Suggestions

hi I haven't been around comics the last four years. Main reason was financial hardship and the fact i had to store away my collection due to space restrictions. So now that I'm back on my feet( kinda)and I got to have my babies back, I get the craving for something new. I don't know where to start looking so... i' ll be happy to check out any suggestions you people have. I' ll have to also hint my taste so here we go: titles I own and artists I'm fond of (in no particular order) 100 bullets, sandman, hellboy, frank miller, moebius, Y the last man, katsuhiro otomo, masamune shirow, lone wolf and cub, naoki urasawa's monster, hiroki endo's eden. I got more stuff and have read some more so if you mention those in your suggestions I'll let you know what I think about them. Thanks

The Flintstones.

This sounds like a joke but it's really not.

Also, check out Vision. It's short, but very powerful.

Tom King is the new hotness. Check out his "make you wanna kill yourself" unofficial trilogy:

>Vision
>Omega Men
>Sheriff of Babylon

Thematically being continued with his new Mister Miracle series.

You ever read any Hellblazer stuff? It's older, but still really good.

will do, thanks
hellblazer is a classic, it's on my list with swamp thing. i was wandering tho what's new on the market. publishers too

Astro City

Vertigo is on life support and likely the plug pulled on it soon.
DC's new independent stuff is likely gonna be under Young Animal.

They've got a new Doom Patrol run, Shade the Changing Girl, Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye, and even new characters like Mother Panic.

Would say give them their stuff a glance.

Shade especially has been a stand-out for me.

The Indy comic producer Action Labs has had a surprisingly decent number of comics considering how small they are.
Especially their mature Danger Zone stuff.

Tomboy is probably their best work, but they've got other gems like Voracious, PuppetMasters (based on the horror movie series of same name), and others.

>I haven't been around comics the last four years. Main reason was financial hardship and the fact i had to store away my collection due to space restrictions
mfw I am in that situation now... on top of a mental breakdown

The dude who made Y the Last Man has had a few other comics recently.

Saga is the more popular, but Paper Girls is also good.

If you haven't kept up with DC news for the past 4 years a bunch of crazy stuff happened (again).
They moved their company so they occupied that time with CONVERGENCE possibly the most ridiculous/crazy battle royale event of all time.

And recently they've had a Rebirth. Which is a soft reboot not of retconning canon but changing direction of their writing.
Also Parallax Hal Jordan is back as well as old52 Superman with his wife Lois and a son Jon.

I'd say best to backtrack to where ya last remember DC if ya want to catch up with all.
Otherwise if ya just wanna jump in at Rebirth you could figure things out.
Would recommend Green Lanterns, Superman, and New Superman at the very least (if you're just gonna read Rebirth onward).

bump

keep it cool, you will work it through. nothing worths losing your mind.

Stopped reading 100 bullets after the first like 7-8 trades. Do they ever reveal what the whole secret purpose behind everything is?

Will do, thanks
I'm more of a vertigo fan. I mean I did enjoy marvel/dc comics when I was younger( I was like 16 when marvel killed all her heroes- i dont remember the saga). I grew up with McFarlanes Spiderman, there were these terrible translations here. Still got hooked by the amazing art but time came when i got to know the graphic novels and EU comic scene.So I kinda lost interest of the superhero themed comics( miller's batman tho huh?)

Well if ya care for Miller's Batman, there is a new Dark Knight run.
Co-done by Brian Azzerello if I remember right.

Hell yea man, I got blasted by the series. It' s all good as adverised. Totally worth

that looks sweet, thanks

bump

>not pirating

I know where u coming from but with comics I'm kinda fetishist. The paper print actually feels whole for me. I read some online but if i like it, I buy it.

A clever man pirates, a considerate man pays, a true comics fan does both because his demand is above his budget.

Also, aren't there any manga titles you would recommend? I don't know exactly how, but the titles I mentioned in OP are different than the norm in Japanese publications (mb a bit closer to the western medium?)

I don't have any ethics issues, mind you. I just enjoy the print. After all, one can defy the materialistic urge for so long

Check out Vagabond if you want more wandering samurai stories. It's about Miyamoto Musashi

New Lone Wolf and Cub - picks up right after Ogami's death.
One Punch Man - superhero parody
I Am a Hero - failed mangaka with a shotgun in a zombie apocalypse

I got it, up until the 10th paperback. Sick art, the story kinda drags at some points. Is it worth to continue?
Ogami Itto man... One of my favourite series, check OP. As for the rest, I' ll be happy to check, thanks

>hi I haven't been around comics the last four years. Main reason was financial hardship and the fact i had to store away my collection due to space restrictions.

translation: mom kicked me out and i was sleeping on somebody else's couch while shucking fries at burger king and all my comics were still in mom's garage and ...

-why can you not just fucking ask instead of giving the half-assed sob story op? because you're still a kid in a man suit. put the money away and buy a car. wait til you're back on your feet *not* "kinda" and get some savings built up

the children's cartoons will all still be there that you missed, and then you sit back and read them while drinking whiskey after your second wife divorces you like the rest of us

sheesh

Why so salty user? Plus you didn't get the story right and the moral, well keep advice to yr self, especially if its shit