New MOON KNIGHT Creative Team Announced

Writer Max Bemis (X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever, Foolkiller) and artist Jacen Burrows (Crossed, Providence) were just announced as the new team taking over MOON KNIGHT with #188

Here's the solicit;

>MOON KNIGHT #188 & 189
>MAX BEMIS (W) • JACEN BURROWS (A/C)
>CRAZY RUNS IN THE FAMILY Parts 1 & 2
>A new day is dawning and with it comes an enemy unlike any that Marc Spector, Moon Knight, has ever faced. Moon Knight has always been a protector from the shadows, but this new enemy is looking to extinguish that shadow with blinding light and fire. Get ready for the introduction of Moon Knight’s greatest nemesis!

Interview on CBR; cbr.com/moon-knight-marvel-legacy-max-bemis-interview/

What d'you guys think?

Not interested.

>artist Jacen Burrows (Crossed, Providence)
Marvel keeps hiring bottom of the barrel artists, I see?

Foolkiller was one of my favorite things to come out of Marvel in years. I'm hype for this.

I'll read it when it gets posted on here for Burrows, don't know anything about Bemis

Foolkiller and Centipede have both been great, so I'm hyped for this.

I actually like him on Providence but yeah, not sure how that'll work on a cape book. OP's cover is fine enough.

BEMIS???? FUGGG :DDD

>Bemis/Burrows
Huh. That's actually way better than I expected. I guess I'll add this to my pull-list afterall. Burrows is no Smallwood, but he's a solid artist, and I've been impressed by everything Bemis has written so far.

Foolkiller was fantastic, very excited for this

Providence is an Alan Moore book, but the guy will always be more popular for Crossed.

>Foolkiller and Centipede have both been great
>Foolkiller was fantastic
Then why was it cancelled?

Foolkiller was one of the best Marvel minis in years. Worst X-man Ever was alright. It was mostly just meta-commentary on the X-men but it was good for what it was.

>Bemis
Picked up.

Because foolkiller is a very obscure character.

I hope that they keep Mr. Knight.

>Then why was it cancelled?
Same reason Flinstones, Nova, Ultimates, Prez, and countless other great books were cancelled. Because quality has nothing to do with sales and hasn't for decades.

2edgy4me, Ellis.

But Flintstones and Prez are truly good.

>Then why was it cancelled?

Obscure character, spin-off of the already overextended Deadpool line during a tepidly received relaunch where every single title underperformed or took heavy sales drops.

That's a good answer, thank you.

>But Flintstones and Prez are truly good.
And how do you know Foolkiller wasn't? Checkmate, autist.

Good = Popularity, come the fuck on user.

jacen burrows is trash, the only good thing he did was providence and that's mostly because of Alan Moore's monster sized scripts

I'm guessing the dude at the top of the building is the "greatest nemesis" and will actually be an enemy of Khonsu, not Marc. If they're going for really simple dualism he'll be Ra or some other God of the Sun. Although the eye would indicate Horus.

Mr Knight was a fun gimmick but was ultimately a pretty shallow addition to the character

pretty much defines all of Ellis' contribution to the character. At least he washed the filth of Bendis away completely and had a few fun stories

Well, that's Moon Knight for you. Or atleast on of his personalities.

Marc just killed Khonshu though so that's probably NOT the case

>Bemis Moon Knight
>Cates Doctor Strange
>Aaron Avengers
>Waid Captain America
I'm picking up more than I expected for Legacy.

>implying you can escape the moon madness
That said, maybe it's a bro of Khonsu's out for revenge.

Hopefully this run won't be insipid, inconsequential bullshit like most of his recent stuff, especially his last book

I have faith in the writer though, Foolkiller was very introspective and meaningful and a very good character study. Something which MK has been desperately seeking for a while now

The kids of today should defend themselves against the nineties.

>Cates
The fool. He will eventually have to move to DC to chad up.

Because characters in comics, especially gods and those whose existence is tied into the perception of an unreliable and insane character, always stay dead. And there's no way they would introduce someone who would go after Moony because of a grudge against Khonsu if he's dead.

It was the 2000s. Was a pretty wild run.

>the 2000s
Oh, that's even worse.

The kids of today shouldn't post in a site for adults.

I think Foolkiller gets slightly over-repped given it pulls a lot of stuff from one of the Crossed stories he did about two brothers, one of whom is a psychologist with a sinister secret. BUT it was still a good take on the character, well paced, well developed and not afraid to make things happen.

I think Moon Knight is a great pick after Foolkiller because it's another vigilante character who goes too far and is sort of broken as a person by it.

Well, DC does enjoy picking up Marvel's trash after they're done with it...

>But Flintstones and Prez are truly good.
And they still got cancelled, retard. Sales never dictate quality.

And they recycle it into something good.

I hope you're not being serious with that pic because it's a shoop

Nah, dc boys just have lower standards.

OK.

Then tell Marvel to stop plagiarizing them, dude.

See, that's real, but the Whedon pic isn't.

Max bemis the singer from say anything?

Oh I'm certain Khonshu will be back but at least for like one arc he'll be gone

And marvel fags have no standards

Same guy, he's been writing comics for a handful of years now

Take it to Sup Forums, fags.

So Marvel wants the Gerard Way audience?

Isn't the lead singer of Say Anything named Max Bemis?

Oh fuck, that's cool as shit. I loved ...is a Real Boy

Same guy, yes.

Bit of a difference between Say Anything and MCR m8.

Thanks for the info, Sup Forums.

Time to drop Moon Knight, I see. I mean it hasn't been particularly good before, but at least the art's been fantastic. Who would do shadows and light better than Greg Smallwood, but no, we get the guy from ''Crossed'', right? Not interested. Anyway, I'm sure Greg's busy doing other books, but Moon Knight was a great fit for him.

What about the writer? Can someone tell me if he's any good?

Read the fucking thread, you massive faggot.

read the fucking thread

>Time to drop Moon Knight
How can you drop a comic you're not currently buying or reading?

>Yet ANOTHER shitty Moon Knight run.
Why do I think they're making a Netflix series?

They want to.

Kill yourself, you dumbass tripfag. Bemis is decent.

sounds boring but will give it a try
decent team i guess, still not better than the last one

because thats what everyone and their mother wants so marlel is just playing with our feelings

Because they are.

I've kind of come around to the idea of tripfags considering they're the worst people on this website and having a trip allows me to filter them specifically

>decent
That's not enough. A Marvel comic is 4 bucks already, you know.

>user discovers fire

Jesus fucking christ people, stop giving tripfags (you)s

>When Marvel was king
>hurrr DC is finished
>When Marvel starts dropping the ball
>c-console war fags back away from my board

Why is it always DC fans that shit up Marvel threads?

>When Marvel was king
The 60s?

Nice strawman, faggot. I've always been against console wars, the idea that you have to pick a side is fucking retarded.

>>When Marvel starts dropping the ball
Marvel has been DOMINATING for the past 2 months and has been on top for another 2. Keep up.

All those sales threads say otherwise

I think he's on to something there.

I don't know much about Bemis, but if it's better than Lemire's boring shit it might be worth looking into.

>Moon Knight vs. the Crossed
OK.

Are you living under a rock?

>shilling Diamond
Are you this desperate to earn your monthly cent?

>"Khonsu" can also be understood to mean "king's placenta", and consequently in early times, he was considered to slay the king's (i.e. the pharaoh's) enemies, and extract their innards for the king's use, metaphorically creating something resembling a placenta for the king. This bloodthirsty aspect leads him to be referred to, in such as the Pyramid texts, as the "(one who) lives on hearts".

Bemis and a Crossed artist are perfect for this. Expect as much gore as they can get without going MAX.

>gore
>in a Disney company

...and just because I know you'll probably respond with
>before it was Disney
This was Bemis' last comic with Marvel.

>Bemis can get away with it because he doesn't sell much
In that case, fine.

ILU Cranky

To be fair Foolkiller, was one of the few Marvel books outside of Punisher with a 'MA' rating on it

Not bad.
I guess I'll give a try and read the first two issues.

What a fucking waste of Kurt.

Agreed. That pissed me off. I loved Gerber's mini series with Kurt and thought the character still had potential.

That cover looks like it could be for one of avatar's random edgy comics that nobody read but it could be good. The fact they are numbering issues like that will trigger me to no end though.

>That cover looks like it could be for one of avatar's random edgy comics that nobody read
Gee, it's almost like that cover was done by an artist known for doing random edgy comics for Avatar.

>Max Bemis
Weird. I've only heard good things about one of his books and keep forgetting his Foolkiller book was a thing that existed far longer than it should have.

Is that the fucking eye of ra?
Ra tops khonsu. This isn't even up for debate.

lol seriously?
you also think all rap music is the same huh

Another Moonie series that's gonna get cancelled after 12 issues because sales re gonna be cancerous garbage.
Oh well...

While you're right that Ra tops Khonshu, that is actually the eye of Horus, the god of the sun.

Sorry about that misinformation, decided to read up a little bit of Egyptian mythology. Horus is actually a god of the sky, Ra is the sun God.

also for those of you that are interested the eye of Ra looks like this.

>Max Bemis
Umm, OK, I'm willing to give him a chance
>Jacen Burrows
Hell yeah, I think this is his first big 2 work? Might be instantly the best artist @ Marvel.

I hope the same... or at least the black and white Moon Knight outfit... I don't like the full white Moon Knight unless it's Mr. Knight.

Shit taste.

The cover would say that outfit won't be featured.

Which is good.