Why do women always get the short end of the stick when it comes to representation in superhero comics?

Why do women always get the short end of the stick when it comes to representation in superhero comics?

Comics are for boys and most boys don't like reading about inherent girl problems that pop up in the lives of female heroes.

There are plenty of female readers who'd love to see themselves in comics.

How about Blacks? It's either electric powers, robot body or animal African stuff.

Comics are for 12 years old boys, superheroines are there so the boys can get wood in their pants.

Being one of the smartest people on Earth isn't good enough?

Women have it even worse than blacks when it comes to representation.

Comics are historically a male dominated interest and subsequently women's role within comics has existed to satisfy male power fantasies. Ergo, the shortage of leading female heroes is because they were deemed 'unrelateable', and the sexualisation of women in comics is to encourage and appease a typically straight male audience.

Whether you're an SJW or not, that's the correct answer and arguably for better or for worse depending on your POV, Women are a far more significant force in comics in [current year] then they ever have been historically.

hey that's Batman's lackey!

HAHAHAHAHA

Does this really count?

I never really got any black vibes from him.

>black mask on a black face

Sure maybe there are now, but that wasn't always the case and in comics nothing is more important than the Status Quo. Unfortunately, the Status Quo was largely canonised between the 50s-70s where the supermajority of readers were men.

>we've come along way since before so you can't complain now
This board sometimes...

Not really.

We had a thread about that yesterday.
Sadly, it was cut down.

Step outside of Sup Forums and then we'll talk.

Can you explain what "black vibes" are without outing yourself as blatantly racist?

>black vibes
you're a part of the problem

The thing I hate the most is how women are treated in comics.

They're either sexualized as all hell, exists only to be stuffed in the fridge, or are just men with boobs. It's disgusting.

I wasn't suggesting that you can't complain? The point of the thread was to assess why women get the short end of the stick. But no one cares about yours or mine's feelings on the matter.

I'm black myself and I've never seen anyone in my neighborhood act like Terrific.

Then again, that's what happens when you let white people write for black people.

>electric powers

The most pathetic part is that Raiden will be in Injustice 2 and not Black Lightning or Static Shock.

Seriously, we had to two Injustice games and no Lady Shiva, Captain Atom, Steel, Bronze Tiger, Killer Croc (he is black now).

It's almost like black people don't all come from your neighborhood?

>post a black character
>HE AIN'T BLACK ENOUGH

Black people were a fucking mistake.

>But no one cares about yours or mine's feelings on the matter.
That's what's wrong with America today. No one gives a shit about anyone's problems today. Women are suffering in the streets and people could care less.

Then again, considering who the president is, is it really a surprise?

>he is black now
Wasn't he always black? Or at least black for a while now?

You want heroines check out the golden age, there are a ton. Turns out very few cared for them then, after, or now.

It's why some of the most popular female characters are super villains, they were the ones that survived long enough for the greater public to be exposed to them. Consequently why they're getting more heroic perspectives, they're the only ones with enough recognition to be marketable.

I was sure that Katana would be in Injustice 2.

I mean, at best that's a massive over exaggeration, and in actuality, that's simply not true.

The new Ms. Marvel? Barbra Gordon? Storm? Invisible Woman? Wonder Woman? Renee Montoya? Faiza Hussain? Jane Foster? Lois Lane? I can go on....

Sure some of them have been over sexualised, but that's not the be all and end all of their characters.

I mean I don't like Trump either but I feel like this might be hysterical bait.

Again, most of those are either over sexualized or just men with boobs. Worse, some of them are the "strong, independent and need no man!" types.

Female characters acting feminine is now dead in the West; just look at Webby in the new DuckTales.

You're a Trumper

No one likes Trump.
That's my point.

I like Trump

I know this is probably a bait thread, but what bugs me about female superheroes is that they pretty much never have good villains of their own.
As much as I like Mayday for instance, her villains were either lame versions of Peter's rogue gallery, equally lame OCs or very rarely Peter's geriatric villains.

So you're just going to ignore how women's rights have taken a big hit since Die Fuhrer took office?

You can argue that this is a problem for every hero that's not named Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and maybe the Flash.

I always felt that Wonder Woman's rogues have untapped potential but are never given time to shine. At the very least a normie can name Cheetah and Giganta, maybe even Ares and Doctor Posion thanks to the movies.

This is like the 3rd-4th thread this week with "WHY ISN'T THERE ENOUGH REPRESENTATION IN COMICS" did John Boyega discover Sup Forums now?

I always think Sup Forums's definition of a normie and the rest of the world's definition is in no way similar.

Truth is, Wonder Woman's rogue gallery, whilst having potential, is full of literal who's. But as you pointed out, very few franchises have half decent rogue galleries outside of the A-listers. It's why we keep seeing regurgitated versions of the Joker, Magneto, Lex, and Stormin' Norman.

Have they? Are we back to hitting women over the head with clubs and dragging them back to our caves? Because I didn't get that memo. In fact, I seem to recall one of the largest public demonstrations of political defiance in years happened just earlier this year, consisting almost entirely of strong, empowered women.

There's no end of the stick when representation doesn't matter

jeez user. sorry this superhero isn't raping women and committing crimes just so he can come across as black

It's Sup Forums falseflagging, they're going full force after they killed someone last week.

Who're the first two? Lex and Bruce? Who's number four?

This. Shut the fuck up, op.

Did I go back in time like 2 or 3 years? Didn't you people already ruin enough about this industry?

>the women in the women's march were strong and empowered
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sivana, T.O Morrow, or Palmer I'd guess

Who'd they kill?

No official answer, Lex and Ray Palmer would be my bet for top two. Ivo and Hiro would be pretty high on the list. Batman is inconsistent as fuck, so it's hard to assess him

Did someone else besides WW get her own series?
Didn't think so.

They didn't seem to be wearing chains and they weren't in the kitchen, and they were out fighting for a cause they believe strongly in unprecedented, organized numbers, so I'm not sure I understand how they aren't strong or empowered.

Bruce is very intelligent, but I don't think he'd be even in the top 5, assuming no Batwank.

Moby Dick

kek

Says the underage keyboard warrior

>makes a thread about fags purely to shitpost and fish for (You)s
>Sup Forums eats it up
>makes a thread about blacks purely to shitpost and fish for (You)s
>Sup Forums eats it up
>today he makes a thread about women purely to shitpost and fish for (You)s
>Sup Forums eats it up

You know for all your bitching about bait threads you retards sure do love to bump them. Report and hide. Don't forget to sage.

Guess someone that's black shouldn't write a hispanic or asian character because it's not authentic right?

This. There's one like everyday now and the arguments are recycled.

Gee, it's almost like people care about representation in comics.

Who would have thought?

>gay black virtue signaling iron man women comic instead of new original hero
> DUDE LOL WHY DO BOYS HATE WOMEN IN COMICS

The fact that man created it proves that comics are a boy's club.

>Ask me about my feminist agenda
You have to go back

Why haven't you reported the thread? Do that now.

>Women suffering in the streets
>Trying to shit up the thread by bringing Trump in outta nowhere

You're an idiot. Get cancer, snowflake.

DC currently has one of the best female characters out right now and it's because she has an actual personality and isn't played up for her race or gender

Me too

if companies stopped virtue signaling and recreating established mainstream heroes into female alternatives (this excludes stuff like spidergwen) and made new original heroes that didn't need to prove that "GIRLS CAN BE HERO'S TOO LOL" and focused on the same situations mainstream heroes conflict with, there would absolutely be a better reception for female heroes.
I personally enjoy some of the female protagonists stories and respective comics and roles. and a lot are really downplayed or just too focused on the only trait is being a girl. but for that to change we need writers who bring OC

Women smell funny and nobody really likes them, not even other women.

some antifa retard got runover while a mob was assaulting cars.

Why did the one that stuck have to replace my favorite capeshit character?

Literally just a male character dressed as a female characters.

This.
You don't know shit about muh-soggy-knee until you hear a fat chick talking about other thin girls.

Is there a Sup Forums version of pic related?

Nice bait

But she didn't? Hal is still around and even has his own book.

closest i have desu senpai

I think he means she replaced him in the JL book

Explain what you mean. Because right now it sounds legitimately sexist.

Der Fuhrer, Die is the female form

Who gives a fuck about the JL book? It's still painfully mediocre isn't it?

great thread you guys

Yes

With this argument women have full rights since the end of the 18th century, when women marches began.

God fucking hell, I loved early Jessica Cruz. Her insecurity was something to behold.

Men are cooler. Both men and women tend , on average, to find men cooler than women.

You'll get no pity from me. I miss J'onn
Probably for the best though.

I miss Manhunter too

They've been trying to get women to read comics since the 50s. They simple refuse to buy them. Even when they hire women to write the stories no girls want to read this stuff.

So they make female characters according to what men want to see.

Because there is no female superhero archetype. Not now. Not ever.

Of you changed her sex to male, nothing would change.

She's not feminine enough.

And what is feminine enough?

Who cares?
Language is just a social construct anyway.

If you're seriously asking that, you need to get out more often.

No, I think you need to describe how a woman with anxiety is supposed to act.

Ignore him.
He's probably one of those jack offs who think women have more rights than ever and go "think of the Muslim women!"

You ever thought of, you know, asking a woman?