Don't mind me just leaving this Ed here

Don't mind me just leaving this Ed here

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gkhol2Q1og
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why is ed's character so perfect
no one has been able to write an idiot as well as that and I can't figure out why

I hate, HATE to act like 90s cartoon got away with more than they do nowadays - usually it's the opposite that's true - but I genuinely think you couldn't get away with a character like Ed nowadays. Even as a kid in the 90s, I could tell he was meant to be retarded. Nowadays, there'd be a thousand thinkpieces about how EEnE is offensively ableist or whatever.

Watch any episode of Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, and pay attention to Ed's dialogue. Almost everything he says is relevant to the situation at hand, even if the way he got there is only comprehensible to Ed. Even the stuff that wasn't relevant had an internal logic to it (Ed removing Johnny's water heater was done because he wanted it and thought he could "build a birdhouse" with it).

Idiot characters need to be consistent in intelligence and consistent in their own trains of thought, which is where many idiot characters fail: they either only act stupid when it's "funny" and are intelligent all other times, or they are "lolranrumb" train wrecks that take all of Eds non-sequitur moments and crank them up to eleven.

Hello? Police?

Warden's at it again.

True, Ed's funniest moments are usually relevant to the situation.
>TOWEL RACK AT YOUR SERVICE

OP didn't say anything about looking.

where does this sign drop?

IS THAT THE SUPPORT BEAM TO THE HOUSE?!?!

why don't you go in closer to read it?

The vast majority of EEnE episodes didn't air in the 90s though.

Trigger the missing stuff quest, you get it mid way through.

I really have no intention to. He smells rotten

>That episode of EENE where the gang was looking for Eddy's lost Playboys
How did they get away with this?

Because even though there were a thousand and one clues as to what the magazines actually were, it was never stated outright.

*touch*

>user tries not to respond to bait.webm

Hey Sup Forums, I took my GF to this new restaurant called Eddy's. Any suggestions for what we should get?

>85 cents for a fucking Ed Steak

Try going to a different restaurant.

*more touches*

just started watching eene eps on youtube. I don't remember most season 4-5 stuff.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gkhol2Q1og

>wanting your gf to get the triple Ed Fondoo
I don't normally like to call people cucks, but. . .

>Not wanting the ol' Triple Ed Fondoo for yourself