Voltron Legendary Defenders: If they intend on stretching the show out for eight seasons what are the chances of them...

Voltron Legendary Defenders: If they intend on stretching the show out for eight seasons what are the chances of them introducing villains beyond Zarkon and Lotor?

Other urls found in this thread:

tumblr.com/video/stariousfalls/164244964918/500/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for dapping

then we get into cross overs user

They'll probably elaborate more on the space meth creatures from dimension Z and make them the final boss.

gotta love the mice

>season 8

So that Legendary Defender was so good for Japan that not only did they scrapped their own reboot, they also dubbed the show.

So the question is...Super Robot Wars debut when? Especially if they also add G Gundam, TTGL and Gunbuster. Getter, Mazinger and UC Gundams are standard.

Is this really Shiro's writing in the guidebook? Just wondering because I saw a lot of Shallura fans were really happy about this

First for Keith breaking in all 40 Shiros.

What, that he was paying attention to what aliens were saying?

Eh, the moves aren't flashy or cool enough for SRW yet. Hopefully by the end, we'll see Voltron do something cooler, but it's moves so far make Godmars' seem grandiose.

What are the chances of them doing something original instead of just doing twists on the original series?

Why is Shallura still a thing when Allura is confirmed a teenager?

Because the showrunners obviously only made her a teenager to have Kallura happen and don't know how to write their own show.

Haven't they already done something original by making Pidge female, making her plot heavy, and changing basically everything about Sven/Shiro?

i been hootin' n hollerin' about an anti-spiral ending since at least S2 release, the rift beings in S3 all but confirmed it.

They will be the new Korrasami

>Alternate universes are now a thing
>Remember the Dynamite Comic introducing a Tiger Samurai Voltron from an alternate universe that slaughtered innocents on Planet Drule

Tbh I didn't like it before but it is less shit with the age gap.

Lotor will get defeated at the end of season 5, and the last three will be dealing with the space meth and AU fuckery.

Didn't stop the latter to appear in SRW. Even if the titular mecha barely moved.

>scrapped their own reboot
what?

VLD will get 12 seasons. And one of those will be a poorly animated stint about their personal lives.
Someone screencap this.

Godmars' moves look way cooler. And in general it has a more super robot feel than LD's version of Voltron. Until we get more usage of the finishers and longer fights, I can't say I'd be interested in seeing it get in.

Hell, the original Golion's only been in once. Let's just do that again.

They already said eight though, with 78 episodes total.

Things change.

>implying Asami isn't such a lesbian coalburner she'll literally will herself into Voltron to seduce Allura

>Asami cheating on her girlfriend
Disgusting, she's not Mako

Guidebook is unofficial. Allura could marry Keith and have consensual sex with love and become happily pregnant with Keith's baby and they will still claim Shallura was supposed to happen.

Japan originally wanted to make their own reboot of GoLion, but when they saw LD, they scrapped their own plans and took the Dreamworks one to be dubbed.

>there are people who think the writers intentionally "adult coded" Allura then about-faced and retconned her into a teen to force Kallura
People will go to any length to justify their mis-understanding of a kids cartoon

I think Allura's surge in popularity can be directly traced back to everyone being enamored with the idea of her being a flirt.
Never mind the fact that she did it to ape Lance.

Allura using her womanly wiles when?

If Kallura happens I can imagine them writing fanfics with Keith cuckoldry

Mako was a much better boyfriend than Asami was a girlfriend desu

Explain?

I think if Lotor has a thing for her in this version too, there might be some good material here. Especially if all Allura knows about being seductive she learned from Lance. Meaning cheesy pick-up lines, weak machismo and showboating.

I binged the first two seasons like two days before the premiere of the third so I wasn't here for most of the "age discourse" but I assumed Allura was supposed to be the ayyy equivalent of 19-21. Though I thought Keith was in that age range too, and that the Garrison trio were college freshmen.

I want Allura to use terrible pick-up lines to drive Lotor away from her

>Never mind the fact that she did it to ape Lance.
So a female Lance would have been Best Girl?

>Pidge
>College freshman

The void and alternate dimensions yield many possibilities, the main ones being those weird monsters and the Altean Empire

Thoughts?

You keep saying this and I still have no idea where you're getting it from. The biggest voltron news I ever saw on jp twitter was them reacting to the voltron legos, I think I would have heard if Toei had been planning a reboot. It doesn't make sense for them to reboot a show that was never successful in Japan anyway, they also weren't involved in the dubbing.

Was McCree a good dad?

Isn't it still set for 78 episodes, only they're doing it quarterly now?
Season 1-2 = 13 episodes each
Season 3-8 = 7/6 episodes each
So three years' worth of episodes.

anti-spiral ending
Explain pls, I'm curious.

To be fair, Matt looks pretty young too, but he was old enough to go on an pretty important space mission. I assumed it just runs in the family.

Same, Space Mom is fucking shit but vulnerable teenager smitten with Shiro is really cute.
Will he still have a weird Oedipus complex towards her because she doesn't look a lot like Honerva in this version.

Pidge, Allura, and Coran look okay. Everyone else looks like garbage.

We're already in the new season and they introduced to us the evil alteans. I have a feeling they'll come back.

Even with long hair Lance doesn't manage to outgay Keith in that picture.

Is Romelle going to be one of them?

>Allura's surge in popularity
I see people are still drawing her looking like a butch.

Evil? Definitely not! I'm so curious on how she'll be interacting with Allura.

Keith looks like a tomboy girl.

Not evil but more like "ends justify the means" and well intentioned but ruthless.

Nah that'll be Matt.

Why would they want to reboot GoLion?

Why do fans keep portraying Allura as a strong independent black mommy anyway? It's boring and takes away some of the appeal her personality has.

I think it would have been rather novel.
Thirsty girls are fun.

That Allura is fucking cute.

Nah, he looks like a high schooler from the 90s.

>Allura with Pidge hair looks like a brown Rei
Huh...

>Keith and Lance suddenly become hot girls

o-okay

He should've just let Coran cut the damn thing.

The idea was cute. Namely to have Team Voltron be like a literal family unit. Seems natural to give space dad a space mom to raise the kids with.

The problem is that Allura just isn't that kind of character. But as a concept I don't inherently dislike it. Maybe that's what Romelle will be.

Lance looks more like a native American guy with Allura's hair.

>Shirelle will be Space Parents
That would be cute

That Keith looks more like a guy than regular Keith and Lance just looks like Lance with a douchebag hairstyle, get your eyes checked.

Female Lance would have literally just been a dumber Asuka.

>I think if Lotor has a thing for her in this version too
Everything they've said not-so-subtly indicates they found his OG obsession with her embarrassing and are excising any hint of romance/physical attraction from their relationship completely, but shippers gonna ship of course. He might come to admire her as an adversary but that'll be it.

>tumblr.com/video/stariousfalls/164244964918/500/
R.I.P Shiro. Gone, but not forgotten.

basically a revelation that the big bad was acting to protect the world from an even greater threat that reveals itself with their defeat, hit up a TTGL wiki for a more detailed explanation

In this day and age, I wouldn't risk depicting a violent antagonist's attraction to the heroine either.

How assmad will everyone be if it turns out that Kuron was brainwashed Shiro all along?

>I thought she was dignified and graceful, but when we had dinner she bragged about being able to bench press the table and I had to physically keep her from demonstrating it.

That's weird. It's not like villains being romantically obsessed with the fair maiden is an inherently goofy concept. It's just a matter of adaptation. You know like they've been doing with the show so far.

I don't know if Lotor knows anything about the Quintessence, actually he might have been born a Quintessence zombie like his parents.

>she's a threat to klance, so she's "Team Mom XD"
>shiro is also a threat to klance, so they are both "muh space parents"
>shallura shippers want Shiro and Allura to be unthreatened by other ships and go along with this
>she's a bit more mature than the rest of the group, thus a parent somehow
>"black girls mature faster" myth
>coran is right fucking there being the parental figure but we can't pat attention to that because everything is influenced by garbage shipping

butt

Oh boy, are we going back to our "this is why we're better than tumblr" days?

Best boy.

Keith always looks like a tomboy girl to some degree with his face.

I don't think they're going to get rid of the romance altogether, they might have him fall for her via rivalship after being impressed by her might this time. Work in some Feminist Messages in the process like the gothic pink line.

But that's where the space mom/dad meme came from, ya doof. Also how can we be much better when this place is tumblr as fuck anyway

I forget did either Avatar series have any onscreen blood? I feel like some of the scenes with Shiro like the gladiator fights or the injured leg would've benefited from a tiny smidgen of it. Because as it was it looked like his leg was already burned, hence why would he need to cauterize it?

He looks like a regular anime to me. Maybe if his eyebrows were thinner and his jaw was softer I could see it.

i mean she tried it with the blue lion

Nice butt.

That's just Mir's sameface syndrome. Every male who isn't a bara or Lance looks the same.

I want more Space Kuvira

Josh pushed Space Dad pretty hard too, it was even still his pinned tweet last I checked.

I dunno, they managed to make the girls look decently different from each other in Korra.

I want an episode where someone points out to Shiro he's got a 100/10 body. I wanna see if he's aware he's hot or is completely naive to it.

I don't remember but blood bending was a thing. I can't recall if the blood was shown on-screen though.

Didn't Josh invent the Space dad thing? I came into the fandom two months after it aired.

Does this show have any fetish episodes?

At least I am not the only one that thought about Altean Kuvira

Josh is an attention whore.

The one where Hunk farts