Has there been a single person that used to watch South Park, but doesn't anymore...

Has there been a single person that used to watch South Park, but doesn't anymore? It seems like the only long running animated show that's still going that never had seasonal rot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wo7CgWH8jX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last episode I formally watched was the one where cartman kills their plushies and dolls.

then I ignored it for some time and when they went full libcuck I avoided it

>never had season rot
season 20
nuff said

most people i know gave up on the show as did I ill watch every now and then just to see if its any good since the show is hit or miss alot of the time. the continuity shit really crapped it up tho in the latest seasons.

>hated the shit out of last season
>still gonna check out the next season anyway
Huh, maybe you have a point, OP.

The show became actively serialized though, a terrible decision that can easily be fixed and seems like it will. It didn't just "get bad", they made a sharkjumping decision which isn't the same as running out of ideas.

Me. I took a pretty big break from it around season 14-15 maybe? Only watched a couple with my friends. Based on how they reacted to the most recent ones I don't think I'm too thrilled about any new south park episodes.

I played stick of truth though. It was aight.

i've dropped off at points but i watch these days

i think it's cool that a show's been creatively controlled largely by a couple guys and has lasted this long

Me. It's way too political now. Besides, half the reason people liked it was because of how edgy it was, but it's been running so long what used to be edgy is just normal

No, literally every single person who has ever watched South Park has never missed a single episode in 20 straight years.

What the fuck kind of question is that?

Older seasons where better

Newer ones feel a bit too preachy, like they made fun of FG for that when they play the whole she-bang straight.

Just my opinion.

Yeah.
There are still some episodes that brings back some memories like Fun Time With Weapons or Chinpokomon.

Many of the newer stuff I phased out mostly.

SP is consistently crafted to appeal to adolescent boys so yeah I'd assume a lot of people grow out of it.

I stopped watching after I didn't care for the human cent-ipad episode but everyone i knew at the time thought it was fucking hilarious

I guess I just got tired of the style of humour.

SP has had some very big missteps, especially when it comes to adding real world issues too damn much that it effects the plot or then becomes the plot itself, but the show is still very funny and I will watch it if it's on.

>Based on how they reacted to the most recent ones I don't think I'm too thrilled
think for your fucking self

It's had it's moments, but recently has dropped off. I imagine it might change this season since they're supposedly scrapping their need for overarching storylines.

Last few seasons have been pretty horrid. I do not give a fuck about how smart they think they are with there non-committal "anything that's different sucks!" I just want good fucking episodes where they tackle mundane, stupid kid problems but treat it like it's a huge deal and the comedy stems from that. Or not, cause the show has been going for way too long.

I'm not sure how people can still watch this but not watch AT/RS in its final seasons because "it's been too long and its not funny" when SP tries its hardest to not be funny and just hammers in political views.

I only mean the AT/RS thing for former fans, obviously

The first half was pretty good, minus episode one

The first half was episode 1 retold different ways

The creators recently said that they'd go back to their roots and have less of a focus on current events.

The fact it took fucking up late season 18 through season 20 for them to understand this is telling of how out of touch they are and how little I trust the quality anymore.

>went full libcuck

To be fair they're pretty middle of the road, I've seen more lefty in other shows

They could have really torn Trump another shithole but they let him off pretty easy

>They could have really torn Trump another shithole
They had a faggot beat the shit out of him, kill him and take his place for the elections.

Believe me, they could've gone further. And they've said that they're going to lay off Trump from now on since it's done to death at this point by literally everything else.

heh

I don't know but I for one love the continuity

Like for example I wanted to see more of Randy Lorde because I found it to be funny as fuck and since you got a bit per episode spread out it didn't get old to me.

PC Principal was fucking hilarious loved the shit out of that character
>went full libcuck
>has an entire character entirely devoted to absolutely NOTHING other than making fun of sjw's

youtube.com/watch?v=Wo7CgWH8jX4

lol what are you stupid?

>they let him off pretty easy
>>what they did wasn't bad
Makes it sound like you think he deserves worse if you consider this "letting him off easy"

It was pretty tame compared to other stuff they've done.

>And they've said that they're going to lay off Trump from now on since it's done to death
They are laying off Trump because his victory fucking destroyed their season and likely fear giving the man anymore attention could give him more power.

Look, let's be completely frank here

no Sup Forums bullshit. Put all that aside.

There's a TON of material to make fun of when it comes to Trump. Even people who like him have to admit he's a comedian's gold fucking mine. Come on.
Just face facts.

examples?

Someone i know offline laughed too hard when this showed up on South Park.

>when they made fun of FG
That was like ten years ago.

My last episode was the one with the living ads girl and the new principal.
Didn't care about the new episodes.
I think her name was Leslie.

I like him, but you've got a point. But it gets kind of annoying when he's all anyone talks about anymore, I had to stop watching SNL because of it.
Britney Spears, Rob Reiner, Paris Hilton to name a few.

Tom Cruise is a fudge packer
Paris Hilton has a whore-off with Mr. Slave and ends up inside his ass
The R-Kelly episode
Barbara Streissand
Hennifer HLopez likes tacos and burritos and they can't tell her apart from a hand puppet

Believe me they could have ravaged trump.
Anyway let me save a little time just watch the episode where all the celebrities get together and want to get revenge on southpark for making fun of them, I think they want to get Muhammad the Prophet and extract whatever is inside him that makes it to where no one can make fun of him

None of those characters got two seasons and about 14 episodes dedicated to them.

The Britney Spears one was more making fun of how the media treats famous people

>shoots herself in the face
>"look at Britney's new look! Look at the clothes she dared to wear! (while half her face is missing)

>because his victory fucking destroyed their season
He destroy everyone with that win

Yeah well none of them are boisterous buffoons who seem like caricatures of people in real life either

>watch a random familiar South Park episode on tv, seems like it's from one of the newer seasons.
>it's over 10 years old

fuck my life

the reason season 20 was bad wasn't because it was serialized, it was because they made focused too much on commentary, south park has always done better with character driven plots and comedy when it comes to their longer stuff, if they they made the season about south park, the characters and 'lore' it could have been as good as the movie, stick of truth, or some of the earlier multi-part episodes.

I liked season 18 and 19 though.

Gave up on it somewhere around season 4 or 5 when those were current, watched a more recent episode at a friend's recently and it's shocking how different it seems now.

That's because they were basing their continuity on real-time events. All the polls pegged Trump as losing so it's obvious they plotted their season based on that outcome. When that didn't happen, they needed to scramble to think of something new on the spot in time to get the episodes out the door.
If they lay off current events for a bit, I'd be fine with more continuity seasons.

I used to watch it religiously and last season blew it for me. Didn't even finish it.

They went on a steady pace to rock bottom after Chef left.

At no point in time were any commentary episodes as bad as last year. Last season was literally the worst season because of how frequently episodes revolved around nothing. It was a marathon to a payoff that never happened. Plotlines were dropped, directions were changed. You can't even casually tune into an episode from last season because of it like any other "bad" season. Stick of Truth was their best piece of work in the last 5 years and it was full of commentary and parody of video games. It was almost entirely defined by references.

still the basic plot of stick of truth is character driven if season 20 was more like that it would have been way better

South Park's trolling plotline is character driven as well, except it's about a character you don't care about. Cartman's storyline was aswell, it was just about a less entertaining Cartman and his absolute 0 entertainment girlfriend. Stan, Kenny and Butters were non-existent. The serialization is responsible for these things, not commentary. Hell, even Garrison running for president was an alright one-off thing the season prior, but it was awful when it was stretched out and poorly planned.

Season 19 was fucking great, fuck you.

i just want another musical movie