur erasing existence
>huuur duuuur taking time for Ashi to desapear

Guys, the final episode was rushed as fuck, but this is just bacis "Back to the Future" time travel. I dunno why it is so hard for you to understand.

>jack is unlikely to solve a power struggle

you know hes immortal, his girlfriend has aku powers, he has an immortal ghost scot warrior friend, and an army?

It wasn't surprising, just bad.

sry for expecting character development

no proof of this

>To undo the evil that is Aku
>To undo everything that happened throughout the series

>no proof of this
It literally happened on screem.

It didn't touch upon Jack literally erasing his friends from existence.

fuck this. everyone knows that Genndy made the new samurai jack because his big fucking ego made it impossible for him to swallow that someone already ended his series better than he ever could.

Just fucking LOOK at the finale. You think Genndy was kept up at night, trying to figure out a way to end Jack, looked at THAT, and said "WOW! This is really good! Lets do THIS!" Dude's a hack yeah, but more importantly hes lazy and egotistical.

Because we don't know if that happened. If we go for most of what happens in cartoons and on the tone of the show, they likely still exist in the future with different lifes.

headcanon

it felt half hearted and rush for sure, tropes and clichés

they should have used the last 3 episodes for like a feature length event

The comic book was better

Sorry for expecting a more mature ending after genndy said he was making a more mature store

Someone explain why this post gets several (you)s, but this one that says the same and came before it got none.

people will only respond to bad bait posts once

Because there are always people who say that and it gets overlooked sometimes and responded to other times.

We could have assumed that but then ashi vanished.

>All his friends
>Literally anyone he actually cares about was in the past
>The only sorta friend he had was the Scotsman, who he only hung out briefly maybe 3 times

>he didnt even defeat aku in future world
>he just ran
And killed Aku in the past.

Heres the thing, you faggots wouldnt give a single shit if you didn't know anyone in the future. You'd be like "Oh, well, world saved, nice!" but suddenly you get a funny scot and "Oh no, the universe needs to stay! How dare Jack *fix time* after Aku fucked with it!"

And people love to bring up the whole 'after life' thing, you could argue the same about the people who never got to be born because Aku killed them prematurely.
He didn't kill a future, he set things the way they're supposed to be.

They have a better existence now of course, he saved them

>I didn't watch the show.

daughter of Aku

For example the Scottsman lived in a beautiful place clearly not affected by Aku, so him and his family still exist

thats the point, we dont give a single shit about the past because the show never took place in it.

its a design flaw.

>the people who never got to be born because aku killed them

what did he mean by this? do you think this autist knows about souls?

And? That was literally the point of the entire series. For 40+ episodes of the original show in the title that aku narrates he says "He seeks to return to the past, To do the future that is aku." 90% of the people he met on his journeys existed because of shit aku did. Most of it was trafficking of alien spices from other worlds unto earth.

If you expected any of them to exist while jack finished his quest, you are utterly retarded and don't understand the concept of time travel at all.

The pain is real.

Y'all motherfuckers need to play some Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : EOS.

Never seen this show before. Just watched this final fight on youtube.
So this is what Sup Forums considers the greatest action cartoon ever made. That's pretty pathetic.
Also holy shit Jack has an asian accent. I never knew.

Watch some episodes of the original seasons.
Birth of Evil
Any Scotsman episode
Jack Learns to Jump Good
Jack vs the Five Hunters
Jack and the Spartans
Jack and the Zombies
Jack and the Traveling Creatures
Jack and the Haunted House
Jack vs the Ninja
Tale of X49
The finale is shit, I agree. I like to pretend the new season never happened.

>1-4 episode 10/10 set up
>rest episodes - notalgia bait and animeshit ending
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

>fuck this. everyone knows that Genndy made the new samurai jack because his big fucking ego made it impossible for him to swallow that someone already ended his series better than he ever could.
It was a bunch of fairly shitty stories ended with an ending that was the most generic way you could possibly end things.

No, you obviously didn't watch the show, otherwise you'd see Jack doesn't really have any friends.
He saves people, because he's too nice for his own good, but the only meaningful relationship he really forms is with the scotsman.

Compare that to people he was literally raised with, trained with day in and out.

Jack never gave a shit about any of them, user. Only you did. Jack remembered his purpose and let go of his selfish emotions for the greater good all of mankind.

Can't you?

>Does this autist know about souls
Yeah, the souls of the people living in the BAD FUTURE got erased after years of suffering, most probably rotting in hell for being forced to commit attrocities in order to even survive.

Meanwhile, new souls are made and get to live on who never even got a chance at life.

Scotsman probably was never going to pass on either way, and was going to survive until the end of time, the universe, and everything because of fucking Celtic Magic, watching every one of his daughters wither and die, his clan disappear.

seems pretty selfish to go back in time for the sake of people only YOU know, and not rid the future world of evil

>commit atrocities

most of the "people" committing atrocities in aku's world were robots.

>Scotsman probably was never going to pass on either way, and was going to survive until the end of time, the universe, and everything because of fucking Celtic Magic, watching every one of his daughters wither and die, his clan disappear.

headcanon

It took a while for the changes to propagate up the timestream?

>watching every one of his daughters wither and die, his clan disappear.

if jack stayed in the future, why would this even happen?

fuck pastfags make the dumbest arguments trying to defend their favorite timeline eraser

Yes, did you skip the original intro? The undo the future that is Aku part?

uh it says "undo the evil that is aku"

guess you must've skipped it

If it were working by those rules, Jack would have also ceased to exist since Ashi wouldn't have existed to send him back in time in the first place. Even basic-er time travel theory, I dunno why it's so hard to understand.

But they were never real, user. It was all a story :^)