Why is the "lovable old pervert" trope so exclusive to Sup Forumsnime...

Why is the "lovable old pervert" trope so exclusive to Sup Forumsnime? I think many Sup Forums related things would benefit from having a character like that

ITS THE
NUT
SACK

This thread will just turn into bitching about SJWs.

Sexual harassment is taken more seriously in the West, and such a character would be accused of promoting misogyny/sexism.

different cultures and the fact there are 10 times more anime and manga than there are american comics?

Being a an old pervert is typically only "lovable" in Japan and seen as gross in the USA

For all the claims that comics and cartoons have "moved beyond" the idea of moralizing, people sure are eager to read character flaws as endorsements of immoral behavior from the creators themselves.

Because cartoons are still seen as "for kids" in the West, and as such, this type of character only appears in adult-oriented animation.

I also love the "fun perverted guy who hits on the pretty lady and gets physically hit by her" trope, like Lupin

To be honest, it rarely works in the anime.

Roshi and Happosai from Ranma only two characters that aren't boring, off the top of my head.

Scenes like Roshi trying not to fap with Puar's body is why I still watch DBS

There's Herbert from Family Guy

Dragon Ball is for kids. So are a lot of anime and manga with this sort of character in them.

>I think many Sup Forums related things would benefit from having a character like that
Like what?

I actually hate when guy gets hit.

>girl/guy is somewhat naked due to different circumstances
>guy gets hit even though he is not responsible for it or couldn't have known girl is naked/couldn't have known a girl would walk on him
I literally had sigh of relief when I was reading Hoshi no Samidare and main girl character saw main guy character naked after taking a shower and didn't punch him. Worst "comedy" trope.

>I think many Sup Forums related things would benefit from having a character like that
i dont think so
anime and manga are a lot more silly than western media
we had many shows try to introduce that aspect into western animation, it doesnt work.
I guess having a character crossdress and someone is all over him is the closest to that

Dragon Ball isn't a western cartoon.

This is an absolute cancer trope that needs to die and I can't believe I've just seen someone say they like it.

Dragon Ball and those other manga are for Japanese kids which is different than here. Unless you can show those shows on regular TV (as in not adult swim) without censoring then it's never going to be on the same level

No I don't mean when he accidentally stares or falls on her, I hate that too, I mean when he actually hits on her

Would Korra's Lin have benefited if she was a pervert?

the intended audience needs someone to relate too

The intended audience for Dragon Ball is young boys and the intended targets of relation are the main characters.

Its funny when the guy who is actually openly perverted gets his medicine. But what really pisses me off is the generic pussy protagonist getting abused and beaten for something he did by complete accident.

This is why I have a burning passion for Love Hina. Because it's everything I hate in Manga and Anime shoved into one piece of fiction.

Only if she was flippant about it, or so desensitized that her mind would go to weird places when she wasn't focused on her work. The old "wiggly fingers" routine wouldn't be a good fit, but being really crass about sex and relationships could work as the flip-side to the no-nonsense attitude she usually has.

>Its funny when the guy who is actually openly perverted gets his medicine
^ That's what I've been trying to say all along though, I don't know why people keep misunderstanding me, maybe they've never seen Lupin

I've never been clear what defines "Sexual harassment" Is it simply doing or saying anything related to sexuality while in the presence of somebody that disapproves?

In Sup Forums it just can't work.

we have something called SEX OFFENDER REGISTRY.

And SJWs bitching

You know Sup Forums includes comics too, right? and comics also includes non-american ones
check out "sacro/profano"

>and they never brought it up again.

hey bitch, if he is a predator creeper WHY ON FA FUCK YOU DONT JUST REPORT HIM TO THE AUTHORITIES HUH, ya sadist.

The assumed pervert trope is literal cancer, specially in the west when innocent man are harassed and label preds by SJW women, Hugh Mongus anyone?

Do you want more fuel to that dumpster fire?

Hugh Mungus hardly got harassed. Some dumb bitch got all up in his face about a dumb joke, security guards got the dumb bitch to leave, Hugh became an internet folk hero and got his surgery paid for via Kickstarter.

More or less. Anything that makes an individual feel uncomfortable in the context of sexuality is considered sexual harassment.

>This is why I have a burning passion for Love Hina. Because it's everything I hate in Manga and Anime shoved into one piece of fiction.

That, and the women have no nipples. Like, why?

>specially in the west when innocent man are harassed and label preds by SJW women, Hugh Mongus anyone?

everyone called the person who harassed him a crazy bitch and hugh mungus got tons of support from people

Dragon Ball also has tons of nudity, along with kid Goku constantly stripping and fondling Bulma.

>when she loves the perv stare

Because sexual harrasment and rape are not persecuted in Japan. The Japanese are super submissive and let that shit fly.

That never happens in Lupin outside of the Opening. In the actual episodes and movies women usually flock to Lupin because he's much nicer and less perverted than the antagonist. Fujiko is the exception because she's not giving up the goods that easily.

That's not really the case 99% of the time for Lupin though, he's normally swimming in girls from his charms alone. Only Fujiko really plays hard to get and that's part of why Lupin's so into her.

It's really just a cultural character trope thing. There are definitely Sup Forums and Sup Forums archetypes that don't translate cleanly to Sup Forums works. Probably something about Japan and respecting your elders or some shit like that.

Because it isn't like there aren't sexual undertones in comics/cartoons that are willing to have sexual undertones, and there are sometimes when we see pervert-characters, they just aren't as popular or niched into the "Pervy Old Guy".

I was referring specifically to his dynamic with Fujiko, yeah

Fujiko doesn't hurt Lupin for being perverted either. Most of the time she's flirting with Lupin to manipulate him into getting what she wants, or seducing the antagonist to get what she wants. She's just not weak or submissive as other anime female protagonist.

So are gay people that show public displays of affection around homophobes committing sexual harassment?

That old motherfucker in Ranma 1/2 is breaking into women's shower rooms, breaking into rooms and stealing underwear, and makes lecherous comments towards all the teenage girl characters in the book. Yes, just to be clear, all of that is sexual harassment and the sexual nature of his crimes would harshly affect the sentencing if he were ever tried and convicted for the shit he does.
Shave your neck you fucking slob.

yeah dude, but you know shit can go real south for a man when a woman starts to scream and accuse like that. he got lucky.

Yet you could only find an example where that made the guy's life *better*. For all the shit I hear about accusations of sexism destroying people's lives there are very few actual examples I've seen.

Americans are sexually repressed, and find mere references or allusions to the act of sex to be obscene.

>Sup Forumsmblr isn't real

When did I say anything about Happosai not being a sexual harasser?
Who even brought up Ranma 1/2 other than you?
My question was in regards to sexual harassment laws in general.

I bet you bitch when people post about the Sup Forums "boogyman" doncha.

Whatever happened to that detective pikachu game anyway?
Did it ever release?

Johnny Bravo.

The "lovable old pervert" is an excuse to have fanservice scenes, which are much less prevalent in western animation. Thus, there's no need for a character that exists mainly to facilitate fanservice scenes.

This guy right here. If it is interesting or entertaining, it should be portrayed artistically. Of course there's boundaries but if the character isn't meant to be taken as a role model and Roshi surely isn't (at least not for his tastes) then it's a-ok in my book. He's a comedic character and comedic perverts are around in comedy, like Joe from the sewage department in Parks and Rec.

But in the West, cartoons are seen as mostly for little kids combined with the view that children are not able to reflect what they see (which was not always the case - older entertainment for kids was way more crass).

>Sup Forumsmblr isn't real
>but Sup Forums crossboarders are!

Hmmmmm...

Dragon Ball is for teenagers. Most shonens are for teenagers, and they're written specifically to exploit pubertal drives.

Nothing but trash.

DICK
MAN

BABY

It's say that I'm pretty sure this is serious.

>this character archetype regularly commits sexual crimes on a large scale against minors and no legal action is taken, so we probably shouldn't put it in cartoons publicly advertised to children
>hurr tumblr

>old pervert
>lovable
How the fuck?

I like having some scruff :^)

Good job saying the same thing as him and reversing the roles, showing you clearly didn't understand his point.

To be fair ukiyo-e are often quite saucy.