Re read the killing joke and what really struck me was how terrible the dialogue was. It was to on the nose...

Re read the killing joke and what really struck me was how terrible the dialogue was. It was to on the nose, explicity explaining the themes. Everything else is amazing but the dialoue is like in the level of a 14 year old trying to write something deep.

So, typical comic book dialogue.

>user doesn't know about the telegraph poles

>It was to on the nose, explicity explaining the themes.
Why not?

was joker kill?

Considering how many people misinterpret the ending, I'd still say it's too subtle for the average cape reader.

Yes. Notice the light beam going out in the last panel after joker tells the story about the two mental patients.

Get off Sup Forums, Alan.

But that is just because comic books is the lowest form of art

That would be twine games.

There are two things to keep in mind:
>1: Even good works can become overrated, and
>2: Even Alan Moore looks back on it as a writer who's embarrassed of his early work.

I've always had mixed feelings about TKJ, and that's okay. As OP noted, it's like 90% amazing, maybe 10% questionable. And I'd contend that the dialogue is great, it's the MONOLOGUE that's a bit on-the-nose but that's forgivable because it's the villain being a villain. It's not like what Joker says is meant to be true or profound.

>WHY AREN'T YOU LAUGHING?!
>Because I heard it before... AND IT WASN'T FUNNY THEN

No

Lower than "adult" coloring books?

What do you nibbaz prefer. Original or the re-color?

Original

The original could get a bit garish at times but the recolor is worst. Sucked all the life right out of it with its "realism."

Yeah. It gets a bit to much at times but that style fits the tone of the comic. I feel like there is a perfect mix between the two.

Isn't that video games?

I hate to use the term "overrated" but it fits here more than anywhere else.

Even Moore has admitted he was barely trying with this thing.

It feels like just a one-off Batman Annual that they decided to turn into its own standalone OGN for sales purposes.

Original. The recolour takes away a lot from the visual storytelling.

Is there anything different about an adult colouring a picture compared to an adult solving a maze or the crosswords and sudokus in newspapers and magazines?

Puzzles and shit are intellectually stimulating at the most basic level, coloring is just an exercise in aesthetics for people who're bad at making art of their own.

Original 100%. The psychedelic colors are more than half of what made the original great.

Fact: almost all "great" comics are actually just ok