So far it goes like this.

1. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2
2. Captain America Civil War
3. Spiderman Homecoming
4. Doctor Strange

Everyone agrees right?

Switch the first two and you can get into the cool kids club

Strange is better than Spoderman.

At least the spacetime magic SFX looked good. Homecoming looks like a PS2 game at times.

My man.

This. GOTG2 was way too goofy for even a marvel movie.

Wrong.

1. Civil War
2. Guardians
3. Dr. Strange
4. Homecoming

Weird knowing that Black Panther and Ragnorak are gonna leap frog them all. Weird knowing that Spider-man will actually have the worst of the phase 3 movies by the time Infinity War comes out (and I liked Homecoming).

Personally I have it as
Doctor Strange>GOTG2>Civil War>>>>Homecoming

I'd agree with this.

Just as with phase 2 either Cap or GOTG is acceptable in the top place. I'm a GOTG man myself

Agreed.

My take...

CW>>GotG Vol 2>>>>>Homecoming>Strange

Civil War, despite being irritatingly close to Avengers 2.5, was a perfect end to Cap's arc that was begun in TFA. It also had pretty good action scenes and some great emotion - the three way fight at the end and Cap giving up the shield was brutal. GoTG2 was much more stylish and well-balanced (character wise) than the first. It dragged a bit in the middle, and had some jokes that didn't land, but was just as feelsy as the first. Yondu dying and the Cat Stevens song got me hard. Homecoming was good as a different sort of take on Spider-Man, but was really bolstered by how good Holland and Keaton were. There were some problems with the writing, and the Iron Faggery was annoying. Strange...I have trouble liking that movie. There wasn't anything really wrong with it, but I didn't care for Cumberbitch and the humor was terrible. Only thing that did it for me was the cool cosmic shit and use of powers, which was dope but empty. They needed 15 more minutes of character development and Strange's arc, not 40 minutes of training scenes.

WTF, I totally did not spoiler tag the whole second half.

1. Dr Strange
2. Homecoming
3. Civil War
4. Guardians

Hated/loved civil war

Why didn't captain American become a hypocrite and why didn't he understand that even though he was brainwashed, he did those things..."He killed my mom"

>At least the spacetime magic SFX looked good
The Spacetime magic looked decent, but it served next to no purpose, and all the other magic couldn't have been more boring.

Yeah, I agree with you OP. I don't get the hate GOTG2 gets.

This is a joke right?

Guardians 2 was almost as bad as Thor 2. It was unbelievably boring and predictable. They were on all of 2 planets and if it weren't for Drakk, I might have actually fallen asleep during the movie.

The rest of your list is fine though.

Switch the first two for me.

And I don't know how to rank Spider-Man. While it was a good film, I personally think it was a really bad Spider-Man film specifically. Vulture was the best part of the movie.

And I didn't dislike Dr. Strange, but the visuals were the only really interesting thing about it. Other than that it was fairly middle of the road.

For me it's either
>GOTG2>Civil War>Homecoming>Strange
>Civil War>GOTG2>Homecoming>Strange
>Civil War>GOTG2>Strange>Homecoming
Under most circumstances Civil War ranks above GOTG2, even though I think GOTG1 was the best MCU movie and I liked GOTG2 more than 1, and I'd usually rank Homecoming over Strange

Civil War
Doctor Strange
GOTG 2
Homecoming

Strange was generic but Homecoming was garbage

Keaton elevated Homecoming every-time he was onscreen. The school scenes are bland fluff but that car scene was fucking great, the shift in tone was handled perfectly.

Holland is a great Peter Parker, he has that youthful naivety that was missing from Maguire and the other guy.

They turned the Vulture from one of the stupidest looking villains into one of the coolest ever. That fucking suit.

I don't think it's really possible to compare them, they're all capeshit, sure, but different tones and genres and such make it impossible for me. That said, I have greatly enjoyed them all so far, and consider Phase 3 to be the best one yet.

It's weird that despite being the first MCU movie where both the hero and the villain are perfect it still feels mediocre as a whole.

Because for Spider-Man to feel complete, he depends on his supporting cast more than a lot of other superheroes.

It's why he's seen more often (working well) as a solo superhero than in groups like the Avengers. He can still interact with outside groups (and individual members of those groups), but utterly connecting him to them means that there's less time to commit to Spider-Man's richer inner circle in New York. That world around him specifically really grounds him, as a character. He's not grounded in his powers, but there's a realism to his life outside of superheroing. We don't get that in Homecoming, which while great fun in the superheroics feels too drawn to Disney Channel teen movie cliche in it's treatment of Peter's personal life, giving it a unstable grounding.