ITT: Dark scenes from children's cartoons/movies

ITT: Dark scenes from children's cartoons/movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=IRPI3lSACFc

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hzP_Ap2w84Q
youtu.be/0oocCf1bFFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2pypyDDPmIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p8kQDNLkT3c
youtu.be/JEzAavHMQRw
youtube.com/watch?v=J4J-Fuo0vLE
youtube.com/watch?v=fJj1OkH-6Dw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IRPI3lSACFc
youtube.com/watch?v=dpkuw3ztPQE
youtube.com/watch?v=zDl9mfc3H60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hzP_Ap2w84Q

AND ANYTIME

That movie in general was pretty dark looking back on it

>See ads for the Incredibles
>Think it's gonna be some goofy campy superhero movie ripped straight out of Silver Age DC.
>Mfw watching it the first time.
I think going in with low expectations made everything just that much better

That whole airplane scene just gets me each time. Elastigirl's increasing panic, Mr. Incredible's helplessness and futile begging, even Mirage's horror when she finds out they've fired on children and Syndrome's glee at the whole affair. "Oh, you'll get over it. After all, you prefer to work alone."

Second to that is Stratogale's death, especially with the added information about her. That gets really dark.

>Incredibles 2 announcement trailer releases
>Starts off with a few shots of the city
>Suddenly explosions happen and we see the army figting off another giant robot
>Cuts to an appartment
>We see some black young adult with an afro playing video games
>He notices the carage going on outside from the window
>This guy get's up
>"HONEY!"
>"Yeah?"
>"Where's my super suit?" said in a Daniel Kaluuya voice
>Title come up with the Incredibles theme playing

Reminder that The INcredibles 2 will be shit, just like every other Disney sequel.

It was a different time

i'm sad ti's going to happen

I'm sad it's taken so long to happen, to the point that I feel like it missed its window of opportunity.

It better show how OP pls nerf Jack-Jack will be.

Hard to think that's Prince John from Robin Hood.

If you don't what's going on it's like this.
>Makuta assumes the form of the ruler of Metru Nui (Turaga Dume)
>Makuta is also turning the entire city of Metru Nui into a police state, slowly forcing Matoran (civilians) into spheres that delete memories and enforce a comatose state so he can enforce his will when he releases them
>Makuta causes The Great Cataclysm forcing Mata Nui (Basically God) into a coma (and doing a few other catastrophic things, but those events never had a movie)
>As you can see Makuta absorbs his two bodyguards and his spy and reforms them into his new form, killing their individual psyches (this apparently lead to his defeat, in the comic he quoted "I disagreed with something I ate")
>Makuta tries to seize the Mask Of Time, one of the only few weapons that can truly stop him
>Makuta also kills Turaga Lhikan (somehow)
>Only because of the plot Makuta is defeated, and in the third movie he escapes anyway by telepathically summoning a spider horde
youtu.be/0oocCf1bFFQ

Fuck off

no

youtube.com/watch?v=2pypyDDPmIQ

Toaster autist please go

Didn't this happen right after the weird singing frog scene? That seems more surreal than anything.

It's definitely dark.
youtube.com/watch?v=p8kQDNLkT3c

They even include one of those murdery sparrows that impale their prey. What's the total deathcount for this movie?

>the semi truck

What gets me the most is how shitty the voice acting is. There is no theatricality to any of the performances, so it becomes eerily realistic.

So basically the voice acting is good is what you're saying?

No. Realistic does not equal good.

Shipwreck being tricked into thinking he had a family and then had to watch them melt was pretty fucked up.

should count

Damn....

what do you thin will be last pixar's movie? the one about suburban fantasy creatures or toy story 5?

Shipwreck had plenty of really fucked up plots.

Added information?

>mfw I've never seen this before
Jesus christ on a crutch and all the saints in wheelchairs
what the fuck

It wont end since at this point Pixar is just nostalgia bait and their movies will keep making money no matter how bad or mediocre they are.

you should watch the entire show, it's pretty good for what it was.

Tv show, I used to wake up every saturday for my dreams to be crushed, like the hedgehogs under that truck.

Watership Down

Dude, I've seen some fucked up shit on Sup Forums in my years. thats easily in the top...20. Good lord, is all horror and death?

not at all, these are cherry picked scenes,the show is good because it doesnt treat you with mittens, sacrifices had to be made so the victories were even sweeter.

The superhero files from the bonus disc. I don't have the screenshot myself - someone here might - but there was a really brutal thread about it a few years back. Basically, Stratogale was 16/17 years old and she just loved to fly. There was a lot of talk about what happened:

It would have to be a closed-casket funeral from being chewed up by the engine, or worse - she had a secret identity and her parents never knew who she was, so she'd only ever be missing to them. Thoughts of the adult supers at her funeral trying to hold it together after seeing someone so young die so senselessly.

>don't curl up
JUST MOVE GOOOOO GOD DAMN IT

that mouse's death is more heartbreaking.
she was killed and eaten by her own friend, bird mistook her for the mouse from the park

they both worked very hard to get there, and wham.

She was "deeply altruistic" as well, and spent time volunteering.

The first season is pretty rough. It improves from there, but shit still gets real when it needs to.

>Content contains shit from your country
>he disabled it in your country
Why?

>Confused Matthew: The Incredibles sucks because it's too dark for children

That review still makes me mad. What a fag.

christ on a bike who actually fucking okayed this?

>Confused Matthew says something retarded

Jesus christ, I simply don't believe it. I won't believe it. How could that be true?

Cartoons back in the day didn't fuck around, user.

youtu.be/JEzAavHMQRw
18 minute mark

She was so young. Too damn young.

>Smashes them to death with a rock
>Looks horrified at what he's done

What was he expecting to happen?

i know but that seems to be taking it a bit far don't you think
candy to come out obviously

it was actually co-produced by england and france with cooperation of a significant number of european countries

basically everyone got together and decided it was what kids should watch

they were right, it was vastly better than yet another 15 minute toy commercial

That episode was proto-EVA mind rape

>that one scene where a guy tried to commit suicide
As a kid I thought he was thrown off the roof by a bad guy or something
youtube.com/watch?v=J4J-Fuo0vLE

youtube.com/watch?v=fJj1OkH-6Dw

oh shut it, because of people like you we watch watered down movies and cartoons.

this remindes me of an idea i had for a dinosaur movie/tv show that just goes full r rated with it and pulls no punches with what dinosaur life would actually be like so basically the dinosaur version of felidae/watership down/ related video bonus points if it was animated in the style of land before time
all the questioning of it aside i'd of probably watched it anyway

>dinosaur tv show that pulls no punches with what dinosaur life would actually be like

it happened, it was awesome

not enough gore or frank discussion of dino sex i meant go full r rated/tv-ma

Hey they put themselves in harms way. They could have stayed home and been accountants and clerks but no they had to go looking for a fight. Buddy just gave them a target. For all we know they all came willingly just like Bob, and they all decided they would go back to that life. This intelligent sentient robot never endangered anyone but those who came to destroy it. They chose the path and in the end they killed themselves.

its sad they changed the story because they wanted the world of zootopia to be liked but come on shock collars every time the predators have emotions? You want a universe to be seen as a good thing with that shit in it?
How could you have not seen that as "wow this society is fucking twisted with shock collars on" sooner?

no need for that, you do that and you veer off into the other side of unrealistic

WWD showed dinosaurs as animals, the good and the bad.

Yeah Syndrome was essentially a mass murder psychotic it's surprising how many people he killed and how brutal their deaths probably were just look a fucking Gazerbeamd corpse

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=IRPI3lSACFc

two reasons:
they have some weird writing policy.

second: they're "liberals"(ie. they actually bieleve you're racist if you're not racist against whites).

That whole bit just pissed me off due to what followed

>Buddy just gave them a target .... They chose the path and in the end they killed themselves.
Nice bait or did you really forget the part where Mirage purposely misleads them by telling them its a rouge AI that wants to destroy everything and implores the supers to take it down before it finds a way to hurt humanity?

>Reminder that The INcredibles 2 will be shit, just like every other Disney sequel.
I don't think so. Brad Bird is writing and directing this one again so it has a high chance of being good.

The "original" idea was that Carnivores aren't trusted to be civil on their own in Zootopia and NOT eat the herbivores, so they're literally given shock treatments to keep them civilized. In the movie, carnivores basically just have to go to therapy about it, but there's a herbivore supremacist group that believes all carnivores are simply monsters waiting to kill and were planning on doping them with a drug that makes them go feral to prove they should be all locked up.

>tfw this is the first review of him on TVTropes
>'Matthew deconstructed Spirited Away as obscurantist trash with zero plot and weak characters with stilted dialogue in a world not well defined'

What the fuck is he talking about? The world of Spirited Away is explored from an outsider perspective, of course some of the details will be vague.

Why the fuck does this person treat a criticism that amounts to 'films should tell us EVERYTHING about their world' as somehow groundbreaking?

i think you're missing the point of what i'm saying walking with dinosaurs was just another nature documentary wit cgi dinosaurs there are literally a million of those. A drop in the bucket albeit basically the best one i meant more like watership down or felidae but with dinosaurs not another documntary
i was mainly talking about the farthing wood one but i'd also watch that too

youtube.com/watch?v=dpkuw3ztPQE

>"This shit isn't a Saturday morning cartoon, kids. These motherfuckers will straight up kill you if they get a chance. They won't give a shit how old you are."

Little 11 year old me wasn't expecting that shit.

He sounds like an up his own ass critic. It speaks volumes that he thinks that Lucky Star is the only anime that focuses on on world building and characterization.

>films should tell us EVERYTHING about their world
Yeah I really liked films like Alien where while the main concepts were explained it left a lot of unanswered questions during and after the film's runtime. Not explaining shit immediately that was a big part of the horror because first time watching you really didn't know what that thing was capable of.

Where the fuck would that chestburster surprise be if when they scanned the guy during the facehugger phase they went "ohno, he now has a babby forming in his chest, that'll be painful when it comes out!" And then after the film you were left with "where did those alien things come from? Who owned that ship the eggs were on? Was it the aliens themselves or another ship they hijacked? What would a proper hive of these things look like? and basically Prometheus and Alien Covenant sucks.

> It speaks volumes that he thinks that Lucky Star is the only anime that focuses on on world building and characterization.

Or he faps to it.

*the main concepts weren't explained

Probably faps to it. Which means that, if you presented him with something like Azumanga Daioh or K-On, he'd find the most bullshit reasons to explain why they DON'T have world building or characterization.

>bring ups square cube law with giant robots
Look asshole; unless you have a video detailing why Superman should have died before his first birthday on Earth thanks to the explanations given about how his powers work or how Wonder Woman sucks because the Greek Gods aren't real, you sound like a twat screaming about how anime is evil because Americans didn't make them.

What annoys me about the Spirited Away criticism is that, if anything, the character development for Chihiro is incredibly clear. She goes from a petulant child to someone who is able to stand on her own feet through isolation from her parents and the adversity of living in a world she isn't at all familiar with.

How does someone miss that entirely, considering it's the entire narrative thrust of the film?

>Square Cube law
Pleb tier argument. Far more sensical to argue that any role a giant mech would be in would be more efficient with a tank/car/air support. Fun fact:40k gargants are one of the few examples of practical giant mechs because their base is extremely large compared to the rest of them and they usually walk/crawl very slowly across the ground.

I watched the sdtage show of that with the giant anamtronic dinosaurs, the part where the newborn gets snatched up and eaten by some ratpro thing while it's mum tried to defend it was pretty depressing

I guess growing up in a time where as a kid I watched Roy Fokker die on TV, Optimus Prime die only to be replaced by Robert "unsolved mysteries" Stack, Bambi dying. Black Cauldron, etc....This shit is pussy bullshit.

With death as part of life, children should be mentally prepared for when they lose a loved one. cartoons are good for that.

>did you really forget the part where Mirage purposely misleads them by telling them its a rouge AI that wants to destroy everything and implores the supers to take it down before it finds a way to hurt humanity?
Here's the thing, part of the spiel was that the creators of the robot wanted to take it down discretely too without the public finding out. The real correct way to deal with it was to
(a) tell the authorities / their CIA handlers
(b) not go in secret so that all the other supers after them would know better / look for them
They all went because, like Bob, they all wanted to relive their glory days and Syndrome gave them the perfect reason to.

At the end of the day, they died because they didn't follow proper operating procedure even if they weren't in hiding. "I'm going to fight a super robot alone without telling anyone in case anything goes wrong". They were all cocky idiots.

Which is funny, because with shows like Gundam and Macross, they make strides to explain who their mecha work.

Macross basically states that the reason their fighter-planes can turn into giant robots is because they realized that the original ship that the SDF Macross was retrofitted as was piloted by giant aliens, so they needed giant humanoid shapes to operate the ship until they could retrofit it for human use.

Gundam had the mobile suits be originally developed for low gravity environments, with very few made to operate on Earth itself.

If you go into a movie with the attitude "all anime is shit and not worth my time" then you'll purposefully ignore anything that makes it good.

I'm sure that, if asked about the actual animation of a Ghibli movie, he'd either state that "animation isn't what an animated movie should be about" or make some claim that 2D animation should be dead now that CGI is a thing.

The fuck are you on?
Shit should be realistic it it is to be taken seriously.

>post database scene
>not scene where a man hears that his wife and children have just been murdered and then threatens to snap a woman in two

Love looking through this thread, I wish there were more cartoons unafraid of depicting death, I loved that kind of shit as a child, every other show I felt like it was babying me

What do you mean 'taken seriously'?

I think that absurd art can be just as serious and meaningful as realist art.

Except the TV show isn't a fucking Dali painting.

No, it's a show about talking animals.

Honestly it made the scene where Dash saves Violet even better.

>"DON'T! TOUCH! MY! SISTER!"

Return the slab, or suffer my curse

It's called a shrike

youtube.com/watch?v=zDl9mfc3H60

Fucking Christ.